It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2788 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 140  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:05 am 

He profiled and acted on it to prevent a crime? WTH does that do to help the state?

Post subject: Move
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:07 am 

Oh, thank goodness, he's almost done. This really should have started, as West suggested, "...It was a dark and stormy night..."

I am so very, very encouraged. All the state has is emotion, it appears.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:09 am 
ADMIN

10:03 a.m.
Guy begins his opening statement with an expletive he says Zimmerman said. He repeats it again saying they were the words in the defendants head before using a “pistol” to shoot Martin.

Guy points at Zimmerman, describing that he was “upright” and preparing to tell police why he “profiled” and “murdered and unarmed teenager.”

Guy says Zimmerman used hate-filled words to describe an unknown person.

He says he will describe in detail the end of Trayvon Martin’s life, which he says was the product of two worlds colliding.

He says in one world, Martin went to the store to get something to drink and skittles for a 12-year-old friend.

Guy says that day, Martin spent the day playing video games and watching TV with Chad Joseph, 12.

Guy says they jury will see the 7-Eleven surveillance video.

Guy says Martin walked home talking on the phone with a young friend in Miami.

Guy says Zimmerman was riding around in his car with a Kel-Tec 9 mm pistol, ready to fire.

Guy says Zimmerman didn’t see a young man walking home, but someone “real suspicious” and “up to no good.” Guy says the jury will hear the tape and how Martin is described.

Guy says Zimmerman mentions there has been “a bunch of recent burglaries,” and the door chime of the car door can be heard.

Guy says Zimmerman said under his breath the expletive phrase.

Guy says at the end of the phone call the defendant made the decision that brought all of them there today.

“Tell the officer to just call me and I’ll tell him where I am,” Guy quotes. Guy says Zimmerman wasn’t going back to his car, but after Martin.

Guy says four minutes later the girl on the phone heard Martin say “what are you following me for?”

Guy says Martin was face down with his hands clutching his chest.

Guy says the ear buds from his phone were next to his head.

Guy says Sgt. Romano will admit to not following SOPs with the police department. Guy says the officer put his lips on Martin’s lips to try to resuscitateMartin, but those efforts were too late.

Martin’s parents are wiping their eyes.

Guy says Zimmerman was able to answer and understand questions. He says Zimmerman had a bloody swollen nose and two lacerations on the back of his head.

He says the defendant was asked if he wanted to go to the hospital.

Guy says more than 30 photographs were taken of Zimmerman at the police station. He says the jury will also see video of him in the police station.

Guy says police videotaped Zimmerman explaining walked happen, calling it a “tangled web of lies.”

He says Zimmerman told police that Martin approached him, but that did not happen.

Guy says phone records dispute that claim.

Guy says Zimmerman told police that at one point while he was in his car, Martin circled his call.

Guy says the non-emergency call proves that is physically impossible.

Guy says Zimmerman told police the reason he got out of the car is because he needed an address.

Guy says Zimmerman claimed Martin straddled Zimmerman and covered his mouth and nose. Guy says there was no blood on Martin’s hands.

He says Martin’s cuffs were examined and no blood or DNA was found. He says Martin’s blood was on the defendant’s clothes.

Guy says Zimmerman claimed that Martin told him he was “going to die tonight,” but no one else heard it.

Guy says Zimmerman claimed he spread out Martin’s hands, but a witness took a photo showing Martin’s hands under his chest.

Guys says there is irrefutable physical evidence.

Guy says Zimmerman claimed Martin went for his gun, but Martin’s blood or DNA is not found on the gun.

Guy says an expert will tell the jury all about the gun, and that there were eight rounds in the gun because there was a bullet ready to fire in the chamber.

Guy says the gun has a longer trigger pull to ensure there are no accidental firings. He says the shot was a contact shot. He says the jury will see the burn marks.

Guy says the jury will see evidence from the scene and the first thing will be how “remarkably dark it was.”

He says the crime scene technician will go over the evidence there, mentioning Zimmerman’s flashlight, a bag used by the officer to keep air in Martin’s chest, the drink and skittles, the shell casing.

Guy says the people there will testify, including residents.

Guy says no one heard or saw the incident from beginning to the end. He says they all got “slices.”

Guy says the witnesses also contradict what Zimmerman said.

Guy says Zimmerman said he was knocked down, but a witness says she saw them upright.

Guy says nobody heard Martin say the “die tonight” phrase.

He says a witness thought he saw kids playing, but saw it was more serious and saw Martin’s hands on the defendant’s body and didn’t see or hear a fight.

A physician’s assistant who examined the defendant the next morning, Guy says, will testify that Zimmerman needed a note so he could go back to work.

He says she thought his now possible could be broken, but everything was aligned and longest injury on the back of his head was two centimeters, not needing sutures.

Guy calls the 911 call “bone-chilling.”

He says they will hear screaming in the background and asks the jurors to listen carefully.

He says Trayvon Martin was silenced immediately and after the gunshot the screaming stops.

Guy says they will learn more about the defendant, the person riding around in a car with a gun.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:09 am 

kbp wrote:
Defense can't make NOT calling a witness an issue. I wonder if that allows any cover (an 'out') for not calling DD still?

But the defense can excoriate the State for making factual claims in its opening statement that it failed to introduce or prove in its case presentation.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:10 am 
ADMIN

Guy done... thankfully.... his "best shot" was limp.

West next... but asks for recess to set up audio visual etc

15 Minute recess.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:11 am 

The way Guy explains what his doctor will tell the jury puts the gun in contact with the guy on top of the defendant, which Guy had earlier admitted.

Not making that great of an argument, maybe should have added "F******" in between every thrid or fourth word spoken.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:12 am 
ADMIN

chipbennett wrote:

But the defense can excoriate the State for making factual claims in its opening statement that it failed to introduce or prove in its case presentation.

I think he made such an issue of what the "call with DeeDee" would show... they HAVE to call her?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:13 am 

kbp wrote:
Defense can't make NOT calling a witness an issue. I wonder if that allows any cover (an 'out') for not calling DD still?

chipbennett wrote:

Thanks you, Sir! Then it does exactly what Nelson said they could not do, but evidently Guy opened the door if DD is not called to testify.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:13 am 

I predict after the defense opening statement this will feel very much like preacher vs. professor.

In the ultimate battle, which will win? Emotion or logic?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:14 am 

Talking heads are discussing the opening statement during the recess. They claim that Guy was so artful that the defense couldn't even put forth an objection during the statement.

I'm thinking that the defense was just channeling Napoleon: Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake..

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:18 am 

Crump must be livid that the lady in front of Sybrinia is shielding Sybrinia from using her kleenix and tears...bet the lady is removed so that the camera can catch the Martin drama. Look, I realize she has lost a son, but come on, when the camera pans her way, its her cue.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:19 am 

chipbennett wrote:
Talking heads are discussing the opening statement during the recess. They claim that Guy was so artful that the defense couldn't even put forth an objection during the statement.

I'm thinking that the defense was just channeling Napoleon: Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake..

There was not anything stated that would prove guilt. Self defense is wide open throughout all Guy spoke of that took place after the nose was punched.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:19 am 

chipbennett wrote:
Martin's hands weren't tested, for anything. Martin's hands rubbed his clothes and the wet grass after the assault, and it was still raining. And blood isn't automatically transferred from victim to assailant just because a punch makes contact.

Thanks, I keep forgetting that. I didn't think there would be any blood under his fingernails because he didn't scratch GZ. As per the opening by the state, they don't seem to have much evidence. Not much of an opening.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:21 am 

taurus wrote:
Crump must be livid that the lady in front of Sybrinia is shielding Sybrinia from using her kleenix and tears...bet the lady is removed so that the camera can catch the Martin drama. Look, I realize she has lost a son, but come on, when the camera pans her way, its her cue.

We'll see how many times the "camera pans her way" during West's opening. I'm hoping for quite often.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:21 am 

chipbennett wrote:

Oh Chip...you mean we can expect Bernie to pop up like a pop tart with a ton of objections during West's opening?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:24 am 

Prior to opening statement, GZ's 3 spontaneous statements (res gestae) were allowed in over state's objections. Another defense victory. And West will refer to at least one of them in his opening.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:30 am 

chipbennett wrote:
Typical: John Guy arguing against normal (and expected) CCW behavior: yes, the gun is loaded, with a round in the chamber, and carried securely in an IWB holster.

Traybots spent over a year "hearing the gun racking" and Guy said it was on lock and load. Where is that mannequin? Also and at last we hear from Guy Zimmerman's true height and its 5'7". Thanks Guy. I want to of course, but find Guy a bad actor. His opening is full of the Traybot minute. They will be so proud. Not much of an opening. A "contact wound" too.

Last edited by cherpa1 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:37 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:32 am 

taurus wrote:
Oh Chip...you mean we can expect Bernie to pop up like a pop tart with a ton of objections during West's opening?

He has during everything else so why not now? I just hope he starts flapping!!

HLN is being bias of course.

Ryan Smith is praising his simple opening.

Last edited by murderbythebook on Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:34 am 

chipbennett wrote:

taurus wrote:

Yes, because BDLR is likely not to follow Napoleonic philosophy, but rather that old legal proverb:

If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If neither is on your side, pound on the table.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:35 am 
ADMIN

cherpa1 wrote:
Traybots spent over a year "hearing the gun racking" and Guy said it was on lock and load. Where is that mannequin? Also and at last we hear from Guy Zimmerman's true height and its 5'7". Thanks Guy. I want to of course, but find Guy a bad actor. His opening is full of the Traybot minute. They will be so proud.

Teeto at JQ was just one of SEVERAL who remain CONVINCED they heard him racking his gun... even when the number of bullets refuted that.

Mind you that crowd are still convinced they see playmates in the Clubhouse.. and they hear 4 accomplices and a cockatoo.

I am a bit disappointed there is no mention of cocky .... yet

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2788 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 140  Next