It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1018 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:01 pm 

liesel wrote:
I was afk again; if I don't get dinner on the table soon, my family will report me to Corey. :)

From trial thread:

mbtb - animation can only be used as demonstrative aid in closing; not admitted as evidence the jury can review repeatedly in jury room.

realitycheck - do you have any info that the investigation may be about Crump, or just your own guess/logic? TIA

unitron - my understanding from others is that he was FDLE and arrested GZ when he was out with the buddy, underage drinking sweep, blah blah.

SheStone - I think the state is giving up on rebuttal. Yeah, they discussed maybe discussing it tomorrow, if I understood them, but I think it's over.

realitycheck - the jury does not get informed about sentences and if they otherwise know, are not to consider them in rendering verdict.

kbp - :Gslap waiting for the smoking gun in closing! :Gslap

Lee is FDLE supervisor, but not booze cop involved with Z back when

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:01 pm 

just a guess about Crump .... that's scary that the Jury doesn't know a conviction on a "lesser charge" could send GZ to jail for decades !!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:08 pm 
ADMIN

I heard Hornsbey point out a couple of weeks ago...

ANY prison time for George is most likely a DEATH sentence....

The BGI/Scheme Team/Persecution.... have assured he will be a target.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:09 pm 
ADMIN

murderbythebook wrote:
What are the charges? I missed it. Too fast.
They have NOT spelled it out... lesser included charges are yet to be finalised... tomorrow morning.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:11 pm 

chipbennett wrote:

Full disclosure: this is the first trial I've followed this closely. I'm just relying on common sense to know that Nelson's behavior was utterly inappropriate.

Wow! I am very surprised. You're either super smart, are a "natural" with a legal mind, or both!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:15 pm 

cherpa1 wrote:
O'Mara to Guy in Open Court, "May I play with your doll" ??? :84 :84 :84

:Gslap That one got to me too. Do you think it was intentional? Like demeaning Guy?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:16 pm 

murderbythebook wrote:
What are the charges? I missed it. Too fast.

Sorry, I was cooking. I'll bet Rumpole or someone else will have it though. (Waiting on timer for muffins now.)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:20 pm 

I wonder if Crump is on both witness lists. Maybe the judge is investigating him for improper procedures. She may send a complaint to the Florida Bar. Judges can do that.

MoM may have given that deposition to the judge to read.

All we know it is someone on both the State's and Defense's witness lists and was never called.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:44 pm 

realitycheck wrote:
just a guess about Crump .... that's scary that the Jury doesn't know a conviction on a "lesser charge" could send GZ to jail for decades !!!!

Rumpole wrote:
I heard Hornsbey point out a couple of weeks ago...

ANY prison time for George is most likely a DEATH sentence....

The BGI/Scheme Team/Persecution.... have assured he will be a target.

I agree with Rumpole and Hornsby - regardless how long he's sentenced, I don't think GZ would survive.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:46 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:47 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:50 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:58 pm 

murderbythebook wrote:
I wonder if Crump is on both witness lists. Maybe the judge is investigating him for improper procedures. She may send a complaint to the Florida Bar. Judges can do that.

MoM may have given that deposition to the judge to read.

All we know it is someone on both the State's and Defense's witness lists and was never called.

Ahhhh... there ya' go... I'm pretty sure Crump was not on the state's list. Sorry to put a pin in our balloon...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:03 pm 
ADMIN

liesel wrote:
Sorry, I was cooking. I'll bet Rumpole or someone else will have it though. (Waiting on timer for muffins now.)

It's yet to be decided (as I already posted while you were distracted with baking :)

I assume you will be sharing the muffins?

Which reminds me ao the classic SNL sketch with Betty White.. already posted....

Classic Clips From Saturday Night Live
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=100#p543

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:20 pm 

Are we sure?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:21 pm 

AndrewBranca wrote:
Zimmerman Defense Rests, Closing Statements Start Tomorrow

The defense team continued on what is expected to be the last day of their presentation of their case. The day began and ended with a bang. This morning Judge Nelson denied the defense’s request to introduce their animated movie as evidence, although they will be permitted to use it for demonstrative purposes during closing. Professor Jacobson covered this breaking news this morning here:

Then at the end of Court today the defense rested their case, and it was agreed that the State would present its closing argument tomorrow at 1PM, the defense would present their closing argument on Friday morning, followed by a State rebuttal. After that the jury should be instructed, and deliberations begun.

Read more at Legal Insurrection.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:24 pm 

murderbythebook wrote:

Are we sure?

Remember the pleadings and the state arguing that Crump wasn't on their witness list and the defense wasn't allowed to depose him because they put Crump on the defense list, iirc? We can't be certain, of course, but if the person was on both witness lists, it doesn't look like Crump is a real possibility to me. I could be (and hope I am!) wrong. It won't be the first time. It won't even be the firs time today. Ok, it won't be the first time I was wrong since noon. Ok, fine - since noon in pretty much any time zone! :Gslap

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:30 pm 
ADMIN

THREAD LOCKED

Please continue discussion in next thread

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Discussion #8
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=972

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1018 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51