It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:09 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
BTW The tape sounds like George to me... clear as anything.... no question, based on KNOWING his voice having heard lots of long samples.
The ONLY way it could be TM is if TM had a similar "high pitched" voice to George and a similar "accent" (not ebonics-a-sised)

I agree, I've always felt the voice was clearly recognizable as being George's.

My feeling has only gotten stronger on that as I've heard more of his normal speaking voice, and done more comparisons myself and especially the new one last month Primeau (ironically) put up. He may be a doofus but there's no real way to screw up what he did, he just assembled the exemplars George recorded with the police, and the screams, in a novel way. One scream repeats a few times, then some of the exemplar, and so on. Clear as day, clearer than ever... it is George.

Which should've always been obvious even if we didn't have any recording of it, but just witnesses telling us there'd been screams.

1.) John said it was GZ
2.) GZ was bloodied and beaten
3.) GZ had shot someone, why do that unless your life is in danger?
4.) Neighbors who knew GZ have said it was him, one said 110% sure
5.) Tracy Martin said it wasn't Trayvon
6.) Javaris said he couldn't be sure
7.) All of GZ's family have never waivered

etc

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:12 pm 

The Orlando Sentinel is live with what looks to be a newscaster, Holly Bristo, doing shots that will evidently be broadcast later. She was full of praise for Nelson having been firm with both sides, preventing from wasting time as she (Nelson) was moving the process along promptly.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:19 pm 

Yea I noticed, and I found it remarkable that they chose to frame it that way. Wait, did I say remarkable? I meant predictable, but deeply disappointing.

What Nelson did was shoot down the defense calling attention to something which SHOULD have been deeply concerning and interesting to her.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:20 pm 
ADMIN

You only Live Twice...

Sean Connery won an Anti-Oscar for WORST Impression of a Japanese man
:lol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:22 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
BTW The tape sounds like George to me... clear as anything.... no question, based on KNOWING his voice having heard lots of long samples.
The ONLY way it could be TM is if TM had a similar "high pitched" voice to George and a similar "accent" (not ebonics-a-sised)

Geosurface wrote:
I agree, I've always felt the voice was clearly recognizable as being George's.

I think you two just told us that the voodoo voice doctor's opinion holds water!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:25 pm 

kbp wrote:
I think you two just told us that the voodoo voice doctor's opinion holds water!

An important distinction: Although I personally feel the voice is recognizable as George's, I agree with the Japanese FBI guy that the comparison cannot reliably be made to the standards and satisfaction of courtroom evidence.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:28 pm 
ADMIN

kbp wrote:

Read my post in total.

HE is NOT a "blind" evaluator.... nor have we established he is trained in anything....

And I suggested 5 or 6 independent trained listeners working "blind".. coming to unanimous evaluation.... with sample of BOTH voices.
Anyway that aint gonna happen..... plan B is NO EXPERTS as MOM's motion suggests..... Reich is not even "Plan C"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:32 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
To check.... anybody would need a lengthy sample of TM's normal speech

I think a HUMAN analysis is necessary... machines do require a sample not "stepped on" but I think a human can compensate for (hear around) the overlaid voices.

IMHO the ONLY way to do an analysis of such a brief sample as the 911 scream is to use TRAINED experts... not just one... but 5 or 6 listening "blind" then comparing those opinions. I would expect a UNANIMOUS result... in fact I would only accept a unanimous result as proof for purposes in court.

They don't need any of those experts! As I've said already dozens of times, Florida taxpayers will be paying a whole lot of money for audio experts to resolve the dispute about who is screaming for help in the Martin/Zimmerman incident. This dispute can be easily solved by using plain old common sense (that doesn't cost one red cent), and we don't need the FBI to test anything or consult any voice expert.

Who is it that was injured in this altercation? George suffered several injuries. Trayvon only suffered one injury. It is pretty obvious, by the injuries and witness statements, that George was getting the worst of the encounter (he was the one getting beat up) and had a need to cry out for help. Trayvon was not being injured during the "fight" and thus had no reason to cry out for help. Simple reasoning and common sense identifies the screaming individual as the one suffering the injuries and losing the "fight." This is a no-brainer! Paying so-called "experts," (hired guns) to testify in this trial is about the worst kind of wastefulness of resources I've ever heard. But I'll bet the "powers that be" in Florida are just about dumb enough to do it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:36 pm 
ADMIN

I dont disagree with you at all SeeingEye.

I am just bloviating on the topic du jour... which is some sort of "Expert"

And.... apparently MONEY is no object for Florida taxpayers... you shovel big heaps of it down legal and Political Black Holes all the time. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:45 pm 
ADMIN

Video Recap of Hearing 6th June 2013

Part 1 - Sanctions Hearing - June 6, 2013, Asst. State Attorney Wesley White, Zimmerman v. Martin

Part 2 - Sanctions Hearing - June 6, 2013, Sanctions Hearing - IT Guy - Zimmerman v. Martin

Part 3 - Sanctions Hearing - June 6, 2013, Attorney Don West Testimony

Zimmerman v. Martin - FBI SUPPORTS ZIMMERMAN! Senior FBI Employee Testifies On GZ Behalf

Zimmerman v. Martin - Cowardly de la Rionda Ducks Stand- Judge Goes Postal - Shuts Hearing Down

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:58 pm 
ADMIN

THREAD LOCKED

Please continue discussion in regular thread
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=941&p=40963#p40963

I have started a separate thread for tomorrow's hearing

HEARING: Various Matters 6-7-13 (Frye Continued)
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=951

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15