It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 3:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1006 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:33 pm 

kbp wrote:
I wish I had time available to review E22! The more I think about her (E22) being exposed, the less sense it makes to me. Why did she get as far as she did? O'Mara didn't have any note or two he hoped MIGHT illustrate the cause necessary to have her dropped, he had a folder so full it looked like a case within itself.

The 'oh yeah' moment when he presented his folder full of data on E22, the event that had Bernie playing his part in demanding information, should have made the Jerry Counelis story pale in comparison.

I almost feel like we've been played here, as if all involved let her slide just so they could use her for the final act in the Jury Selection show.

taurus wrote:
Way, way behind here, can you refresh my memeory of E22?

In case you missed my link posted later, here it is with a little more comment I had posted elaswhere:
Quote:
PJ E-22 (church administrator) struck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLhl1yW ... ed#t=2379s

Go to about 39:30 of video.

After OMara moves to strike her, the video goes silent as he talks with prosecutors until about the 43:00 mark.

The details O'Mara withheld until that moment will blow your mind. WHERE WAS IT ALL EARLIER? It did not just pop up moments before he presented it. He goes on for 4 minutes to outline all she was involved with. At 44:40 O'Mara said he knew of this information??? Why withhold it to the last moment??? It ends at 51:00.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:42 pm 

Quote:
Why withhold it to the last moment???

The defense negated the effect of the packing of the jury pool with a double quota of blacks and caught the state by surprise. BDLR's attempt to strike his way to more blacks was nuked by MOM's Batson objection. Great work by the defense.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:02 pm 

Quote:
Why withhold it to the last moment???

John_Galt wrote:
The defense negated the effect of the packing of the jury pool with a double quota of blacks and caught the state by surprise. BDLR's attempt to strike his way to more blacks was nuked by MOM's Batson objection. Great work by the defense.

My rough understanding was the order in which the PJ's were to be considered matched the order they made the list. I'm not clear on how it could have been withheld for an 'ace in the hole' type move. He had to fool Bernie in some way I am not catching on to.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:04 pm 

You mean he fooled Nelson?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:17 pm 

Nothing in the news about the Frye ruling.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:16 pm 

Wonder how Traybots will handle this: (From talkleft)

The state agreed that GZ was already out of the car when the police call taker asked if he was following the suspicious person and said "We don't need you to do that." So there will be no reference to Zimmerman getting out of the car in disregard of what the call taker said.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:05 pm 

No one responded to my first post this morning about the alternates being publically announced. I still forsee a problem down the road when someone close to one or more of them lets them know their sequestered time is a ruse. Call me nuts, but I see this as a possibilty. Never have I seen alternates chosen before a trial begins.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:10 pm 
ADMIN

I don't understand what you are on about Taurus?

They always pick a jury.. and a number of alternates? The alternates sit in court along with the 12 (or 6) just so they are up to speed if a one of the 12 (or 6) gets used up.

This is standard??

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:25 pm 
ADMIN

I assume there is no ruling from Nelson on the State's "Laughing Language Loons" Frye Motion?

I guess she really does live in a "Technology Black Hole" as she claims? :eek

Hard to imagine that anybody living amongst modern technology could not relay a simple ruling via some sort of communication device??? Secure and protected even.

She mentioned "No Fax" which seems bizarre...

If all else fails... perhaps carrier pigeon? Perhaps utilise State's Witness #C42 (Cocky the cockatoo)?

Image "Faaark!..... State's Motion...... faaark!...... granted!....... faaark!........ garanted!"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:34 pm 

Why Bernie struck B35

@ 17:00 Prospective Juror B-35 SYG Plus Ultra

sucker punched so go to car to acquire superior weapon and then return to scene of conflict to SYG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=helzBXlF9G4

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:43 pm 
ADMIN

Thanks John... yeah I remember that little exchange.. "sucker punched" stood out :)

Traybots who describe events in this case as a fight or "scuffle" could do with some educating!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:09 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
I don't understand what you are on about Taurus?

They always pick a jury.. and a number of alternates? The alternates sit in court along with the 12 (or 6) just so they are up to speed if a one of the 12 (or 6) gets used up.

This is standard??

I read somewhere that the 10 in this case are only supposed to know that they're one of the 10 during the entire trial and it's only when the jury retires to deliberate that 6 of them find out that they're one of the 6 and the other 4 find out that they are not.

If they find out before then who's in which group, supposedly the alternates might slack off during the trial instead of giving it their full attention they way they supposedly would if they thought they might be one of the 6.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:10 pm 

B35 - He didn't have to get out of the car. Or go to the car to get a baseball bat.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:12 pm 

unitron wrote:
I read somewhere that the 10 in this case are only supposed to know that they're one of the 10 during the entire trial and it's only when the jury retires to deliberate that 6 of them find out that they're one of the 6 and the other 4 find out that they are not.

If they find out before then who's in which group, supposedly the alternates might slack off during the trial instead of giving it their full attention they way they supposedly would if they thought they might be one of the 6.

They are sequestered, instructed to avoid all media about the case, and discuss the case with no one. So yeah, they probably already know.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:17 pm 

John_Galt wrote:

They are sequestered, instructed to avoid all media about the case, and discuss the case with no one. So yeah, they probably already know.

What a relief. For a minute there I was afraid you might be getting cynical.

: - )

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:29 pm 

John_Galt wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:42 pm 

As posted at CTH and GZLegal...

http://www.gzdocs.com/documents/0613/re ... ements.pdf
DEFENDANT'S SPECIFIC RESPONSE TO STATE'S MOTION IN LIMINE REGARDING SELF-SERVING HEARSAY STATEMENTS OF DEFENDANT

Here is the 3 minutes of the hearing in which Nelson ruled on the issue:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... i0#t=2707s

It seems like Nelson's memory of it was slightly different than the video.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:52 pm 

unitron wrote:

Are you thinking of the Arias case where alternates weren't chosen until the deliberations where about to begin? That was Arizona. This is Florida. They were picked as alternates before trial here and know they are the alternates. This is mostly standard in all states. Arias was a death penalty case too.

Why would alternates slack off? They could be on the jury at any time.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:55 pm 

The jury can't be on camera, so the alternates can sleep peacefully.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:07 pm 
ADMIN

Not nowadays..... court twitterers include TRAINED observers... Professionals from the Media. They are on to important stuff like:

Juror X is falling asleep, or Juror Y is picking his nose.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1006 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next