It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:00 pm 

I think someone should contact MSM and let them know that there is one more trial coming up. This was such a hot button at one time and for them to suddenly go silent is a bit baffling. Maybe they forget.. LOL.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:48 pm 

:Gslap - no, they didn't forget - they just wish WE would! :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:49 am 

Now that is funny.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:00 am 

Is Shellie due in court today?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:03 am 

I believe I heard that she wasn't going to be there. I am watching the local Orlando channel for news, now.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:14 am 

Hi, you two! Yes, that's what I read - her appearance was waived. :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:18 am 

:28 Mornin' liesel.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:19 am 

Hiya, auscitizenmom! :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:28 am 

I finally heard on the local Orlando station that Shellie's hearing was postponed until next week. I think it was by her lawyer's request. So, another wait. :95

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:31 am 

Thanks for the heads up, auscitizenmom! :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:42 pm 

Shellie's hearing was deferred until next week.

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cf ... ml?cid=rss

Quote:
Attorneys for George Zimmerman's wife, Shellie Zimmerman, have deferred a hearing that was supposed to take place Wednesday. Instead, a status conference on her upcoming trial will be held next week.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:49 pm 

Freddy Leatherhead seems to think the status conference means the lawyers are wheeling and dealing.

Frederick Leatherhead wrote:

August 21, 2013 at 11:20 am

Shellie Zimmerman’s hearing today was continued to next week.

I suspect the basis for the continuance is to give the parties another week to see if they can reach an agreement to settle the case.

I am relying on my experience when I was trying cases. Status conferences usually are short hearings in which the lawyers tell the judge whether the case will be resolved without a trial.

There would be no reason to continue the status hearing, unless the lawyers needed more time to accomplish something necessary in order to decide whether to try the case.

Continuing to negotiate the terms of a possible plea agreement would be one reason to continue the hearing.

I am not aware of any information about the case that supports or undermines my theory. As I said, I’m thinking back to when I tried cases and requested a continuance of the status conference.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:08 pm 

Are the negotiations going like this? "So drop the charges and we won't file a civil suit against you directly Angela"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:23 pm 

That would be my guess. :84

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:32 pm 

Thanks, LondoJowo!

mung and auscitizenmom - I hope they're negotiating how much Angela and BDLR must pay to avoid being sued on this case only. :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:31 pm 
ADMIN

From CTH...

Quote:
Shellie Zimmerman Hearing Deferred – With The Full Backstory…
Posted on August 21, 2013 by sundance

SANFORD FLORIDA –
Attorneys for George Zimmerman’s wife, Shellie Zimmerman, have deferred a hearing that was supposed to take place Wednesday. Instead, a status conference on her upcoming trial will be held next week.

Shellie Zimmerman is facing perjury charges for lying in court about how much money the couple had during a bond hearing for her husband. Her perjury case was put on hold until after her husband’s murder trial. [... because it is ridiculous /SD]

Those expected to testify at her upcoming trial include George’s sister, a court reporter and investigators from the state attorney’s office.

Here’s The Backstory - You have probably never heard of him, and if you follow the mainstream lame stream media reporting of the George Zimmerman case you definitely never had.

Michael S Herring is part of the Orlando Legal machine who cares less about seeking justice, and more about self-interest along with protecting “the system”. Sound familiar ?

Mr. Herring “was” the former, as in “first”, attorney for Shellie Zimmerman. Yeah, that’s right, the “former” attorney for Shellie Zimmerman. The representative her current attorney, Kelly B Sims, replaced.

The reason for the replacement is actually a much bigger story than the ridiculous Shellie Zimmerman perjury charge.
[.....]
Thankfully Shellie was able to find current attorney, Kelly B Sims. Her case has been postponed, and delayed several times as the State looked to use leverage over her pending legal action to pressure George Zimmerman. So it will be interesting, now that George Zimmerman has been found Not-Guilty, to watch what defense plan Kelly Sims takes to exonerate Shellie of wrongdoing.

And boy howdy did Angela Corey and her team of prosecutors use this issue in the pre-trial manipulations of Mark O’Mara.

Bernie De La Rionda even using the leverage as deflection when the prosecution was being accused of Brady discovery Violations.

Angela Corey et al obviously had the tapes from the jailhouse conversations and knew that GZ was on tape telling people O’Mara was aware of the PayPal accounts. The State knew darn well that George had stated on those phone tapes he told O’Mara, and they used that knowledge to their advantage.

The State even intentionally withheld releasing those jailhouse recording tapes until after O’Mara was on record with his denials to gain additional leverage against him. The State then strategically released the tapes after the second 2nd bond hearing.

This painted O’Mara into a corner that no-one was paying attention to. The prosecution ended up with leverage over the defense attorney, and when they needed it they used it.

....more at link (Comments)
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... backstory/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:57 pm 

SD and MOM... I feel a yawn coming on.

ETA: :29 :29 :29

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:03 am 
ADMIN

I do think MOM advised GZ on funds... and MOM certainly had the damned passport in his briefcase... Lester even commented and said the Passport was a non-issue... and yet BDLR continued to bring it up... use it as evidence of GZ's bad character... and also use it in many implied threats (blackmail) against MOM.

I also think that REGARDLESS... Shellie's defence lawyer is bound to divert blame away from his client in any way he can... if he can in anyway blame MOM he should. And as I just said there are legitimate grounds for doing that.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:10 am 

Rumpole wrote:
I also think that REGARDLESS... Shellie's defence lawyer is bound to divert blame away from his client in any way he can... if he can in anyway blame MOM he should. And as I just said there are legitimate grounds for doing that.

I agree with you. :TF

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:15 am 

Rumpole wrote:
From CTH...

....more at link (Comments)
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... backstory/

I just finished reading that article. I've read similar criticisms of O'Mara before by SD. Why is he so down on O'Mara? I really thought O'Mara did a fantastic job with the trial. Is it because I'm not a lawyer I don't see the difference? I really do want to keep up to date on who the villains in this story are.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next