It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:48 pm 

liesel wrote:
It's possible the entire incident may be expunged at some point.

Even so, if she's ever asked whether she has ever been convicted of a crime, she can truthfully answer in the negative. However, if asked if she has ever pled guilty to a crime, she'd have to answer affirmatively.

And, I hate that. :TF It makes me sick :NN20 , angry, :WW , and just plain crazy :95 .

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:41 pm 

I can understand her accepting a plea, I just hate that letter to the judge.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:11 pm 

Ditto, auscitizenmom.

I understand, flgirl543; the letter is somehow worse to my mind, too.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:15 pm 

kbp wrote:
I'd love to help write that apology ...following Lester's lead in how we may determine facts, like "flight risk" and "strong case" (borrowed from the Poll thread!).

liesel wrote:
Oh, I'd very much have liked to see you write it too, but unfortunately, it was filed at the hearing. You know... you could still write up it up... "What Shellie's letter should have said." Pretty please? :D

LondoJowo wrote:
To this day I believe Judge Lester did and said many things knowing it would lead to him being recused from this case. He knew the state had no case and didn't want to be known as the judge that let George go.

After reading between the lines in her letter, I have second thoughts. Reverse Lester and Shellie, then tweak it slightly; it's perfect! Which of the two now has integrity?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:21 pm 

Oh, c'mon, kbp... you know you have to show us... ;)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:38 pm 

I believe Lester being recused explains it well enough without me having to type the entire letter!

...think "integrity"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:43 pm 
ADMIN

Bad start to the day... my computer (ISP) decided to not show anything from twitter... I knew Shellie had taken a plea but not exactly what.

Now I see.. it's not too bad... I am sure the hassles of continuing to FIGHT were properly considered by Shellie's legal advisors.

Still.... it makes me spew (as we say in the antipodes)... it amounts to blackmail... a "protection" racket.... "plea or we put you through hell for months" :stamp

And the letter!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:16 pm 

I think Shellie felt a lot of pressure from various places and felt this was the only way for her. She was listening to people telling her what to say and do concerning the money. I am angry that she was the one left holding the bag when she had no control of the actual pay pal money. If you listen to what her attorney said you can read between the lines. My husband and I wanted to go and be there today to show some support for her but I was too ill to go. Where was George?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:27 pm 

liesel wrote:
Thanks, all. I still don't like it, don't think it's right or fair, especially writing a letter to that nasty judge who caused all of this in the first place. Ugh.

I don't have a problem with it.

She did lie and she knew she was doing it.

I think this is a good outcome. It was reduced to what it should have been all along and she can move on with her life. It never should have been charged the way it was because it didn't affect the actual trial outcome.

She and her attorney made a smart choice and finally the state is acting like they are truly interested in justice.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:29 pm 
ADMIN

If George wasn't there? I guess it was a decision to not make it a circus?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:33 pm 
ADMIN

flareon wrote:
I don't have a problem with it.

She did lie and she knew she was doing it.

I think this is a good outcome. It was reduced to what it should have been all along and she can move on with her life. It never should have been charged the way it was because it didn't affect the actual trial outcome.

She and her attorney made a smart choice and finally the state is acting like they are truly interested in justice.

Really?
See earlier transcripts of what she said and strictly speaking she did not lie IIRC
At best it's debatable.

Besides..... if this is the standard... then MANY people testifying at trials should also be convicted of perjury... The entire Anthony family... especially Cindy come to mind as just ONE trial where perjury abounded.

This was a malicious, vindictive charge from the outset... designed to coerce a plea from GZ... andd not about "Justice" at all. That is NOT what the justice system should be there for.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:34 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
If George wasn't there? I guess it was a decision to not make it a circus?

That's what I think too. It would have been a feeding frenzy.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:38 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
Really?
See earlier transcripts of what she said and strictly speaking she did not lie IIRC
At best it's debatable.

Besides..... if this is the standard... then MANY people testifying at trials should also be convicted of perjury... The entire Anthony family... especially Cindy come to mind as just ONE trial where perjury abounded.

I know people view this differently, but I think she did lie. She knew what she was saying wasn't true and it was material to the proceedings. I understand why she did it, but she still did it.

I do think that most of the time the state overlooks these charges or it is hard to prosecute them. But here, the tapes show they were trying to deceive.

I'm glad the state went to a misdemeanor because it really wasn't a big deal and ordinarily wouldn't have been pursued.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:46 pm 
ADMIN

Well, perhaps :)

But the court system would need to take on a LOT of extra staff if we are now to charge every witness who OBVIOUSLY LIES with perjury.... and if we extend that to those who may perhaps of lied... then it would be an impossibility.

There is no doubt that Shellie Zimmerman was singled out for a charge that is not normally bothered with.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:55 pm 

They did that whole circus at the bond hearing and then told the jailers to let George use the phone all he wanted and set them up. They charged Shellie to try to force a plea out of George. It was malicious. The whole thing is maddening.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:58 pm 
ADMIN

If we are "hot mustard" on perjury in this case.... then why not a LOT of other people charged.... over testimony in a MURDER TRIAL... which is far more serious than testimony in a piddling pre-trial bond hearing?

"Fruit" Martin lied... so did Sabrina about Trayvon's voice.. and their previous evaluation of the 911 tape. MANY of the prosecution witnesses had their testimony challenged and "Impeached"... and the variations with previous statement shown clearly... that is, it was shown that they LIED. But of course no perjury charges... because that Is NOT what happens at trial... except for Shellie Zimmerman.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:31 pm 
ADMIN

Anyway.....

No felony charge for Shellie, and George has been Acquitted............ :neener :neener

For Traybot Worriers:
HOODIES DOWN - DEPENDS UP

Image :Q37

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:56 pm 

I'm glad to see this has all been settled for Shellie.

But...boy...I don't like that letter to the Judge.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:01 pm 

I do NOT like the letter to the judge either.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:05 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
If we are "hot mustard" on perjury in this case.... then why not a LOT of other people charged.... over testimony in a MURDER TRIAL... which is far more serious than testimony in a piddling pre-trial bond hearing?

"Fruit" Martin lied... so did Sabrina about Trayvon's voice.. and their previous evaluation of the 911 tape. MANY of the prosecution witnesses had their testimony challenged and "Impeached"... and the variations with previous statement shown clearly... that is, it was shown that they LIED. But of course no perjury charges... because that Is NOT what happens at trial... except for Shellie Zimmerman.

Also the medical examiner lied and they had enough to impeach little Ms. Dee Dee. Crump lied in his affidavit and in his testimony at the hearing. But that is okay? It makes no sense. They should all be charged just like Shellie was.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next