It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:33 pm 

How can the dean of a law school write such ignorance? I fear for the future if this is typical of those who will be in charge of running things in this nation.

http://www.law.howard.edu/1697

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:59 pm 

Oh, Chip! Wow! That was sooooo very good, and I agree with the spoiler (below) - your version should have been the one filed!

Spoiler:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:00 pm 

Hiya, Sha! Nice to cyber-see you! :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:11 pm 

Hiya, flgirl543. You're a better man than I am - I studiously avoided the nonsense from yesterday. I usually watch tv recorded on the dvr, so it's fairly simple to fast-forward through the junk. :) That t-shirt you posted yesterday, along with Rush's prediction about the slogan, "TM™LK", was more than enough for me.

However, I remain hopeful that this too will blow up in their faces. Rather than elevating TM™, they've denigrated MLK. I believe that was O'Reilly's view last night as well, but wasn't really watching so not 100% sure, iykwim. Outside of strictly racial/racist and/or partisan* venues, I'm not really hearing much about TM™ lately. It seems to me that the scheme team is desperately trying, with extra emphasis on desperately, but not getting out of the 'hood, kwim?

*No republicans or conservatives were invited yesterday, not even the former republican president, or the black republican senator from NC.

PS - O'Reilly's talking points posted in the political snippets thread.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:14 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:28 pm 

I know LondoJowo and Chip have set the bar pretty high, but if anyone else wants to give an alternate apology letter a try.... ;)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:36 pm 

LondoJowo - those who are using the excuse of "confessed liar" to disbelieve SZ didn't believe her before the plea deal.

As we have all witnessed, the Trayborg™ don't believe anything they don't want to believe, period. If it doesn't fit with the scary stories they tell themselves and each other, then they simply reject it, no matter the credentials/credibility of the witness; no matter the level of incontrovertibility of the evidence; if it doesn't support their fantasy, it either doesn't exist, or was somehow falsified. Anyone who disagrees with their worldview is racist and evil.

There is no room for doubt. There is no room for additional perspective(s). There is only the narrative, and the self-anointed deity they currently worship.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:57 pm 
ADMIN

chipbennett wrote:
As I said at CTH: I withhold any commentary until the interview itself is aired. But if Shellie later tries to claim that ABC edited the interview or quoted her out of context, she'll have nobody but herself to blame.

I agree Chip. We all now KNOW that ABC are known to mess about with editing... on items related to this very case. Shellie (and her advisers) certainly know.

And... as I read on... I see your version of an apology... of course MUCH better than Shellie's. :51

I really can not see why she submitted the one she did. UNLESS there was some coercion... surely just a few words including "sorry" would have had to be accepted? As is often the case with "apologies" basically: "I am sorry YOU took offense...."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:22 pm 
ADMIN

Shellie Zimmerman Interview GMA Good Morning America. George Zimmerman Wife Interview GMA

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:25 pm 
ADMIN

Shellie Zimmerman: I'll have to think about marriage
BY Kevin P. Connolly and Rene Stutzman, Orlando Sentinel
11:08 a.m. EDT, August 29, 2013

Shellie Zimmerman, the wife of acquitted murder suspect George Zimmerman, revealed new details about their strained relationship on Thursday — one day after taking a plea deal in her perjury case.

Shellie Zimmerman expressed uncertainty about the future of their relationship when asked if they are still together.

"I'm not going to answer that," Shellie Zimmerman said in the ABC News interview aired on Good Morning America Thursday.

"Of course I want to have children and stay married..." Shellie Zimmerman said.

"With George?" freelance journalist Christi O'Connor asks.

"That's something I'm going to have think about," Zimmerman responded.

She spoke about how she and George Zimmerman went into hiding after the February 2012 shooting death of Trayvon Martin, the unarmed teen from Miami Gardens who was visiting his father in Sanford.

...more at link
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/loc ... 5518.story

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:28 pm 
ADMIN

I did not hear much to be concerned about in that EDITED clip.

Bring on the whole interview.

I do note there are still splodey heads in the Traybot Worriers twitter sewer.... so Shellie's interview must have been ok?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:39 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:55 pm 
ADMIN

Thanks, FreeGZ... I'll expand. the link...

The Reporter Behind the Shellie Zimmerman Interview
By Jeralyn, Section Media
Posted on Thu Aug 29, 2013 at 01:58:02 PM EST

Christi O'Connor, the reporter who conducted the ABC Shellie Zimmerman interview, does not work for ABC. She is a freelance investigative journalist.

She says she is writing a book about the trial. I don't recall her reporting on the case prior to now, and with the exception of reference to her in a video clip on CNN the night on July 13, Lexis.com has no record of articles or media transcripts with her about the case.

She says her book will reveal new information that could have resulted in a different verdict. Here's what she is peddling: A story about a white Sanford police officer's alleged misconduct in tasering an African American male which she is self-publishing on her weblog. On her blog, she writes:

Is there a connection between George Zimmerman’s shooting of Trayvon Martin and a white Sanford police officer’s tazing of a black man? Does this tragedy add credence to allegations that Zimmerman’s motives for shooting Martin were racist? These are the kinds of questions I’ve been investigating since moving to Sanford to witness the trial from inside the courtroom. I’ve discovered unreported information in many areas; some of which may have led to a different verdict- -had prosecutors not missed it.
    I’m in Sanford now writing a book on what the public doesn’t know and what the jury never heard.

What does this have to do with Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin? Nothing, as far as I can tell.

...more at link

http://www.talkleft.com/story/2013/8/29 ... -Interview

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:13 pm 
ADMIN

Great post by Unicron at CTH.....

Quote:
Unicron says:
August 29, 2013 at 2:33 pm

Some have pointed out that we can’t know what is going on and has gone on between GZ and SZ. Absolutely true.

She may have 100 completely legitimate reasons to be frustrated, disappointed, angry with George. Entirely possible. I’ve already said I think his situation since last February gives an awful lot of good reason for him to have been a hard person to be around, and maybe he became somewhat of an emotional black hole and trainwreck… that could be difficult to be around for anyone, let alone a young woman like Shellie.

So I’m willing to cut her plenty of slack and empathize, believe me. If one or both of them has been ready to throw in the towel on that marriage for a while, I’m very understanding of that, particularly given what they’ve been through and given their lack of children.

But even giving Shellie every benefit of the doubt imaginable, and even assuming that any problems their marriage has had have somehow been 100% his fault, 0% hers… EVEN granting that scenario, I am still just baffled by her decision to drag even the slightest portion of that conflict out in front of the world to see.

Because even if at this point she hates his guts? She should still hate the media far more. Especially outlets like ABC. She should *at the very least* have an attitude toward the MSM of “whatever I may think of George, I’m not going to give the media the satisfaction of seeing the cracks in our foundation, or more ammunition to fire at George”

Cracks in the foundation which the MSM themselves *doubtless* created or at least made worse by how they’ve treated the Zimmerman family since last March.

More ammunition to fire at George given to the people who have relentlessly bombarded the Zimmerman family, and George in particular, for more than a year and a half – and mostly with heavy artillery shells of pure lies and race-baiting.

Again, her hatred of the MSM at this point *should* outweigh any negative feelings she may have (rightly or wrongly) built up toward GZ. She should, at the very least, identify with what GZ has been going through and understand who put him through it, enough to have a permanent posture of “I can’t stop the MSM from lying and attacking, but they darned sure won’t be getting any additional material from me to do it.”

That’s what I find so surprising and disappointing.

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... ent-542606

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:28 pm 
ADMIN

ZurichMike at CTH... and my reply....

Quote:
ZurichMike says:
August 29, 2013 at 12:51 am

Putting aside the marital dynamic of the GZ and SZ, I see the plea deal in a more faorable light in a no-win situation. In one year her record will be expunged, i.e., as if it never happened. In exchange for her plea, she also avoids the emotional, financial, and personal cost of another “show trial” (where, of course, the entire GZ case would be replayed ad nauseum as “background” to her case — and in this case GZ would have been called to the stand as a material witness) in the kangaroo court system of Florida where corrupt political hacks like Lester and Nelson are judges, where corrupt prosecutors like Corey and BDLR and Guy are employed, where corrupt, mincing, penny-loafered lawyers like MOM play career poker with their clients’ freedoms and rights. Does this make her as bad as the system she is in? No. Continuing with the card playing analogy, she is playing the hand dealt to her. And who knows? Maybe *she* insisted on the plea deal over the objections of her attorney.

Perhaps she is going to the media for the simple reason of needing money to pay legal fees. Maybe the GZ was not supportive because he thinks she should not have accepted the plea deal and instead fought to have her her day in court. My guess is that she was not allowed to leave the State of Florida (or the county perhaps) while her case was pending. Another guess is that in one year, she and GZ will leave the State of Florida and start a new life away from the cesspool of judicial filth in Florida. Whether their marriage stays intact remains to be seen. But time heals all wounds, real or imagined.

Quote:
rumpole2 says:
August 29, 2013 at 4:25 pm

I agree… about the plea deal….I may quote you at RT.

I can not be so understanding about the interview. Mind you, I can not understand the apparent “American” inclination to air personal matters in media interviews, generally.
I guess its a “Culture” thing? British stiff upper lip… eh what?

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... ent-542176

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:38 pm 
ADMIN

Great reference posted by lepanto at CTH....

Great advice for Shellie!

Godfather 1 - Never tell outside the family what you're thinking

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:46 pm 

I expect to read many different versions in all the books that will be written.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:24 pm 

Sha wrote:
Chip you have out done yourself again. :77

I agree. :Q11

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:00 pm 

liesel wrote:
Hiya, Sha! Nice to cyber-see you! :)

Hi liesel ! Good to cyber -see you to. :28

Post subject: move
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:46 pm 

I'm not concerned about her interview - no doubt they already had any info from her they wanted and didn't find it probative. Even so, can't be compelled to testify against GZ, so what have they got in the end? They can't twist something she has said into "evidence" if they can't make her say it in court, kwim?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next