It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1019 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:50 pm 
ADMIN

John_Galt wrote:
Why Nelson was pissed at West:

West disclosed to the media that Nelson conducted a hearing, closed in violation of Florida Sunshine Law, at which Nelson entertained an oral motion to sequester the jury, and who knows what else. West said that Nelson ruled that the jury would be sequestered. Nelson said that she didn't.

Note that Nelson has granted most everything else that Bernie asked for, but denied two motions to gag. Why? Because gag orders are immediately appealable and media attorneys would promptly appeal and likely get Nelson reversed.

Nelson is hypersensitive to the media and the Sunshine Law, as was Lester. Recall that Lester also wanted to keep things secret, but lamented that his hands were tied by the Sunshine Law.

Who was present in the courtroom when Nelson lashed out at West and denied ruling on an oral motion to sequester the jury at a secret hearing? A media attorney.

Sounds like a good theory to me.

I can see at times Sunshine law causes problems..... but it's about all we have got to rein these people in a little bit.

I see the media are quick to gather as a power block and argue their position through smart attorneys.

It is a shame that the media is not as animated and tenacious when it comes to actually USING the power that they have to investigate and report on the case itself.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:53 pm 
ADMIN

Court site has Minutes from hearing posted now.... but still no sign of Defence 4th Supplemental Discovery.

5/28/13 Minutes from Docket Sounding before Judge Debra Nelson

http://www.flcourts18.org/page.php?129

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 3:25 pm 
ADMIN

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 3:44 pm 
ADMIN

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 4:01 pm 

There seems to be a lot of chatter about someone in the SAO physically deleting texts from the phone. Sorry if I missed any discussion about this earlier. Is there any truth to this?

I understand that there is supposed to be some "Startling Revelation" today at 5pm via Click Orlando. I am sure it's hyping an interview with MOM but my ears are perked.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 4:12 pm 
ADMIN

There was some discussion at CTH..... starting with....

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... ent-401745

Quote:
sundance says:
May 29, 2013 at 7:55 pm

Regarding “deleted”.

If you go through the evidence discovery O’Mara presented you’ll note the stuff with the “deleted” attribution is the stuff most damaging to the narrative.

It would be natural to think that Trayvon “deleted” stuff from his phone he didn’t want mom/dad to see – such is normal teenage activity I guess. However, in these example(s) again, look, those “deleted items” are more sensitive to the narrative than risk to a teenage kid.

Trayvon would, if behaving like a traditional secretive teen, be hiding texts about getting or using weed, or maybe about other things of a similar teen secrecy.

But that does not describe what is reflected as “deleted”.

So, a possibility exists that “deletions” were made after death – to retain the narrative or hide misbehavior(s) which would contradict the narrative.

But the phone was in the custody of the police – ie. law enforcement – at all times after death.

Did the cops delete stuff? Did the State prosecutor? or did someone else.

Not beyond belief that cops or prosecutor would – but the risk to them would be quite large, and even for the most corrupt – it would be dangerous. Even crooked cops know their limits and are risk adverse.

If someone else, who? Who and how?

Return yourself to the scene of evidence storage/collection? Who could get in there? Who would have a motivation to do it, and be able to get in there? Who would have a relationship with the folks who work there, have a motivation to do it, and be able to do it?

Maybe someone who works right next door – in Juvie?

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 4:22 pm 

If this whistleblower testifies that he deleted or witnessed someone within the SAO deleting items, it's immediate Game Over for the State. That will be an instant Motion for Dismissal. I did read that at the Treehouse, but it is also popping up on news sites.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 4:24 pm 

Brandy, your a fine girl what I good wife you would be, but my heart my love and my lady, is the sea...er some lady named Alicia who raised my son when his momma Sabrina didn't want to.

I think those are the lyrics aren't they?

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 4:26 pm 
ADMIN

This post at CTH caught my eye.....

Quote:
Optimistic says:
May 30, 2013 at 2:34 pm

I think your close to it. I’ve been struggling trying to figure out the prosecution’s theory of the case, and keep getting nowhere. Every argument I come up with for supporting 2nd degree opens up a door for bringing in Trayvon’s background.
Its fairly clear to me that BDLR’s game plan is to force George to testify, and hope to cross him up there, and Judge Nelson has handed a lot of that to him already (i.e., NEN call and interviews are hearsay), but if BDLR brings in the NEN call, its all admissible, not just the portions that BDLR wants to use. BDLR gets a witness (NEN operator, etc . . .) to testify as to George having said ___, then MOM can ask if he has anything to prove that ___ isn’t correct, and cross with other portions of the NEN call (did you ask him what Trayvon was doing then?). Same with the interviews, if BDLR wants to bring them in to argue inconsistencies, the whole interviews are admissible under the whole document rule. Even if BDLR argues that George’s statements aren’t admissible for the truth of the statements (hearsay rule), the jury will have heard them. Witness 8 on cross opens up a whole bunch of other issues, so where is he going?
Further note, and where I think MOM screwed up, Nelson disallowed statements about Trayvon, but MOM didn’t file a motion in limine to exclude statements about George (unduly prejudicial, etc.)
The Court is really confused about who is the victim, and whose reputation is to be protected. If Sam tries to rape Susan, and Susan kicks him to the ground until the police arrive, you can’t bring in Susan’s background (the “she asked for it defense.”) If George had just kneed Trayvon in the groin, and held him to the ground until the police showed up, the charges would be assault against Trayvon, and info about George the victim wouldn’t be admissible. Now that Trayvon has died, the State gets to reverse the roles, ignore that the evidence shows that Trayvon was the assailant, and now info about the assailant (Trayvon) isn’t admissible, but info about the victim (George) is. The evidentiary rules that BDLR is arguing, and that Nelson is buying, are based on innocent victim, clear assailant, not self defense, where the roles get muddied and somewhat reversed.

...more at link
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... ent-402488

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 4:29 pm 
ADMIN

I just read that in passing while catching up at CTH.

I got to thinking, seriously what the State opening might include?

Although I pride myself on being able to write a short piece of BS on any topic (That is a skill needed to pass University exams)...

So far I am a bit stuck..... anybody want to try writting an outline of an opening statement for Bernie?

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 4:31 pm 

thehoff71 wrote:
If this whistleblower testifies that he deleted or witnessed someone within the SAO deleting items, it's immediate Game Over for the State. That will be an instant Motion for Dismissal. I did read that at the Treehouse, but it is also popping up on news sites.

It would take alot for a person to put there job on the line , so I think what ever he knows is going to be really Good ! :87

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 4:32 pm 

Trayvon was just getting candy and George got out of the car. The prosecution rests.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 4:35 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
I just read that in passing while catching up at CTH.

I got to thinking, seriously what the State opening might include?

Although I pride myself on being able to write a short piece of BS on any topic (That is a skill needed to pass University exams)...

So far I am a bit stuck..... anybody want to try writting an outline of an opening statement for Bernie?

I am guessing it will be something like the Courtroom Scene in Idiocracy.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 4:44 pm 
ADMIN

mung wrote:
Trayvon was just getting candy and George got out of the car. The prosecution rests.

Yes I know... a variation on the Scheme Team narrative seems likely...

But if BDLR does that then he "Opens the Door" on all the stuff about TM bad acts etc.

I could easily write a Traybot opening Statement... but not something that describes Murder2 and does not reference either or both TM and GZ character, possible motivations etc.

My 3-legged cat could write a Traybot outline :6

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:10 pm 

JB from SoCal wrote:
And we're finding that these Shmendricks are still trying to figure out checkers, right, my friend?

And a piss-poor job of it, at that...

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:28 pm 

mung wrote:
Brandy, your a fine girl what I good wife you would be, but my heart my love and my lady, is the sea...er some lady named Alicia who raised my son when his momma Sabrina didn't want to.

I think those are the lyrics aren't they?

There's a house on a gated way
And it sleeps two or three thugs a day
Lonely losers pass the time away
And text about their crimes

And there's a girl in this sweltering town
And she works lockin' young punks down
They say "Brandi, please keep the truth down"
She serves up Trayvon fables and lies

The schemers say "Brandi, you're a fine girl" (you're a fine girl)
"What a good grifter you would be" (such a fine girl)
"Yeah your lies could help steal a small fortune from the HOA"
(dooda-dit-dooda), (dit-dooda-dit-dooda-dit)

Brandi wears a braided chain
Made of finest silver from the Walmart chain
A locket that bears the name
Of the CRIP that Brandi bangs

He came on a summer's day
Bringin' lies from Miami-Dade
But he made it clear he couldn't stay
The twerkin' bar was his home

The CRIP said " Brandi, you're a fine girl" (you're a fine girl)
"But my life, my lover, my lady is the weed"

Yeah, Brandi used to hear his lies
When he told his schemer stories
She could feel the BS steam rise
She smelled it stinkin' and horry
But he had always told the lies,
Lord, he was a schemin' man
And Brandi does her best to understand

At night when the bars close juvy down
Brandi walks through a silent town
And loves a CRIP who's not around
She still can hear him say

" Brandi, you're a fine girl" (you're a fine girl)
"But my life, my lover, my lady is the weed"

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:32 pm 

thehoff71 wrote:
There seems to be a lot of chatter about someone in the SAO physically deleting texts from the phone. Sorry if I missed any discussion about this earlier. Is there any truth to this?

I understand that there is supposed to be some "Startling Revelation" today at 5pm via Click Orlando. I am sure it's hyping an interview with MOM but my ears are perked.

I think this chatter may be based on the opening lines of the report at http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/05/29/3422519/lawyer-zimmerman-prosecutor-withheld.html#.UaZe4jc4CYI.twitter.

"A court employee who retrieved photos and deleted text messages from Trayvon Martin's cellphone has been placed on administrative leave after an attorney testified that prosecutors didn't properly turn over the evidence to the defense, an attorney said Wednesday."

Now, did the employee retrieve the photos and delete the text messages, or did he retrieve the photos and the deleted text messages? There's a world of difference! This was discussed a couple of pages ago, and one or two other posters also spotted how ambiguous this phrasing was. The general consensus, however, is that the latter and less dramatic interpretation is the more likely.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:35 pm 
ADMIN

Well done... JG :)

Do you have a tune in mind... or more of a rap number.

I get it..... I even remember it now :doh

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:39 pm 

John_Galt wrote:
There's a house on a gated way
And it sleeps two or three thugs a day
Lonely losers pass the time away
And text about their crimes

And there's a girl in this sweltering town
And she works lockin' young punks down
They say "Brandi, please keep the truth down"
She serves up Trayvon fables and lies

JG, you've missed your calling. You should be writing lyrics for someone like Weird Al Jankovic. Your lyrics are a hoot! :lol

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:18 pm 

While I am having a VERY hard time seeing how BDLR meets the elements of 2nd degree without tripping up, the fight surely isn't over.
One thing that remains even more troubling is the media's refusal to look into the videotaped beating of a homeless person. Think about it, a videotaped beating is sensational, but sensational. The media loves tapes like that, especially where they can ask the public to provide tips. Why hasn't the media jumped all over this? Maybe they've FOIA'd the tape from the state, and haven't received it yet (could the state refuse to disclose it because of an "on-going investigation?"), but the longer this goes, with nothing in the media, the more it demonstrates that they're still invested in the George must be convicted narrative. Remember, as far as the public knows, the two other "actors" in the video are still out there. If the state has them, shouldn't they have disclosed their identities to the defense (witnesses having potentially exculpatory information)?
On the positive side, I think any civil action against George is probably a lost cause at this point, even though the standards are lower, the background on Trayvon would get in much easier (a counterclaim by George alleging that Trayvon's assault caused him harm, with damages to come from the estate, would get the prior activities in.)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1019 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next