It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:41 am 

Darkman wrote:
It's good for me here:

http://www.wftv.com/s/watchlive/

no problems so far. (plus I am doing bunch of other things at the same time ... -- still working good!)

Thanks! This link is working wonderfully!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:42 am 

11:40 a.m. ET: Rionda has finished has cross examination of West. O'Mara is now asking West questions. West said some of the new witnesses disclosed by the defense are people that were victims of burglaries in the neighborhood that Martin was shot.

11:36 a.m. ET: Rionda wants to know why it took the defense so long to disclose some of the witnesses they intended to call. West said it was not intentional, and discovery is on going process and fluid process.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:43 am 
ADMIN

mung wrote:
HLN is not playing any of the court audio only quick sections of it and then BSing about things then another commercial. I think I will go with CourtTV next time.

I DID warn that HLN was not the place of choice :neener

Court TV may be worse :eek

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:45 am 

Wow, look at her! Think this case is getting to Nelson?? :eek

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:45 am 

11:44 a.m. ET: O'Mara has finished his redirect examination of West, and now Rionda is asking West questions. The judge stopped the questioning because it is not relevant to the issue of whether the prosecution committed a discovery violation.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:46 am 

Nelson asks for the defense to define any prejudice caused by potential discovery violations, and what sanctions would resolve that prejudice.

I think O'Mara is going to ask for a continuance here, maybe?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:46 am 

So now that the information about the police report was talked about in court can Tony Pipitone investigate it?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:49 am 

annnnd here we go.......... with Judge Nelson excusing Prosecution's "alleged discovery violations"...........

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:51 am 

11:48 a.m. ET: Judge Nelson is asking how O'Mara how Zimmerman's defense has been hindered by the prosecution's alleged discovery violation. O'Mara said if the judge doesn't tell the prosecution to play by the rules they will not be ready for trial. Nelson said she doesn't understand what damage has been done, because every problem has been cured.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:53 am 
ADMIN

The violations are so numerous that EVERYBODY has trouble listing them all...

I think the point is BDLR has been playing games with a lot of the discovery for a year... and there are too many instances to list easily.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:54 am 

HLN during a commercial break "You are watching the GZ case and there is some important stuff that you will not want to miss, we will be right back"
?????? You are right I don't want to miss it, stop telling me about male enhancement and having your "experts" talk about worthless things and let me hear the freaking hearing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:54 am 

O'Mara can't explain this any more clearly to this obtuse judge. :wall

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:55 am 

Nelson appears to be leaning toward State discovery violations not causing a procedural prejudice against the defense.

O'Mara needs to say here that, due to the discovery violations, we will not be ready by trial date, and need a continuance.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:56 am 

11:50 a.m. ET: Judge Nelson is walking through all the prosecution's alleged discovery violations and how they have been resolved.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:57 am 

Rumpole wrote:
The violations are so numerous that EVERYBODY has trouble listing them all...

I think the point is BDLR has been playing games with a lot of the discovery for a year... and there are too many instances to list easily.

Also: Nelson instigated an impromptu Richardson hearing in response to a motion to sanction for a specific discovery violation, but then didn't seem to want to allow introduction of other discovery violations that weren't referenced in the motion to sanction for a specific violation.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:57 am 

chipbennett wrote:
Nelson appears to be leaning toward State discovery violations not causing a procedural prejudice against the defense.

O'Mara needs to say here that, due to the discovery violations, we will not be ready by trial date, and need a continuance.

He came close to saying just this when he first began responding to Nelson. Isn't she due off the bench for this kind of court soon?

This could be a reason she refuses to delay the trial further?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:00 pm 

minute updates from the proceeding (Best read from the bottom up):

11:58 a.m. ET: Rionda said he didn't tell O'Mara about the Witness 8's lie, because he forgot, and it was a mistake on his part.

11:55 a.m. ET: O'Mara said the Rionda's failure to tell the defense that there were no hospital records for Witness 8 for 4 or 5 months was unethical.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:01 pm 

"expert" on HLN just said that Nelson might not be the judge in the actual trial? First I have ever heard about that.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:02 pm 

Nelson: "The Court does make a finding that a discovery violation occurred."

(Did I hear that correctly?)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:03 pm 

chipbennett wrote:
Nelson: "The Court does make a finding that a discovery violation occurred."

(Did I hear that correctly?)

I thought it was just me?? :eek

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next