It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 8:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:21 pm 
ADMIN

You are welcome :42

I have been doing live hearing threads since the early days of Casey Anthony... It comes naturally now to listen and post my comments as I go.

I will find a good replay and post it shortly. I usually go back and listen to bits myself.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:22 pm 
ADMIN

Zimmerman - Martin - Gag Order Hearing Oct 26, 2012, with Commentary by Michael Mortimer

Published on Oct 26, 2012 by Michael Mortimer

Most of the hearing on the state's motion to put a gag order on Zimmerman's defense team from saying anything to the media.

I will provide commentary soon. Bottom line: IMO the Court will DENY Bernie's motion.

Best Part - Mark O'Mara's "Clarance Darrow-ish" presentation. Brilliant, compelling, will go into the history books as the state of media and public participation in 2012, versus Angela Corey-Nifong, who can''t stand the Internet talking smack about her.

And O'Mara started the process, saying what this really is, a Crump con, and now Julison's name came up. Yee Haw... let's get on with the slapping.

Bonus Comment: Did Crump have the good sense to stay out of the courtroom, this time? I did not see him in the gallery. If he was not there, that's the second big piece of news, seeing how he has had the time to appear in every court matter on this case.

Sidenote: George was looking good. Much better than last week. Maybe it is the camera angle? Anyway, he had great posture, nice tie, good looking suit. And he still looks angry about what Crump has done to his family.
Maybe I will re-title this video to "Where Is Crump?"

This video is NOT the complete hearing

The complete hearing is posted by the jerk who comments (From what I have heard he is a bit more circumspect this time)

stateoftheinternet channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/stateofthei ... ture=watch

George Zimmerman Hearing 10/26- Part 1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:31 pm 

Thank you Rumpole for the play by play.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:05 pm 
ADMIN

You are welcome..... :42

I do allow others to join in..... I don't bite :24

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:27 pm 
ADMIN

George Zimmerman judge: I'll decide Monday on gag order
By Rene Stutzman and Jeff Weiner, Orlando Sentinel
7:52 p.m. EDT, October 26, 2012

SANFORD – Defense attorney Mark O'Mara on Friday told a judge that George Zimmerman was arrested on a murder charge only after a pair of media-savvy lawyers "traveled the countryside" on a campaign that had a single message: "Mr. Zimmerman is a racist murderer."

He was trying to convince Circuit Judge Debra S. Nelson not to impose a gag order, something Assistant State Attorney Bernie de la Rionda urged her to do.

She will announce her decision on Monday, she said.

O'Mara pleaded with the judge to ignore the gag order request. His comments and blog posts have ratcheted down the hatred and emotion in the case, he said.

He said he is trying to counter the damage done by Tallahassee attorney Benjamin Crump and Orlando lawyer Natalie Jackson, attorneys for the family of Trayvon Martin, the unarmed black 17-year-old Zimmerman shot Feb. 26 in Sanford.

The family's attorneys hired a public relations professional and began holding news conferences and making national television appearances in March, demanding Zimmerman's arrest.

"Crump and Jackson decided they'd make it a national media case," O'Mara charged Friday. And they didn't play fair, he said. They portrayed the Sanford Police Department and the local State Attorney's office as racists and part of a conspiracy, O'Mara said.

Crump and Jackson were not in court Friday. But Jackson told the Orlando Sentinel she had never called Zimmerman a racist.

"I don't know George Zimmerman," she said, adding that she was on a campaign to bring to justice a man who had killed an unarmed teenager who had every right to be in Zimmerman's neighborhood that evening.

During Friday's hearing, O'Mara portrayed his client as a man victimized by hatred and buried by "an overwhelming tidal wave of misinformation."

That is "why today he's wearing a bullet-proof vest and living in hiding," O'Mara said.

...more at link
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/loc ... 1759.story

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:20 am 
ADMIN

Hearing over....... back on your heads :24

Continue discussion in Discussion thread 2
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=584&p=16606#p16606

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6