It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 3:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1010 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 51  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:48 am 
ADMIN

I could not find another version of the entire 26 minute video.. but I found highlights.
I have uploaded it myself to YT... so it will remain PUBLIC

Zimmerman: O'Mara presser Highlights (8-13-12)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:14 pm 
ADMIN

From todays hearing... we have an emergecy motion to be heard Monday 26th 1:30PM

The motion is linked below.

18th Circuit Court - Media Advisories

It is the goal of the Eighteenth Judicial Circuit to ensure that the media and public are accommodated to the best of the Court's abilities during special interest/high profile proceedings. Below you will find media advisories and public record documents pertaining to State v. Zimmerman (2012-CF-001083-A). Please continue to check this website for updates. Documents will be posted as they are made available for public distribution.

HIGH PROFILE CASES - State v. Zimmerman (2012-CF-001083-A)

http://www.flcourts18.org/presspublic.html

Media Advisories are updated with new releases

Updated | Case Description
10/19/12 | Emergency Motion for Protective Order
http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Rel ... 0Order.pdf

10/18/12 | State's Response for Defendant's Motion
http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Rel ... 8%2012.pdf

10/18/12 | 2nd Motion For Gag Order
http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Rel ... 0Order.pdf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:21 pm 
ADMIN

Motion: Officer reveals surprise about colleague seeking manslaughter for Zimmerman
Judge rules Zimmerman entitled to Martin’s records

Author: Tony Pipitone, Problem Solver, tpipitone@clickorlando.com
Mike DeForest, Reporter, mdeforest@clickorlando.com

SANFORD, Fla. -

The attorney for George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watchman who shot and killed Trayvon Martin, wants a judge to bar attorneys from talking with Sanford police officers about meetings held prior to the case being forwarded to the state attorney’s office.

In an emergency motion for protective order, defense attorney Mark O’Mara revealed after a Sanford police officer stated in his deposition yesterday that several officers felt there wasn't enough evidence to charge Zimmerman with manslaughter. He was eventually charged with second-degree murder after a special prosecutor was appointed by Gov. Rick Scott.

Local 6 has obtained the motion, which states that a deposition from a Sanford police officer who was surprised investigator Chris Serino sought a manslaughter charge. The deposition also states that other police officers and an assistant state attorney didn't believe that there was enough evidence to charge Zimmerman.

Also on Friday at a hearing, citing prior case law, the judge in the George Zimmerman murder case ruled that the defense was entitled to the school records of Trayvon Martin and can also subpoena his social media posts.

In a self-defense claim, the defendant is entitled to inquire about the victim's propensity for violence. As of now, the information will not be made public, Judge Debra S. Nelson said. But, if it is used in future proceedings, including any trial, it could then become public.

Zimmerman's attorney, O'Mara, said online videos exist of Martin being involved in mixed martial arts-style fights. Nelson ruled that O'Mara can subpoena Martin's Facebook and Twitter accounts.

O'Mara was also granted the ability to subpoena the social media posts of Martin's girlfriend, who was on the phone with Martin when he was shot, according to his parents' attorney. O'Mara said he believes her online postings may contradict her story.

Nelson said she would rule at a later date on O'Mara's request to obtain FBI and Florida Department of Law Enforcement reports on the investigations into Martin's death.

...more at link
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Motion ... index.html

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:45 pm 

I didn't get to see the hearing, but from what I've read it was a good, no, great day for GZ! I'll have to watch it though, sounds like a whole lot of squirming was going on...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:48 pm 
ADMIN

There is a separate hearing thread
http://randomtopics.org/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=616

There are videos of entire hearing... but uploaded by a dope who comments in background.

I will post better if I find it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:25 pm 
ADMIN

Judge Will Issue Subpoenas for Trayvon Martin's School Records and Social Media Accounts
By Jeralyn, Section Crime in the News
Posted on Fri Oct 19, 2012 at 04:36:23 PM EST

Quote:
The new judge in the George Zimmerman case agreed to issue defense subpoenas for Trayvon Martin's school records and social media account records, as well as the social media accounts of witness #8 "Dee Dee", the phone friend of Trayvon, who says she was on the phone with him just before the shooting. You can watch the Judge explain her ruling here.

As I wrote here and here, I think this is the correct ruling. A defendant raising self-defense may introduce evidence regarding a victim's reputation for a particular character trait like violence to show that the defendant was not the initial aggressor, even if the defendant did not previously know about the victim's reputation. Here's the Munoz case the Judge cites from, which quotes the Dwyer case.

The school records will not be released publicly. The judge also granted the state's request for Zimmerman's medical records, but like the school records, they will not be released publicly.

The judge is not saying the records are relevant or admissible at trial. Her ruling is in response to a discovery request, and the issue is whether the records could lead to relevant and admissible evidence.

Also, keep in mind the subpoenas for the social media accounts are unlikely to result in the content in the accounts being turned over, as opposed to merely subscriber information. There are a host of hurdles the defense will have to jump over before getting content from the accounts, even assuming Twitter and Facebook still have it.

http://www.talkleft.com/story/2012/10/19/173623/01

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:03 am 
ADMIN

Zimmerman: Scheme Team Does The Time Warp Again

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:25 am 

I freaking fell out of my chair laughing. I scared the dog at 4:30am. I don't know how you can improve on the little piece of perfection!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:50 pm 
ADMIN

But wait! There's more......

Zimmerman: Scheme Team Doin' The Monster Rap

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:59 pm 

:31 I didn't think you could top The Time Warp, but The Monster Rap is even funnier! :84

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:14 am 
ADMIN

I have just read an interesting exchange at "TalkLeft" Forum. Worth sharing here
http://forums.talkleft.com/index.php/to ... #msg103411

leftwig wrote:
Clearly GZ thought TM was up to no good. Its why he called the police. I don't see that calling the police because of a suspicious looking person acting suspiciously shows animus, or ill will towards TM. His expletives seem to me to merely be relaying the same thought that TM has acted like someone who was up to something. GZ may well have been wrong in his judgment of who TM was, but if we accept his account of the actions he observed (TM walking as if drugged, hiding his identity, looking at homes, putting his hand in his pants to simulate having a gun, trying to intimidate him, etc), I'd say its a judgment that any reasonable person would make.

I see no ill will in his words or actions while on the call with NEN, just that he pegged TM as a trouble maker.

TalkLeft wrote:
I think the state has no chance of proving second degree murder. Even if George was equating the actions of the suspicious person he saw (TM) with those who had burglarized the neighborhood and ran, and thought they were all a*sholes, the remark had nothing to do with what happened after Trayvon hit him. GZ says he shot TM as a response to TM's hitting him, not TM's running away. One has nothing to do with the other. What he thought of TM and criminals does not impact his self-defense claim.

I think this is is a silly discussion. If you have to grasp at these kinds of straws to argue the state's case, you need to reexamine the law on law on second degree murder. A crime has two elements: the act and the intent. It's the intent during the criminal act (shooting) that's relevant. (There is no premeditation alleged, that he cooked this up beforehand.)

Read the charge: The mens rea (intent) is during the act of killing:
  • IN THE COUNTY OF SEMINOLE, STATE OF FLORIDA, on February 26,2012, GEORGE ZIMMERMAN, did unlawfully and by an act imminently dangerous to another, and evincing a depraved mind regardless of human life, although without any premeditated design to effect the death of any particular individual, kill TRAYVON MARTIN, a human being under the age of eighteen, by shooting the said victim,

here's the statute
  • s.782.04 Murder
    (2) The unlawful killing of a human being, when perpetrated by any act imminently dangerous to another and evincing a depraved mind regardless of human life, although without any premeditated design to effect the death of any particular individual, is murder in the second degree

Here's my analysis of the second degree murder charge from months ago. In other posts, I've cited the case law.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:33 pm 

Maltese Mama wrote:
:31 I didn't think you could top The Time Warp, but The Monster Rap is even funnier! :84

Yes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:20 pm 
ADMIN

As always... good stuff at CTH....
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... ent-223723

Quote:
sundancecracker says:
October 22, 2012 at 8:00 pm

That video is from “it’s Michael Not Mike”. A former participant in the Treehouse conversation. He brings good points and is close to being over the Target. He is zeroing in on something we already have irrefutable proof of.

You see, there is an aspect to this which must remain undiscussed until after a very specific aspect/request of Mark O’Mara’s inquiry is completed, and the prosecution has provided the discovery required now by court order.

Once that defense request “aspect” is fulfilled we will be able to share, publicly and unequivocally, the end of the persecution. Despite our desire to shout from the rooftops and provide the final nail, prudence dictates caution. We have held this known dot connected information out of view for to present it too early would allow manipulated adjustment by those who have fabricated a “story”.

So until O’Mara gets his discovery motions fulfilled, and In the interim – we must hold back from revealing that which would totally exonerate George Zimmerman. But, suffice to say – it will end in a collapse of the case and much more.

Don West is an awesome attorney. He really is. Don West will be the reason GZ is freed. Don West is also the reason “justice will be delivered on many”. Lastly, Don West is the single person who has, and is going to, save the reputation of Mark O’Mara.

Mark O’Mara was smart to hire Don West. Don West is the bomb. The positive direction you see this case taking is completely due to his involvement. Period.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:30 pm 
ADMIN

And another one......
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... ent-223754

Quote:
sundancecracker says:
October 22, 2012 at 8:26 pm

I hope not. The martins made ONE critical mistake – They contacted Crump.

Tracy was honest with Serino on 2/28/12. Serino was honest with him also, but Serino was also carrying a “chip on his shoulder” so his conversation implied to Tracy to continue pushing the issue…. without Serino shaping Tracy it would not have advance. But it did.

Tracy filled with anxiety, and exaggerated by Serino, called his sister, who called a friend, who then called Crump. Crump saw $$$…. From that moment everything went SOUTH. Litterally.

These are professional race-based entreprenuers: Crump, Parks and Natalie Jackson. They formulated a strategy – called Julison, then told Tracy and Sybrina what to do, what to say, how to look, what approaches to take, they controlled all the strings.

Tracy and Sybrina became participants, after time they became willing participants with the promises of pots of gold and fame, with fortune. They drank a mix of Kool-Aid that Crump/Parks/Jackson/Julison created.

The specific action of Benjamin Crump on 3/18 – 3/19 – 3/20 was a dangerous risk. He was a rookie trying to pull a really big con. His mentor at the time was Sharpton who had used similar approaches in the past – But Crump ain’t Sharpton, and doesn’t posess the same level of skillset or circle of “friends”. Sharpton told him how to do it, and how it could play out, but Crump ain’t as smart as Sharpton and he made mistakes. BIG MISTAKES.

Tracy and Sybrina did not create the Lies during those 3 days, and perhaps they didn’t even know at first they were lies. But they were under the control of the team and they really had no choice. [in for a penny, in for a pound]….

Crump was counting on a specific aspect that Sharpton told him how to use. Race. Sharpton is a professional at using race to escape any punishment for falsehoods (See Tawana Brawley Case)…. But again, Crump ain’t Sharpton – He’s not as smart. And now that the unraveling begins Sharpton and crew will not associate with him because he blew it.

Crump will go down alone now. And he might take Parks and Jackson with him. Julison will cook his own goose just fine and civil action will destroy Julison for the rest of his life. Just Desserts all around.

Unfortunately Crump will take the lives of Tracy and Sybrina with him, not to mention the destroyed lives of all the collective Zimmerman’s.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:53 pm 
ADMIN

George Zimmerman defense, national media prepare to fight gag order request
Zimmerman's attorneys make 'strange' request, ask supporters to find 'objectionable' statements.

By Rene Stutzman and Jeff Weiner, Orlando Sentinel
12:10 p.m. EDT, October 23, 2012

George Zimmerman's defense team today asked supporters to point out the most objectionable things they've said and written so they can prepare for a gag order hearing Friday in Sanford.

Meanwhile, a collection of local and national media organizations — including The Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, USA Today and other outlets — filed paperwork stating there is "no basis" for the state's gag order request.

The news outlets, in a filing dated Tuesday, argue that prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda is "asking the Court to violate the media's First Amendment right to gather news and information" by silencing Zimmerman's defense.

"Incredibly, the State seeks this drastic relief without citing or coming forward with any evidence relating to — much less satisfying — the demanding standard governing the issuance of 'gag orders,'" write the media outlets' attorneys.

Today, the Zimmerman defense's website posted a new notice: It urged Zimmerman supporters "to scour the web, and strange as it may sound, send us links to the most potentially questionable statements we have made during this process.

"Again, we are confident ALL our statements are easily defendable, we just want to know what we're likely to have thrown back at us."

....more at link
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/loc ... ory?sdadsd

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:04 pm 
ADMIN

George Zimmerman Legal Defence Site.

http://gzlegalcase.com/

Includes a link to donate to the Defence Fund
http://www.gzdefensefund.com/

Zimmerman Defense Invites Public Scrutiny of Media Policy

Quote:
on 23 October 2012.

Monday morning we sent this email to a person who has offered support to the defense, and since then it has been widely circulated on the web:

All this week we'll be preparing to defend ourselves against the State's renewed motion for a Gag Order. We're confident that everything we've posted, and everything we've said publicly is proper and well within our rights, but we know that on Friday, the State is likely to find the most questionable thing Mark's said and present it to the Court. I'd like to ask if you and other supporters could help us scour the web and, strange as it may sound, send us links to the most potentially questionable statements we have made during this process. Again, we're confident ALL our statements are easily defendable, we just want to know what we're likely to have thrown back at us.

Although we originally intended for the message to be private, we feel the message is sound, and since it has been made public, we extend the invitation to anyone who has an interest to participate: send us a link to any statement the defense has made publicly about the case that you think is inappropriate.

When we set our communications policy, we knew we would be under intense public scrutiny, and we are confident the whole of our efforts will stand up to that scrutiny well.

You can submit links via the commenting below, or you can tweet a link and reference the @gzlegalcase handle.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:13 pm 
ADMIN

George Zimmerman: State Moves for Another Gag Order
Posted on Fri Oct 19, 2012 at 04:04:17 PM EST

The state moved for a gag order against the defense yesterday. The motion will be heard next week. I think the motion, which is directed at Zimmerman's lawyers, picked the wrong target. The target should be the lawyers for the family of Trayvon Martin. They are the ones who comment on the evidence, opine on guilt, and inflame passions likely to prejudice the potential jury pool.

The defense has posted pleadings it has filed in court. That's allowed, and the motion doesn't seek to prevent it. The defense is also allowed to inform the public about the course of proceedings.

....more ant link
http://www.talkleft.com/story/2012/10/19/17417/014

The States "Gag" motion:
http://media.trb.com/media/acrobat/2012 ... 083951.pdf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:04 pm 
ADMIN

George Zimmerman: The Witness 8 Interviews
Posted on Tue Oct 23, 2012 at 06:54:59 PM EST

The full version of the October 19 hearing in the George Zimmerman case is now available without commentary on You Tube
Of particular interest to me are the issues surrounding Witness 8, aka "Dee Dee", Trayvon Martin's phone friend who reportedly was speaking with Travyon in the minutes leading up to the shooting. The media has referred to her as "Dee Dee", but her true identity is protected by court order (so please don't speculate on it here, that's not the point of this post.)

When Martin family lawyer Benjamin Crump held a press conference in Ft. Lauderdale on March 20, to introduce the nation to the existence of this witness, he played a tape recording of a telephone interview he conducted with her the day before. He said the interview shows George Zimmerman's version of the events leading up to the shooting are not believable. The transcript of his press conference is here. Crump announced he would send the recording to the Justice Department.
Video (part 1)
http://www.wftv.com/videos/news/lawyer- ... ase/vGcBx/

Video (part 2.)
http://www.wftv.com/videos/news/lawyer- ... ase/vGcFM/

The state interviewed this witness on April 2, after getting her phone records. The state released recordings of both its April 2 interview and the copy of the Crump interview in discovery. While the recording of the state's interview with witness 8 on April 2 is fairly audible, the Crump interview it provided is mostly unintelligible, which the defense complained about at the hearing on Friday and in a motion.

The defense stated at the hearing that ABC News aired clips from the recording of the Crump-Dee Dee interview, which ABC reporter Matt Gutman said he obtained exclusively. Curiously, the Gutman aired clips are perfectly clear. See here, as an example.
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/neighbo ... s-15959779

Also see the Gutman clips Diwataman has assembled.
http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/trayvon ... n-15965498
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/trayvon ... e-15968634
http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/trayvon ... s-15982638
http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/george- ... n-16006988
http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/trayvon ... n-16024564
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/zimmerm ... d-16027322
http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/video/q ... e-16035381

On March 28, Matt Gutman tweeted that he is the only person with a copy of the recording. In another ABC interview, Gutman said:

Martin's father, Tracy Martin, and mother, Sybrina Fulton, listened to the call, along with ABC News, ashen-faced.

It turns out Matt Gutman says he spoke with Witness 8 several times the week of March 19. From his appearance on MSNBC's Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell on March 28 (transcript available on Lexis.com):

Quote:
O`DONNELL: Matt, quickly before you go, you talked to her. What`s your assessment of her credibility?

GUTMAN: I think she`s credible. I don`t think she has anything to hide here. We`ve been talking to her for days now. This is not the first time that I`ve heard her speak. I have no reason to believe that she`s lying.

Obviously, you know, at some point, this may or may not go to court, and she could be subpoenaed. But at the very least I think that it`s obvious since her number is in the phone record, which is how we got to her, that the police should have talked to her, at least interviewed her. But they never have.

O`DONNELL: They still haven`t?

GUTMAN: That`s one of the most surprising things about this case.

O`DONNELL: Matt, the police still haven`t talked to her?

GUTMAN: No. [Ap]parentally prosecutors plan to meet her next Monday, but that`s only because the new set of prosecutors just came in.

Why has the state not bothered to subpoena Gutman's copy of Crump's March 19 interview with Dee Dee, or Gutman's other interviews with her? Does it not want to know if her statements are consistent with what she said in her interview with the state's attorney on April 2?

The Court on Friday ordered Benjamin Crump be made a witness for the purpose of having his deposition taken about his interview with Dee Dee. It also ordered him to tell the defense within 10 days who else was present during his recorded interview with her, and to bring the phone to the deposition if he still has a copy of the recording on his phone,.

But nothing further was discussed at the hearing about the Gutman interviews of Dee Dee. Again, it's not just the recording Gutman has of the March 19 Crump interview, but his own conversations with her after that date. ....
....snip.....

On a secondary note, during the hearing argument on the defense subpoena to obtain Witness 8's twitter records, prosecutor De La Rionda told the court he had disclosed her real name to the Defense, but challenged the defense's conclusion she is a juvenile and she was the author of the tweets O'Mara is seeking. On being a juvenile, BDLR asked several times, "Has that been proven?" Was he referring to whether Witness #8 is a juvenile or whether the person whose tweets O'Mara is seeking is a juvenile? O'Mara seemed to think he was referring to Witness 8.

....more at link
http://www.talkleft.com/story/2012/10/23/195459/60

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:19 pm 
ADMIN

**Breaking** … Orlando Sentinel reporting LEO Chain of Command will testify for the DEFENSE in Zimmerman trial.
Posted on October 24, 2012 by ytz4mee

This is HUGE, and devastating to the State’s case, and further evidence that the Charges laid against George Zimmerman were politically-based, not evidence-based.
Although it is true that Law Enforcement Officers (LEO) and Investigators do not have the final authority to whether or not to lay charges, they do have significant input into the process and the final determination.

No wonder Team Skittles is now advocating a “Gag Order” needs to be in place, STAT.

....more at link
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... man-trial/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:22 pm 
ADMIN

Zimmerman's lawyers: Cops will testify for us
They usually testify on behalf of the state.
By Rene Stutzman, Orlando Sentinel
5:03 p.m. EDT, October 24, 2012

George Zimmerman's lawyers Wednesday notified prosecutors that their witness list now includes a who's who of the Sanford Police Department's chain of command at the time of Trayvon Martin's death, including the police chief, major crimes captain, sergeant and case detectives.

It is an unusual defense strategy. Police officers typically testify for the state, explaining how they gathered the evidence that that led to charges.

In this case, it suggests that Zimmerman's attorneys believe the testimony of Sanford officers will help – not hurt - their client.

The list has on it a dozen names, including former chief Bill Lee; Bob O'Connor, the major crimes captain who oversaw the investigation; Lt. Randy Smith, the former sergeant who supervised the detectives investigating the case; and lead Investigator Chris Serino.

...more at link
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/loc ... 7099.story

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1010 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 51  Next