It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 2:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1010 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 51  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:34 am 

Rumpole wrote:
Forensic evidence both supports, casts doubt on Zimmerman claims

Review of evidence finds good and bad for Trayvon Martin's accused killer

Author: Tony Pipitone WKMG-Local 6 News, Problem Solver, tpipitone@clickorlando.com
Published On: Feb 08 2013 11:11:59 PM EST Updated On: Feb 09 2013 12:13:42 AM EST

SANFORD, Fla. -Forensic evidence compiled in the killing of Trayvon Martin supports George Zimmerman's claim that Martin was leaning over him when he fired his gun, but casts doubt on Zimmerman's timeline on the night he shot and killed the unarmed teen, according to a review by a forensic expert for Local 6.

Michael Knox, a retired Jacksonville Sheriff's Office detective and crime scene investigator, published some of the findings in his book, "Intermediate Range: The Forensic Evidence in the Killing of Trayvon Martin" (available through Amazon.com here).

Knox and Local 6 calculated the exact moment Zimmerman slammed shut his door as he left his truck at 7:11:48 p.m. on Feb. 26, 2011 to follow Martin through the Retreat at Twin Lakes community.

Knox then retraced Zimmerman's footsteps, as Zimmerman described them in a reenactment for police videotaped the day after the shooting, and compared the results to a recording of Zimmerman's nonemergency call to Sanford police.

Among his conclusions:

• If Zimmerman's retelling of the event were accurate, the confrontation Zimmerman described with Martin would have occurred much sooner than it actually did;
  • Zimmerman covered more time and distance after leaving his truck that night than he revealed to police;
  • Based on the times and distances Zimmerman said he covered, Zimmerman would have still been on the phone with Sanford police when he claims he was attacked by Martin;
  • Had Martin walked directly to his destination, his father’s girlfriend's townhome, he would have made it there safely before Zimmerman ended his nonemergency call to Sanford police;
  • Martin was in fact leaning over Zimmerman when the fatal shot was fired, just as Zimmerman has maintained.

To reach that last conclusion, Knox examined both a Florida Department of Law Enforcement report on the gunshot's impact to the hooded sweatshirt Martin was wearing and the autopsy report describing the gunshot wound to the body.
...more at link
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Forens ... index.html

People are really bad eye witnesses. A truamatic event can cause you to lose time, remember things out of sequence, even remember things that did happen. I don't find it odd that the timeline isn't perfect.
Seems like this proved what GZ was saying all along, rather than hurt him... IMO, of course. :93

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:44 am 
ADMIN

Yes. The NORMAL discrepancies in any person's "eye witness" testimony are well documented, and with all the drama (and head trauma) that George went through that night... even more so.
And besides... it's not as if there is a "Prosecution" witness who has an alternative account of events. Traybots just don't seem to get that GZ is the ONLY witness of all that happened, and every other witness (even DD) have testimonies consistent with what GZ has said.
I don't know why they can't grasp the simple point that it is the STATE who have to go first and lay out the charges and a description of what they claimed happened (GZ never has to say anything if he so chooses). They can't just say what "might have happened" as posters on forums do... they actually have to present EVIDENCE as proof of what happened. They have none.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:49 am 

Rumpole wrote:

Among his conclusions:

• If Zimmerman's retelling of the event were accurate, the confrontation Zimmerman described with Martin would have occurred much sooner than it actually did;
  • Zimmerman covered more time and distance after leaving his truck that night than he revealed to police;
  • Based on the times and distances Zimmerman said he covered, Zimmerman would have still been on the phone with Sanford police when he claims he was attacked by Martin;
  • Had Martin walked directly to his destination, his father’s girlfriend's townhome, he would have made it there safely before Zimmerman ended his nonemergency call to Sanford police;
  • Martin was in fact leaning over Zimmerman when the fatal shot was fired, just as Zimmerman has maintained.

I think Zimmerman was remarkably accurate with his timeline, given the stress and circumstances. But at the end of the day, the speculation covers a time period of less than two minutes (accounting for the time elapsed between the start of the physical altercation and the first 911 call).

Now, let's see the Zimmerman ping logs, and location map. Compare those to his testimony (and speculation such as the above), and *then* we'll talk about any potential issues.

(And it goes without saying that we also need to see Martin ping logs and location map.)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:46 pm 

It never gets old reading how every analysis and every doc dump just serves to confirm what GZ has said. WHY oh, WHY is this sham of a case even continuing??? :45

Thanks for all the info, everyone! :42

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:50 pm 

In Law Classes, they "stage" a robbery in the classrooms. The law students learn how inaccurate eye witnesses can be.
They all saw the same thing, but such different descriptions, stories, "facts".
Good lesson I think.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:10 pm 

:31 Desperation is setting in:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellejay
http://184.172.211.159/~gzdocs/docum...ns_fultons.pdf

on 08 February 2013.
The defense has filed the following MOTION FOR SUBPOENAS DUCES TECUM TO STATE WITNESSES, TRACY MARTIN, SYBRINA FULTON, JAHVARIUS FULTON, AND STEPHEN MARTIN with the Court:

--the defense wants any and all audio recordings of trayvon's voice that has been captured in a 3 year period (2010, 2011, 2012) from any/and/or all of them.

Originally Posted by princss6
Can JAHVARIS fight it because they spelled his name wrong...something Jr also did in his so-called condolence letter to the family!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:03 pm 
ADMIN

They should fight it over Jahvaris's name :31

What the heck IS his name? He was decreed by Scheme Team to be a "Martin".... part of the made up happy Martin family.

Who knows WHAT his last name is? Who is his father? Come on Birthers... where is the birth certificate ... who is the father?

This Jahvaris issue is BIG!!! :31

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:44 pm 

Chip, I have taken the liberty (again) of copying your excellent CTH post here....

Chip Bennett says:
February 9, 2013 at 4:17 pm

The negative issue of the “timeline” differential and GZ’s account is a peek into where the prosecution thinks it has a case.

Probably true, but easily verified one way or the other. The State has Zimmerman’s ping logs, and can quite easily determine where exactly he was, and when. Given that such information is either potentially inculpatory or outright exculpatory, and given that the State would never in a million years play fast-and-loose with Brady or Rule 3.220 discovery disclosure, I’m sure that the defense has this same information, as well.

If it shows that Zimmerman never made any move toward Brandi Green’s home, Zimmerman’s account stands on its own. Period. End of story.

But even if it shows that Zimmerman did go in that direction, it still doesn’t even come close to disproving his claim of self-defense. Merely following someone is not a crime, and does not deprive someone of availing himself of the statutory right to use lethal force in self-defense.

Here’s the biggest problem for the state, though: the timeline simply doesn’t support the narrative that Zimmerman followed/pursued Zimmerman anywhere. Zimmerman lost visual contact of Martin before Zimmerman ever got out of his vehicle. Zimmerman never reacquired visual contact with Martin during the NEN call (“I don’t know where this kid is…”).

Yet, only 2 1/2 minutes after the NEN call ended, the first 911 call came in. Let’s assume that it took one minute for the physical altercation to escalate to the point that the witnesses noticed it, became concerned enough about it to call 911, and to make that call. That means that, whatever Zimmerman did and wherever he went, it happened in a span of 90 seconds.

Let’s take Dee Dee at her word for a moment, and assume that Martin had reached the vicinity of Brandi Green’s home. Brandi Green’s back door is 380 feet south of the sidewalk “T”. Zimmerman would have had to run directly to that location, and then run directly back to the vicinity of the sidewalk “T”, in order for the altercation to take place in the vicinity of the sidewalk “T” in the allotted time. It is simply implausible for Zimmerman to have pursued Martin to Brandi Green’s home and back to the sidewalk “T”.

Nevertheless, the ping logs, GPS data, and location maps will set the boundaries for plausible scenarios regarding where Zimmerman and Martin were, and when.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:39 pm 

I'm surprised nobody has raised the issue that George was frightened (trembling voice pleading for officers assistance) when Trayvon placed his hand inside his pants waistband while circling George's vehicle. My interpretation of Trayvon circling George is that Trayvon was attempting to threaten & intimidate George. I definitely would've perceived Trayvon's behavior as threatening. Off topic but relevant to George's time discrepency. I was an adventure/adrenaline junkie until I started a family. I enjoyed danger due to the physiological effects which adrenaline provided & one of those effects was that time appeared to unfold in slow motion... I've no idea the state of George's mind but if he was scared prior to exiting his vehicle, he may have been terrified walking in the dark expecting that Trayvon had run for the rear gate but not really knowing where Trayvon was located. George may have been under a similar adrenaline effect, causing the perception of time drifting by in slow motion. George was honest regarding his statements & reenactment, a time discrepency wouldn't benefit George in any way. Therefore: I'm inclined to seriously consider that George was unknowingly affected in a way that impaired his interpretation of time's passage.

edit Rumpole
I am brightening the place up with avatars, other than default cat silhouette
Feel free to change or PM me for assistance

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:50 pm 

70scarrestoguy wrote:
Therefore: I'm inclined to seriously consider that George was unknowingly affected in a way that impaired his interpretation of time's passage.

With which anyone observing objectively will concur: such stressful situations cause distortion of perception. That Zimmerman was able to recount times and events as accurately as he did is incredibly remarkable.

Also: remember that we're talking about a time period of approximately 90 seconds (at most) from end of the NEN call to the beginning of the physical altercation. It is doubtful that Zimmerman could aid his situation by lying, or that his described reenactment materially benefits his testimony if it contradicts the actual timeline. So, not only are any potential discrepancies completely immaterial (that is, they don't impact the actual events in any way whatsoever), but even if they *were* material discrepancies, Zimmerman's reenactment doesn't materially benefit him. If someone is going to lie, they're going to do so in a way that confers some benefit. So, it doesn't make any logical sense for Zimmerman to have been lying.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:14 am 

George's main flashlight was dead. He had a single cell LED keychain light to light up his path. I'm pretty sure he suddenly went on a manhunt and found Trayvon and chased him back to the "T" before assaulting him with no physical marks. ;)

edit Rumpole
I am brightening the place up with avatars, other than default cat silhouette

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:11 am 

Rumpole wrote:
They should fight it over Jahvaris's name :31

What the heck IS his name? He was decreed by Scheme Team to be a "Martin".... part of the made up happy Martin family.

Who knows WHAT his last name is? Who is his father? Come on Birthers... where is the birth certificate ... who is the father?

This Jahvaris issue is BIG!!! :31

http://www.bet.com/video/newsbriefs/bet ... ks-s9.html

I would say he is a half brother with a different baby daddy, since most places list him as a Fulton.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:58 pm 
ADMIN

Daily Daft Posts From Justarse Quest

“Wilful Ignorance” to the max!

From the site owner/madam:

Bakerprune64:
    Has anything that GZ claims to have happened been verified by anyone?

I guess the dogs bark at the sound of the Madam’s voice.

Where would you start if you did want to have a serious discussion with these people?

Can none of them see the irony in what their leader says?

Please stick broadly to GZ case in this thread.

To discuss JQ, go to
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=63&p=21588#p21586

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:00 pm 

Yes, setting aside the irony of absolutely nothing alleged or asserted by the State has been verified by any evidence or eyewitness testimony:

- Zimmerman claims that he lost sight of Martin (while still in his vehicle) (Dee Dee testimony corroborates that Martin “lost” Zimmerman)
– Zimmerman claims that Martin verbally accosted Zimmerman (Dee Dee testimony corroborates that Martin verbally accosted Zimmerman)
- Zimmerman claims that Martin sucker-punched him (EMT treatment and medical diagnosis corroborates broken nose)
– Zimmerman claims that Martin got on top of him, repeatedly knocked him to the ground when he tried to get up, and punched him in the head and face (eye-witness testimony of the altercation and police/EMT testimony corroborate the nature of the altercation, and injuries Zimmerman suffered at Martin’s hands)
- Zimmerman claims that he cried for help (911 recordings verify that Zimmerman was screaming for help, for at least 40 seconds)

And the part that we haven’t seen, and may not ever see (though there’s no reason we shouldn’t): the ping logs and GPS data will conclusively demonstrate where Zimmerman and Martin went, and where. If those data show that Zimmerman never left the vicinity of the sidewalk “T”, the JQ types will just find other ways to justify it away. If those data show that Martin either returned to Greens’ home and then circled back, or else never left the vicinity of the sidewalk “T”, they’ll just find some way to justify that away, too.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:01 pm 
ADMIN

Thanks Chip… clear specific points as always.

Viewing the Gestalt… the overall picture of this case…

EVERYTHING that George claims is verified by evidence and witness testimony.. where such evidence and testimony exists… EVERYTHING.

NOTHING claimed by the Scheme Team and now extended and exaggerated by Traybots is supported by evidence/testimony NOTHING.

Occam’s Razor:
    1. George is telling the TRUTH
    2. The Scheme Team Narrative is FALSE
    3. Traybots have bought into a lie. They are now delusional.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:18 pm 

LoveMyGirl wrote:
George's main flashlight was dead. He ha a single cell LED keychain light to light up his path. I'm pretty sure he suddenly went on a manhunt and found Trayvon and chased him back to the "T" before assaulting him with no physical marks. ;)

edit Rumpole
I am brightening the place up with avatars, other than default cat silloette

Glad you're here, LoveMyGirl - I've been wanting to say "thank you" after I read at CTH that you had caused NatJack to protect her Twitter account. The less her garbage is spewed, the better! :52

Rumpole - loving the new avatars! :85

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:18 pm 

The Good, The Bad & The Fugly

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:22 pm 

chipbennett wrote:

Yes, setting aside the irony of absolutely nothing alleged or asserted by the State has been verified by any evidence or eyewitness testimony:

- Zimmerman claims that he lost sight of Martin (while still in his vehicle) (Dee Dee testimony corroborates that Martin “lost” Zimmerman)
– Zimmerman claims that Martin verbally accosted Zimmerman (Dee Dee testimony corroborates that Martin verbally accosted Zimmerman)
- Zimmerman claims that Martin sucker-punched him (EMT treatment and medical diagnosis corroborates broken nose)
– Zimmerman claims that Martin got on top of him, repeatedly knocked him to the ground when he tried to get up, and punched him in the head and face (eye-witness testimony of the altercation and police/EMT testimony corroborate the nature of the altercation, and injuries Zimmerman suffered at Martin’s hands)
- Zimmerman claims that he cried for help (911 recordings verify that Zimmerman was screaming for help, for at least 40 seconds)

And the part that we haven’t seen, and may not ever see (though there’s no reason we shouldn’t): the ping logs and GPS data will conclusively demonstrate where Zimmerman and Martin went, and where. If those data show that Zimmerman never left the vicinity of the sidewalk “T”, the JQ types will just find other ways to justify it away. If those data show that Martin either returned to Greens’ home and then circled back, or else never left the vicinity of the sidewalk “T”, they’ll just find some way to justify that away, too.

This is what I like to read because as entertaining as it is to speculate on all of the other things, the fact remains that both of these two guys had a right to be where they were.

IMO, the crime begins and ends in the area of the "T" intersection.

I get all wrapped up looking at videos. The east pool cam has been a fascination for me. The 7-Eleven video...not so much. I don't really care what Martin was doing an hour before his death. Could he know those three guys? Maybe, maybe not. We used to ask strangers to buy us beer or ciggies all the time when we were underage. Sometimes it worked. Sometimes it didn't. Honestly, I think the money could be spent elsewhere.

That photo button needs to be tested for gunshot residue. It was close enough to the bullet entry on that hoodie where there should be something on it. If there is nothing, it firms up that the button was in the pocket. If it was in the pocket, it is a sign of Martin's INTENT and helps to cement that he returned to that "T" for purposes that were not "saintly."

Same with the ear buds. If they were in his pocket, that is another sign of INTENT. They have photos of Martin's body taken at the scene. The ear buds, if they were alongside him, should be in one (if not more) of those pictures. If they came out when the AZ can was removed, then they were in his pocket and that needs to be proven. If not, then they should have had an object marker assigned.

They have time to account for Zimmerman's movements after he left the truck. But more importantly, they have to find out why it is that roughly 4 minutes after Martin was out of sight he was back at the "T" and in a one-sided fight (we call that assault where I come from) that eventually cost him his life.

They need to get a full tox run. Hair samples were taken from the head and the pubic sections. The pot that was in his system wasn't recent. It can never be proven when exactly he was toking up. My best guess is Sunday morning after he went with Stephen to get Black and Milds. Who knows. Hair would tell how chronic his use was.

The focus should be on Self-Defense. They need to show that Martin came back to that intersection for nefarious purposes. They need to pay for an expert to interpret those cell pings/maps, etc.

They are trying to defend him on a shoe string budget. Spend the money where it is most needed.

All of this other stuff is great background for libel/slander lawsuits regarding character of Martin and the "racial bias" directed at Zimmerman. Let Beasley handle the costs for this. I don't expect that Beasley is willing to throw $$$ in for his defense. Deep pockets or not. If they were going to do that, they already would have done so.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:40 pm 
ADMIN

Trayvon should have kept his hands in his pockets.

Then none of this would have happened.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:20 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
Trayvon should have kept his hands in his pockets.

Then none of this would have happened.

This would make the perfect sig line for over at JQ! They'd go nuts!

Ditto to your Occam's Razor above. It's just THAT simple. End of story.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1010 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 51  Next