It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1010 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 51  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:35 pm 
ADMIN

Discussion on The Voice Stress Test has been interesting... I'll copy it here....

ottawa925 says:
January 28, 2013 at 2:27 am

Here’s something we haven’t discussed too much. The lie detector test(s) GZ took. How much weight will they have? He passed … right?

rumpole2 says:
January 28, 2013 at 2:38 am

Glad you mentioned it.
I realise it is NOT admissible in court, but LE do not waste hours of their time doing such a test for nothing. Done properly it does give a valuable indication. The results would NOT always be conclusive.. but in George’s case they were.

I have archived the video and test description:
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=195&start=20#p8237

(The longer version of the entire session (over an hour), IMO shows the test to have been carried out correctly)

The Test

Three types of questions:

1. Irrelevant questions – No stress, benign questions (eg is your name George)
    2. Control Questions – to see result when you do lie – George TOLD to lie (Color of wall and Speeding)
    3. Relevant questions – Did you confront the guy, were you in fear for your life)

Results

1.”Is your name George?”…….Yes

2. “Is the color of this other wall green?”……No
    (Control question George told to lie)

3. “Is today Monday”….Yes

4. “Did you confront the guy you shot?”….No
    (Relevant question)

5. “Is this the month of February?”….Yes

6. “Were you in fear for your life when you shot the guy?”….Yes
    (Relevant Question)

7. “Are we in the city of Sanford?”…….Yes

8. “Have you ever driven over the posted speed limit?”…….No
    (Control question… George told to lie)

9. “Am I wearing a watch?”…..No

ottawa925 says:
January 28, 2013 at 2:43 am

Excellent. Now I wonder if Serino took this into consideration when he wrote up that bogus charge.

rumpole2 says:
January 28, 2013 at 3:06 am

He was aware of it obviously.
This test result is a great example of Traybots selective perception and denial of evidence that does not agree with their preconceptions.
Imagine, though if the result had been “inconclusive” or… heaven forbid.. indicated George was lying!!!!
The traybots would now be singing the tests praises and stomping their little feet about it not being admissible.
You know…. in EVERY case I have followed, the dopes posting now in The Trayvon Zone have screamed their tits off … DEMANDING perps and witnesses be FORCED to take a lie detector test….. apparently because they believe that will be conclusive PROOF…. seems not so much for George???? lol :D

canadacan says:
January 28, 2013 at 7:59 am

Did you ever see the test of the psychiatrist in the movie The Dirty Dozen Give Charles Bronson

rumpole2 says:
January 28, 2013 at 1:11 pm

I must have seen it…. but it would have been when movie first came out (after 1967)
Due to “old timers disease” I don’t remember. :D
Got a link to a clip anywhere?

jello333 says:
January 28, 2013 at 3:07 am

Serino knows the truth. I’m not sure what his deal is.

justfactsplz says:
January 28, 2013 at 11:46 am

He caved to pressure from the black officers.

Lou says:
January 28, 2013 at 4:59 am

Serino has a complex. Serino seems like he wanted to intimidate Zimmerman. not sure if he has a lack of self esteem or what his deal is. he has issues.

Lou says:
January 28, 2013 at 5:00 am

seemed, sorry

hooson1st says:
January 28, 2013 at 8:25 am

A good detective will assume nothing in conducting the investigation, even if he/she has a hunch concerning the issue. Which means grilling GZ as he would anyone else.

jello333 says:
January 28, 2013 at 3:10 am

Some of the JQers were hilarious in their reaction to one part of this. They were going on about how George lied about speeding. “Oh my god! He claims he’s never driven over the speed limit! And he lies right there to the investigator, with a straight face!”

rumpole2 says:
January 28, 2013 at 3:21 am

Yes I remember that. No wonder I see them as a huge source of amusement at times.
Scary to think of them being part of a jury pool though… and they are allowed to vote as well!!!! Heaven help us!

Lou says:
January 28, 2013 at 5:01 am

thanks Rumpole. very informative

youwantthattoo says:
January 28, 2013 at 8:14 am

To me it is more telling that he was willing to TAKE the test than the results.

rumpole2 says:
January 28, 2013 at 1:17 pm

Excellent point.
I have noted that myself in the past. I think George’s attitude generally, and his willingness to cooperate generally is significant. And, as you point out.. to undergo the Lie detector test especially so. There are many instances of people fighting tooth and nail to avoid such a test… with a variety of excuses… but not so with George.
In hindsight it was perhaps foolish of George to be so open without a lawyer to advise.. but since it is done, I think his attitude and cooperation should be stressed as an indication of his innocence.

ftsk420 says:
January 28, 2013 at 1:23 pm

I agree.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:30 am 

I have been on the other side of the desk and facing detectives. They will tell you anything to make you believe you are their friend and confidant. They will throw questions at you that are designed to confuse you and make you think they must be right. Given that Zimmerman has gotten beat up, there are bound to be gaps in things he remembers or the order they are in. Having a detective across the table filling in those blanks with sometimes less than truthful statements will make you rethink everything.

If they want to know why GZ has some misstatements, read the interview. You can see Serino showing concern about his state of mind after the shooting. You can see him outright lying about a video of the altercation to which Zimmerman was thankful.

Zimmerman is a classic example of someone who totally believes he is innocent and doing every thing he can to help the very people he should be considering adversarial. He didn't want to be one of them. He wanted to help them clear his name. There is not one thing that he declined. He agreed to everything they asked of him.

No wonder he was so wary of the system by the time his first bail hearing came about. He was getting screwed by people he trusted. And for those who thought he might be a risk for flight...he had plenty of time to get out of the country. He had about 40k before his arrest. Why didn't he leave? Because the evidence shows that he has a claim of self-defense.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:55 am 

Interesting about GZ being so open and to a fault because rather than helping him a lot of it hindered him. Which is a shame. People are not used to raw honesty I guess. And that is of course that it is all honesty and time will tell I hope. Although I wonder if he can get a fair trial at all with all the preconceived ideas about who he is and how all of this came down. Another person who comes to mind is David Westerfield who was convicted of the murder of little Danielle Van Dam out in CA. He spoke openly and freely too.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:20 am 

packy wrote:
Interesting about GZ being so open and to a fault because rather than helping him a lot of it hindered him. Which is a shame. People are not used to raw honesty I guess. And that is of course that it is all honesty and time will tell I hope. Although I wonder if he can get a fair trial at all with all the preconceived ideas about who he is and how all of this came down. Another person who comes to mind is David Westerfield who was convicted of the murder of little Danielle Van Dam out in CA. He spoke openly and freely too.

Westerfield was convicted because of the evidence against him. The comforter and his clothes. The dog hair. That he was at the beach/desert/wherever in his RV. His lawyers threw as much crap at the wall as they could hoping some of it would stick. It didn't.

I don't believe he was unfairly convicted. I believe he was a child predator. While he was sentenced to death, it isn't going to happen in CA.

Just IMO.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:06 pm 

Morning, all!

After a bit of an absence, I am back and I can immediately see why I had to step away:

The Pavlov Pound Head Beyotch this morning (love that title, Rumpole!) - she must be petrified if she copied this post by Lou about Kit Durant from the CTH site and sent it to the BGI (Crump and Jack):

BigBoi BigBoithedog
NatJackEsq attorneycrump Just an FYI, more nutterville madness and lying as usual.

Sayers says:
January 29, 2013 at 7:07 am
Are you saying that Kit Durrant’s mother talked with you about Trayvon Martin?

Lou says:
January 29, 2013 at 7:43 am
the problem is I don’t want to get personally involved with this, but yes she did speak with people about Trayvon, and said he was disrespectful and used a lot of profanity. she said that she kicked him out of her apt. the only way to clarify what I know is for the media or someone that wants to expose the lies in this case is to interview Kit. of course, Sybrina doesn’t want this. I can guarantee it’s true, but the only way for it to be 100% accurate is to interview Kit in prison.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:10 pm 

DiwataMan has made some interesting things about the CCTV at the Retreat. LOL. Well, they are interesting to me. I started a thread there but it is all his work. The title to the thread is subject to change.

http://forums.talkleft.com/index.php/topic,2293.0.html

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:15 pm 

DebFrmHell wrote:
DiwataMan has made some interesting things about the CCTV at the Retreat. LOL. Well, they are interesting to me. I started a thread there but it is all his work. The title to the thread is subject to change.

Thanks for posting the link, Deb.....off to read.....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:17 pm 

packy wrote:

This case has sadly and clearly shown that NO ONE should speak to the police AT ALL or unless their lawyer is present. Thanks, BGI!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:13 pm 
ADMIN

George is such an open and honest guy.

I can imagine him thinking the police just had to go through the process and get all the details sorted out.. and he (George) just wanted to help in anyway he could. In that situation an honest person would naturally answer police questions... but shame George did not stop early on.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:30 pm 
ADMIN

DebFrmHell wrote:

I had a quick look... I'm impressed, Deb. With your effort to start the thread and bring the stuff together.

I need to read and think about it before I jump in on it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:14 pm 
ADMIN

George Zimmerman attorney responds to security firm's lawsuit

Mark O'Mara denies most allegations. AIS says Zimmermans and O'Mara failed to pay $27K.

By Jeff Weiner, Orlando Sentinel
11:13 a.m. EST, January 29, 2013

George Zimmerman's attorney Mark O'Mara this week filed an answer to the lawsuit filed by a security company that provided protection for the high-profile murder defendant and says he has failed to pay his bills.

Associated Investigative Services filed suit in December, alleging that O'Mara and the Zimmermans' hired the company to "provide security services and security detail," but failed to pay about $27,000 owed.

The lawsuit names O'Mara, George Zimmerman and his wife, Shellie. In his answer, O'Mara denies the large majority of the facts stated in the lawsuit.

He does, however, admit several allegations:

• That he told AIS in August that "both George and the trustee [overseeing his defense fund] are clamping down" because "we have some very large expenses for the case coming up."

O'Mara also said "George does not have any funds presently available to him to attend to any such debt, realizing the enormity of upcoming expenses of the defense and the diminished nature of the defense fund."

• That AIS was "unable to obtain either a signed written retainer" with O'Mara, or the "outstanding balance on the services rendered."

• That no payments have been made to AIS by O'Mara since August.

....more at link
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/loc ... 6943.story

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:41 pm 

DebFrmHell wrote:

Westerfield was convicted because of the evidence against him. The comforter and his clothes. The dog hair. That he was at the beach/desert/wherever in his RV. His lawyers threw as much crap at the wall as they could hoping some of it would stick. It didn't.

I don't believe he was unfairly convicted. I believe he was a child predator. While he was sentenced to death, it isn't going to happen in CA.

Just IMO.

I hear you, Deb, I was just referring to the fact that he opened his mouth too much as GZ has done.

Thanks for the link about CCTV.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:21 pm 
ADMIN

Ejarra at CTH just posted an interesting tweet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:28 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
George is such an open and honest guy.

I can imagine him thinking the police just had to go through the process and get all the details sorted out.. and he (George) just wanted to help in anyway he could. In that situation an honest person would naturally answer police questions... but shame George did not stop early on.

Follow the Massad Ayoob 5-Point Plan:

1. Say, "Officer, this person attacked me"
2. Say, "I will sign the complaint"
3. Say, "here is the evidence" (casings, etc.)
4. Say, "there are the witnesses"
5. Say, "you will have my full cooperation within 24 hours after I consult my attorney"

Then say no more.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:51 pm 
ADMIN

Thanks, Chip

Massad Ayoob always worth listening to. That sounds like GREAT advice to me.

(Not likely to crop up in No Gun NZ)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:21 am 

chipbennett wrote:

Follow the Massad Ayoob 5-Point Plan:

1. Say, "Officer, this person attacked me"
2. Say, "I will sign the complaint"
3. Say, "here is the evidence" (casings, etc.)
4. Say, "there are the witnesses"
5. Say, "you will have my full cooperation within 24 hours after I consult my attorney"

Then say no more.

Too bad that "honesty is the best policy" has been trashed. Another sad sign of our times. I never thought I would think this way, but this case has now shown that there is nothing to be gained, only worsened, if you are honest, open up and talk to LE without representation.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:48 am 

rumpole2 says: @ CTH January 29, 2013 at 10:26 pm
Of course it’s “punks” clear as day.

Rumpole: The racial epithet "coons" was edited in (allegedly) by The Young Turks. See:

Watch from 5:33; Cenk states that they isolated & enhanced the racial epithet on their current show. Note that @5:50 cenk stated that he mumbles under his breath, Zimmerman, "fu--in coons" okay etc etc. I remember discussing with Jello333 that TYT had (allegedly) maliciously defamed George's character & good name in an attempt to make him the most hated man in the USA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:05 am 
ADMIN

Thanks SRG I saw the discussion at CTH

It is yet another one of these blown up issues where I shake my head. It is NOT an issue at all.

Its not GOONS either, as discussed on the video you linked..... that is sort of another example of appeasement... people (on GZ side) concede to Traybots it might have been goons.... to me it is not goons, or coons, it is punks.... clear as day.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:52 am 

I never stated that George said the phrase "fu--in goons". When I listen to the original NEN audio recording http://www.wagist.com/2012/dan-linehan/ ... -producers that was removed from the SPD website per order of Coreypotamus, I hear George say @ 7:11:55;16 "it's fu--in cold". Then the NEN operator (Sean) asks George @ 7:11:56;55 "are you following him". That's the way I hear it, you could probably ask 12 jurors (as required by 48 States) what they hear & you'd very likely hear 12 differing responses. Anyway: My money is on OMara/Beasley naming as the next civil lawsuit defendant, the corporation which airs The Young Turks & especially Cenk. Go easy on the co host Anna, she has a nice rack!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:15 am 
ADMIN

Daily Daft Posts From Justarse Quest

You can’t fix stupid.

No matter what the facts are…. Zimmerman is guilty.

Why? Because that is the lynch mob position and pesky facts will never change that.

They would prefer that these facts stayed hidden… They are not “Questing for Justice", their Quest is for a “Lynchin"

As facts come to light, the cretins see it as unfair that people are allowed to use them, and if they come out anyway… so what… Zimmerman is guilty so lets firstly deny, then downplay, then simply press on regardless of any silly old evidence stuff.

DataVenia wrote:
Even if George had a broken nose -- and I don't think that too likely given what we currently know -- and even if Trayvon did start the physical altercation by punching George after a verbal exchange between the two, it doesn't automatically mean George isn't guilty of Murder 2 or manslaughter, as Baghdad Bob, in his naivete and lack of legal knowledge seems to think. One cannot look at only the physical altercation to determine guilt or innocence here. There are events that directly led to that altercation, and those events will make all the difference in this case.

Please stick broadly to GZ case in this thread.

To discuss JQ, go to
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=63&p=20743#p20743

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1010 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 51  Next