It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1010 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 51  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:28 pm 
ADMIN

IANAL :24

But I am hot mustard on common sense.

In legal matters changes made and applied retrospectively are simply wrong.

I know it happens to cover political shenanigans.. but when leveled at a single individual citizen (Shellie) it is IMO morally reprehensible.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:38 pm 

IANAL, but I think that Alva is going to rule that Corey has jurisdiction. "All matters pertaining to" would include the peripheral case of Shellie Zimmerman.

Just IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:51 pm 

DebFrmHell wrote:
IANAL, but I think that Alva is going to rule that Corey has jurisdiction. "All matters pertaining to" would include the peripheral case of Shellie Zimmerman.

Just IMO.

H/T John Galt at CTH: Harvey v. Rundle seems to disagree with the "pertaining to" argument.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:39 pm 

chipbennett wrote:
DebFrmHell wrote:

Just IMO.

H/T John Galt at CTH: Harvey v. Rundle seems to disagree with the "pertaining to" argument.

I read that and he makes a good argument for it. Like I said...I am sooooo not a lawyer. I hope I am wrong.

MJW has an interesting take on it at TL
http://forums.talkleft.com/index.php/to ... 8.html#new

I kind of thought to myself... :94 I should have noticed that...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:31 am 
ADMIN

Daily Daft Posts From Justarse Quest

Common or garden wilful ignorance,

“Trayvon had every right to punch, kick, etc. to get rid of the menacing figure “

“Trayvon had no reason to get in a fight, he was on the phone to his girlfriend”

Take your pick…. any old opinion will do, just so long as Zimmerman is Lynched.

Angie wrote:
Jr. should realise that it was GZ that started the altercation by getting out of his car and pursuing after Trayvon when he was advised not to, therefore GZ started the fight. It's not as if Trayvon drug GZ out of the car and started pounding on him, GZ had every opportunity to avoid a confrontation with Trayvon. He was not LE, and should of called it in with his crazy suspicions, and then left well enough alone.
Trayvon had every right to punch, kick, etc. to get rid of the menacing figure that wrongly profiled him that evening, trying to do Trayvon harm. And as it turned out GZ just didn't then have the right to shoot Trayvon killing him, as is what ensued.
It's so simple and i don't understand why these people just don't get it. GZ was the aggressor right from the start, and Trayvon had every right to protect his life against that aggressor that was carrying a concealed weapon, when all Trayvon had to defend himself with was a bag of skittles, a can of tea, and his fists.

Aggie wrote:
The Zimmerman's will not face the truth because they want to turn a blind eye to the fact that one of theirs murdered a teenager in cold blood. They want to turn a blind eye just like some of the members of the SPD did to this horrific crime, when they wanted it all to just go away, and tried to pretend that the black kid deserved it, because why? Because Trayvon was a black child? and they saw him as being inferior, i'll bet that's why, with some of that Departments racism in their veins. I hope everyone that tried to cover this crime is investigated and held accountable and punished.

Angie wrote:
Exactly, and GZ started the fight, that is so obvious even a 5th. grader could work it out, LOL.
Trayvon had no reason to get in a fight, he was on the phone to his girlfriend, minding his business, and GZ had fed up can't let another one get away issues, again very obvious who was feeling aggressive that night. What a shame he wasn't drug & alcohol tested, seeing as he shot someone who was unarmed to death.

Please stick broadly to GZ case in this thread.

To discuss JQ, go to
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=63&p=20178#p20178

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:01 am 
ADMIN

Jose Baez answers your questions, talks Zimmerman case
Last Updated: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 5:01 PM

ORLANDO -- Former Casey Anthony defense attorney Jose Baez is joining forces to form a powerful law firm.

Baez is merging his Kissimmee-based firm with The Trial Professionals, the Orlando law firm of Piercy Stakelum. Baez already represents clients from Florida and across the country, but he said he's excited about the merger and continuing to serve the Central Florida community.

One of Baez's current clients is former Sanford police Officer Chris Serino, who investigated the shooting death of Trayvon Martin in the days following the confrontation with George Zimmerman in February 2012.

"These cases can be somewhat volatile, and because of the spotlight and the glaring eye that burns, some people just want a little extra protection," said Baez.

Serino was on the case when the political pressure and racially charged accusations were at their highest in Sanford and worldwide. Baez said he does not plan on letting fingers remain pointed at Serino for any potential missteps.

"That's not going to happen on my watch," said Baez. "So, whether that happens or not -- they can try -- but I don't think they are going to succeed. Chris Serino is an excellent police officer. He was police officer of the year in 2006, has a stellar record, and the work that he did on the case was exemplary."

But Baez also said the case against Zimmerman isn't quite the same as the Casey Anthony trial.

"I don't think it's going to get the same type of attention," he said. "It will still get national attention, and it will still be followed, but I just think what drew people more to Casey Anthony was the unknown. There was so much unknown, and people were trying to figure things out, and you don't really have that with the Zimmerman case."

...more at link
http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cf ... view_.html

VIDEO:Jose Baez on Zimmerman case

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:52 am 
ADMIN

Thanks for info from CTH.....

Quote:
arkansasmimi says:
January 24, 2013 at 2:36 am

SOOO Chump and Co will be in court on Feb 5th! Hope its a good show!!!!
Benjamin Crump, Esq.@attorneycrump Jan 17 2013
@Activist30 the judge scheduled a court hearing on #Trayvon’s Birthday, so we will be in court. If anything develops I will let you know.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:54 am 

So have anyone been able to gleen why Serino is a "former" police officer from Sanford?

I look over questions being posed to Baez in advance and everything was centered around Casey Anthony. I didn't see anything concerning Zimmerman or Serino.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:54 am 
ADMIN

Rumpole wrote:
Thanks for info from CTH.....

Quote:
arkansasmimi says:
January 24, 2013 at 2:36 am

SOOO Chump and Co will be in court on Feb 5th! Hope its a good show!!!!
Benjamin Crump, Esq.@attorneycrump Jan 17 2013
@Activist30 the judge scheduled a court hearing on #Trayvon’s Birthday, so we will be in court. If anything develops I will let you know.

Not a smart move for Turkeys to gather around while somebody is mixing up stuffing :12

But ya never know? These are pretty dumb turkeys :12

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:02 am 

Quote:
It's not as if Trayvon drug GZ out of the car and started pounding on him...

Interesting. That's a story Natalie Jackson claimed George told at one time. It's a lie, of course. It would be interesting to know if she had heard or read any of his statements or interviews prior to saying this. She claims knowledge of at least 3 versions so either she's lying about having seen any of his statements or she had seen them and was lying about what George said in them.

Quote:
GRACE: OK, Ms. Jackson -- with me, everybody, Natalie Jackson. This is Trayvon Martin`s family lawyer joining us tonight and taking your calls.

Also with us is the Florida state attorney overseeing this case, Angela Corey, also taking your calls. Ms. Jackson, you say this is Zimmerman`s third story. What are the three stories in a nutshell?

JACKSON: The first story was Trayvon dragged him out of the car and attacked him. The second story was he was looking at -- he was looking for street signs to tell the police where he was, and Trayvon attacked him. Now we hear that Trayvon had somehow attacked him from behind and knocked him down..

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ ... ng.01.html

Were any of George's interviews released to the public by March 27th? She got his claim he was looking for a street sign (address) right. Where did she hear that?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:49 am 

I agree with Aggie when she wrote this, "I hope everyone that tried to cover this crime is investigated and held accountable and punished."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:50 am 

Ejarra wrote:
I agree with Aggie when she wrote this, "I hope everyone that tried to cover this crime is investigated and held accountable and punished."

Oddly enough, that was the one thing she said that I also agree with wholeheartedly. Let's hold them all accountable: starting with Corey, Bondi, and BDLR.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:09 pm 

Cross-posting FTW:

Laying aside, for the moment, the larger point that Angie's contentions are mutually exclusive, are any of them even true?
Angie wrote:
Jr. should realise that it was GZ that started the altercation by getting out of his car and pursuing after Trayvon...

Getting out of his vehicle is not illegal. Following someone is not illegal, and does not meet the legal standard (reasonable fear of imminent bodily harm) necessary to justify as self-defense Martin's use of force against Zimmerman. Even so, there is no evidence that Zimmerman actually *pursued* Martin. Zimmerman lost visual contact with Martin before he ever got out of his vehicle. There is no evidence that Zimmerman ever went any farther than the point at which he last saw Martin.

Angie wrote:
when he was advised not to...

Once again: simply untrue. Zimmerman was never told not to get out of his vehicle. He was already out of his vehicle when the NEN operator said, "we don't actually need you to [follow him]". And there is no evidence that Zimmerman failed to comply with that statement.

Angie wrote:
...therefore GZ started the fight.

Non-sequitur. The person who started the fight is the person who was the initial, physical aggressor, period. Getting out of one's vehicle is not physical aggression. Following someone is not physical aggression. The State is on record, in court, stating that they have no evidence to prove who was the initial aggressor, nor do they have any evidence to refute Zimmerman's claim that Martin was the initial aggressor.

Angie wrote:
It's not as if Trayvon drug GZ out of the car and started pounding on him, GZ had every opportunity to avoid a confrontation with Trayvon.

Straw man. Zimmerman had every right to be where he was, and to be doing what he was doing. He was under no legal requirement to "avoid a confrontation".

Angie wrote:
He was not LE, and should of called it in with his crazy suspicions, and then left well enough alone.

Where is the statutory requirement that Zimmerman do so? Where is the evidence that he did anything otherwise?

Angie wrote:
Trayvon had every right to punch, kick, etc. to get rid of the menacing figure...

"Menacing" usually has specific, statutory meaning. Where is the evidence that Zimmerman was "menacing" Martin?

Also: even assuming Zimmerman was the initial aggressor, what statute gives Martin the right to pin Zimmerman to the ground, prevent him from getting up and escaping, and continuing to beat him while Zimmerman is screaming for help for nearly a full minute?

Angie wrote:
...that wrongly profiled him that evening...

Profiling is not an illegal act. Even so: where is the evidence that Zimmerman "profiled" Martin?

Angie wrote:
...trying to do Trayvon harm.

Where is the evidence that Zimmerman *intended* to "do harm" to Martin?

Angie wrote:
And as it turned out GZ just didn't then have the right to shoot Trayvon killing him, as is what ensued.

Even assuming that Zimmerman was the initial aggressor - a contention for which there simply is no evidence whatsoever - Zimmerman *still* had the right to use lethal force in self-defense. Helpfully, the Florida statutes specifically include a section detailing the justifiable use of lethal force in self defense by an initial aggressor. Zimmerman clearly had expressed his intent and desire to leave the confrontation (multiple attempts to get up, at least 40 seconds of sustained screams for help), and given the nature of the Martin's beating of Zimmerman, Zimmerman was reasonably in fear for his life or imminent bodily harm.

Angie wrote:
It's so simple and i don't understand why these people just don't get it.

Indeed, it is quite simple when one constructs theories of what happened, if one is utterly unencumbered by the necessity to provide evidence to support such theories.

Angie wrote:
GZ was the aggressor right from the start, and Trayvon had every right to protect his life against that aggressor that was carrying a concealed weapon, when all Trayvon had to defend himself with was a bag of skittles, a can of tea, and his fists.

Keep repeating it. Maybe it'll magically become true eventually.

Angie wrote:
The Zimmerman's will not face the truth because they want to turn a blind eye to the fact that one of theirs murdered a teenager in cold blood.

Not even the State is arguing a first-degree murder, but clearly, it's not a bridge too far for Angie.

Angie wrote:
They want to turn a blind eye just like some of the members of the SPD did to this horrific crime, when they wanted it all to just go away...

Where is the evidence that the SPD "turned a blind eye" to this case? Where is the evidence that the SPD's investigation was insufficient?

Angie wrote:
...and tried to pretend that the black kid deserved it, because why? Because Trayvon was a black child? and they saw him as being inferior, i'll bet that's why, with some of that Departments racism in their veins.

Here it is: what this case boils down to. Without any evidence whatsoever, they play the race card.

I still haven't heard any explanation for why the SPD Good Ol' Boys club would circle the wagons to protect the very person who gave the entire department a very public black eye over race. But the Martin supporters simply ignore the very existence of Sherman Ware.*

Angie wrote:
...I hope everyone that tried to cover this crime is investigated and held accountable and punished.

Agreed! Let's start with Corey, Bondi, and BDLR.

Angie wrote:
Exactly, and GZ started the fight, that is so obvious even a 5th. grader could work it out, LOL.

Would a 5th grader understand the significance of Martin successfully eluding Zimmerman's visual contact? Would a 5th grader understand the significance of Martin reaching the vicinity of Brandi Green's house, over 100 yards away from the location of the altercation? Would a 5th grader understand the significance of Zimmerman being at the location of the altercation at the end of his NEN call? Would a 5th grader understand the significance of the physical altercation taking place approximately 2 minutes after the end of Zimmerman's NEN call? Would a 5th grader understand the significance of the debris field from the sidewalk "T" to Martin's body, spreading *toward*, rather than *away from*, the direction of Brandi Green's house?

Angie wrote:
Trayvon had no reason to get in a fight, he was on the phone to his girlfriend, minding his business, and GZ had fed up can't let another one get away issues, again very obvious who was feeling aggressive that night.

Yeah, Zimmerman really sounded especially aggressive on the NEN call, when he related that Martin was approaching his vehicle. And Zimmerman was feeling so aggressive that he failed to leave a single, physical mark on Martin's body.

Angie wrote:
What a shame he wasn't drug & alcohol tested, seeing as he shot someone who was unarmed to death.

Where is the evidence that SPD would have had probable cause to suspect Zimmerman was under the influence of alcohol or drugs?

* Side note: guess what judge was involved in the sentencing of the Sanford police officer's son in that case?

Quote:
A Sanford police lieutenant's son who was captured on video, sucker-punching a homeless man outside a bar, knocking him out, on Monday pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor and was placed on a year of probation.

Justin Collison, 22, of Sanford, had been charged with felony battery and disorderly conduct, but his family paid an undisclosed sum to the homeless man, Sherman Ware, and Ware asked prosecutors to drop the case.
They didn't. When court started Monday morning, Assistant State Attorney Russ Bausch insisted that Collison spend 30 days in jail in addition to a year on probation. Collison said no.

The two sides left that to Circuit Judge Debra Nelson, who came up with her own solution: She sentenced him to 30 days in jail then suspended that, saying he'd only be locked up if he fails to follow through on the conditions of probation.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:10 pm 
ADMIN

Thanks Chip
(I read it in the other thread.... it needed to be moved or copied here)

As always you have made GREAT use of the "Sow's Ear" of a post, and at least fashioned a "Silk Purse" to interweave with it.

Great use of nonsense to seed posting some sensible points about the case.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:46 pm 
ADMIN

From GZ Legal Site

http://www.gzlegalcase.com/index.php/press-releases

Notices of Taking Deposition

on 24 January 2013.

The following NOTICES OF TAKING DEPOSITIONS have been filed with the Court. It is our policy to post NOTICES OF TAKING DEPOSITIONS only after the depositions have occurred.
NOTICE OF TAKING DEPOSITIONS December 11, 2012.
NOTICE OF TAKING DEPOSITIONS January 15, 2013.
NOTICE OF TAKING DEPOSITIONS January 18, 2013
NOTICE OF TAKING DEPOSITIONS January 18, 2013 (Afternoon).
NOTICE OF TAKING DEPOSITIONS January 22, 2013.
NOTICE OF TAKING DEPOSITIONS January 23, 2013.

H/T "nettles" at CTH

Dec. 11th was W6, (John) W17 (John’s Fiancee)

H/T "nettles" at CTH

Dec. 11th was W6, (John) W17 (John’s Fiancee)

Jan. 15th was W5 (Crutcher), W11 (911 caller with yells heard in call), W20 (W11's fiancee) and W16 is Selma

Jan. 18th was W4 (Cheryl Brown) and W15 (Ms. Brown’s 18 year old daughter). Notably, W14 (Austin Brown) was not deposed.

Jan. 18th – afternoon was Pricilla Feller and Ben Dorton at the Medical Examiner’s Office.

Jan. 22nd was FDLE (Orlando) investigator John Batchelor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:10 pm 

I don't think that W4 is Cheryl Brown. I think W4 is Austin.

Counsel for Media interveners has provided the State the names of witnesses who have
voluntarily appeared or given a statement to the media. Therefore, the State now identifies the
following witnesses:

(All addresses in Sanford, FL unless indicated)
W4----Brown, Cheryl 2761 Retreat View Circle
W5---Cutcher, Mary 2031 Retreat View Circle
W7---Green, Brandy c/o SAO
W14--McClendon, Austin 2761 Retreat View Circle
WI6--Mora, Selma 2031 Retreat View Circle
W42--Wibker, Cynthia 1240 Retreat View Circle

I stand corrected. Nice library, BTW.

Last edited by DebFrmHell on Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:20 pm 
ADMIN

I don't know enough to ague.... has this been established anywhere?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:24 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
I don't know enough to ague.... has this been established anywhere?

I am going through your library now. And then going to TL.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:25 pm 
ADMIN

I have Dman list quoted here in document thread... I just updated it
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=195&p=11206#p11206

He shows W4 as Cheryl Brown...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:32 pm 

I corrected my above post. Still going thru the library though. You have so many of the links I lost to the other computer. ((sigh, I am a nerd.))

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1010 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 51  Next