It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1010 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:16 pm 

I voted I didn't think DD would show for the depo, but after today's hearing, I may change my opinion. It appears the tip of the iceberg is cracking. I think she might show and "sing like a bird" (maybe a cockatoo?) to save her own butt...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:52 pm 

On the criminal front, Witness 8 does not have anything to worry about, her statement to BDLR was not a clear case of perjury, BDLR did an awful job through out and this is just one occasion where his questioning, and his lack of follow-up, will be enough that will shield her from prosecution. The other reason is that BDLR has left the door open for him to still use her testimony at trial, credibility is something for the jury to decide, so he can still roll the dice, on her testimony, provided of course that BDLR has phone information linking her phone to a call to TM, something we have not seen any proof of.

Now on the civil front, where the rules are different, she is open to litigation, would GZ sue her for libel, defamation, perhaps as a co-defendant with the Scheme Team, possibly if only to try to flip on the others. I really believe that Crump insulated himself, and left enough wiggle room that any suit is bound to fail. I predict that she will just disappear into the sunset if BDLR does not call her to testify. :30 :41

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:13 pm 

Remote wrote:
70scarrestoguy wrote:
For months I lied to myself that it wasn't so but the writing is on the wall.
The State of Florida firmly believes that the welfare of the masses far exceeds the rights of the individual & that the U.S. Constitution is merely a piece of paper.

Succinct, excellent statement describing the bottom line of this case. :NN6

I wrote this at the CTH, but I think it goes well, with your statement. If anyone wants more information, just Google For the Public Good, there are a bunch of articles written recently, from Robert Reich, Universities and various Progressive think tanks, and what is their interpretation of the concept. It is very eye-opening.

When we look at this case, and wonder how could it have come so far, what about GZ, constitutional rights? Why is the State doing this?

We know it is political, but even that does not go far enough to explain all the Judges rulings, how this case is forced to end in a phony, show trial.

To answer that, I think we must look at how progressives, who are in power define the phrase “For the Public Good.” The progressives view this as a “Carte Blanche” that allows them to do anything as long as it is justified as “For The Public Good.”

Meaning they can suspend constitutional rights, ignore laws (immigration laws come to mind), fail to enforce other laws, as long as it is all “For The Public Good.”

How does GZ fit in this category, this case had invoke a powerful reaction, from people around the country. The threat of nationwide rioting was very real, that could have resulted in lives lost, property destroyed, and general panic.

With that as a background, the CRS, which charter grants very broad powers, as we have discussed here earlier, is tasked to prevent that from happening. If the cost of this was for the rape of the Justice System, and the persecution of GZ… Someone made the decision that this, is better that the alternative, “For The Public Good.”

To me this explains why any inquiry that might implicate anyone, outside the particulars, will not be allowed. It is not just about saving a few political careers, as that alone does not explain all that has occurred.

If, I am right, that this is the application of the “For The Public Good.” concept, violating the rights of the people, to safeguard the majority, it will set a dangerous precedent of untold damage potential. The same concept could be applied to confiscate people’s guns, for instance. Abolishing general elections, could be something else done “For The Public Good.”

Our form of government was design with checks and balances, so that no single entity could override the order, forcing them to work together, but if all it takes is the invoking of “For The Public Good.” to overlooked an individuals constitutional rights, our 237 year old experiment in government is over.

This is a Test, it is only a Test.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:18 pm 

boricuafudd wrote:
On the criminal front, Witness 8 does not have anything to worry about, her statement to BDLR was not a clear case of perjury, BDLR did an awful job through out and this is just one occasion where his questioning, and his lack of follow-up, will be enough that will shield her from prosecution. The other reason is that BDLR has left the door open for him to still use her testimony at trial, credibility is something for the jury to decide, so he can still roll the dice, on her testimony, provided of course that BDLR has phone information linking her phone to a call to TM, something we have not seen any proof of.

Now on the civil front, where the rules are different, she is open to litigation, would GZ sue her for libel, defamation, perhaps as a co-defendant with the Scheme Team, possibly if only to try to flip on the others. I really believe that Crump insulated himself, and left enough wiggle room that any suit is bound to fail. I predict that she will just disappear into the sunset if BDLR does not call her to testify. :30 :41

But can't she be a witness for the Defense, even if considered a hostile one? I would pay money for a leaked copy of her deposition. When is that hammer coming? I hope soon. Like today. The Defense knows a lot more about her than they have let on and I think they have known for months.

Laughable that The Scheme Team no longer shows up for the hearings.

When my cousin was murdered, his family told the DA "warts and all" for their investigation. And they never missed a hearing, even if there might be something that showed him in a bad light. Thick and thin. And they got their conviction.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:31 pm 
ADMIN

DEB: Laughable that The Scheme Team no longer shows up for the hearings.

Yes... "noble ambitions" early on.

Stuff like "co-operate in every way we can with LE"

Be there in court for little Tray.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:51 pm 

Oh, I would say they have been very cooperative...too much so it seems. Manufacturing a witness to get the arrest... LOL!

I am curious as to whether or not the cell records that Crump flashed around were **cough** edited also. They should know that by now with Brenton being deposed a week or so ago.

Something about that makes me smile. I suspect it will be good when it all comes to light. Those records are protected by law so it will probably take a Motion to make it public. Like today's Motion for the Hospital Records for W8. State had no where to go so they had to admit it wasn't there. I hope it is soon but I got some patience...

8-) So Not A Lawyer.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:40 pm 
ADMIN

George Zimmerman: star witness bombshell; major defense shift
posted by halboedeker on March, 5 2013 6:35 PM

Tuesday was a huge day in the George Zimmerman case. How huge?

“Today was a major turning point,” WESH-Channel 2’s Bob Kealing said. “George Zimmerman’s defense is all in now for a jury verdict of Zimmerman’s guilt or innocence.”

WFTV-Channel 9 anchor Vanessa Welch saw a “bombshell announcement.”

Zimmerman’s defense is not asking for a stand your ground hearing next month. He is charged with second-degree murder in the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin last year in Sanford.

“The defense says Zimmerman could not have gotten away if he wanted to,” WFTV’s Kathi Belich said. “They’re saying it’s not stand your ground. It’s self-defense.”

WKMG-Channel 6’s Tony Pipitone said it was never a stand your ground case. “At a trial now, the state is going to have the burden to prove it was murder or manslaughter,” Pipitone said. “At one of those immunity hearings, the burden is on the defense.”

WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer said the defense’s move could be smart because Zimmerman could argue self-defense in a civil suit. “He could have the case thrown out on immunity and the Martins wouldn’t see a penny,” Sheaffer said.

Another big development: The state confirmed that Witness No. 8, the woman who had been on the phone with Martin before he was shot, was not in the hospital during his funeral, as she had said. “It could be used to challenge her credibility when she testifies,” Pipitone said.

Defense attorney Mark O’Mara said No. 8 could be the most significant witness in the case.

“You never want your star witness to be caught in a lie,” WFTV’s Sheaffer said. “Lie about one thing. What else could she be lying about?”

WESH legal analyst Richard Hornsby said it was a big deal. “It goes to the heart of what the defense argument is that she was likely coached, that she’s likely being untruthful,” he said. “I think it’s a huge revelation for the defense.”

...more at link
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entert ... shift.html

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:14 am 

I can't say that I am surprised by this. I never believed any of her story. The timing of it right after the release of the 911 tapes, other information and her lack of normal behavior after hearing a conversation she deemed threatening didn't sound to me like someone who was telling the truth.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:11 am 
ADMIN

I did assume there was a thread of truth to DD. I guess I am a bit naive. I assumed (at first) she was friend on the phone to TM, but that her narrative was "hyped up". But I think the scheme was more devious than that now.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:16 am 
ADMIN

THREAD LOCKED

Just over a 1,000 posts is enough for one thread.

Please carry on discussion at.......

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Discussion #3
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=767

No bus smiley as a link to next thread :24

I think a fleet of wheel chairs and ambulances would be more appropriate where they do that :31

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1010 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51