It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 9:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1010 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:30 am 

boricuafudd wrote:
There seems to be two competing factions. Both want to help GZ, but for different reasons. One faction wants to expose the BGI and Crump which would help GZ, as it exposed both the political aspects of the case that ended in GZ getting charged, when the evidence pointed to a different action.

The other just feels that GZ has been railroaded and should not have been charged but are more concerned with applying the law equally and seeing that justice is done. This group wants to help GZ the BGI, Crump is secondary unless it helps GZ. The first group wants to help GZ only as it helps to expose the BGI and their tactics. GZ is a means toward a that goal.

So now comes the problem, the BGI has its protectors and they are not going down without a fight. GZ's defense team does not have the resources to both bring down the BGI and defend itself. While bringing down the BGI would help him, its time for the defense to concentrate on others ways to help the case.

So many good posts by everyone and this line I have bolded in yours is the absolute bottom line, boricua. Resources and time are scarce and the immediate focus needs to be on sucessfully defending GZ.

Desperately, I DO want the entire BGI (I include Crump et al in this group) to pay for the damage they've done and will keep doing to ALL the Zimmermans AND for the blows they've dealt to the psyche of the State of Florida and to our nation - but when it comes down to it - that is about emotion and my sense of fairness being so offended. Reality dictates that GZ comes first, the BGI second.

I believe GZ doesn't have a snowballl's chance in Florida to win immunity and for now, I'm hanging my hat on a sane jury to see and understand the legalities at his trial. There is too much at stake for O'Mara and West to be distracted by anything other (no matter how infuriating) than convincing a jury to acquit GZ.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:35 am 

Test... first post but have been reading ;)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:45 am 

arkansasmimi wrote:
Test... first post but have been reading ;)

:92

So glad you're here, arkansasmimi! I'm a fan of your posts over at the CTH!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:23 am 

:26 Thank you~ never posted on a blog designed like this. so might take me a while to figure it out. I just LOVE the lil smilies tho :69

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:32 am 
ADMIN

:32 Welcome arkansasmimi :32

Your first message forum... and you picked my one... I am honoured :24

(You always remember your first) :61

I can remember joining Websleuths over 4 years ago... and I know it can take a while to learn how to do things, even just navigate around..... don't be afraid to ask about even the simplest things.. I am happy to help.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:50 pm 

Remote wrote:
----------Respectfully snipped-------------------------------------------
So many good posts by everyone and this line I have bolded in yours is the absolute bottom line, boricua. Resources and time are scarce and the immediate focus needs to be on sucessfully defending GZ.

Desperately, I DO want the entire BGI (I include Crump et al in this group) to pay for the damage they've done and will keep doing to ALL the Zimmermans AND for the blows they've dealt to the psyche of the State of Florida and to our nation - but when it comes down to it - that is about emotion and my sense of fairness being so offended. Reality dictates that GZ comes first, the BGI second.

I believe GZ doesn't have a snowballl's chance in Florida to win immunity and for now, I'm hanging my hat on a sane jury to see and understand the legalities at his trial. There is too much at stake for O'Mara and West to be distracted by anything other (no matter how infuriating) than convincing a jury to acquit GZ.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Zimmerman needs to be in the clear and the rest can be tackled at a later time. Like right after the trial. I am still trying to keep the faith that the judge will see the preponderance of evidence that he acted in self defense. She may have seen what the state has been doing with their shell game but I don't know that she is familiar with Zimmerman's injuries, DNA, and Witnesses other than 8. All of that was handled when Lester was still a sitting judge.

Mark O'Mara wagged that color photo so that has been introduced to her by Motion but I really cannot thing of anything else. Willfully ignorant or keeping herself a blank slate? Wishful thinking at its finest.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:25 pm 

Hi Deb! Yes, the judge is a lost cause in my opinion, too.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:11 pm 
ADMIN

Expert: Zimmerman jury may be all white
Posted: 5:00 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 27, 2013

Concerns over the prospect of violence following the outcome of the case against George Zimmerman have prompted meetings between Sanford religious leaders, the US Department of Justice and local law enforcement.

The possibility that Zimmerman could have an all-white jury decides his 2nd-degree murder trial heightens those concerns.

Assuming Zimmerman is tried in Seminole County or a county with a similar racial makeup, demographics suggest about 10% of the 500 people to be summoned will be black.

With only six spots on the voting jury, WDBO legal analyst Bill Sheaffer said seating even one black juror could be difficult.

"From a statistical perspective it is more probable that you may end up with an all-white jury," Sheaffer said.

The judge will block lawyers from eliminating black jurors based solely on race, but overexposure to the case could disqualify many in the pool.

Sanford Pastor Valerie Houston has been attending the meetings and working with police to prevent the outbreak of violence should Zimmerman be acquitted. She believes that task will be made more difficult if there are no black jurors.

"It would be racist," she said. "It would just be a good old boy system. It would just be what we are fighting against."

...more at link
http://www.wdbo.com/news/news/local/exp ... te/nWbJ7/#

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:11 pm 
ADMIN

I have been thinking that the likely outcome if there is a trial is a hung jury… split along racial lines.
Good news if it’s an all white jury.. no point pandering to the BGI and political correctness when an innocent man’s life and liberty are at stake.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:18 pm 
ADMIN

Today Federal response to previous Nelson order in regards FBI files......

USA's Objection to Order on Amended Demand for Specific Discovery
http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Rel ... covery.pdf

FBI to George Zimmerman: We don't have to give you our file
By Rene Stutzman, Orlando Sentinel
10:20 a.m. EST, February 27, 2013

Lawyers for the FBI say the federal agency should not give George Zimmerman's lawyers all the evidence from its case file, even though a Sanford judge has ordered it.

The U.S. Department of Justice filed paperwork Monday, arguing that federal regulations trump a state court judge's ruling. It's asking that judge, Debra S. Nelson, to undo her Feb. 5 order.

"This court has 'no power or authority' … to compel the FBI to produce the documents at issue here," wrote Assistant U.S. Attorney Sean P. Flynn.

In her order, Nelson agreed with a defense request and ordered the FBI to open its case file to Zimmerman's attorneys.

Zimmerman is the 29-year-old former Neighborhood Watch volunteer charged with second-degree murder for shooting Trayvon Martin, an unarmed 17-year-old, one year ago in Sanford.

...more at link
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/loc ... 9769.story

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:20 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
Sanford Pastor Valerie Houston has been attending the meetings and working with police to prevent the outbreak of violence should Zimmerman be acquitted. She believes that task will be made more difficult if there are no black jurors.

"It would be racist," she said. "It would just be a good old boy system. It would just be what we are fighting against."

Stick to preaching Jesus, pastor - if you ever did to begin with.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:13 pm 
ADMIN

I agree, Chip.

Of course it would be "racist" to decree that one or more jurors have to be of a certain race... as all "affirmative action" is.

Of course it would be racist to exclude any race from the jury.. nobody is suggesting that.

note
I moved chat about forum issues to..

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=190&p=22969#p22969

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:11 pm 

Quote:

I would like to add, pastor: was yours one of the churches that George Zimmerman visited while trying to gather support for justice for Sherman Ware?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:15 pm 

I'm pretty sure if George had placed a flyer about Sherman Ware at the good pastor's church, she would never admit it. Isn't it racist/profiling or whatever to even discuss the possibility of violence if there's an acquittal? Why would anyone even think this could happen? Are they not stereotyping?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:17 pm 
ADMIN

NOTE:

Mung has started a thread asking for help/suggestions in regards some case matters

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=801#p22910

This is in a "Members Only area" because it is "Private" - mainly research ideas best not aired to the (rabid) public.

Normal case discussion of news and evidence will continue here in an Open and public forum.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:19 pm 
ADMIN

Hi Flgirl :42

Nice to see you again

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:24 pm 

Hi Rumpole :28 ,

I've been here, just lurking you could say.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:36 pm 
ADMIN

Lurking is OK.... :42

We need posts to get the place more active... a chain reaction.. more posts mean more people interested enough to join.. and so generate more posts. :24

Besides by lurking you miss all the REALLY juicy stuff in the Members area :61

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:48 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
I have been thinking that the likely outcome if there is a trial is a hung jury… split along racial lines.
Good news if it’s an all white jury.. no point pandering to the BGI and political correctness when an innocent man’s life and liberty are at stake.

Can you just imagine? I would love to be a fly on the wall during delilberations!! :13 I'm sure there will be knock-down-drag-outs in that jury room! :N16

^
l
l
l
But they won't be smiling like these two!

edit Mal
perhaps more like this?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:12 pm 

Quote:

Now they'd like to dictate terms for the jury. :45

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1010 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next