It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 4:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1010 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:19 am 
ADMIN

Daily Daft Posts From Justarse Quest.

A day almost totally devoted to uninformed, wilfully ignorant, sentimental crap in remembrance of "Little Tray".

Neurotic... borderline psychotic!

Not worth quoting... except a single short post illustrates the mob-think/neurosis

Quoted posts and discussion of JQ go to...........
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=63&p=23067#p23066

Please stick broadly to the GZ case in this thread

If only Trayvon had kept his hands in his pockets, none of this would have happened.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:39 am 
ADMIN

Dershowitz Takes New Shots at Prosecutor in Trayvon Martin Case

Tuesday, 26 Feb 2013 07:06 PM
By Bill Hoffmann

Famed defense lawyer Alan Dershowitz has launched a new attack on the prosecutor trying George Zimmerman for the murder of Trayvon Martin.

Florida State Attorney Angela Cory “has a reputation for always overcharging and then trying to reduce the charges as part of a plea bargain,’’ Dershowitz told Steve Malzberg on Newsmax TV’s “The Steve Malzberg Show.’’

“She doesn’t want the case to go to trial if it’s at all possible to avoid, so her tactic is to overcharge and essentially extort the defendant into pleading to a lesser defense.’’

His incendiary remarks come on the first anniversary of the death of 17-year-old Martin, who was shot by Zimmerman, a volunteer neighborhood watch captain, as Martin walked to a home he was visiting in Sanford.

Zimmerman, who was legally licensed to carry a gun, got into a fight with Martin, and under the state’s Stand Your Ground law may have justification for the use of lethal force if he felt his life was in jeopardy.

Dershowitz enraged Cory last summer when he criticized her prosecution tactics, so much so that she called the dean of Harvard Law School, where he teaches, to complain. She reportedly threatened to sue for libel.

But the threat has not stopped Dershowitz from expressing his opinion about her.

“[Zimmerman] certainly can’t get a fair trial prosecuted by the terrible, terrible prosecutor who is bringing this case to trial,’’ Dershowitz told Malzberg.

“Look, Trayvon Martin was a victim who shouldn’t have died and in my view there’s a lot of moral responsibility on the shoulders of Zimmerman.

“The question is, is it a criminal responsibility? And if it is a criminal responsibility, of what degree? It’s certainly not the kind of murder charge that he’s now facing.’’

....more at link
http://www.newsmax.com/US/dershowitz-zi ... /id/492168

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:33 pm 

Wow, wonder if the emails from the CTH inspired him to take yet another look? Is he hinting he would do some pro bono work if asked my MOM and West?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:16 pm 

I sure hope so. If I were in George's situation, I'd sure want Alan Dershowitz's help. (They could pay him by giving him future book rights.)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:06 am 
ADMIN

Another day... another daft....

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=63&p=23255#p23256

If only Trayvon had kept his hands in his pockets, none of this would have happened.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:04 am 
ADMIN

One Year Later: Free George Zimmerman Already!
by Donald Joy - Clash Daily Guest contributor
27 February 2013

What’s the right thing to do in a case in which the lead investigator has testified, under oath, that there’s no evidence on which to base charging the defendant?

That lack of evidence is exactly why George Zimmerman wasn’t charged with any crime in the initial weeks following his shooting to death of Trayvon Martin, but of course, lack of evidence hasn’t stopped the Pravda-like onslaught by the governmedia to push their sickening leftist agenda.

Over the last year, the highly politicized, racially-charged, and media-driven framing of George Zimmerman has proceeded, as Barack (“If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon”) Obama’s re-election campaign was successfully executed, and Florida state’s attorney Angela Corey won her own re-election only nine days after filing the trumped-up charge of 2nd degree murder against the defendant.

This is what has come to be known as being “Nifonged”– being railroaded and harmed by powerful, dishonest, and politically-motivated interests, after the last name of the corrupt (now disgraced, convicted, and disbarred) former District Attorney, Mike Nifong, in the infamous 2006 Duke University lacrosse case. Nifong, up for re-election in a heavily black district of North Carolina, made highly unethical statements and deliberately concealed exculpatory evidence – evidence which ultimately helped prove that the white defendants in that racially-charged case were innocent – in his craven bid to convict the lacrosse players of rape and other bogus charges.

Now, we’ve come full circle around the sun since the night of February 26th, 2012. That was the night on which no fewer than two eyewitnesses in Sanford, Florida, stated that they saw Trayvon Martin on top of neighborhood watch member Zimmerman, violently battering him “MMA” style, and that Zimmerman – pinned flat on his back – was screaming over and over again for help.

Despite witnesses being nearby, no help came.

...more at link
http://clashdaily.com/2013/02/one-year- ... n-already/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:38 pm 
ADMIN

Zimmerman lawyers depose 13-year-old who heard screams, cries for help
By Rene Stutzman, Orlando Sentinel
10:26 a.m. EST, March 1, 2013

A 13-year-old boy who, while walking his dog, heard George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin fighting, was deposed by defense attorneys yesterday.

So was the Florida Department of Law Enforcement agent who worked to download information from Trayvon's phone.

....more at link
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/loc ... 3484.story

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:50 pm 
ADMIN

From GZLegal Site....

http://gzlegalcase.com/

Regarding UNITED STATES OF AMERICA’S OBJECTION TO ORDER ON AMENDED DEMAND FOR SPECIFIC DISCOVERY

Quote:
on 01 March 2013.
The United States of America, on behalf of the Federal Bureau of Investigation has filed with the Court a document entitled UNITED STATES OF AMERICA’S OBJECTION TO ORDER ON AMENDED DEMAND FOR SPECIFIC DISCOVERY, DATED FEBRUARY 5, 2013. The objection cites the “supremacy” clause of the United States Constitution to claim the Court has no authority to compel the production of documents. Moreover, the document states that the defense has not followed the proper procedure, and claims that “at such time as proper demand is made on the FBI, the FBI and the Department of Justice will promptly authorize the production of appropriate documents subject to the regulatory limitations imposed by 28 C. FR SS 16.26.”

The defense is well aware of the procedure for requesting documents from the FBI, as are we aware of the regulatory limitations, and as such, we are also aware that such a request would be unlikely to produce any more information that has already been provided to the State. The purpose for our DEMAND FOR SPECIFIC DISCOVERY in regards to FBI documents, and the Court’s subsequent order, was to begin the long process of gaining access relevant aspects of the FBI file regarding its investigation into possible civil rights violations in regards to the shooting of Trayvon Martin.

Those who recall the hearing on this issue will also recall Mr. O’Mara’s acknowledgement to the Court that this was only the first step in a long process, one we know would end up either with voluntary compliance by the State Attorney’s office and/or the FBI, or with a request for issuance of a subpoena to the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, as per procedure. We understand the FBI is following proper procedure in this matter, and we will continue to work with them to gain appropriate access to information that may be relevant to our case. Unfortunately, we may not have the time to fight for access to additional documents before trial begins in less than 100 days.

The State prosecutors have much easier access to the FBI’s file on this case, but they have refused to request any more information from the FBI than the reports that have already been disclosed in discovery -- reports that show no evidence of racism on the part of George Zimmerman.

Because claims of racism, of profiling, and of civil rights violations are central to the national attention this case has received, and indeed were central to the calls for Mr. Zimmerman’s arrest, the findings of the FBI’s investigation are very relevant. We would hope that everyone who wants to base their opinion on factual information would want this discovery available as well.

Regarding UNITED STATES OF AMERICA’S OBJECTION TO ORDER ON AMENDED DEMAND FOR SPECIFIC DISCOVERY
http://184.172.211.159/~gzdocs/document ... ctions.pdf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:52 pm 

Interesting MOM is alleging that the FBI has information to prove or indicate that pressure was exerted to get GZ arrested. He also admits he will not likely get the information on time.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:58 pm 
ADMIN

I am taking a more relaxed approach to things now.

I think to some extent MOM is just filing to get things "on the record". He just as well not hold his breath while he waits for Nelson to sit up and pay attention.

I don't think he should be pushing for more time. Get this farce over and done with. DCA may be where it's headed anyway.. but you never know the Jury may just "get it" despite the nonsense from the State.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:54 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
I am taking a more relaxed approach to things now.

I think to some extent MOM is just filing to get things "on the record". He just as well not hold his breath while he waits for Nelson to sit up and pay attention.

I don't think he should be pushing for more time. Get this farce over and done with. DCA may be where it's headed anyway.. but you never know the Jury may just "get it" despite the nonsense from the State.

That's what I have thought too.

He is doing everything an attorney should do. That way Mr. Zimmerman's rights will be protected no matter what happens during pretrial or the trial.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:58 pm 

Remote wrote:
Wow, wonder if the emails from the CTH inspired him to take yet another look? Is he hinting he would do some pro bono work if asked my MOM and West?

Hey, good to see you.

I'm not sure this will come about or whether it is a good idea.

But I have to say I'm surprised this is still going on. I thought it was going to be thrown out awhile ago.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:03 pm 
ADMIN

Hi Flareon :28

Nice to see you back from "the dark side"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:35 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
Hi Flareon :28

Nice to see you back from "the dark side"

Good to see you too. Things seem to be picking up on the case. I'm still waiting to see more of the state's case. I just don't see how they came up with the charges with what we know so far.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:45 pm 
ADMIN

I don't know about picking up. We have not actually had any new discovery in months?

Us posters seem to be coming to grips with things though :24

It's frustrating that The "Scheme" seems so obvious... at least obvious enough to require further investigation... but attempts to get information (eg Crump Depo) are thwarted. Motions about State Discovery Stalling come and go.. but the discovery still does not arrive.. and there is no admonishing of BDLR and the State over obfuscation.

I am actually grateful that Nelson is sticking to the set timetable for the trial.... there seems little point in prolonging the agony. :45

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:21 am 
ADMIN

Another day... another daft....

A bit of CLASSIC JQ. Imprinting, mass hysteria, mob mentality.... reef fish!

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=63&p=23352#p23352

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:16 am 

I might be crazy but those people are just plain nuts.

Zimmerman cooperated with everything LE asked of him. Right before the arrest he had the money to flee. He didn't do it. Why? Because he is innocent and believes in the system.

If he had a do-over, I would hope he would ask for an attorney. Immediately. And then cooperate under their guidance.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:52 am 
ADMIN

Hi Deb

I agree. George is a simple guy. In a nice way. It's refreshing.

Most of us are a bit "battle hardened" and not trusting at all.

A cynic might say "Expect the worse from other people and you wont be disappointed"

But George is not like that. He trusts people... sees the good in them. As I say it's refreshing to see that he has that attitude.

However,

As we see... a little bit of cynicism is what you need to survive. As you say, Deb, in hindsight George would have been better off if he was NOT so trusting...... if he had clammed up and waited for a lawyer. But having been so trusting it is sad to see George so severely punished for what should be regarded as a positive attitude. It confirms the worst fears of us cynics and makes the world an even worse place. Good guys like George deserve much better.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:55 am 
ADMIN

NEW POLL

Will a Dee Dee turn up to be deposed by Defence?
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=805

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:42 am 

Rumpole wrote:
NEW POLL

Will a Dee Dee turn up to be deposed by Defence?
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=805

LOL! Unlike the FDLE guys that had to go look for her for better than an hour, MOM doesn't have/hasn't had the luxury of an address, right? or does he now have an address and it was the social media that she was refusing to give out? Does she have a choice? IANAL, but I don't think she can avoid it. Depositions will be made even if they have to get the courts to enforce it. They can treat her as hostile, I suppose.

IMO, he knows exactly who she is and where she lives. He needs to verify it through the courts to legitimatize it. Jeralyn has stated that she knows her name but will not publish it because of court orders. Told us flat out not to speculate as to who she is. That's Jeralyn for you. Putting an end to our fun before we even got started.

:43

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1010 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next