It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 2:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:37 pm 
ADMIN

Judge: I'll rule Thursday on Zimmerman's bond motion
By Rene Stutzman, Orlando Sentinel
4:58 p.m. EST, July 3, 2012

SANFORD – The judge in George Zimmerman's second-degree murder case said Tuesday that he expects to rule Thursday on whether to release the defendant or keep him locked up in the Seminole County Jail.

Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester Jr. made the announcement at the close of his afternoon court session.

He has begun drafting the order, he told the nearly-empty courtroom, and expects to file it Thursday.

The Seminole County courthouse is closed Wednesday because of the Independence Day holiday.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/201 ... e-teenager

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:17 pm 

Not sure what I think about Lester but I am wondering if he is considering a bond, because of what appears to be weak evidence if really any at all. And George's injuries do have to do some talking like maybe GZ is not such a dangerous man that he has to be held till trial.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:38 pm 
ADMIN

I would like to think that the time taken means he is NOT going to simply deny bail?

But.... I guess with so much evidence presented, he does have to view it and write some sort of ruling... he could still go either way on it, I guess.

I noticed that this time, there was no inquisition about GZ's finances? So I guess they believe what his stated position was, with the donation money now controlled independently and properly, and out of GZ's personal control.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:41 pm 

Well if this isn't disappointing. I'll be out all day Thursday. Can't watch ANY of In Session. Waaa!

1 - George didn't lie, his wife did.
2 - George took the fall for his wife (but she got caught anyhow).
3 - Even the judge should understand that broke people don't want to pay bail with their newfound $.$$
4 - George doesn't impress me as a flight risk, his wife needs him....
5 - George didn't lie at this bond hearing. Nobody did.
6 - George has done enough time for his wife's sin.
7 - If the judge frees George, poor George may get murdered before a chance for a trial in a year or so.

If Judge Lester is fair I think he might free George with strict admonitions and maybe an ankle bracelet (do they do that for bond infractions)? I can't imagine what's taking this judge so long. I think he may be feeling some political pressure?

"Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honour the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour." Leviticus 19:15

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:12 pm 

Happy Fourth!!! :51

I wonder if the Judge needs to take his time because of things like this.
L.E. took George's Passport. That is pretty normal I think.

But - then George called the Passport Office, told him he "lost" his Passport, and asked for a replacement. It was confiscated
by L.E. Anyhow, they sent a new one to him. He never told them about the "second one".

What IS THAT kind of stuff, all about? Surely having a father who was a Magistrate Judge, he KNEW the reason they confiscated
his Passport. So why dd he go in the "back door" and replace it? Wonder what is IN him, that makes him do that? I would have just let it go ... the law is the confiscate it, ok.

If nagging questions like this aren't ok here ... just let me know. All ok. It is!! :19

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:42 pm 
ADMIN

Joni... you are confused about passport issue. Please look back at the true facts. I don't want to go through it again.
It is certainly not as you imagine.

It is now a NON ISSUE the Judge said so way back at the hearing to REVOKE bond... May 29th.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:21 pm 
ADMIN

Judge: George Zimmerman's new bond: $1 million
By Rene Stutzman, Orlando Sentinel
11:58 a.m. EST, July 5, 2012

A Sanford judge today ordered George Zimmerman, the Neighborhood Watch volunteer who shot and killed Trayvon Martin, an unarmed 17-year-old, released on $1 million bail but called him a manipulator.

It was not immediately clear how long it would take the 28-year-old Zimmerman to arrange his release.

Defense attorney Mark O'Mara said Friday that Zimmerman's legal defense fund had a balance of $211,000, more than enough to cover the 10-percent non-refundable portion charged by most bonding companies.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/201 ... -zimmerman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:30 pm 

:27 First post, here!

Wow, what a high price for lying Zimmerman is now going to pay. Non-refundable $100K and all the restrictions he didn't have before.

Now, does he still have to come up with some kind of collateral for the remaining $900K or does the bondsman take care of that?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:53 pm 
ADMIN

Hi Remote :24

:92

I am reading that he does have to come up with collateral to cover the balance.... but its sounds as if he will be released... I don't know how he will cover $900,000

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:53 pm 
ADMIN

18th Circuit Court - Media Advisories

It is the goal of the Eighteenth Judicial Circuit to ensure that the media and public are accommodated to the best of the Court's abilities during special interest/high profile proceedings. Below you will find media advisories and public record documents pertaining to State v. Zimmerman (2012-CF-001083-A). Please continue to check this website for updates. Documents will be posted as they are made available for public distribution.

HIGH PROFILE CASES - State v. Zimmerman (2012-CF-001083-A)

http://www.flcourts18.org/presspublic.html

Media Advisories are updated with new releases

(07-05-12) Order Setting Bail
http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Rel ... 510360.pdf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:00 pm 
ADMIN

Lester comes across to me as petulant and biased against GZ. :45

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:01 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
Hi Remote :24

:92

I am reading that he does have to come up with colateral to cover the balance.... but its sounds as if he will be released... I don't know how he will cover $900,000

Thanks for the welcome, I'm glad to be here.

I cannot imagine where it will come from either? :40

What an unnecessary mess his lies have created - and I'm taking into account how Shellie will now need an attorney ($$$) and who knows what kind of fine she'll be slapped with for her perjury.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:02 pm 

I agree, Rumpole. Lester has gone way overboard.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:38 pm 
ADMIN

New Bond set at $1,000,000

George Zimmerman Legal Defence Site.

http://gzlegalcase.com/

Includes a link to donate to the Defence Fund
http://www.gzdefensefund.com/

I think George needs some more money... :43

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:25 pm 
ADMIN

George Zimmerman granted $1M bond, could be released soon

Click Orlando - Live Cam
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/George ... index.html

Screen Shot:

EDIT:
The feed eventually stopped, and there has since been a press release by GZ Defence that they are working towards the release (Bond money)....so no release live today.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:38 pm 
ADMIN

'Twitter lynch mob' threatens to kill George Zimmerman after judge sets bail
Joe Newby
Crime & Courts Examiner

On Thursday, the Florida judge overseeing the George Zimmerman trial set bail at $1 million after hearing arguments from both sides last week, CNN reported. Almost immediately after that announcement, death threats against the man who shot Trayvon Martin began appearing on Twitter.

According to a report at Twitchy, "[a]t least two Twitter users threatened to murder him," despite Twitter's rules against direct threats.

Quote:
"Imma bail George Zimmerman a** out ...... Then kill his a** then get the money back somehow (sic),"
one person tweeted Thursday morning.

Quote:
"I need to take a trip to florida cause as soon as George Zimmerman get out again, ima be right thea to pop one off in em. (sic),"
another tweeted.

Quote:
"Empty the whole clip in his a**,"
wrote another user.

A number of users called for Zimmerman to be killed, Twitchy added.

Quote:
"So who's going to shoot George Zimmerman when he gets out? I'd like to shake your hand,"
wrote "KJ."

Quote:
"George Zimmerman needs to just die.....stop Breathing (sic),"
wrote another.

....more at link
http://www.examiner.com/article/twitter ... -sets-bail

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:40 pm 
ADMIN

And of course the Forum "Lynch Mobs" are elated too.

Posting in a frenzy :31

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:41 pm 
ADMIN

From GZ Defence...

http://gzlegalcase.com/index.php/press-releases

Regarding the One Million Dollar Bond Set for George Zimmerman
Quote:
on 05 July 2012.

Today, Judge Lester set George Zimmerman's bond at $1,000.000. In order to get out of jail, Mr. Zimmerman will have to pay a bail bond company $100,000 (10% of the bond amount) and have collateral worth $1,000,000.

George Zimmerman and his family do not have anywhere near $1,000,000 for collateral so even if we pay the $100,000 fee, the bail bond company will have to agree to work with us on how the collateral would be posted. We are encouraged we can work this out. We paid $15,000 initially for the first bail fee so an additional fee of $85,000 would have to be paid to post this new bond assuming we can work out the collateral issue.

Although the Legal Defense Fund has approximately $211,000 at this time, there are about $40,000 in payables for defense expenses so far (not including any attorney's fees) with significant expenses ahead of us for expert witnesses, deposition costs, private security and George's living expenses. Paying bond and scheduled expenses would effectively wipe out the existing balance.

While it may seem that there is a lot of money in in the fund, this will be a very expensive case to defend and it is clear that the fight will be long and hard.

While Mr. Zimmerman has been in jail awaiting his bond hearing, donations to the George Zimmerman Legal Defense fund have significantly decreased. Supporters have told us they were concerned that the Court would set such a high bond that getting George out of jail could risk wiping out the entire defense account. It appears that they were right. However, George needs an aggressive defense and to help with that he also needs to be out of jail with his wife and family assisting his legal team.

George Zimmerman is not a threat to his community nor is he a flight risk. However, unless we take weeks or months to appeal Judge Lester's order setting bail at $1,000,000, the only way George can get out of jail is to pay a bondsman. This is what we intend to do.

We steadfastly maintain that George Zimmerman acted in self-defense and that he is not guilty of second degree murder.

In the next hours and days the defense team will be working to get George released on bail and on effective strategies for moving forward. Much of our decision making will be based upon the funds available for mounting a defense. In the days surrounding Mr. Zimmerman's initial arrest, supporters surprised everyone with the strength of their donations.

For those who have given in the past, for those who have thought about giving, for those who feel Mr. Zimmerman was justified in his actions, for those who feel they would do the same if they were in Mr. Zimmerman's shoes, for those that think Mr. Zimmerman has been treated unfairly by the media, for those who feel Mr. Zimmerman has been falsely accused as a racist, for those who feel this case is an affront to their constitutional rights -- now is the time to show your support.

The defense fund is at
http://www.gzdefensefund.com

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:11 pm 
ADMIN

Legal Analysis from Jeralyn at Talk Left....

George Zimmerman Bail Set at $1 Million
By Jeralyn, Section Colorado News
Posted on Thu Jul 05, 2012

The Judge has set George Zimmerman's bail at $1 million. He has to post 10%, will not be allowed to open a bank account, and must be on GPS.
<SNIP>
With Zimmerman on bond, the defense will be in no hurry to take this case to trial. If it decides to appeal a denial of Stand Your Ground before trial, and the Rice case timeline is typical, it might take three years, until 2014, to get to trial in this case. By then, almost no will remember the details of this case. The impact of this bond ruling on Zimmerman's credibility at trial will be non-existent. The jurors won't have read the court's order, and reporting on the overall case will have slowed to a trickle. Any prospective juror who is so familiar with the case as to remember the details of a ruling three years earlier would certainly be bounced by one side or the other.

This was a good day for George Zimmerman, not such a great day for his defense team which just lost $100,000. in available fees, and not a good day for the state, which failed to make a sufficient case for keeping Zimmerman jailed pending trial.
BBM

...more at link
http://www.talkleft.com/story/2012/7/5/12441/34373

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:30 pm 

It would be good for him if the trial didn't happen for a long time -- mainly because the lynch mobs are out to get him. And I think the judge had gone too far over the top too.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next