It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:32 am 
ADMIN

Quote:
sundance says:
May 29, 2015 at 12:22 am

After reading that motion for bond modification I am stunned they did not charge Apperson with attempted murder.

Considering the State Attorney has evidence of a “fixation on George Zimmerman” – How can Apperson asking his mother for a gun, on the day he shot at Zimmerman, not be considered “malice aforethought” ?

Unreal.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:36 am 
ADMIN

My GUESS is that this will end with an insanity finding of some sort and committal to psychiatric care.

It would be nice if the court set a precedent by ruling that this dope suffers from Traybotitis and get that listed as a condition that warrants locking up.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:49 am 
ADMIN

Quote:
nivico says:
May 29, 2015 at 12:18 am

“On the morning of the incident at issue in this case, May 11, 2015, Defendant Apperson asked his [boss] for his gun back. His [boss] declined, at which time Defendant Apperson showed his [boss] a gun tucked into his waistband.”

There, I fixed it…

It’s pretty damning that his employer knew he was armed that day, she didn’t call 911, and he subsequently attempted to kill someone.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 7:33 pm 
ADMIN

From CTH....

Zimmerman Stalker To Deploy “Stand Your Ground” Defense – For Shooting At George Zimmerman…
Posted on May 29, 2015 by sundance

Matthew Apperson will use a “stand your ground” defense in the charges against him. I shall defer comment until after the ridiculously biased presentation within the article, as notable within this editorial construct of Rene Stutzman:

[…] What happened between Apperson and Zimmerman on May 11 is similar in many ways to the night Trayvon was shot. Two people exchanged words. There was a confrontation, and then someone grabbed a gun and opened fire, claiming the other was about to kill him.

In this case, each man says the other was the aggressor.

SANFORD — The man accused of shooting at George Zimmerman will use a “stand your ground” defense in an attempt to clear himself, his lawyer said Friday.

“That’s a good look into the future,” said Michael Lafay moments after a bond hearing for his client, Matthew Apperson, a 36-year-old Winter Springs man accused of firing into Zimmerman’s pickup May 11 as they traveled in separate vehicles down West Lake Mary Boulevard.

“And, of course, as you know,” Lafay said, “Mr. Zimmerman is no stranger to a ‘stand your ground’ situation.”

[…] Lafay asked Circuit Judge Debra S. Nelson not to make Apperson wear the monitor. In the two weeks since his release from jail, Apperson has “scrupulously” complied with court orders and stayed out of trouble, Lafay said.

But the judge ordered it anyway and told county officials to strap it on him “now.”

West said his client is willing to wear a companion device, hardware that would alert him if Apperson comes near him.

West said the shooting for Zimmerman was “a remarkably traumatic event.” A bullet passed within “inches of his head.”

...more at link
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... zimmerman/

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 7:36 pm 
ADMIN

Quote:
waltherppk says:
May 29, 2015 at 7:25 pm

A great many things that are recognized as being quite insanely implausible by a NORMAL RATIONAL PERSON seem perfectly plausible to mentally deranged people who are like cartoon character inhabitants of a bizarre, always puzzling world where THEIR “reality” is “flexible” and easily turned upside down as necessary for “explanation” to fit any situation where their actions are making them accountable. It is much too nuanced for nut cases to understand that plausible deniability in the form of an affirmative defense “explaining” their actions requires as an essential element that the “explanation” be PLAUSIBLE. That little “technicality” is a mountain too high to climb for people whose elevator doesn’t go all the way to the top.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 7:37 pm 
ADMIN

Not even CLOSE to same circumstance as GZ/TM

Rene is just being silly

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 8:58 pm 
ADMIN

From Court Carcher.com
http://www.courtchatter.com/#!matthew-a ... chive/c58c

Quote:
Matthew Apperson Hearing 5/29/2015

Matthew Apperson, accused of firing a gun at George Zimmerman on May 11, 2015, was arrested May 15. The day of the incident, Apperson’s lawyer said he had acted in self-defense. Apperson has been charged with one count each of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, aggravated battery with a deadly weapon, and firing a deadly missile into an occupied conveyance. He's currently out on a $35,000 bond. His next court appearance is June 23 in front of Judge Debra Nelson (same judge in Zimmerman case).

hearing

http://www.courtchatter.com/#!matthew-a ... 2015/c1d2c

Matthew Apperson Mad at Reporters 5/29
http://www.courtchatter.com/#!matthew-a ... rters/cqrp

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 8:59 pm 
ADMIN

OMG -- I forgot how dumb Debs looks

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 1:50 am 

So ..... something has me puzzled about Matty Apperson's proposed "Stand your Ground" defense. The very core of "Stand your Ground" relies on a REASONABLE BELIEF of imminent death or great bodily harm. How is a nutjob who was recently in a mental institution for paranoid delusions going to argue in favor of a REASONABLE BELIEF? It's mind boggling I tell you!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:40 pm 

Being able to see clearly through extremely dark tinted windows is really reasonable to believe as well............uh I don't think so nor do I believe any jury will believe such either. No normal person would consider shooting through a closed vehicle window unless the threat was so great it was their only choice, the distance between the vehicles and the fact either car could stop quickly and change course does not bode well for Apperson. I can not see how Zimmerman could be a imminent threat with his window rolled up and I have a feeling most, if not all jurist are going to think the same thing.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:55 pm 

Hi all ~

From PJMedia

"Such a defense would entitle Matthew Apperson to a hearing, ahead of his trial, during which a judge would decide if he deserves immunity from prosecution because he feared imminent death or bodily injury. Apperson was charged earlier this month with aggravated assault and battery for firing a gun into Zimmerman’s car during a traffic run-in. Zimmerman had minor injuries."

...more at link
http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2015/05/30/media-still-determined-to-get-george-zimmerman/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:00 pm 
ADMIN

From CTH.....

Prosecutors Charge Man Who Shot At George Zimmerman With “Attempted Murder”…
Posted on June 18, 2015 by sundance

Many people have previously wondered why Matthew Apperson was not charged with attempted murder. Today the State Attorney in Sanford Florida did just that.

SANFORD – Prosecutors today filed an attempted murder charge against Matthew Apperson, the Winter Springs man who shot at George Zimmerman last month.

On May 11 the 36-year-old Apperson fired one round from a .357-caliber handgun at Zimmerman as they drove in separate vehicles on Lake Mary Boulevard.

[…] After the shooting May 11, Lake Mary police Detective Michelle Hernandez wrote in her report, “It appears that Apperson has a fixation on Zimmerman.”

Apperson had been in a mental institution a few weeks prior, according to investigative records.

Today, the State Attorney’s Office in Sanford filed three charges against Apperson: attempted second-degree murder, aggravated assault with a firearm and shooting into an occupied vehicle.

If convicted he would face a minimum-mandatory sentence of 20 years in prison under Florida’s 10-20-life statute.

...more at link
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... ed-murder/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:05 pm 
ADMIN

This guy just looks like a common, regular Traybot to me.. the morons you see posting at true gossip forums and on twitter. It may well be some sort of mental condition, but many exhibited it BEFORE the GZ case and continue to show same symptoms when posting about cases since.
It should be classified as a certifiable condition.. or a crime in itself.
Traybotitis a good a name as any.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:35 pm 
ADMIN

Quote:
John Galt says:
June 18, 2015 at 9:32 pm

The Dylann Roof shooting changed the political situation. Apperson = lunatic white boy. Zimmerman = man of color. Note that Rene Stutzman refrains from describing Zimmerman as a “white Hispanic.” I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets promoted to Hispanic and then to Black Hispanic.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:30 pm 

I agree with John, who knows what he or anyone will be called now...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:21 am 

I have no clue as to why this wasn't the original charge and requiring gps monitoring from the git go. His bond should have been substantially more as well.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:23 pm 
ADMIN

I posted a little vid where Alan Dershowitz (talking about Dunn case) said attempted murder required a very difficult to achieve standard of proof... specific INTENT to murder, not just injure etc... so maybe the prosecutors did have some reason to be cautious until they were convinced they had the evidence?
It does seem to me (IANAL) that attempted murder charge is appropriate.. so glad they got there.

I have been VERY critical of prosecutors (eg Angela Corey) OVER charging cases.. I am glad to see prosecutors apparently making efforts to lay the CORRECT charges.

Good to go on attempted murder.. but I think the guy will be off to the looney bin, whatever the charges.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:01 am 
ADMIN

From CTH.....

Creepy Zimmerman Stalker Caught Peeing On Neighbors Door….
Posted on July 15, 2015 by sundance

“What mommy, time for the Black and Decker?” “well, ohkay, but can I have some more of those little marshmallows, first. You know how much I like those little marshmallows”…

WINTER SPRINGS, Fla. – Local 6 has exclusively learned there’s new trouble for the man accused of shooting at George Zimmerman.

Matthew Apperson is now facing a misdemeanor disorderly conduct charge, accused of urinating on his neighbor’s front porch. A new motion filed last week by the State Attorney’s Office asks a judge [Debra Nelson] to revoke his bond for his attempted murder charge.

“What caught my attention was he said, ‘F*** the police,’ and he just kept mumbling to himself,” said Tony Woods.

Woods was working in Apperson’s Winter Springs neighborhood a few weeks ago.

“Well, there’s somebody hungover from the night before, you know, no big deal. Then, he said ‘F*** you, too,’ continued Woods.

It’s what Woods said he saw Apperson do after the fact that alarmed him.

“I was totally taken aback when he was yelling at me and then he stopped and he was urinating on her door or her front porch. I couldn’t believe it,” said Woods. “Like, that’s his spot like he’s some kind of dog trying to mark his territory,” said
Woods.

…”Some of these voices call me sketchy, but I don’t have blue crayons. Look pretty they say, heck, I just wonder if he smells like ketchup. I like butterflies”…

...more at link
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... bors-door/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:03 am 
ADMIN

Marching Off To Bedlam - Napoleon XIV

Post subject: Move
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:41 pm 
ADMIN

Suspect in Zimmerman shooting returned to jail
By Rene Stutzman Staff Writer

SANFORD — A judge Friday morning ordered Matthew Apperson, the man accused of shooting at George Zimmerman, locked up.

Circuit Judge Debra S. Nelson ruled that because Apperson was charged with committing a new crime while free on bond — urinating on his neighbor's front door — he should be jailed.

Apperson is the former mental patient who allegedly shot at Zimmerman in May in a road-rage incident in Lake Mary.

...more at link
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/tra ... story.html

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next