It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1091 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:12 am 

Looks like i missed out on all the fun the past couple days.

Big boi & LW must be furious. :18

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:41 am 

About the tweets, I remember an April article but can't find it now which was written in such a way that chalked the tweets off as just a kid trying to act all wannabe and sex oriented in a way that fits in with many other teens. Something to that effect anyway. And it may be true that a lot of our kids come off that way, but it does lead to the idea that he was no shrinking violet in my opinion. Although I believe that it was in the same article his friends were quoted as saying he was not the type to fight but would rather run the other way. So who knows.

I think it's possible that even if he didn't have a tendency to fight he could have got mad that GZ was checking him out and could have jumped GZ. Although I still think that a fight ensued in which we may never know who jumped who and in a fight both people may feel fear for their lives.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:27 pm 
ADMIN

I think you are right Packy.

I would not condemn TM for any of the social media stuff etc.. but taken as a whole along with 53 days absent from school and THREE suspensions from school... this was clearly a "troubled" youth IMO. And it seems he was left alone unsupervised that evening at least.
None of that in itself is end of the world stuff... but I think it all goes to set the scene for this tragedy.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:36 pm 
ADMIN

spectator wrote:
Looks like i missed out on all the fun the past couple days.

Big boi & LW must be furious. :18

HELLO spectator - Welcome to RT :42

Glad you made it here

Yes... been some fun and frolics the last few days... as far as side issues go. :61

Read more in the DAILY DISCUSSION- Introduction thread.
http://randomtopics.org/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=63&p=15619#p15619

There are always overlaps... but I am trying to keep the GZ case separate from comments about other forums.
It's hard not to mention them... I do have to move my own posts sometimes.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:58 pm 
ADMIN

George Zimmerman's lawyers begin depositions, interview FDLE analysts
By Jeff Weiner and Rene Stutzman, Orlando Sentinel
11:43 a.m. EDT, September 28, 2012

George Zimmerman's defense attorneys have begun the process of deposing prosecution witnesses in the second-degree murder case he faces in the February shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

In a court notice filed in Seminole County on Thursday, Zimmerman attorney Mark O'Mara indicated that he had conducted depositions with several members of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement the previous day.

That includes an FDLE crime lab analyst who tested evidence in the case for DNA, including Zimmerman's gun, his flashlight, his holster and his and Trayvon's clothing.

The witnesses interviewed by O'Mara on Wednesday are likely the first of many.

...more at link
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/loc ... 3291.story

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:29 pm 

I am still on the fence about this case so just trying to stay up to date in case this goes to trial. I do not believe Judge Nelson will dismiss it but even if she does not it can go to appeal before a trial even takes place. Back to reading

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:58 pm 
ADMIN

It does look like self defence to me.

I appreciate that people can think up alternative descriptions of what happened... but for that to be presented as a CASE in court there needs to be some evidence. Since we have seen "most" of the State's evidence in discovery... I can not for the life of me see a case at all?

I agree with you... an Immunity Hearing should go in GZ's favour... but who knows... Lester should have recused himself when petitioned.... If immunity hearing goes against GZ... surely that will be overturned on appeal.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:07 pm 

packy wrote:
Although I believe that it was in the same article his friends were quoted as saying he was not the type to fight but would rather run the other way. So who knows.

Hi Packy, one of the things that irritates me about this unique case is the social suicide if one publicly claims anything negative about TM, It's just a horrible one sided affair.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:25 am 
ADMIN

rtmember wrote:
Wow...Trayvon was just a lost boy from the get-go. Not much hope for him anyhow. Thanks Rumpole.

I came across another link to the tweets. They were taken down but many places have posted them.
I hope these copies are considered as valid for evidence? or that some valid version still exists that O'Mara can subpoena.

The Daily Caller obtains Trayvon Martin’s tweets
Published: 6:25 PM 03/26/2012

The Daily Caller has obtained a compilation of the late Trayvon Martin’s tweets.

The social media scan, executed on PeopleBrowsr and supplied to TheDC by the individual who performed the search, contains tweets from the last month of Martin’s life, dating to the beginning of 2012.

Martin tweeted under the handle “NO_LIMIT_NIGGA,” an account that was closed shortly after his death.

The image attached to the Twitter account when Martin died matches one that has been widely distributed. That photograph of Martin depicts him smiling, gold-toothed, into a camera in front of an electronic dartboard.

TheDC is publishing these tweets in exactly the form it received them, with the sole exception of partially redacting Martin’s telephone number in one tweet.

Update: Shortly after TheDC published this archive Monday, Trayvon Martin’s account suddenly reappeared on Twitter. It was offline for at least one week.

Update, Tuesday, 12 noon: The Twitter account has been yet again disabled.

UPDATE 3/29/2012: TheDC has identified a second Twitter handle associated with Trayvon Martin. Writing under the name “T33ZY TAUGHT M3” in December, Martin tweeted: “Plzz shoot da #mf dat lied 2 u!”

...more at link
http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/26/the-daily-call

link to tweets
http://www.scribd.com/doc/86809463/Tray ... ily-Caller

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:30 pm 
ADMIN

Mark O'Mara examines Stand Your Ground law at gun rights conference
Last Updated: Saturday, September 29, 2012

ORLANDO --

Gun rights advocates got to hear from the man representing George Zimmerman.

Mark O'Mara spoke at a the Gun Rights Policy Conference in Orlando Saturday.

O'Mara began his lecture by explaining how he couldn't really talk about the case involving his client, but asked people to wait before they make up their mind because not all the facts are out.

O'Mara then focused on the use of force and laws that define it, including the Stand Your Ground law.

...more at link
http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cf ... mines.html

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:33 pm 
ADMIN

Zimmerman Case: O'Mara Explains Immunity/Self Defence (11-29-12) (cfnews13)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:16 pm 
ADMIN

O'Mara is saying that cases where you have the option to flee, but chose to SYG are rare… but even then use of force (up to lethal force) is “legal”.
In this case GZ did not have the option to flee.. so perhaps even more so he was entitled to use force (up to lethal force) to PREVENT serious injury to himself. In fact he had already sustained what I would define as serious injury, so it was not merely a judgement call of IF he would sustain serious injury.. he had already, and clearly more was sure to follow.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:14 am 

Rumpole wrote:
O'Mara is saying that cases where you have the option to flee, but chose to SYG are rare… but even then use of force (up to lethal force) is “legal”.
In this case GZ did not have the option to flee.. so perhaps even more so he was entitled to use force (up to lethal force) to PREVENT serious injury to himself. In fact he had already sustained what I would define as serious injury, so it was not merely a judgement call of IF he would sustain serious injury.. he had already, and clearly more was sure to follow.

You're right! He had already had several "bumps" to the head. All it takes is one to be fatal.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:54 pm 
ADMIN

George Zimmerman's lawyer: Plight of young black men isn't the issue
By Hal Boedeker Staff writer
7:32 p.m. EDT, September 29, 2012

Mark O'Mara, the attorney for George Zimmerman, talked to me for a story on media coverage of the Zimmerman-Trayvon Martin story.

We spoke Wednesday at his offices in downtown Orlando. We talked about the case, the coverage and his client, who is charged with second-degree murder in the death of Martin.

O'Mara became familiar to many in Central Florida for his analysis of the Casey Anthony case for WKMG-Channel 6. Here's an edited version of our conversation:

Q. What's your general impression so far of the media coverage of your client?

A. "It's the second Casey Anthony case. It it getting an enormous amount of coverage everywhere. Literally, I get calls from [the] BBC and other foreign stations and all the national media here and all the local. It is unfathomable to me how much coverage it was getting the first hour or the first 20 minutes that I was involved in the case. We literally had a crescent of 85, 90 reporters and 30 cameras here.

....snip.....

Q. Trayvon's family and the family attorneys repeated a message like a mantra: that Trayvon was armed only with Skittles and iced tea. Does George Zimmerman have a mantra?

A. "Don't forget that the Martin family and the Crump camp have a publicity team working with them. So they crafted and created their presentation. We don't have that same luxury. That's the way they have created the case, and they have been going around the country repeating what you call a mantra. Trayvon was 17 and he was unarmed and he only had Skittles. OK, that's relevant.
"But the reality is this case is supposed to be judged upon George’s belief, whether it was reasonable, that he was in fear of great bodily injury at Trayvon's hands. To that, we look at some of the evidence. That's what we need to focus on. To turn George into something he's not for an ulterior motive is frustrating."

...much more at link (3 page article)
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertai ... ory?page=2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:41 pm 
ADMIN

From CTH ... regarding Ping Logs

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... ent-207515

A person who does seem to know and post accurate info

Quote:
justfactsplz says:
September 30, 2012 at 5:50 pm

Pretty sickening for sure. I heard Mary was very distraught and needed something for her nerves that night. What a joke she is. By the way, the ping logs have been obtained and are in the proper hands but I do not know what they show. I have a feeling we will never see some of the evidence unless this goes to trial. I feel certain these phone pings are in George’s favor, otherwise the prosecution would have released them already.

BBM

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:10 pm 

http://daytonanewsjournal.fl.newsmemory.com/
Synthetic marijuana has been a bigger problem in Florida than bath salts, she said. And synthetic marijuana has been more popular with youth, she said.

Synthetic marijuana is actually worse than the original stuff because the synthetic version can be much more potent, she said.

''Its potency is, depending on the chemical, from 10 times the potency to hundreds of times the potency,'' Sollee said.

Possible reactions include agitation, increased heart rate, increased blood pressure and hallucinations, she said.

''You get a lot more exaggerated effect,'' Sollee said. ''What you normally expect for marijuana is amplified but you don't normally expect seizures to happen with marijuana or severe agitation, but you can see that with this stuff.'' There have also been some deaths in which synthetic marijuana was among the agents the person overdosed on, Sollee said.

I may be way off base, but I have a nagging feeling that TM smoked synthetic pot that night. If CTH is correct, TM had one of the 3 guys in the 7-11 video purchase a blunt for him. TM could have already purchased the synthetic stuff elsewhere that night or beforehand. It could explain why TM so violently attacked GZ and didn't stop even knowing there were onlookers. It didn't seem to faze him.

Another interesting aspect from the article:

Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi immediately banned compounds used for the synthetic drugs when she took office and is continuing to work on the issue, said Jenn Meale, communications director for State Attorney General Pam Bondi.

If it was proven TM smoked this stuff that night and was the cause of his violent behavior, I can see Bondi and others using it in their favor. Crump and team will still continue the narrative and say TM was just a kid experimenting like all "normal" kids and if GZ had STAYED IN HIS TRUCK the whole thing would have never happened.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:17 pm 
ADMIN

I read the discussion at CTH...

Yes it is a possibility, but lets not fall into the same trap as the Trayvon Zoners... it's a hypothesis. It needs to be tested against evidence... it is speculation at this stage.
There is a missing Tox Report not released yet, so the hypothesis can perhaps be tested

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:22 pm 

Your absolutely right, nothing more than a nagging suspicion. OMG, I really don't want to fall into Fantasyland aka JQ.

Where is that full tox report?!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:32 pm 
ADMIN

Full tox report not in discovery... yet.

Spoiler:
At the first sign of Trayvon Zonism you will be told to report to my office and assume the position

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:45 am 

If either the state or MOM has the ping logs, shouldn't they be released in discovery?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1091 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next