It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1091 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:35 pm 
ADMIN

Trevon Lacey’s family collects money to bury the dead 17-year-old
By Jen Horton
BEACON STAFF WRITER
posted Sep 24, 2012 - 8:47:11am

“Would you like to make a donation?” a woman asks, holding up what could have been an old pickle jar to a car window. “A young man died last night, and we’re trying to raise money for his mother.”

Trevon Lacey, 17, died after the Ford Expedition he was driving crashed into a parked semitrailer cab at 3:40 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 19, in the 1300 block of South Adelle Avenue. DeLand police said Trevon was fleeing after an attempted traffic stop.

The following morning, the women of his family had banded together to help ease the burden of his death financially, while sharing the burden on their hearts.

As cars came to a stop at the intersection in Southwest DeLand where they were standing, the ladies asked the people in each car to donate money to pay to bury a child they had much loved.

...... for more google the story

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:58 pm 
ADMIN

Robert Zimmerman Discusses His Brother And The Trayvon Martin Case
Posted: Sep 25, 2012 3:37 AM Updated: Sep 25, 2012 4:48 AM

Robert Zimmerman comprised an official letter of condolence for Trayvon Martin's family and the public to view:
Quote:
"I must begin by stating that the only persons qualified or authorized to speak on matters regarding the legal proceedings involving my brother, George Zimmerman, are his attorneys - they are the only ones who will speak on his behalf. My words are based on my recollection and are my attempt to illustrate the original sentiments of my parents, my sister, and myself at the time of the incident. This statement must not be abbreviated, nor my words modified or edited in any way. Furthermore, these words are not, nor should they be interpreted as, a statement made on George's behalf.

The time has come for all to know the truth about our feelings immediately after Trayvon's passing.

Due to countless developments and complications beyond our control it was not possible to individually address Mr. Tracy Martin, Ms. Sybrina Fulton, or Mr. Jehvaris Fulton in a private setting to express our sympathy or to offer them words of comfort in the days immediately following February 26.

If there had been an opportunity immediately following Trayvon's passing for his family to hear from the members of the Zimmerman family they have not yet heard from, we would have expressed our condolences on the loss of their son and brother.

The truth is that we would never take comfort in the knowledge that any human being had passed away no matter what the circumstances surrounding their death may be. From the first moment we knew what had transpired we were deeply aggrieved and in keeping with the teachings of our faith we prayed for the departed.

Our family values compel us to seek peace and reconciliation within ourselves and to extend these virtues to others. As Trayvon's family remembers him, I would want them to know that at that time each of us prayed for him and each of us in our own way remembered him as well.
Moving forward, I pray they find the peace of the Holy Spirit and that it illuminates their hearts."

Robert Zimmerman Jr.

....more at link
http://www.myfoxla.com/story/19623255/r ... L1.twitter#ixzz27PlXMS2h

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:02 pm 
ADMIN

Zimmerman's Brother Discusses the case (KTTV)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:39 pm 
ADMIN

20 Of Trayvon Martin’s Tweets That Stand Out (Language Warning)
Written By : John Hawkins
March 27, 2012

...snip....
Trayvon Martin’s Twitter account, which was deleted after his death, no doubt because it made him look perfectly awful, has now surfaced. What follows is a more current picture of Trayvon Martin and 20 of his tweets that stuck out. Under normal circumstances, these tweets wouldn’t be all that important, but given the media narrative, which is that Martin was a harmless little cherub who was pursued and killed for no other reason than because he was black, it’s worth noting that there might be a lot more to the story.

That story starts with the name of his Twitter account, “No_Limit_N*gga” (I put an asterisk in there that’s not in the actual name to keep it from showing up in search engines). The tweets come courtesy of the Daily Caller.

Having read through all 150 pages, most of them seem to be Trayvon chatting with his friends and talking about women. The tweets and retweets don’t reference any gang activity, don’t seem to be violent, or talk up criminal activity other than drug use. On the other hand, Martin does make a number of references to drugs and he has a very misogynistic attitude, which, in all fairness, wouldn’t seem to have a lot of relevance to the confrontation between him and George Zimmerman. As to the significance of these Tweets, many of which are retweets that apparently caught Trayvon’s eye, and the picture they paint, you can decide for yourself.

http://www.rightwingnews.com/10-random- ... e-warning/

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:37 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
Robert Zimmerman Discusses His Brother And The Trayvon Martin Case
Posted: Sep 25, 2012 3:37 AM Updated: Sep 25, 2012 4:48 AM

Robert Zimmerman comprised an official letter of condolence for Trayvon Martin's family and the public to view:
....more at link
http://www.myfoxla.com/story/19623255/r ... L1.twitter#ixzz27PlXMS2h

What a beautiful and wonderful letter! It is further proof of what an upstanding, responsible, and constructive family that is the Zimmermans. Every member of that family, so far, have shown themselves to have good and decent hearts. The Zimmermans appear to be a very admirable family. The death of Trayvon Martin is a tragedy. But it is also a tragedy that every member of the Zimmerman family is enduring persecution that I thought was unheard of in this country. The political machinations interfering with the pursuit of justice in this case is very dangerous, politicians pulling strings interfering with our justice system. I never thought I would ever see such as this in our country. I had thought railroading like this case only happened in third world dictatorships. I never dreamed I'd live to see a lynchmob like this against law-abiding, responsible, constructive members of society in my lifetime in my country, the United States of America.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:14 pm 
ADMIN

Yes. The letter seems to express genuine condolences to me. Succinct and sincere. :32

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:07 pm 
ADMIN

Sorry a few more posts moved to Daily Discourse/Introduction :24

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:59 pm 
ADMIN

Good summary of the case at CTH

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... ent-204501

Quote:
Chip Bennett says:
September 25, 2012 at 3:46 pm

I am tired of discussing and debating inconsequential, immaterial, and irrelevant minutiae regarding the Zimmerman-Martin case. I think I’m going to start listing what I perceive to be the material evidence and testimony in the Zimmerman-Martin case, and ask would-be trolls, drive-by commenters, and agents provocateur to answer before engaging further. To wit:

FACT: Zimmerman had a legal right to be inside and outside his vehicle, at all times on the night in question
FACT: Zimmerman attempting to follow Martin is likewise not inherently illegal. (Further, doing so does not legally constitute “stalking”, under any circumstance)
FACT: Martin attempted to elude Zimmerman before Zimmerman ever got out of his vehicle
FACT: Martin successfully eluded Zimmerman
FACT: After successfully eluding Zimmerman, Martin reached the vicinity of Brandi Green’s home
FACT: Martin refused to continue running, and refused to go inside Brandi Green’s home. (These facts clearly imply a lack of fear on Martin’s part.)
FACT: Martin verbally accosted Zimmerman, not the other way around
FACT: Martin broke Zimmerman’s nose
FACT: Martin was on top of Zimmerman, beating Zimmerman
FACT: Zimmerman made attempts to escape, but was prevented from doing so by Martin
FACT: Zimmerman’s head/face was 45% covered in his own blood
FACT: Zimmerman had lacerations on the back of his head
FACT: Zimmerman had swelling of the head, bruising, and black eyes
FACT: No witness ever saw Zimmerman on top of Martin during the physical altercation
FACT: Martin’s only injuries were to his knuckles, and the gunshot wound to his chest

FACT: Absent contradictory evidence, the above facts clearly exonerate Zimmerman. He has an open-and-shut claim of justified use of lethal force in self-defense, both to end the commission of a felony aggravated battery, and due to reasonable fear of imminent risk to life or bodily injury.

Side Note #1: None of the above facts rely on Zimmerman’s testimony
Side Note #2: The self-defense claim supported by these facts does not rely on the Stand-Your-Ground statute

Now, my question:

What evidence does the State have, that would refute any of the above facts, or that would otherwise sway the preponderance of evidence away from Zimmerman’s self-defense claim, and toward the State’s allegation of second-degree murder?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:00 am 
ADMIN

George Zimmerman judge schedules hearing on Trayvon's school records
By Rene Stutzman, Orlando Sentinel
3:50 p.m. EDT, September 25, 2012

A Sanford judge has set an Oct. 19 hearing so that George Zimmerman's lawyer and prosecutors can argue over what to do about Trayvon Martin's school records.

Trayvon is the unarmed black 17-year-old whom Zimmerman fatally shot Feb. 26 in Sanford.

Earlier this month defense attorney Mark O'Mara issued subpoenas for the school records, making clear that he wants to look at Trayvon's disciplinary records, attendance, test scores and other information.

Assistant State Attorney Bernie de la Rionda accused O'Mara of trying to start a media feeding frenzy – he used the phrase "chum the waters" – with that request.

Trayvon's school records have become a contentious issue because police reported that he was in Sanford the night he was shot – and not in high school in Miami-Dade – because he'd been suspended for 10 days after officials found him with an empty marijuana baggie.

....more at link
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/loc ... 6343.story

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:20 pm 

Your link also had the gallery of pictures. Some I had not seen before.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:20 pm 

Great second radio interview with George's brother out of LA

You must listen.

http://www.kfiam640.com/cc-common/podca ... 2_1705.mp3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:35 pm 
ADMIN

Thanks Taurus... I just finished listening to it.

My overall thought is that it will play well to one "side"... but be treated with contempt by the other.

The interviewer was fair, even though he clearly has some of the misconceptions still that came with the contrived narrative on this case.

The most obvious... he thought GZ got out of his car after being told not to. That is simply incorrect. But it's a myth that persists.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:43 pm 

Does treehouse have the link yet? I'm not a member there so I can't post it there.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:48 pm 

Have they removed Trayvon's tweets? I went there and they say there are zero tweets with 45 followers and 1 (me?) following.

"Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honour the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour." Leviticus 19:15

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:00 pm 
ADMIN

I think Trayvon's tweets went a long time ago... several places post copies of them.

I posted a link to top 20

Just a few posts back... link is slow.. but still works for me.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:14 pm 

That's the link I used and you just posted that 2 days ago. I did insert the "i" and the page came right up. But it said it had zero tweets. What are you seeing there? How many tweets?

"Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honour the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour." Leviticus 19:15

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:22 pm 
ADMIN

20 Of Trayvon Martin’s Tweets That Stand Out (Language Warning)
Written By : John Hawkins
March 27, 2012

...snip....
Trayvon Martin’s Twitter account, which was deleted after his death, no doubt because it made him look perfectly awful, has now surfaced. What follows is a more current picture of Trayvon Martin and 20 of his tweets that stuck out. Under normal circumstances, these tweets wouldn’t be all that important, but given the media narrative, which is that Martin was a harmless little cherub who was pursued and killed for no other reason than because he was black, it’s worth noting that there might be a lot more to the story.

That story starts with the name of his Twitter account, “No_Limit_N*gga” (I put an asterisk in there that’s not in the actual name to keep it from showing up in search engines). The tweets come courtesy of the Daily Caller.

Having read through all 150 pages, most of them seem to be Trayvon chatting with his friends and talking about women. The tweets and retweets don’t reference any gang activity, don’t seem to be violent, or talk up criminal activity other than drug use. On the other hand, Martin does make a number of references to drugs and he has a very misogynistic attitude, which, in all fairness, wouldn’t seem to have a lot of relevance to the confrontation between him and George Zimmerman. As to the significance of these Tweets, many of which are retweets that apparently caught Trayvon’s eye, and the picture they paint, you can decide for yourself.

http://www.rightwingnews.com/10-random- ... e-warning/

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:59 pm 

Wow...Trayvon was just a lost boy from the get-go. Not much hope for him anyhow. Thanks Rumpole.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:14 pm 
ADMIN

I would NOT say he was a hopeless case.. by any means.. but possibly heading that way. Intervention was overdue.. and he was not getting it from his variable "parents"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:08 am 
ADMIN

More clarification from waltherppk on ping logs

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... ent-205534

Quote:
waltherppk says:
September 27, 2012 at 3:00 am

Ping logs typically provide an accurate GPS position within 10 meters or in some cases even a few feet and people have been buried by avalanches and precisely located by pings for rescue even in remote areas. Ping logs show connection times for calls exact to the second, not rounded to the minute as for phone bills. Phone bills can be associated with different physical phones through SIM cards but ping logs are associated with the MAC address embedded like a VIN that is the unique identifier for that phone regardless of what account association or billing record is associated with that phone through a swappable SIM card. Ping logs give the exacting information regarding the use of that physical phone being pinged as a secure communication which is a conclusive record of the activity of that phone when and where, regadless of by whom or what account was billed. Depending on the updating protocol for change in GPS and the refresh rate for the ping it is possible that the pedestrian movements of both Zimmerman and Martin were tracked accurately not only during the times which they were on their phones, but even while the phones were not in active use but were OFF.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1091 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next