It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 3:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1091 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 55  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:52 pm 
ADMIN

Trayvon Martin shooter charged with Murder
By Amy Wimmer Schwarb and Tom Brown
JACKSONVILLE/SANFORD, Florida | Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:50pm EDT

(Reuters) - A special prosecutor in Florida charged neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman with second-degree murder on Wednesday in the shooting death of unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin - a move that protesters had been demanding for weeks in the racially charged case.

....more at link
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/ ... ews&rpc=71

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:57 pm 
ADMIN

It seems to me there are already POLAR opinions on this case.

So.. Expect two distinct opinions and heated debate..

Personally... I am waiting to see the evidence....

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:56 am 

I've come to think Trayvon likely instigated the fight and was actually shot in the struggle and fear of life. No profiling was a part of it like Investigator Gilbreath noted in the affidavit.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:18 pm 
ADMIN

Documents released in George Zimmerman case
Updated: Monday, 23 Apr 2012, 3:57 PM EDT

SEMINOLE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - Just hours after George Zimmerman walked out of the Seminole County jail $150,000 bail, the court unsealed several documents. (see below for documents)
Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester issued an order to unseal several documents. According to one of the documents released Monday, Zimmerman's arraignment was pushed forward from May 29 to May 8.
Zimmerman's location is being kept a secret for his safety and could be outside the state of Florida.

Read more: http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/trayvon_martin/042312-documents-released-in-george-zimmerman-case#ixzz1stepC4a4
(Scroll Down for Links to the documents)

(From Fox "Kelly's Court" - Legal panel weighs in)
Video at link
http://video.foxnews.com/v/1579330617001/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:30 pm 
ADMIN

Yes... done Do you want an extra sub forum? for say Important links...No Discussion?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:35 pm 
ADMIN

New thread... please put what YOU think is important there... I am not totally immersed in this case...yet.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:20 pm 

A Dr. on the Dr. Drew show, said something about RECOIL of a gun, might have done the damage to George Zimmerman's head.
I have to look up "recoil" (of a gun).
They were wrestling on the ground. The gun might have been 5" away from Zimmerman's nose, for all we know. Normally, it is kind of at arm's length?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:54 pm 

Very interesting. Have finally found my way here. I don't know enough to make an intelligent comment yet. Was just reading about the recoil that joni mentioned. Have read so much one sided info that I need to rethink what I really think!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:59 pm 
ADMIN

jaquey wrote:
Very interesting. Have finally found my way here. I don't know enough to make an intelligent comment yet. Was just reading about the recoil that joni mentioned. Have read so much one sided info that I need to rethink what I really think!!!

Hello jaquey... and welcome to Random Topics.

:92

Take your time and look around.. these type of forums can be confusing to start :40

I'm still learning about this case too... just know enough to realise there are TWO distinct opinions.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:04 pm 

JAQUEY? YOU ARE HERE!!!! Now, where am I? OH this is too funny. :)
I know there are some very, very vocal people, even ANGRY if we don't agree with them, at other places.
Or if we pose a different point of view. Wow ... short fuses - attacks!!
They seem to have made up their minds already. I have not. Since one is gone, (Trayvon) and only 1 can speak, (Zimmerman)
I guess it will depend on forensics and eye witnesses then? NONE of this would have happened if Zimmerman did what he was told ..."You don't have to follow him - they are on their way." As he shot him, the police were coming in the front entrance. How sad. I think Trayvon was 17, for only 3 weeks.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:08 pm 
ADMIN

I expect people to disagree... that is fine.... so long as people are not DISAGREEABLE :24

I doubt there will ever be a consensus or a blinding flash moment when all agree one way or the other.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:12 pm 

I am not sure but it looks to me, like there are 2 divisions.
One seems to be Zimmerman was the stalker. He followed him first by car, then when Trayvon took the path to the back of his home, shorter path, (cement walkway) Zimmerman's car couldn't go there, so he followed on foot! This must have scared Trayvon... how could he know who this determined stalker was?
The other half I believe are of the thinking 'WHO THREW THE FIRST PUNCH? THEY ARE THE AGRESSOR."
Then, there is the law Stand Your Ground. WHAT A MESS this is.
I rescued a girl once from a stalker. She was standing on the middle line of this commercial road on a Sunday (all business' closed) waving frantically! I backed up to ask here what was wrong. Anyhow, not only was he following her, he would park in some of the driveways, waiting for her. Back and forth, both directions. He was playing "cat and mouse". She freaked out when she started telling me "HE GOT OUT OF THE CAR!!"
That is what happened to Trayvon too, Zimmerman was SO determined "HE GOT OUT OF THE CAR!" That is what must have been soooo scary to both of them. This promises to be a huge trial. Many issues...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:03 pm 

Hello! :42
I feel so sorry for Trayvon and his family.
I wonder what happened when Z. said "What are you doing here?" And what did Trayvon say? Did he question him - like "WHO are you?"
I also wonder what was being said or done to him to make him half scream in horror like that? Was he looking down the barrel of a gun, knew he was going to die by the look on Z.'s face or something? What a horrific plea for help. Scary.
Hi from Lilly. :6

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:10 pm 

Let's hope forensics and honest eye witnesses will show us and especially the JURY - the truth of exactly what happened to Trayvon.
Enough with Circus' like the Anthony case. :18 (Who does that remind you of?) What a disgrace that was! :45 I hope we NEVER see anything like that AGAIN!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:56 am 

I agree Z needs help emotionally but I am not convinced he started the altercation that ended with TM dead.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:51 am 

It doesn't seem right that a judge would have the righ to dictate how that money was to be used. Did he have that amount built up at the time of the bond hearing I wonder. If not then they should forget it.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:31 am 

I have not been following this as close as I wanted to. Thanks for all the posts so I can catch up. I guess my concern is this will become another KA mess! :95 With Z's record
why was he able to even get a permit for a gun or even be able to buy a gun!!!!
So many lives changed because of Z's anger, IMO

RIP Trayvon :32

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:42 am 

About the uncovered old myspace pages and whatever else they have, I read somewhere that in fairness Trayvon's old stuff should be made public and that it wouldn't be so good for his family. I believe it was O'mara who said it and was he addressing the media solely or not I don't know. But the media seems to lean one.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:28 pm 

Interesting that an eye witness saw a "portion" of the fight. Who knows where he came in on it?
1/3 into it? 1/5? Half way through?
Some think none of that matters. Trayvon was standing his ground. HE was being threatened, or felt that way especially when the chase continued on "foot". What could one think?
This was such a senseless killing. WHY didn't Zimmerman stay in his truck? The Police were on the way? He couldn't have been "in fear". He had a gun.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 3:17 pm 
ADMIN

There is a LOT of heated debate about this case around all True Crime sites.
The two polar opposite opinions often leading to PERSONAL attacks to a varying degree... lots of bad feeling and even the odd banning :13

I hope we can avoid that here.

It seems to me.... NOBODY on either side denies that the Death of Trayvon was a huge tragedy.
(It can not be undone)

The "Argument" really comes down to what should be done to Zimmerman now.

On the one hand try and convict him for murder...

On the other hand release him if it was a "self defence" type situation.

It seems that anything between those two extremes would not be welcomed by EITHER side.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1091 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 55  Next