It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:32 pm 

seeing_eye wrote:
Let me just say that during her commentaries, if someone cited evidence that proved to be black, she would insist that it still looked white to her. She didn't strike me to be very intelligent. I hope I'm wrong.

She is an extremely good defense attorney. I use to love watching her in trial whenever I could. I would have never wanted to be questioned by her as a witness for the prosecution in a criminal trial.

I thought her commentary on TV was very good. She was commenting as a defense attorney. She has always been an advocate for defendants. People on the prosecution side wouldn't care for her commentaries, that's for sure. :stamp

Last edited by murderbythebook on Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:34 pm 
ADMIN

Thanks MBTB... that is one vote for... one against... should I start a poll? :D

I just hope she does a good job for George. I would rather NEITHER side tried the case in the media... but having said that then if one side is putting out a narrative it does need to be countered. Look at the nonsense that was put out prior to the murder trial... and the Traybot Worriers are STILL imprinted.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:38 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
Thanks MBTB... that is one vote for... one against... should I start a poll? :D

Sure, but remember she is a defense attorney. I personally saw her in action. She is really a pistol in trial.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:26 pm 

murderbythebook wrote:
She is an extremely good defense attorney. I use to love watching her in trial whenever I could. I would have never wanted to be questioned by her as a witness for the prosecution in a criminal trial.

I thought her commentary on TV was very good. She was commenting as a defense attorney. She has always been an advocate for defendants. People on the prosecution side wouldn't care for her commentaries, that's for sure. :stamp

I was always on the prosecution side, so that's probably why I didn't like her. I've never seen her in court, so I sure hope you're right about her performance. Zimmerman certainly needs good counsel, especially with so many hoping for his head.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:46 pm 
ADMIN

Now you come to mention it... I guess a lot of forum posting is about cases where a lot (most) people are on "the prosecution side" :)
Usually there is a a "bad perp" that people want to see punished... and in most cases that is true, but......

..... thinking back.... some of the "trouble" I have had at forums is when trying to swim against the tide.... stand up to the "lynch mob" :cool

That was the situation with the GZ-TM case... I was very much on the DEFENCE side. I would hope that when I post people will realise I am not necessarily a "supporter" of the defendant (though I was in GZ case)... but I am keen to see that EVIDENCE proves guilt. I guess as my namesake "Rumpole of the Bailey" opines... I do see the presumption of innocence as a "Golden Thread" that runs through British (US) justice. I am of course very happy to see bad people found guilty... but it DOES have to be proven beyond reasonable doubt, and THAT is quite a high standard that many people lose sight of IMO.

( BTW.. "Rumpole" is ALWAYS on the side of the defence... he is a defence lawyer who claims he would NEVER advise a client to plead guilty.)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:56 pm 
ADMIN

Search in George Zimmerman case turns up weapons, ammunition
From John Couwels, CNN
November 25, 2013 -- Updated 2342 GMT (0742 HKT)

(CNN) -- A recent search of the home of George Zimmerman's girlfriend uncovered five weapons, including an AR-15, and more than 100 rounds of ammunition, court documents filed Monday show.
[...]
A search of the home turned up three handguns, a 12-gauge shotgun, a rifle and 106 rounds of ammunition, including two AR-15 magazines, according to a search warrant.

Three handgun holsters, a pack of gum, a religious pendant, a flashlight, a pocket knife, sanitizing wipe, a soft-sided gun case and a combination lock were also recovered during the search.

At the time of his arrest, Zimmerman had two cell phones. An affidavit, filed Monday, says he told authorities he recorded the altercation with his girlfriend on his cell phone.

...more at link
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/11/25/us/fl ... index.html

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:05 pm 

George stated that the girlfriend also owned firearms that were in the house. Did they confiscate hers too, I wonder?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:07 pm 
ADMIN

I am guessing the weapons listed are all that were there... maybe one or more of the handguns belonged to Scheibe. :40

BTW... doncha just love the headline " Search turns up weapons....." as if this was some sort of secret arms cache :D

what next... search of Zimmerman fridge reveals milk past use-by date? :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:00 am 

Typical media spin ... to which we're accustomed.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:03 am 
ADMIN

Yes :)

Shame though, that some people don't read past the headline even :(

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:07 am 

seeing_eye wrote:
I was always on the prosecution side, so that's probably why I didn't like her. I've never seen her in court, so I sure hope you're right about her performance. Zimmerman certainly needs good counsel, especially with so many hoping for his head.

Quoting my own post because on second thought I don't believe I formed my opinion of Weintraub simply because she's a defense attorney. Being a defense attorney can't be the reason because I have a lot of respect for several defense attorneys. I greatly admire Mark Eiglarsh, Mark Nejame, and Mark O'Mara (hmm, why all the "Marks"?). I also really like Don West. I'm sure there are others I just can't recall right now. No, I think I don't like Weintraub because of her behavior, attitude, and commentary on TV. If I ever watch her in action in a trial, I may change my mind.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:53 am 

CNN is saying that George recorded the incident on his phone and told the police about it. Now if he did anything wrong, why would he point out to the police that he recorded it?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:37 pm 
ADMIN

I wonder if GZ just meant the 911 call he made?

Taking up on the point about misleading headlines... TMZ have Deputies Find Gun STOCKPILE :wall

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:58 pm 
ADMIN

The search warrant

Includes affidavit and receipt for items seized - PDF 6 pages

http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Rel ... turned.pdf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:52 pm 
ADMIN

Deputies find five guns in George Zimmerman's bag, search warrant reveals
By Rene Stutzman and Jeff Weiner, Orlando Sentinel
11:06 a.m. EST, November 26, 2013

[...]
He says he did nothing illegal and has entered a written plea of not guilty. His attorney, Jayne Weintraub, was not available for comment.

According to the search warrant, Zimmerman talked to deputies after he was taken into custody. He told them that he and Scheibe had lived together since Aug. 23, that she was pregnant with his child and that they had agreed earlier that day to separate.

He said his plan was to move to Texas, according to the warrant.

He told deputies that as he was packing, Scheibe began to throw his belongings around the house, including two of his guns, the shotgun and one of the handguns.

In a recorded phone call with a dispatcher, he said he had not pointed a gun at her. He told deputies in his face-to-face interview that he had not touched or pushed her, according to the warrant.

He also told deputies that he had recorded the argument on his cell phone. Deputies seized two, a black Apple iPhone and a Blackberry.

But his claim of having recorded what happened does not mesh with paperwork filed by his lawyer last week. In it, Zimmerman asked for the return of both of those phones, alleging they had no evidence related to the case.

...more at link
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/loc ... 7266.story

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:31 am 

From what I have heard Jayne Weintraub isn't the type who would allow Natty Jackson and Crumpsters renewed accusations go unchallenged. When it was announced Weintraub was representing george Natty's twitter rhetoric slowed down quite a bit.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:33 am 
ADMIN

George Zimmerman abused by Girlfriend. Never trust a Gold Digger!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:31 pm 

Who is pokerfacetodd? He has a good point (they both have a right to be in the house) and a bad point the police had no probable cause to arrest and get a search warrant. The reason they needed a search warrant was because both lived there. Even though the victim would have let them in (I presume so because she would want them to get the guns). George lived there too and they would need his permission to search. Hence, since he was arrested, police can't go in that house to search with just his word, even if it is in writing. The police want to be sure the search can't be thrown out in court.

Also they needed that gun the victim accused him of pointing at her for trial. They probably took the other guns for safe keeping.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:32 pm 

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/11/25/george-zimmermans-new-attorney-thinks-her-clien/197050

George Zimmerman's New Attorney Thinks Her Client Is A Racist And Stand Your Ground Is An "Awful Law"

During a July 2 appearance on Morgan's show, Weintraub said of Zimmerman's actions on the night of Martin's death, "Should he not have had a gun? Of course he shouldn't have had a gun. I don't think anyone should." Weintraub also called Zimmerman, who at the time of the Martin shooting was a neighborhood watch volunteer, a "wannabe cop" but suggested he was nonetheless innocent of criminal liability.

While the trial was ongoing, Weintraub tweeted that she believed both Zimmerman and Martin were "racists".

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:18 pm 

kingkazpur wrote:
From what I have heard Jayne Weintraub isn't the type who would allow Natty Jackson and Crumpsters renewed accusations go unchallenged. When it was announced Weintraub was representing george Natty's twitter rhetoric slowed down quite a bit.

I agree with this. She is not MoM in that regard.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next