It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:46 am 

Rumpole wrote:
Yes :)
The twitter sewer has been erupting with splody heads today... I imagine Piers' pointy head is splody too? :Q37

I won't know until someone mentions it on Twitter...I may have to re-invest in another boob tube....but if I do, I'll be :smoke :22 :neener the one with the splody head lmao.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:52 am 

:28 Hoping everyone is doing well! What concerns me is that she said he choked her, and that's one thing the Judge took in consideration with at the bail hearing. I say pretty smart on Geo lawyer jumping on writing the motion. SHE came to Geo lawyer. Fishy fishy. Hoping that Geo has learned something. Also just because the order says Geo wants modification, does not mean he wants to be with her. Jmho :Gslap

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:55 am 

renewsit wrote:
I won't know until someone mentions it on Twitter...I may have to re-invest in another boob tube....but if I do, I'll be :smoke :22 :neener the one with the splody head lmao.

:84 hey go to OS or Click Orlando and get text alerts, that's what I do, and lmbo you get text when they post article :lol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:04 am 
ADMIN

Or... check in here at RT...... always get the news here first :cool

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:15 am 

Don't go back to her, George!

It's a trap!

On the other hand, maybe it would be best if it went to trial and the lack of evidence was presented for all the world to see if there is indeed a lack of evidence.

Maybe little things like broken glass in the heel of the shotgun bag and not the gun itself, indicating the gun wasn't out when the table was broken. Stuff like that.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:30 am 
ADMIN

I take your point, but.......

Presenting evidence and a demonstrating a COMPLETE lack of evidence from the prosecution made absolutely no difference to delusions that Traybot Worriers hold in regards the Murder trial.

IMPRINTING is for life ya know :)

ImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:37 am 

renewsit wrote:
Don't underestimate Jayne Weintraub...she is despicable, but she's not stupid. I think the setup may be in places other than where he keeps his golden, how you say, mallet. JS

I have been wondering if Jayne is trying to teach George how to reverse a set up....... and to show someone like Sammi for who she really is. I'm sure she has dealt with women like Sammi alot in her career and she seems like the type of lawyer who would fight fire with fire.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:22 am 

Looks like the soap opera is just getting started.

According to Christi O’Connor, there's supposedly another "other woman" and Samantha is just now finding out about her.

http://zimmermanverdict.net/did-george- ... his-woman/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:02 pm 
ADMIN

Thanks unitron...

For those old enough to remember... this is getting to be like "Peyton Place" :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:09 pm 
ADMIN

Zimmerman's Girlfriend's Typical Domestic Violence Plea: Drop Charges
December 10, 2013

George Zimmerman’s girlfriend, Samantha Scheibe, is acting in a manner that is typical of many domestic violence victims. As a staunch advocate for victims of domestic violence, a celebrity partner with the National Domestic Violence Hotline, as well as, Safe Passages, I know all too well the stories of victims like Samantha Scheibe who desire to withdraw their statements of abuse against the perpetrator. The victim longs for the abuser to step back into her life and fill a void that she may or may not acknowledge exists.

....more at link
http://www.examiner.com/article/zimmerm ... op-charges

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:16 pm 
ADMIN

This to me is more of the "Alyce La Violette" type psychobabble.

It really does a DIS-service to real victims of domestic violence... women "trapped" in a relationship involving escalating violence.. that all too often ends in serious injury and even death. These so called "experts" on DV who pay lip service to helping sufferers... should know better that to continually "cry wolf".

It is NOT applicable in the Jodi Arias case... and IMO neither is it applicable in this case .... Samantha Scheibe made stuff up... if anything her (and her mothers) manipulation of events and psychological pressure on George might be questioned, rather than violence from George.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:17 pm 
ADMIN

The Alan Parsons Project- Psychobabble

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:54 pm 

unitron wrote:
Looks like the soap opera is just getting started.

According to Christi O’Connor, there's supposedly another "other woman" and Samantha is just now finding out about her.

http://zimmermanverdict.net/did-george- ... his-woman/

Ya know, this may sound odd or far fetched but, it seems to me Christi has her hands in everything George. Is it too far fetched to think, she is actually paying these women to create stories so that she can write and sell her book?

She knows about the Shellie incident prior to the media

She knows about the Samantha incident almost immediately

She knows of this new girlfriend long before anyone else does.

And in both the Shellie and the new girlfriend cases, she has screen shots of text messages etc, that George supposedly sent. Something is fishy about her role in all of this. What's in it for her besides a book?

BTW, how does she know Samantha is finding out about this new girlfriend by reading her blog?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:14 pm 

Mark Eiglash weighs in...

Quote:
With the latest development in the case, I feel confident substituting "probably" for "definitely." I am certain that Zimmerman will "definitely" avoid conviction on the current charges.

The latest development is that the alleged victim, Zimmerman's girlfriend Samantha Scheibe, claims that he is innocent and wants to get back together with him. While she initially called police to claim passionately that he was breaking her belongings and that he had pointed a gun at her in a threatening manner, she now claims that she was "misinterpreted by police." She further claims in an affidavit submitted to the court requesting that Zimmerman's bond conditions be altered to permit contact between the two, that when she was being questioned by the police, she "felt very intimidated" and that she may have "misspoken about certain facts" in her statement to police. She now specifically swears that Zimmerman "never pointed a gun at or toward my face in a threatening manner" and that "I want to be with George."

Of course her latest sworn testimony differs greatly from what she told the 911 dispatcher on the day of the incident: "He's in my house, breaking all my s--- because I asked him to leave. He's got a freaking gun, breaking all my stuff right now."

Again, let me make clear, I have no idea if Zimmerman is actually innocent. He may have done exactly what the alleged victim initially alleged. He also may have been initially framed like the Mona Lisa. Also, I have no feelings for or against Zimmerman. I am simply analyzing this case based upon my over two decades as a litigator and based on the facts as I understand them.

As I indicated on November 19th, prosecutors can't expect to prove this case by simply showing that Zimmerman "most likely" or "probably" or "100% definitely maybe" pointed his gun at the alleged victim. Rather, they would have to have such significant evidence that they tip the scales of justice to the highest burden under the law. In doing so, they must rely, almost exclusively, on what the alleged victim is telling them. Even without all the evidence that will invariably be elicited on cross examination showing her initial alleged bias, motive and interest, prosecutors have an almost impossible task. Under these types of circumstances, jurors typically require more than simply the word of one witness/victim.

In my experience, an alleged victim, especially a spouse and/or girlfriend, changing their tune a short time after an arrest for domestic violence related offenses is not uncommon. Prosecutors don't automatically drop charges simply because the alleged victim chooses to change her story. On the contrary, in this case, the prosecutor will probably remind the alleged victim that the case is entitled, "State of Florida vs. George Zimmerman" and not "Samantha Scheibe vs. George Zimmerman." Therefore, she will be told that she is a mere witness in their case against Zimmerman.

The problem is that prosecutors don't have any significant evidence to prove this case other than her testimony. Because her testimony is now clearly not credible, at best, they cannot proceed. Their chances of success are so low, so remote, it approaches almost no real value. Like it or not, I am confident announcing that George Zimmerman will definitely avoid conviction for his latest contact with the law.

http://www.floridacriminaldefenselawyer ... inite.html

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:24 pm 
ADMIN

Thanks, Froggie...

Mark Eiglash... is correct.... he must be.... he agrees with me :cool

I am sure he knows the legal procedure far better than me... I hope he is correct in suggesting that the prosecution "cannot proceed". It would be silly to drag this farce out any longer. I can't see it even makes sense to wait until next set hearing date (Jan 7th)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:47 pm 

What I like about Eiglarsh is, when he makes a statement regarding a case, he removes his personal feelings. Unlike Hornsby who only states what he wants, not what is law.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:28 pm 

The prosecution can proceed and does take into consideration the seriousness of the weapons charge.

If the SA brings her into his office and gets a statement regarding wavier of prosecution, he may not proceed. She will need to sign a wavier of prosecution form. The state sure doesn't want to be liable if everything is dropped and he ends up shooting her face off with a shotgun. :smoke

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:45 am 

How does the state prove that he even touched the weapon that day without her testimony? What if the video on George's phone shows that she was the aggressor? The state would be insane to move forward without her testimony.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:33 pm 

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/1 ... ds-safety/

Victims’ Rights Advocate Blasts Conduct Of George Zimmerman’s Attorney, Fears For Girlfriend’s Safety

Smith says that Scheibe’s decision to recant her story and stop cooperating with the prosecutors is not uncommon in domestic violence situations. Even without her cooperation, prosecutors could move forward with the case if they believe they have enough evidence to get a conviction. Evidence still available to them includes the original 911 call, Scheibe’s original statements to the police and any physical evidence collected from Scheibe’s home, where the incident occurred.

Note: Anyone watching NG? Her head is exploding.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:56 pm 

Quote:
"I just love it when a man’s features look like they’re being vacuumed right to the center of his face.”

:Gslap

Read more: http://www.upi.com/blog/2013/11/24/Geor ... z2nBq2E3Ij

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next