It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1045 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:25 pm 

More on the alleged theft/missing items: AP article and TMZ.

It appears SZ's mom is complaining about a tv and some furniture missing after GZ moved out of the house SZ's parents let SZ and GZ stay in rent-free during trial.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:36 pm 

I'm seeing on twitter that GZ is accused of defacing cabinets with a marker. Haven't see it from a credible source though.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:09 pm 

What a circus this has become.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:59 am 

It's so sad. Divorces are an awful time for all involved. But to have it all play out in public... it must be infinitely worse.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:28 am 

Me too:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:47 am 

liesel wrote:
More on the alleged theft/missing items: AP article and TMZ.

It appears SZ's mom is complaining about a tv and some furniture missing after GZ moved out of the house SZ's parents let SZ and GZ stay in rent-free during trial.

I don't think it was rent free. I remember on the GZLegal that they were allotted about 5k for living expenses, including rent and security. I thought it was around 1k p/month.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:49 am 

jordan2 wrote:
What a circus this has become.

Agreed. I truly hope this isn't true but more of the Divorce Wars BS as played out in the media.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:06 am 

Does anyone know the statute of limitations in Florida on civil cases? I am basically wondering when GZ can no longer be slapped with another case stemming from this one. The odds of the parents bringing one is small due to the lower evidence rules is what I have read, but is there a termination date?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:44 am 

Maybe so, DebFrmHell, but what I've been reading lately is that it was rent-free. Could the $1k have been for something else, like utilities or other household expense? Or could it have been from an earlier time, like when they were in the tiny trailer in the woods?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:20 pm 

guywitharod - it depends upon the tort, of course, but in general, one to four years for a civil case. See § 768 Florida Statutes

Generally, an action based on negligence must be filed within four years. However:

§ 95.11(10) Florida Statutes 2013
Quote:
(10) FOR INTENTIONAL TORTS RESULTING IN DEATH FROM ACTS DESCRIBED IN S. 782.04 OR S. 782.07 -- Notwithstanding paragraph (4)(d), an action for wrongful death seeking damages authorized under s. 768.21 brought against a natural person for an intentional tort resulting in death from acts described in s. 782.04 or s. 782.07 may be
commenced at any time. This subsection shall not be construed to require an arrest, the filing of formal charges, or a conviction for a violation of s. 782.04 or s. 782.07 as a condition for filing a civil action.

That GZ was acquitted; his actions found to be excusable homicide due to the actions of TM™, classic self-defense*; is not an actual bar to an action, however it would certainly make it an uphill climb. If/when GZ applies for and is granted immunity, that could result in substantial liability to Trayparents™, and possibly even their lawyers.

They've had over a year to prepare a lawsuit. That they haven't filed one yet, and the more time that passes without so doing, indicates they realize they don't have a case and would only open themselves up to liability.

*I like highlighting these facts. :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:25 pm 

Perhaps they realize the odds of getting any money out of George are directly correllated with whether George has any money.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:40 pm 

As Mr. Crump would say about now... "Trayvon who?" "What about Marlon?"

He can't drain anymore money from The Fulton-Martin due to the Not Guilty verdict and a true realization that with the evidence at hand there is no way they would prevail in a civil trial. He has moved on to greener pastures...unfortunately, that family has already excepted +500k to settle their suit. So I suspect the well is dry here, too.

He thinks that he is the New Al Sharpton, that the mere mention of his name will open up wallets. He has diminished his own "Heir Apparent" status.

Of course, this is all IMO!
:moo :moo :moo :moo :moo :moo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:24 pm 

http://www.today.com/news/george-zimmer ... 8C11257699

George Zimmerman’s wife: 'I have doubts but I also believe the evidence'George Zimmerman’s wife: 'I have doubts but I also believe the evidence'

Has this video been put up yet?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:47 pm 

unitron wrote:
Perhaps they realize the odds of getting any money out of George are directly correllated with whether George has any money.

You could be right, unitron. They may plan to file when he his suit against NBC, writes a book, or whatever other money generating endeavor comes his way.

However, if they successfully sued, they would have a money judgment and be able to attach any income before GZ receives it and is able to tuck it away beyond their reach.

In Florida up to 55% of one's income may be garnished generally, depending on the circumstances. If we're talking about a huge lump sum, a court may award them even more since it's not ordinary income, but more akin to a windfall. Even so, a court is unlikely to award the full amount of even a windfall, or more than 50% of even a high income, because that disincentives earning and striving. So, it's not like a judgment would cause GZ to have nothing and take away any reason for generating income.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:48 pm 

DebFrmHell wrote:
As Mr. Crump would say about now... "Trayvon who?" "What about Marlon?"

He can't drain anymore money from The Fulton-Martin due to the Not Guilty verdict and a true realization that with the evidence at hand there is no way they would prevail in a civil trial. He has moved on to greener pastures...unfortunately, that family has already excepted +500k to settle their suit. So I suspect the well is dry here, too.

He thinks that he is the New Al Sharpton, that the mere mention of his name will open up wallets. He has diminished his own "Heir Apparent" status.

Of course, this is all IMO!
:moo :moo :moo :moo :moo :moo

And my opinion too, DebFrmHell! Well done. :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:04 pm 

taurus, I moved your post to the Crump is at it again thread. I also added Marlon Brown's name to the title, to better describe the thread for others. (No wonder you missed it without his name in the title!) It's best to keep all discussion of that case together. :)

Remember, if your post isn't where you left it, you can always check View your posts near the top right of every page to find out where it wandered off to. The link is right next to View new posts, a good link to find new/recent posts in various threads. On the left side is View active topics, a good way to see which threads are active at RT, even if a post hasn't been made in them during the last little while. :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:06 pm 

mbtb - yes, a youtube video of SZ's Today Show "visit" was embedded on the last page but not everyone reads back, and some may have missed it. :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:46 am 

This story about the divorce dispute is so typical of the main stream media! There is no "new" news in these stories whatsoever. The media is just trying to justify it's prior biased bashing of George Zimmerman. It has obviously now resorted as a last resort to reporting on a domestic squabble. Everyone knows in domestic squabbles everyone loses their heads and no one is reliable. And the media is reporting this as news! Bwahahaha!

I would also caution everyone not to put much stock in media quotes of Shellie's interviews, or even clips from said interviews. We all should know by now how they can edit the remarks and edit even the clips to fit their own agenda. This is probably the reason why Shellie appears to contradict herself every now and then.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:34 am 

Good points all, seeing_eye. :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:35 am 

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1045 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next