It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1019 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:12 pm 

OMG - deleted text messages - tampering - obstruction

"A court employee who retrieved photos and deleted text messages from Trayvon Martin's cellphone has been placed on administrative leave after an attorney testified that prosecutors didn't properly turn over the evidence to the defense, an attorney said Wednesday."

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/05/29/3 ... YI.twitter#storylink=cpy

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:19 pm 
ADMIN

Thanks JG... expanding from that story link.......

Lawyer: Zimmerman prosecutor withheld evidence

Posted on Wednesday, 05.29.13
By KYLE HIGHTOWER
Associated Press

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A court employee who retrieved photos and deleted text messages from Trayvon Martin's cellphone has been placed on administrative leave after an attorney testified that prosecutors didn't properly turn over the evidence to the defense, an attorney said Wednesday.

Former prosecutor Wesley White said he was ethically obligated to reveal that Fourth Judicial Circuit Information Technology Director Ben Kruidbos retrieved the data that weren't turned over.

Kruidbos was placed on leave shortly after White testified during a hearing in George Zimmerman's second-degree murder case on Tuesday. White said Kruidbos was interviewed by state attorney investigators twice before the action was taken.

White said he wasn't surprised of possible evidence violations by Zimmerman prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda.

"I was saddened by it, but I'm not surprised," he said.

White first learned about the evidence through Kruidbos more than a month ago, he said.

Phone and email messages left at the office of Fourth Judicial Circuit State Attorney Angela Corey were not immediately returned.

....more at link
http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/05/29/3 ... YI.twitter

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:20 pm 

John_Galt wrote:
OMG, what if former assistant state attorney White went to FDLE prior to chatting with O'Mara?

"White first learned about the evidence through Kruidbos more than a month ago, he said."

I think that O'Mara said in court that White contacted him 5 weeks ago. I don't think they were twiddling their thumbs for 5 weeks. The IT director could have been wired, phones tapped, computers searched. . . .

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:25 pm 

A few random questions about the case:

How did Don West come to be co-counsel?

When are we likely to see Angela Corey in court again?

Will Lorna Truett ever get to speak or is she stuck playing legal assistant?

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:28 pm 
ADMIN

Welcome to RT rovatek :51

I can only comment on one question.

I have read that Corey HAS been in court... but in the gallery... at least one occasion, the hearing before the most recent was mentioned.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:32 pm 

rovatek wrote:
How did Don West come to be co-counsel?

IIRC, he was a federal public defender, friend of O'Mara's, they had dinner and discussed the case and West agreed to come onboard.

Quote:
When are we likely to see Angela Corey in court again?

When she's indicted?

Quote:
Will Lorna Truett ever get to speak or is she stuck playing legal assistant?

She is a licensed attorney, not a legal assistant. I would bet that she carries way more than her share of the load.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:33 pm 

I would dearly love to see both Corey and BDLR get disbarred for their actions in this case as well as lose any state pensions.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:43 pm 

"deleted text messages from Trayvon Martin's cellphone"

Remember when West said that he couldn't take BDLR's deposition, YET ?

YET may be rapidly approaching.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:47 pm 

LondoJowo wrote:

I did my part and sent money their way again.

I will proudly say I donated once again as well. I felt honor bound to.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:50 pm 

John_Galt wrote:
"deleted text messages from Trayvon Martin's cellphone"

Remember when West said that he couldn't take BDLR's deposition, YET ?

YET may be rapidly approaching.

What is the saying? "Boom goes the dynamite"? Perhaps this is why O'Mara took yesterday in stride. White is stating his own client deleted text messages, which I can only assume he would publicly state only if his client were directed to do so by someone like BDLiaR. Perhaps we now know where the GPS Data for the 26th went. Perhaps it is right next to the full toxicology results.......

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:59 pm 
ADMIN

LondoJowo wrote:
I would dearly love to see both Corey and BDLR get disbarred for their actions in this case as well as lose any state pensions.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:01 pm 

WrongonRed wrote:
White is stating his own client deleted text messages, which I can only assume he would publicly state only if his client were directed to do so by someone like BDLiaR.

My thinking EXACTLY.

Now what is the next step that former assistant state attorney White, being extremely well versed in criminal law and likely having well placed LEO friends, would likely advise his client to take, after client advises Mr. White of conduct which very likely constitutes a crime?

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:07 pm 

John_Galt wrote:
My thinking EXACTLY.

Now what is the next step that former assistant state attorney White, being extremely well versed in criminal law and likely having well placed LEO friends, would likely advise his client to take, after client advises Mr. White of conduct which very likely constitutes a crime?

Immunity in exchange for full cooperation into the investigation into the SA's Office and testimony in furtherance thereof?

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:09 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
BDLR will say things like "Mr Zimmerman was told to stay in his truck" "Trayvon was on his way home with candy for his little brother" etc

I was unaware that the State could state outright incorrect assertions, even in opening statements?

If the State attempts to state that Zimmerman "was told to stay in his truck", I would hope that the defense would immediately object. And even if over-ruled, the defense will make the State look like the lying ilk they are, simply by playing the NEN recording.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:14 pm 

John_Galt wrote:
OMG - deleted text messages - tampering - obstruction

"A court employee who retrieved photos and deleted text messages from Trayvon Martin's cellphone has been placed on administrative leave after an attorney testified that prosecutors didn't properly turn over the evidence to the defense, an attorney said Wednesday."

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/05/29/3 ... YI.twitter#storylink=cpy

Been a long day; the dots are just now connecting for me.

Are you saying that White is alleging that the SAO deleted text messages from Martin's phone?

If proven true, this case is absolutely over, isn't it?

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:22 pm 

chipbennett wrote:

Been a long day; the dots are just now connecting for me.

Are you saying that White is alleging that the SAO deleted text messages from Martin's phone?

If proven true, this case is absolutely over, isn't it?

I don't think the SAO deleted texts...I think that's confusion in grammar.

I think the article discussed him retrieving both "pictures" and "deleted text messages", so that "deleted" is not a verb in that context.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:30 pm 

WrongonRed wrote:
Immunity in exchange for full cooperation into the investigation into the SA's Office and testimony in furtherance thereof?

Yes, at a minimum, one would assume that Mr. White's first contact would be with law enforcement. And then Mr. White contacts O'Mara, and several weeks lapse before O'Mara eventually daylights the info by filing the 3rd supp discovery on May 23, which includes phone extraction reports listing texts as "deleted", and also files the motion for sanctions stating that BDLR lied in open court.

http://www.gzdocs.com/documents/0513/mo ... ctions.pdf

Previously, there is an April 30 hearing, in which BDLR gets set up by West. See page 2 of 6.

So, assuming that Mr. White promptly informed LEO, what was LEO doing for several weeks while waiting patiently for O'Mara and West to set Bernie up to lie in open court, and while the whistleblower was continuing to work in the SAO office with Bernie?

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:31 pm 

Truthiness wrote:
I don't think the SAO deleted texts...I think that's confusion in grammar.

I think the article discussed him retrieving both "pictures" and "deleted text messages", so that "deleted" is not a verb in that context.

It will be interesting, the subject matter of the deleted vs. undeleted text messages is interesting, and seemingly coincidental (leading me to think that someone deleted them intentionally after the fact). Besides, who deletes text messages anyway? The kind of guy that uses the screen name, "No Limit_*#^^@#"? I think not. TM did not seem to care about information security. The file will clearly indicate when the message was deleted. Will be interesting....... :smoke

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:33 pm 
ADMIN

From the CTH......

Brass Tacks and Ping Logs – State V. George Zimmerman Moves Forward….
Posted on May 29, 2013 by sundance

Meet The Clockers: The revelation that Trayvon Martin’s phone holds a video he made of a homeless man being beaten by Trayvon and his team of co-horts is, well, a big deal. A VERY big deal.

This means the State of Florida has known since, well, lets be generous, June/July of last year, that they possessed evidence of a crime. Obviously, it appears they did nothing about it – most likely because it would have presented itself as a diminishment to their case and the narrative of innocent, skittle carrying, teenage Trayvon.

However, now the video is known by both the Defense and the Prosecution, and by consequence the media, I’m sure someone would want to follow up on the criminal activity the video documents. Someone, anyone, right?

Does the video show Trayvon’s 2nd BFF Kit Durant? More than likely, given the descriptions of the video content; And knowing both Krop students, Kit and Trayvon, were friends, there’s more than a possibility that video does contain Durant.

[Link to: Kit Darrant Case: Police Detail How 16-Year-Old Choked And Stabbed Mother Renette Emile (VIDEO)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/0 ... 08027.html

However, regardless of who’s participating in it – it still documents a known criminal activity, and should be easy to match with date-timeline to find the victim and accompanying police report.

If no investigative journalist will track down the victim, and arrange the connections, we’ll do it - but we need the video, the rest is easy.

...much more at link (and comments)\
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... ent-401639

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:34 pm 

John_Galt wrote:

So, assuming that Mr. White promptly informed LEO, what was LEO doing for several weeks while waiting patiently for O'Mara and West to set Bernie up to lie in open court, and while the whistleblower was continuing to work in the SAO office with Bernie?

Rolling tape would be my guess.......question, is there any chance that Nelson (assuming she is not involved.......what a bombshell it would be if she was) could oversee the trials of any criminal proceedings arising from these actions?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1019 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next