It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 447 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:26 am 
ADMIN

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:57 am 
ADMIN

oralandar brand-wms

atty asking for sent. guideline scoring for manslaughter only not 2nd degree murder..pros. athina siringas objects

Wafer atty tells judge her client was afraid for his life. Says Wafer had not oppor to calm down..shooting happened in heat of the moment

wafer atty tells judge that she must look at wafer's state of mind in her sentencing. judge says she's going to score consistent w/verdict

Wafer atty Cheryl Carpenter asking judge how inconsistent verdict of manslaughter and murder 2 will work out in sentencing

pros pat muskat says the convictions are separate and there was no promise to the defense to combine them at sentencing

wafer atty tells judge pros told her in sidebar that the two convictions wld be combined. judge says they are diff charges and diff elements

Wafer facing 15-25 years in prison. renisha sister coming up to speak

jasmine mcbride speaks says her sister was a beautiful girl with her whole life ahead of her..says renisha was her best friend. voice breaks

Jazmine McBride: losing my sister was one of the hardest things in my life.. never once have i heard mr wafer send his condolences or apolog

jazmine: she says somewhere down the line she will have to forgive wafer in order to get into heaven. renisha's dad walter simmons speaks

renisha dad: says he will never see her grow up. asks judge to give wafer the max. sentence possible.

renisha dad reads statement from renisha's youngest sister who dad says cld not come to court because it was emotionally too hard for her

in letter from renisha youngest sister she says she hopes that while wafer in "cold" jail cell thinks about his actions of killing mcbride

pros athina siringas again asks judge to focus on murder two. says wafer not accepted respons. for his conduct and has blamed his victim

pros says wafer has never taken responsibility for his conduct..for his actions

pros says jury has spoken and asks the judge focus on murder two conviction when sentencing wafer. wafer atty asks judge to look at manslaug

wafer atty says the lenghty murder 2 sentence is a "life sentence" if judge gives him 17 yrs on murder 2 conviction

wafer is going to speak during this sentencing

wafer atty says her client didn't give mcbride family apology because of her. she says he has nightmares because of the killing of mcbride

wafer atty asks judge to let him get out of prison. she says she has compelling reasons as to her request

wafer atty says he's mild mannered, non-violent/ good example of rehab. says he's no risk to community in bid to keep him out of prison

wafer atty says he needs therapy

wafer atty says he had 2 drunk driving convictions in 1994 and 1998 and that he did have a problem with drinking and driving

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:57 am 
ADMIN

oralandar brand-wms

Mr. Wafer an aging man who likes his neighborhood. says he did not lie when he said shooting was accident. says was a matter of semantics

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:58 am 
ADMIN

This is a travesty.... McBride's family are the ones DENYING responsibility.

I really hope there is an appeal soon!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:59 am 
ADMIN

oralandar brand-wms

Wafer atty says he went to Northern Michigan University where he played football. says he dropped out after a year

wafer atty says his mom has dementia and asking if he cld get out of prison after a year so he cld see her before she dies.

wafer atty: "maybe he made a bad choice in opening that door." wafer speaking shortly

wafer atty asks again a sentence on mansalughter..asks for 8 years and 2 years for the weapon conviction. wafer speaks

wafer tells mcbride family he's sorry. "I apologize from the bottom of my heart. (she was too young to leave this world)

wafer: i only wish i could take this horrible tragedy back.

wafer done. judge speaking now says none of his actions justified the killing of mcbride. says she believe he acted out of anger and panic

judge says she's certain he's remorseful but it doesn't excuse what happened in this case

Judge: (Renisha) needed help and when she needed and sought help she met her death . Judge says "i cannot go below the guidelines"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:09 am 
ADMIN

oralandar brand-wms

wafer got 2 yrs mandatory on weapon conviction and 15-30 on second murder and 7-15 yrs on the manslaughter. he'll serve at least 17 yrs

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:19 am 
ADMIN

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 447 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23