It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 727 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 37  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:56 am 
ADMIN

Hi Froggie :51 Nice to "see" you again.

Very interesting points!
We do not know for sure the house today is "as shown" on Google maps, but assuming it is...... . Thinking about it and looking at your picture... I guess she did have to have opened the screen door... perhaps her butt was holding it back? The guy then opened the main door... which swings into the house. I CAN imagine the scene where guy opened the main door, perhaps took a step back as the gun went off she fell where she was...not falling off porch down step or into shrubs. We are told her body WAS on porch. I don't see a problem with all that?
As far as no shoes and it being cold.... if that is so then it is more evidence that she was dazed... head injury and/or intoxication. We await full tox report ( In this case and in GZ case)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:00 am 

Quote:
GUNSHOT WOUNDS

Definitions:
Fouling: Soot, residue of completely burned powder, dust-like, wipes off
Stippling (tattooing): Unburned powder and debris, causing punctate abrasions on target. Larger and heavier so travels farther. Does not wipe off.
Margin of abrasion: Characteristic of enterance wound but can be seen in shored exit.

Range of Fire:
- Tight: fouling in tissue, muzzle stamp
- Loose: fouling on skin and in tissue, searing
Close: <6" Stippling & Fouling
Intermediate: 6-30" Stippling
Distant: >30" Neither
(Distances approximate and depend on many variables. For accurate assessment need to test fire weapon with ammunition used.)

http://pathologyexpert.com/boards/forensics/gsw.htm

People Keep thinking that Distant Range is a matter of feet and that is true but if you look at where Distant starts, it is 2-1/2 feet on up.

The pattern on the autopsy of her face is high left eye to left lower lip, IMO and certainly not an expert, the range will be around 30" to 36."

:moo :moo :moo :moo :moo :moo :moo :moo :moo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:39 pm 

Now this makes no sense. Woman involved in a traffic accident, told help is coming, leaves scene of accident and winds up hours late on a stranger's front steps wet with no shoes on and gets shot dead. The Michigan State Police are in on this Investigation.
Locals and family demand a conviction - clearly these folk know little about the Constitution, the right to a trial and a presumption of innocence.
Where is Crump?? Surely he can handle two cases at the same time.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:11 pm 
ADMIN

Thinking some more and looking at Froggie's pic.... but still guessing and awaiting some FACTS.
The girl could have taken a step back... guy pushed screen door with one hand and had shotgun in the other?
That would put shotgun in his left hand.... amongst the MANY details we need before too much speculation...it would be nice to know if he was right or left handed...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:41 pm 
ADMIN

Prosecutors review more information from police in Renisha McBride case
By Gina Damron
Detroit Free Press Staff Writer
11:29 AM, November 13, 2013

The Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office announced today that it has received additional information from Dearborn Heights police in the fatal shooting of Renisha McBride earlier this month.

According to the prosecutor’s office, the warrant review process is continuing.

McBride was shot in the face on Nov. 2 by a man who told police he thought someone was breaking into his Dearborn Heights home on the 16800 block of West Outer Drive.

.... more at link
http://www.freep.com/article/20131113/N ... de-warrant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:19 pm 

This was on Twitter so people have been busy with Google Earth!

The first house is the McBride House and the other belongs to the man who shot her. I checked with weather high60/ low 41 with intermittent rain.

The speculation is that she thought she was at her own house.

Her BAC ways released somewhere also and it was .08 (according to family lawyer...) but mind you that was after the shooting and she had been in the accident hours earlier. At .08 she would have been sober enough to recognize that wasn't her house.

I don't know anything but it is a sad situation and I feel for the McBride family and the man who shot her.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:57 pm 
ADMIN

I imagine this case will eventually come down to the instant the shot was fired.

How the girl got there and her condition are not so important. I don't think the guy intentionally shot her... that makes no sense... and so it was an "accident" of some sort. I await some legal analysis on what, if any, charges are appropriate. It seems reasonable to me for the guy to go see who is banging on his door at 4AM... and to arm himself. I do not think he saw who it was, took aim, and shot her... so it seems likely it was an "accidental discharge". Is he then guilty of Manslaughter? I do not know. But I can imagine myself in his position.... I would hope no charges resulted.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:14 pm 

Here's the hourly temp and weather conditions from weather underground for Nov. 2, 2013...

http://www.wunderground.com/history/air ... atename=NA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:56 am 
ADMIN

At a certain forum I just saw a description of Renisha doing nothing wrong.. other than having "car trouble" :40

Witnesses reported "high speed" and Renisha did HIT a parked car causing severe damage to her own car at least. It is what it is... but "car trouble" it aint!

Earlier article link posted here has vid showing car damage:
http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/way ... bride-case

Quote:
Her white Ford Taurus has severe front end damage. Calls to Detroit Police started at 12:57 saying a woman was speeding and she hit a parked car.

Screen shot

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:42 pm 
ADMIN

Prosecutor Worthy to Make Announcement in the Renisha McBride homicide case
Posted: Nov 15, 2013 6:13 AM Updated: Nov 15, 2013 6:13 AM
By Dennis Kraniak, MyFOXDetroit

DETROIT (WJBK) - Renisah McBride, of Detroit, was killed by a shotgun blast to the face early last Saturday in Dearborn Heights.

The man accused of killing her told investigators that he thought someone was trying to break into his home and accidentally discharged the gun, according to police.

On Friday at 11:00 a.m., Wayne County Prosecutor Kym L. Worthy will hold a press conference to announce if any charges will be filed,

We may find out if charges will be filed.

Watch the press conference live on myFOXdetroit.com and Fox 2 News.
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:28 pm 
ADMIN

Toxicology report: McBride's blood alcohol level twice the legal limit
Oralandar Brand-Williams The Detroit News
November 14, 2013 at 5:07 pm

Detroit — Renisha McBride’s blood alcohol level was twice the legal limit and there were traces of marijuana in her system the morning she got into a single-car crash and was later shot dead by a Dearborn Heights homeowner.

According to toxicology results released today by the Wayne County Medical Examiner’s McBride’s blood alcohol level was .218. Under Michigan law, a driver with a blood alcohol level over .010 is considered legally drunk.

The toxicology report also noted that byproducts of marijuana were found in her system.

Residents on Brammell and Warren who witnessed McBride’s crash told investigators that she appeared to be intoxicated.

McBride’s driving record indicated that she had a speeding ticket out of Oak Park in December and that she had her provisional license extended in June 2011 and March 2012. Her license was current when she had the crash. Her license was suspended in February and was restored in April.

....more at link
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2013 ... |FRONTPAGE

Meanwhile Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy will make an announcement Friday in the high-profile fatal shooting of the 19-year-old.

The prosecutor’s office has not said if Friday’s news announcement is about whether charges will be filed in the case.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2013 ... z2kf5A9mtO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:29 pm 
ADMIN

No surprise really..... crashing into a parked car at high speed is a good indicator of probable intoxication.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:12 pm 

So, will LE try to find who gave the minor alcohol? Will they be held accountable for any of this? I'm not buying she was bleeding from the head prior to the shooting because the autopsy report only listed the gunshot would to her face/head.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:20 pm 
ADMIN

Good point Froggie.

This case already has media spin.... agendas including making this about racism. The shooter labeled a "coward" and a "racist"

I have seen people posting about media reports :
Quote:
I was reading some MSM articles released today that were flagrantly stating false facts ie Time article stating the car broke down and she was seeking help. I don't know if it was bad investigative reporting or they just don't care what the print.
[...]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:26 pm 

Wayne County Prosecutor Kym L. Worthy is AA. She is an elected official. To choose not to charge would, IMO, political suicide. Involuntary Manslaughter? And can they prove it? If they can't, it will be the same situation that Sanford found itself in.

I googled MI BAC levels and they are .08 for adults, minors are even less at .02
http://michigan.gov/sos/0,1607,7-127-1640_9150-76571--,00.html

There are factors in the BAC that adds to punishment, fines, etc., being marijuana, cocaine, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:33 pm 
ADMIN

I think "pissed out of her tiny brain" would be an accurate description... maybe a bit stoned as well.

In all seriousness... I think she was likely to have been acting in an irrational way... maybe aggressive and belligerent. I do think it adds to an understanding of what the situation was like... at 4:00AM.... for the guy wakened by a commotion of somebody unknown banging on his door.
NOT somebody just knocking and asking politely for help.

I STILL await more info... as far as what , if any charges I think there should be. I hope that decision is not based on political considerations... but you may well be right Deb.... here we go again eh?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:31 pm 

Just thinking about TM and his prior activities, it didn't matter in a court of law and, even though the toxicology reports were ruled admissible, they weren't used and I believe that was MOM's effort not to degrade TM. I just think the "crime" will boil down to the seconds before the gun was discharged.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:51 pm 
ADMIN

I sort of agree Deb... I said as much a few posts back :)

But................

With such a high BAC (presumably 4 hours or more after her binge) I think it is RELEVANT as an indicator of how she may have been behaving. It is more than a "trace" of THC as in the case of TM.... there it could be argued to be irrelevant. I am certainly not suggesting her behavior, school records, etc etc should (or could) be brought up in court, but I would think that what she did leading to a drunken car accident, walking the streets and arriving at the guy's door, and how she might have behaved at that time, could be brought up in court.
From the little I know... I hope the guy is not charged..... I have seen too many of the Traybot Worrier types come out against him (with no facts known) already assumed he is a racist and a coward etc etc..... that alone makes me want to support him.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:22 pm 
ADMIN

IF......

In her drunken state, she had stepped in front of a guy driving a truck instead of a guy with a loaded shotgun.... most rational people would regard it as "an accident"... and even attribute "blame" to the girl for getting in such a state. Most would even have a great deal of sympathy for the truck driver, put in that situation by the actions of a drunk person.
(If the truck driver was white, Traybot Worriers might well claim he was a "Raciss" who should have swerved or braked sooner (simply because the dead person was black and the driver white)... they would be up in arms if the driver was not tested for drugs and alcohol... but I digress)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:36 am 

I have Dr. appt today and things to do so I may not be home around the time of the announcement. Hope you post something about it, just in case...

:D

As we wait with bated breath...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 727 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 37  Next