It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 727 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 37  Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:23 pm 

I used google maps for the door images and never saw the one with the screen looking door...all looked like glass. Weird. Which address did you use. I don't mean to be a pest, but this was a big deal for me in researching the case. :wall <---me for days.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:29 pm 

I only saw the door images from the MSM, I didn't research anything, sorry! But, I too, am :wall on those doors!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:28 am 

I read that Wafer came out the side door which makes sense. McBride was 5'4" weighing 184 lbs laying on the front door stoop.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:05 am 
ADMIN

Dearborn Heights Police record statement of man charged with murder in death of Renisha McBride
Posted: 11/22/2013
By: Jim Kiertzner

DEARBORN HEIGHTS, Mich. (WXYZ) - 7 Action News has learned the Dearborn Heights man charged with murder and manslaughter in the shooting death of Renisha McBride gave two statements to police and one is recorded on video.

McBride was killed with a shotgun blast to the face while she was on Ted Wafer's front porch on November 2nd at 4:30 in the morning.

Sources tell 7 Action News Investigator Jim Kiertzner that Wafer told police at his home immediately after the shooting that he opened the main front door and the gun went off accidentally shooting through the closed and locked screen door.

Wafer, in his later statement at the Police Department that is on video, said that he had earlier issues with somebody who shot his vehicle with a paint ball gun. He did not report that to the police, he just wiped the paint off.

Wafer also said someone was knocking on his front and side door and he thought it might have been those people.

The different statements could hurt Wafer in court if they are inconsistent.

Michigan does not have a "stand your ground" law but it does have the Castle Doctrine that says you can protect yourself from death or danger if a threat is imminent and that extends to a front porch.

...more at link
http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/way ... ha-mcbride

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:04 am 

renewsit wrote:
I used google maps for the door images and never saw the one with the screen looking door...all looked like glass. Weird. Which address did you use. I don't mean to be a pest, but this was a big deal for me in researching the case. :wall <---me for days.

I used

16812 w outer drive dearborn heights michigan

What I found was when I tried to zoom into the house itself, Google maps moved me left or right away from the house or down the side road. So what I did for the first one was move a little to the right of the house, then I zoomed into the street itself, then raised the view up till the house was in view. (this is the picture with the tree branch in it)

For the 2nd picture, I zoomed out all the way, moved the view to the left so that I was in the intersection of Outer and Dolphin. I then zoomed into the street all the way like before, then raised the view onto the house.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:44 am 

RE Rumpole's post: Color me stupid...how did his statements differ to the point it would hurt him? What am I missing?

Froggie...when I learn how to post pics I will show you mine (since you showed me yours :84 ). I'll be glad to resolve it, actually.

I also have a picture of Renisha's home and the Wafer home side-by-side, it's really interesting that both were on the same corner of the street and how much they look alike. Some of us think she may have thought it was her house. Then...why four hours?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:06 am 
ADMIN

If you mean the article... it says it "could hurt" him "if".... so just pontificating.

(I'll PM regarding posting pics)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:31 am 

BertaBlue wrote:
... But, I too, am :wall on those doors!

Careful, that's what got Renisha in trouble.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:06 pm 

LOL thanks for the laugh!

There's a lot I don't understand about this case. Like the initial crash, the missing hours, where were the police, etc. Another thing is sure the houses look similar but not identical, how drunk can she be hours after the crash to not notice, i dunno, the number of steps, the placement of items, the slope of the yard and so forth. These questions I have are just the tip of the iceberg, however, he has been charged, so? I dunno! Is it "we just want an arrest"?

I am no going to :wall instead I will :46 or :59 or perhaps :35

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:56 pm 

BertaBlue wrote:
Speaking of doors, I am confused. There was a side door and a front door. How do each door play into this? and yeah, that looks like glass not a screen, so perhaps it is the wrong door?

Looks like the side door is a storm door but the front has a screen door.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:07 pm 

BertaBlue wrote:
LOL thanks for the laugh!

There's a lot I don't understand about this case. Like the initial crash, the missing hours, where were the police, etc. Another thing is sure the houses look similar but not identical, how drunk can she be hours after the crash to not notice, i dunno, the number of steps, the placement of items, the slope of the yard and so forth. These questions I have are just the tip of the iceberg, however, he has been charged, so? I dunno! Is it "we just want an arrest"?

I am no going to :wall instead I will :46 or :59 or perhaps :35

Methinks you have never been that schnockered. I remember (vaguely...drunken stupor) breaking the window out of a car because I was freezing my butt off and wanted to get out of the wind. The police showed up and I told them my BF had put me out on the road and I was desperately cold. Kind of a half lie. I had no idea how I got to where I was but no BF involved. And PD gave me a ride home. Never heard anymore about that.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:20 pm 

Yeah, true, hmmmm, people have said I've been that "schnockered" but I don't remember it! So it must be false! ;)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:43 pm 

DebFrmHell wrote:

Looks like the side door is a storm door but the front has a screen door.

The front door comes with a window and an interchangeable screen panel. It looks just like ours although ours is white.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:18 pm 

ok let me see if I have this right, the side door consists of a solid wooden door plus a full length glass door; and the front door consists of a solid wood door with a window AND screen door? and she was banging on both doors? and he shot thru the front door?

:26

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:12 pm 

No both the side and front doors have aluminum outer doors plus the wooden inside door. The front aluminum outer door has a full length window that comes with an interchangeable screen so that you can remove the window and put the screen up in the summer. This is the side door..

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:16 pm 

Now just to throw a monkey wrench in LOL There is actually a 3rd door.

The door on the left would be considered the back door and the one on the right would be considered the side door.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:20 pm 
ADMIN

I can't resist... a song... by........ The Doors :)

The Doors | People Are Strange

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:20 am 

But what's called for here is "Doors Are Strange" by The People.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:12 pm 

If she had been trying to come in his back door, then he would clearly have cause to shoot her.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:13 pm 

so it was not a screen door it was a glass door he shot thru? or was the screen in place at the time? I know this seems like a little detail, but, well the devil is in the details. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 727 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 37  Next