It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 727 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:10 am 
ADMIN

Maybe you should get out while you can, Froggie? :eek

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:21 am 

I'm not sure what's going to happen. Adding instructions to set up a minimum 3 years behind bars screams desperate to me. But this is Detoilet, and I am seeing the blacks on the Jury demanding "Just Us" for McBride. The porch being part of Michigan Castle Doctrine should be enough to acquit in my opinion but I have a feeling he is going to do some time, however minimal.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:02 pm 

"pros: wafer only person who says he heard knocking/banging..no evid of it..his testimony not worthy of belief"

But Wafer's neighbor testified that he also heard the commotion, "like trees hitting cars" , clear across the street and loud enough to cause him concern enough to go outside to see what the heck was going on.

Can the prosecution just lie through their teeth like this?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:05 pm 
ADMIN

REPOST

Since The Trial File already has a POLL I wont start one here... y'all can go vote there. :95

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:06 pm 
ADMIN

I just checked results...

Not Guilty (all charges) 41.07%

Guilty of Murder in the second degree 20.54%

Hung Jury/Mistrial 19.64%

Guilty of Manslaughter 18.75%

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:08 pm 
ADMIN

People might also like to predict (Guess) how long the Jury will take to reach a verdict?

I predicted 4 hours.. but I was assuming not guilty.

I think (hope) if it drags on any longer than that it will indicate a Jury that is stalled...

Will eventually give in and admit they are "Hung"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:09 pm 

nivico wrote:
"pros: wafer only person who says he heard knocking/banging..no evid of it..his testimony not worthy of belief"

But Wafer's neighbor testified that he also heard the commotion, "like trees hitting cars" , clear across the street and loud enough to cause him concern enough to go outside to see what the heck was going on.

Can the prosecution just lie through their teeth like this?

Lawyers on either side always try to distort the truth in their favor during opening and closing arguments. Hopefully the jury will see that the prosecution never met their burden of proof in this case.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:10 pm 
ADMIN

BTW...

Final Jury

2 Black Males
2 Black Females
4 White Males
1 Arab Male
2 Minority Women
1 White Female

5 Female, 7 male

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:11 pm 

Most take a preliminary vote within the first 15 minute after going into the jury room

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:21 pm 
ADMIN

Kinda glad that none of the black Jurors were tossed aside.. it avoids the inevitable cries of "not enough blacks" when (if) Wafer is acquited

Though of course I DO hope that there was no deliberate selection based on race.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:47 pm 

From Legalinsurrection... http://legalinsurrection.com/2014/08/de ... berations/

Quote:
Muscat noted that whether it’s loaded or not, picking up a weapon that you don’t clear first, releasing the safety, pointing it at another person, creates a very high risk of death or great bodily harm. (You will recall that his colleague, Assistant Prosecutor Siringas, had done precisely this to the jury not 24 hours prior.)

It would of been perfect if during the defense closing she said, recall Prosecutor Siringas pointing the gun at you yesterday? Did Siringas have any fear of being harmed when she did this? Did any of you see her clear the gun first prior to aiming it at you? The only difference between Wafer picking up the gun and not clearing it first and Siringas doing the same thing is that, Wafer was in fear of his life.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:09 pm 

Would have been even better if when she pointed the gun, someone pulled out their concealed weapon and defended themselves. Too bad you can't carry in the jury box.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:14 pm 
ADMIN

I like it Froggie.

Jury just went home for the day. They obviously do not see this case as clearly as I do? At least some dont.

Detroit ... home of Sideshow Bob and family... what you would expect

I really hope it is a HUNG jury rather than a jury that feels they HAVE to convict for something, and go for a consolation Guilty on the daft lesser charges.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:30 pm 
ADMIN

HEADS UP

The Oscar Pistorius Trial fires up again in about 11 hours. (3:30 am EDT)

I recommend it as worth watching. even if you have not seen previous months. That involved a lot of BS and repetition anyway :slap

Yes.....WATCHING... live feeds in abundance.. 100's of 'em see thread for best link close to kick-off time. A blessed relief to have a livestream after the pants ruling by Judge Hathaway's banning streaming :wall

PISTORIUS TRIAL - Streaming Links and Live Updates - (NO DISCUSSION)
viewtopic.php?f=105&t=1210&p=78515#p78515

There is also a DISCUSSION thread... Open 24/7 :cool

Oscar Pistorius Case - DISCUSSION #2
viewtopic.php?f=105&t=1243&p=79967#p79967

As I say, if you have missed previous MONTHS (since 3 March 2014) It is still worth watching. Closing arguments commence today, carry on tomorrow. SA is different system. Each side only NOW put their full case before the Court. This a whole day thing for each side. Prosecution today, defense tomorrow. Usually not a long day.. they like to knock off at about 3:00pm. There is NO JURY the Judge decides.. assisted by two "Assessors" who have sat either side of her throughout the trial.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:12 pm 

Serious amount of DAFT over in the Leatherman sewer regarding the Wafer trial

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:13 pm 

Any opinions on the prosecution flip flopping on their story about what McBride was up to? In one moment McBride desperately needed Wafer's assistance due to injuries in the DUI accident and the next moment McBride is a Po lil girl just tryin to get home....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:31 pm 
ADMIN

Both CRAP... but not hard for me to reconcile.

She wanted help.. to get home. Even if true it would make her a fugitive.. leaving the scene of an accident and a bunch of CRIMES on her part.

I was joking when I tweeted that Wafer would have been "aiding and abetting" if he had assisted... harboring a criminal trying to evade the law? However, he would have been.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:07 pm 
ADMIN

From the "You can't make this stuff up" file....

I have read a comment to the effect that Wafer will be found guilty because otherwise "Michigan V Wafer" will become a "Landmark" case.. referenced in future trials.. setting the precedent that: "It is OK to shoot someone if they've been drinking"
This based on the naive view that Wafer shot RM simply because she was drunk and wandered onto his porch.

WHERE do I start... what a load of horse shit.

For a kick off... Juries are not like posters at True Gossip forums... mentally wandering down rabbit holes. They are focused on evaluating the evidence they have seen presented in Court, in the context of the applicable laws, as outline to them by the judge.

They are not sitting around contemplating "What if...." nor gazing into a mental "Crystal ball" and trying to predict the future. They are not even considering past cases and Legal Precedents.. that is for Judges and Lawyers. And NOBODY in their right mind, with any valid notions of the legal system, would suggest that "precedents" are to be imagined "a priori" for future cases. :slap

Each case MUST be evaluated by a Jury on its merits. The Judge may well be mindful of PAST cases (precedents), but no individual defendant can be punished just to appease some speculated use of the case by some imagined future case.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:36 am 

LondoJowo wrote:
Lawyers on either side always try to distort the truth in their favor during opening and closing arguments. Hopefully the jury will see that the prosecution never met their burden of proof in this case.

Distort and manipulate, yes... and granted we're only getting to see the secondhand Tweeted version rather than hear their exact words ...but to stand in front of the jury and tell them that Wafer's account can't be believed because no one else heard the banging would be an outright lie. Their own witness corroborated that there was quite a ruckus.

It'd be like the prosecution in the GZ trial telling the jury that there were no eye witnesses to the physical altercation.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:17 am 

Hope all is well! Pulled a muscle in my upper back and it weally weally hurts! Will ck back later. Hugs

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 727 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next