It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:37 pm 

I want to watch THIS trial. Artist sketches in the article tell me no video. I'll update after the trial starts with whatever news agency is covering it best.

Five potential jurors through to next round, two excused in Yanez trial
By Chao Xiong | Star Tribune | May 31, 2017, 6:09PM

Attorneys asked prospective jurors Wednesday about their experiences with police, the racial makeup of their friends and their Facebook posts during selection in the trial of officer Jeronimo Yanez, charged with fatally shooting Philando Castile.

The proceeding grew tense when Assistant Ramsey County Attorney Richard Dusterhoft revealed that one woman, who previously told attorneys she only shared recipes on Facebook, had in fact shared three "pro law enforcement" posts in November 2016.

"Is that your Facebook account?" Dusterhoft asked as he showed the woman printed copies of the posts.

"Uh, I think so," said the woman from White Bear Lake.

Dusterhoft asked her about the posts.

"Oh, I don't remember that," she answered.

"Do you remember November 2016?" Dusterhoft asked.

The woman laughed.

"No, no," she said, adding that she shared the posts because they included the phrase "in God we trust," and "not because police."

"Oh my goodness," she said. "I don't remember it, but I probably did it."

"Probably?" Dusterhoft asked. "You said you don't remember…"

"Must be my age," the woman said.

Dusterhoft twice asked Ramsey County District Court Judge William H. Leary III to excuse the woman from the ultimate pool of 23 jurors attorneys want to further vet Friday. Leary denied his request the first time after the defense objected, and denied it a second time after questioning the woman himself.

More at link: http://www.startribune.com/two-potentia ... 425520333/

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:50 pm 

Good info at the link. I am only copying a few highlights here.

Yanez trial: Defense rests, closing arguments Monday
By Lou Raguse, KARE | AP | 10:22 PM CDT June 09, 2017

ST. PAUL, Minn. - Officer Jeronimo Yanez sobbed as he took jurors back to the day he fatally shot Philando Castile.

This was the first time we've heard from Yanez, since he was charged with manslaughter in the 32-year-old's death last July.

"I was scared to death," he said on the stand. "I thought I was going to die. My family popped into my head. My wife. My baby girl."

Yanez's voice broke several times as he recounted the series of events on that fateful day -- a day he said he felt he had no other choice than to fire his weapon during that traffic stop.

"I was forced to engage Mr. Castile," he said. "I did not want to shoot Mr. Castile. Those were not my intentions."

Yanez told the jury the reasons why he stopped Castile on that July 6 night -- that his description fit that of a robbery suspect, an incident he responded to on July 2. Four days later, during roll call, Yanez said he and his fellow officers were reminded again to be on the lookout for possible suspects in that case, as none had been found.

THURSDAY

The defense team for St. Anthony Police officer Jeronimo Yanez on Thursday began building the case they hope will end with him being acquitted of manslaughter in the shooting death of Philando Castile.

A use-of-force expert testified that Yanez was right to use deadly force. Joseph Dutton testified Thursday for the defense. Dutton is convinced that Yanez saw a gun before he shot Castile during the traffic stop.

Dutton was a police officer for 31 years and now teaches classes on the use of force. He says he reviewed videos and police reports. He says he's convinced by Yanez telling investigators he saw Castile's hand form a C-shaped grip of the sort that would be used to grab a thick gripped pistol.

Dutton said that's the type of detail a person wouldn't make up out of thin air. During cross examination prosecutors said a person could also may a C shape with a hand when releasing a seat belt buckle, but Dutton dismissed that idea.

Dutton also disputed the prosecution expert's opinion that Yanez should've positioned his body slightly behind Castile, aligned with the "B pillar" separating the front and back of the sedan.

As he was leaving the Ramsey County Courthouse, defense attorney Earl Gray said that Dutton's testimony "went splendidly" in the courtroom.

Chief Jon Mangseth testifies

Earlier Thursday morning, Yanez's boss, St. Anthony Police Chief Jon Mangseth, was one of the first witnesses to be called to the stand. Mangseth told the courtroom that Yanez had no disciplinary problems or complaints on his record at the time of the fatal shooting last July, and said he had no reservations about Yanez's abilities as a police officer. The chief followed up by testifying that Yanez was selected for a special department program based on his willingness and ability to speak in public.

More at link: http://www.kare11.com/news/yanez-trial-week-2/445870511

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:37 pm 

Verdict Watch

Closing arguments complete; jury now has case against Jeronimo Yanez in shooting of Philando Castile
Jurors are expected in court from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and will not be sequestered during deliberations.

By Brandon Stahl, Chao Xiong | Star Tribune | June 12, 2017, 3:54PM

A Ramsey County jury has received the case against Jeronimo Yanez in the fatal shooting of Philando Castile and will now begin deliberations.

Yanez’s defense team wrapped up closing arguments at 1:10 p.m. and three alternates — two men and a woman — were dismissed. Two people of color remain on the jury.

Yanez defense attorney Earl Gray told jurors that the state “failed miserably” in presenting its case. He continued to emphasize the defense’s main contention: that Castile failed to follow orders because he was too stoned from smoking marijuana.

“Guns and drugs don’t mix,” he said. “This is a class example.”

Gray also questioned the credibility of the prosecution’s star witness, Castile’s girlfriend Diamond Reynolds, who was in the car with Castile at the time of the shooting and livestreamed its aftermath.

“You don’t trust the words ...,” Gray said of Castile’s and Reynolds’ assertions that Castile wasn’t reaching for his gun. “You trust the action.”

More at link: http://www.startribune.com/jurors-to-be ... 427924563/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:39 pm 

Happening Now: All prosecutors and defense attorneys, Judge's clerk have entered courtroom on 8th floor.

Some of the reporters are dramatizing it, but no one knows what is going on.

Following #YanezTrial

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:40 pm 
ADMIN

THX Molly....

Waiting.........

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:42 pm 

Day 12 | A waiting game as jury weighs Yanez's fate
Wednesday, June 13, 2017
Updated 1 p.m.

Jon Collins | MPR News

St. Paul -- As jury deliberation in the trial of St. Anthony police officer Jeronimo Yanez moved into its third day Wednesday, family and friends of Philando Castile waited nervously for a verdict, and law enforcement prepared for the possibility of demonstrations.

Activists from a number of groups have called for a demonstration on the evening the verdict is announced. But they're following the lead of Castile's family, led by his mother, Valerie Castile, said Pastor Danny Givens, a minister and clergy liaison to Black Lives Matter Minneapolis.

"The most important thing that's going to happen after this verdict, whichever way it goes, is that we're first and foremost going to wrap our arms around Valerie Castile and her family," Givens said. "Before we move and do anything in this community on behalf of her family, we have got to be sure that we move and have action for them."

Some police departments in the area have started to prepare for the possibility of protests. While there have been no protests during the trial, several demonstrations cropped up around the Twin Cities last summer after Castile's death: People camped outside the governor's mansion. They marched in the streets. They took over a Falcon Heights city council meeting. There was a children's march. And Castile's family handed out cupcakes at a street festival to mark what would have been his 33rd birthday.

More at link: http://live.mprnews.org/Event/The_trial ... imo_Yanez/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:46 pm 
ADMIN

I just glanced at Twitter.. and see the usual bleating "JUSTICE FOR (Philando)"

"Justice For...." is code for mob hysteria demanding "a pound of flesh" regardless of evidence... a "lynch Mob"

No doubt the savages will take to the streets... probably will regardless of what the verdict is.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:05 pm 

:doh
Jury is deadlocked. No verdict. Judge reminds jurors to work together. Reads a portion of the jury instructions. Hearing lasts 1 minute. Recess.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:32 pm 

Jury Verdict: NOT GUILTY!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:42 pm 
ADMIN

Great news, Thx Molly

Have you got a link to live riots?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:51 pm 

No, not yet. lol :84

I had to stop reading twitter feed. Mama Castile is in a "I am mad as hell." mode in front of a million cameras. Maybe she knows if no guilty verdict, there's no payout from the city, Idk.

I fear for LEO ambush attacks all across the country tonight and over the weekend.

Glad this is over but, no doubt there will be demos/rioting tonight in MN. Hope I am wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:54 pm 
ADMIN

WATER CANNON!!!

It's worth a try... because if that doesn't stop the Feral Savages... then it's time to start shooting them.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:03 pm 

See if you can get through this without laughing. :98

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:17 pm 
ADMIN

Protesters march in St. Paul, Minnesota, after a verdict in the shooting death of Philando Castile was announced

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:39 pm 
ADMIN

Yeah.. they should have shut this shit down in FERGUSON!

It's gonna happen every time unless they do.

Blocking traffic = jail (and/or being run over)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:39 am 
ADMIN

Tail end - Clearing blocked Highway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAGElpnXg6U

Arresting dopes. in the road.. which is GOOD.

The problem is they usually just let them go after a few hours.

The ones I have seen look like silly WHITE women.. playing at being radicals.

--------------------------
Link has switched to showing Morons in LONDON?

"Justice for Grenfell" :doh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:01 pm 
ADMIN

I see RENEWED "outrage" over Castile shooting, following release of Police Dash-cam footage showing "the reverse angle"

It is claimed that Castile did "everything right" by informing the officer that he had a LEGAL fire arm. The NRA is being criticized for NOT supporting Castile as a "legal gun owner" (shot by cops despite doing what he should)......

SPARE ME...... Yanez has been ACQUITTED.. and the new video indicates that Castile was NOT doing the right thing.. since he reached for something (likely the gun on his lap), despite REPEATED ORDERS to not do it. It is simply NOT TRUE that he did "everything he should". Besides all that... I seem to recall that Castile did NOT have a valid license to conceal carry in the district he was stopped?

Police Dashcam Footage Of Philando Castile Fatal Shooting

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:41 pm 

I've only responded to one stupid tweet since the video was released.
There is no use in it, people are misinformed and biased - and not only the blacks.
All the dumb people see -- is a cop shot and killed a black. :roll

I just looked on twitter, and yeah, it's bad.
One particular twat "Nigerian Woman" .. is REALLY upset that President Trump has not addressed it yet, along with other cases, I've never heard of. :84

It seems like I remember him not having a gun permit, I can't remember.
All I know is, there was a trial and he was found NOT GUILTY. Done deal. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:10 pm 
ADMIN

Castile’s Family Gets $3 Million Payout After Cop Acquittal

:wall

They should at least have a rule:
COST OF ALL DAMAGE done during the ferals riot after thug death is DEDUCTED from Thug family pay out!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:43 pm 

Until the PTB stop rewarding people for placing themselves in danger this kind of nonsense will continue.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next