It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 4:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:40 am 
ADMIN

'I don't care if my youngest son is killed! I don't care if I am killed!' Boston bombers' mother launches into bizarre rant as she says they were only targeted because they were Muslim

• Zubeidat Tsarnaeva says her sons have been framed for the bombings
  • U.S. investigators have flown to southern Russia to speak with her
  • If she visits her injured son in the U.S. she could be arrested for an outstanding shoplifting charge from last year
  • She was due to appear in court in October, but skipped the hearing

By Lydia Warren
PUBLISHED: 12:22 GMT, 24 April 2013 | UPDATED: 12:24 GMT, 24 April 2013

The mother of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects has launched into a bizarre rant in which she claims she does not care if she or her youngest son are killed by U.S. authorities.

Zubeidat Tsarnaeva, who now lives in Dagestan, Russia, said in an emotional telephone interview that she believes her sons, Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, have been framed for the bombings.

Her eldest son, 26-year-old Tamerlan, died after a shootout with police in Watertown, Massachusetts on Friday, while her youngest, Dzhokhar, 19, is in hospital recovering from a wound to the neck.

'If they are going to kill him, I don't care,' she told CNN of Dzhokhar. 'My oldest one is killed, so I don't care. I don't care is my youngest one is going to be killed today. I want the world to hear this.

'And I don't care if I am going to get killed too. And I will say Allahu akbar!'

While Dzhokhar was reportedly injured from a self-inflicted gun shot wound as he sought to hide from police in a boat parked in a backyard, his mother said she does not believe this account.

'You know what I think? I think now they will try to make my Dzhokhar guilty because they took away his voice, his ability to talk to the world... They did not want the truth to come out,' she said.

She added that the only reason her sons were targeted was because they were Muslim, adding that she saw footage of Tamerlan being killed 'really cruelly'.

....more at link
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... illed.html

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:00 am 

Thanks for updating and it's good to find it everything in one place. I've been so busy that I get pieces from the news, FB, etc. But it's scattered.

I guess I lean to cover up if for nothing else just the idea that the FBI had some heads up about the older brother and nothing much came of it and now they may have to make it fit that this was not the work of anyone else but these two.

Who is keeping us safe in the US and I don't think the appeasement tactic is workable.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:52 am 
ADMIN

Boston bomber Tamerlan sat home collecting WELFARE benefits while plotting to bomb America (and his wife worked 80 hours a week)

• Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, received welfare up until 2012
  • His wife Katherine worked up to 80 hours a week as a home healthcare worker while Tamerlan stayed at home
  • The Tsarnaev brothers received state aid as children, when their parents relied on welfare benefits after immigrating to the U.S.
  • Dzhokhar, 19, sold pot to make spending money at college, friends say

By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 13:29 GMT, 24 April 2013 | UPDATED: 14:37 GMT, 24 April 2013

Alleged terrorist mastermind Tamerlan Tsarnaev was receiving welfare benefits in the lead up to the deadly attacks at the Boston Marathon.

The Chechen immigrant lived off state aid while his wife, Katherine Russell Tsarnaev, worked as a home healthcare worker, sometimes clocking as many as 80 hours a week while her unemployed husband stayed at home, Massachusetts welfare officials revealed on Wednesday.

Ultimately his wife's income made the couple ineligible for welfare and they stopped receiving state money in 2012.

Sources who knew Tamerlan said that though he sported a flashy appearance, he failed to earn very much money for his family and was essentially a stay-at-home dad.

His younger brother, on the other hand, has been described as more entrepreneurial.

Dzhokhar, who was a sophomore at University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, attended the school on a scholarship and earned petty cash selling marijuana, sources told the Globe.

Investigators are scrutinizing the brothers' source of income, as they probe whether the pair received outside assistance for their attack, either from a radical group or foreign government.

Security experts have noted though that the modus operandi was relatively cheap, estimating that the materials for each of the pressure cooker bombs used at the Boston Marathon attack could have cost a total of $100 each.

It is not known when Tamerlan and his wife, the mother of the couple's 3-year-old daughter, began receiving the aid.

They 'were not receiving transitional assistance benefits at the time of the [Boston Marathan blasts],' Massachusetts Office of Health and Human Services spokesman Alec Loftus told the Boston Herald.

Both suspects believed to be behind the bombings, Tamerlan and his brother, Dzhokhar, had also received welfare as children.

Their parents, Anzor Tsarnaev and Zubeidat Tsarnaeva, relied on state assistance when they moved to America from the Russian republic of Dagestan.

Tamerlan, 26, died early on April 19 after a shoot-out with police in Watertown, Mass. His 19-year-old brother was captured late on April 19 after an extensive manhunt.

State officials have been reluctant to discuss whether the Tsarnaevs had received state money when they immigrated to the U.S. in the early 2000s.

Ultimately, after pressure from the press the state welfare benefits office divulged the information to the Herald.

....more at link
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -week.html

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:04 am 
ADMIN

Pressure cookers bought at Macy's and mortars from same firm used by Times Square bomber: How 'marathon terrorists sourced their arsenal of explosives'

By Simon Tomlinson
PUBLISHED: 10:57 GMT, 24 April 2013 | UPDATED: 11:58 GMT, 24 April 2013

One of the Boston Marathon terrorists bought three pounds of explosive powder from the same fireworks company that sold firecrackers to the Times square bomber, it emerged today.

Tamerlan Tsarnaev asked for the 'biggest and loudest' pyrotechnics on offer at Phantom Fireworks in New Hampshire two months before his terror attack that killed three and injured more than 280.

It is believed the powder may have been packed into one of two pressure cookers, which today were revealed to have been bought from a Macy's store.

He and his younger brother Dzhokar allegedly detonated the two devices near the finishing line of the race last week.

On February 6, Tamerlan entered the Phantom Fireworks store and bought a $199.99 'Lock and Load' mortar kit which contained four launch tubes and 24 black-powder shells and used a buy one, get one free coupon to purchase two sets.

They were advertised as 'barely legal'.

As each shell contains 30 grams of powder, this gave him enough explosives to construct one of the two pressure cooker bombs he detonated near the finish line of the marathon last week, experts say.

Bill Weiner, vice-president of Phantom Fireworks in Seabrook, New Hampshire, told the New York Daily News: 'We were just shocked.

'After our Times Square experience, we said "It can’t happen twice.".'

But after searching his sales records last week, he discovered Tsarnaev, 26, had been into the store on February 6 and was assisted by a female store clerk.

'Like 99 per cent of the men who come in, he asked "What's the biggest and loudest thing you have",' Weimer said, adding that it had been a 'totally unremarkable sale.'

He said he contacted the FBI immediately.

It is unclear where the Tamerlan brothers sourced the rest of their explosives, but there are at least five fireworks stores in the same area of New Hampshire, around an hour's drive from Boston.

A U.S. official told CNN that investigators have established that the pressure cookers used in the attacks were purchased at a Macy’s department store, although he did not specify how that was known or which branch was used.

At least one of the pressure cookers was made by the Spanish company Fagor, which sells about 50,000 of the six-litre pots in the United States every year.

...more at link
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... omber.html

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:10 pm 

Johar selling pot in college explains his popularity. I have read some his twitter friends they are described him as a stoner.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:18 pm 

boricuafudd wrote:
Johar selling pot in college explains his popularity. I have read some his twitter friends they are described him as a stoner.

Selling pot at college equals big money.

"If a man talks in a forest, and there is no woman there to hear him.

Is he still wrong?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:20 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
Pressure cookers bought at Macy's and mortars from same firm used by Times Square bomber: How 'marathon terrorists sourced their arsenal of explosives'

Feds said that wouldn't be enough to make the big explosions like the marathon. I think he used them in the shootout with police. One of the neighbors said there was a bang and a big puff of smoke. Just my thoughts though no real proof.

"If a man talks in a forest, and there is no woman there to hear him.

Is he still wrong?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:00 pm 

Quote:
'If they are going to kill him, I don't care,' she told CNN of Dzhokhar. 'My oldest one is killed, so I don't care. I don't care is my youngest one is going to be killed today. I want the world to hear this.

'And I don't care if I am going to get killed too. And I will say Allahu akbar!'

This crazy Sunni beyotch will get rich quick. Celebrity jihadist mom, Saudis will send her money.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:21 pm 
ADMIN

Yes... raising a suicide bomber or two.. can pay off big.

It's a career/lifestyle choice I guess?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:11 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
Yes... raising a suicide bomber or two.. can pay off big.

It's a career/lifestyle choice I guess?

Yes, but it can be deterred.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/sto ... XiQhLWG0kw

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:24 pm 
ADMIN

The Israelis continue to earn my admiration.... they often seem to do the sort of things I would. That is..... they act with "common sense"...... which we all know is an oxymoron... sense is not very common at all these days. Totally absent in most government policy and decision making around the world.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:35 pm 
ADMIN

Now officials claim Boston bombing suspect was NOT armed in boat showdown - despite police account of firefight and him 'shooting himself'

• Officials now claim that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was unarmed as he hid in boat in Watertown
  • Contradicts Boston Police Commissioner's account of hour-long firefight with Tsarnaev
  • New York Times said M4 rifle had been found on boat
  • Police sources suggested Tsarnaev shot himself onboard

By Associated Press and Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 01:53 GMT, 25 April 2013 | UPDATED: 02:20 GMT, 25 April 2013

Two U.S. officials have told the Associated Press that the surviving suspect in the Boston bombings was unarmed when police captured him hiding inside a boat in a neighborhood back yard.

The report contradicts the Boston police department's own account of Dzhokar Tsarnaev's capture on Friday - after commissioner Ed Davies described a firefight between him and officers before the terror suspect was captured.

The New York Times also said an M4 rifle had been found on the boat - a claim contradicted by the latest revelations.

Officers had originally said they had exchanged gunfire with Tsarnaev for more than one hour Friday evening before they were able to subdue him.

But on Wednesday, law enforcement officials told the AP that no gun was found aboard the boat.

It also contradicts many media accounts of Tsarnaev's final moments of freedom.

The New York Times reported that an M-4 carbine rifle - similar to the weapon used by American troops fighting in Afghanistan - was found aboard the boat. The paper also reported that officials recovered two handguns and a bb gun used by the two brothers.

The throat wound sustained by Tsaernev was also said by numerous law enforcement sources to be self inflicted.

Sources told Newsday that Tsarnaev's bullet wound looked to be self-inflicted, due to the location of Tsarnaev's wound and the trajectory of the bullet.

And Reuters reported that the suspect was shot through the mouth by a round that exited through his neck.

Dozens of bullet holes were seen on the exterior of the boat in photos taken shortly after the final standoff in the Watertown backyard.

The officials told the AP that say investigators only recovered a 9 mm handgun believed to have been used by Tsarnaev's brother, Tamerlan, from the site of a gun battle Thursday night, which injured a Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority officer.

Dzhokhar was believed to have been shot before he escaped.

The officials tell The Associated Press that no gun was found in the boat.

Investigators have said the brothers appeared to have been radicalized through jihadist materials on the Internet and have found no evidence tying them to a terrorist group.

Dzhokhar told the FBI that they were angry about the U.S. wars in Afghanistan and Iraq and the killing of Muslims there, officials said.

How much of those conversations will end up in court is unclear.

....more at link
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... mself.html

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:04 pm 

Quote:
The officials told the AP that say investigators only recovered a 9 mm handgun believed to have been used by Tsarnaev's brother, Tamerlan, from the site of a gun battle Thursday night, which injured a Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority officer.

More than 250 rounds fired. I wonder how many bullet holes are in the house behind the bombers' car.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/2 ... 48609.html

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:13 pm 
ADMIN

Call me naive..... I certainly have little experience with guns... zero experience with gun battles....

......but what happened to "Ready.... aim FIRE!!"

Not always... but once in a stand off what is the point of firing 200 rounds at...... "not the target"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:31 pm 
ADMIN

Worked for 150 Welshmen V 4,000 Zulu at Rorkes Drift.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:20 am 
ADMIN

Bomb suspect 'confessed to FBI' at hospital bedside - but now refuses to answer questions after he was read Miranda rights

• Dzhokhar Tsarnaev questioned for 16 hours before read Miranda rights
  • Confessed to plot but was not aware of right to stay silent or to a lawyer
  • Pieces of suspicious remote control equipment found in bomb debris

By Sara Smyth
PUBLISHED: 08:57 GMT, 25 April 2013 | UPDATED: 14:42 GMT, 25 April 2013

The surviving suspect in the Boston marathon bombings admitted to his role in the attacks to the FBI - but clammed up when finally read his Miranda rights.

It has been revealed that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, initially confessed to authorities that he and his older brother, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, carried out the attacks during 16-hours of questioning over the weekend.

Dzhokhar has been communicating with law enforcement officials by writing on a pad after suffering an injury to his throat during the frenzied manhunt for him which renders him unable to talk.

However, the moment he was read his rights on Monday - which as a citizen of the United States entitle him to the constitutional right to remain silent and seek a lawyer - he stopped communicating.

Indeed, it has been claimed that federal agents were surprised when a magistrate judge and a representative from the U.S. Attorney's office entered the hospital room and read Tsarnaev his rights, four officials and one law enforcement official said.

Investigators had planned to keep questioning him.

This apparent confusion came after the White House decided against treating Tsarnaev as an enemy combatant.

It is unclear as to whether this will matter in court as the FBI says Tsarnaev has already confessed to a witness.

A spokeswoman for U.S. Attorney Carmen Ortiz said: 'Before being advised of his rights, the 19-year-old suspect told authorities that his older brother, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, only recently had recruited him to be part of the attack'.

....more at link
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ights.html

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:49 pm 
ADMIN

'It wasn't blood... it was PAINT': Boston bombers' defiant mother launches bizarre defense of her 'framed' sons

• Mother Zubeidat Tsarnaeva debating whether to travel to US because she faces federal shoplifting charges
  • New reports say Anzor Tsarnaev will travel to America in hopes of bringing back body of son Tamerlan to Russia

By Lydia Warren and Louise Boyle
PUBLISHED: 13:15 GMT, 25 April 2013 | UPDATED: 17:37 GMT, 25 April 2013

The mother of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects ranted on Thursday that her sons were being framed for the terrorist attack, describing the scene of carnage as a 'really big play' with 'paint instead of blood'.

Zubeidat Tsarnaeva told a press conference today that she does not accept that her sons carried out the attacks in Boston on April 15 which left three people dead and 264 injured.

She became hysterical saying she regretted living in the U.S., adding: 'America took my kids away from me. I’m sure my kids were not involved in anything.'

Tsarnaeva earlier told CNN that she believed that the marathon was a 'really big play' with 'paint instead of blood'.

The father of the suspected bombers Anzor Tsarnaev said on Thursday he would travel from Russia to the United States to bury his elder son.

The parents sat side by side in the southern Russian city of Makhachkala and denied their sons had planted the bombs at the Boston marathon, saying they had been framed.

His other son Dzhokhar, 19, remains under police guard in a Boston hospital and is facing terrorism charges which could result in the death penalty.

Banging the table in front of him, Anzor said: 'I am going to the United States. I want to say that I am going there to see my son, to bury the older one. I don't have any bad intentions. I don't plan to blow up anything.

'I am not angry at anyone. I want to go find out the truth,' said Anzor, who took off his sunglasses only when photographers asked him to.

He said he would go as soon as possible but that he had not yet bought a plane ticket.

Tsarnaeva said she was still thinking over whether to travel to the U.S. Her hesitation to travel may be based on the fact that she was charged with shoplifting last summer and is concerned that she could be arrested.

However Tsarnaeva said that she had been assured by lawyers that she would not be.

The Tsarnaev family emigrated to the U.S. a decade ago, but both parents returned to Russia last year.

......more at link
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... blood.html

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:50 pm 
ADMIN

I hope the US is not silly enough to let these radical loons back in the country... unless it is to arrest them at point of entry?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:56 pm 
ADMIN

Boston bombers DID 'plan to attack NYC': Hospital questioning reveals brothers were headed to Manhattan before deadly gun-battle

• Unnamed official sources revealed today the Tsarnaev brothers may have been planning to stage an attack in Times Square, New York
  • Pair had another pressure cooker bomb and homemade grenades
  • The plan was thwarted when the brothers became involved in a huge gun battle in Watertown, Massachusetts
  • Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, was killed and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, was captured

By Paul Thompson In Boston and Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 17:36 GMT, 25 April 2013 | UPDATED: 17:51 GMT, 25 April 2013

The teenage terror suspect in the Boston marathon bombings has made the startling revelation to investigators that he and his older brother planned on carrying out a terror attack in Times Square.

Senior law enforcement officials confirmed to NBC News that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, told the FBI that they planned to travel to New York from Boston - where they could have detonated at least one of the explosives from the cache they had stockpiled.

The New York police commissioner confirmed on Wednesday that Tamerlan and Dzhokhar were headed to the Big Apple to 'party' - and officials told the network that the two brothers had at least discussed the possibility of carrying out another terror attack on American soil.

The unnamed officials issued a cautionary note that the Tsarnaev's plan was underdeveloped - with one senior official describing the plan as 'aspirational at most' to NBC News.

This harrowing confirmation suggests that the duo behind the Boston Marathon bombings were not finished, and were headed to New York City with additional bombs.

It is believed that Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev were planning further bloodshed but were thwarted when Massachusetts authorities found them in a Boston suburb.

The pair had another pressure cooker bomb - the device used in the marathon attack - and homemade grenades.

But their plans were abandoned as police caught up with them, engaging the Tsarnaev brothers in a wild shootout in which 26-year-old Tamerlan was killed.

....more at link
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... attle.html

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:23 pm 
ADMIN

'What have we done? We just saved him.' How the medical team who treated Dzhokhar Tsarnaev battled first instincts not to help the teenage terror suspect

• Dr. Richard Wolfe of Boston's Beth Israel hospital tells of the dilemma his medical staff faced in treating Dzhokhar Tsarnaev on Friday
  • Reveals some nurses had second thoughts about why they were saving his life

By James Nye
PUBLISHED: 16:17 GMT, 25 April 2013 | UPDATED: 17:10 GMT, 25 April 2013

The medical staff who saved the life of Boston terror suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev feel deep anxiety about what they have done.

That is the honest assessment of Dr. Richard Wolfe, who along with other emergency medicine staff at Boston's Beth Israel Hospital rescued the seriously wounded teenage terror suspect on Friday.

Dr. Wolfe recounted how in the aftermath of the young man's stabilization, the nurses were hit by a serious dilemma - 'They look on the perpetrator as someone absolutely horrible and ask themselves, 'What have we done? We just saved him.'

'Some nurses started rethinking,' said New York City native Wolfe. 'They think of the mom who just lost her son, or a child with an amputation.'

Talking to the New York Daily News, Wolfe added that despite these natural, but startling thoughts, every medical professional at the hospital is bound by oath to treat everyone the same - no matter what they may have done.

.....more at link
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... spect.html

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next