It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:09 pm 

St Petersburg explosion: at least nine killed and dozens injured in metro blast
Russian officials say explosive material was placed on train outside Sennaya Ploshchad station
By Shaun Walker in Moscow | The Guardian | April 3, 2017, 11:39EDT

A suspected bomb detonated on a metro train in St Petersburg on Monday, killing at least nine people.

The blast occurred at the Sennaya Ploshchad station, in the centre of Russia’s second city, at about 2.30pm (11.30am GMT), reportedly as the train was pulling out of the station.

Hours later a second device at another metro station was found and made safe, Russia’s national anti-terrorist committee said in a statement.

A spokesman for the committee said it knew of nine people dead in the explosion. “For the time being, we can say with full confidence that nine people have died and over 20 people were injured, including some who were seriously injured.”

Andrei Kibitov, spokesman for the St Petersburg governor, had previously told Russian television that 10 people had been killed and 50 injured.

Photographs from the scene showed a metro train in the station with one set of doors blown out, and a number of people on the ground with injuries. Eyewitnesses said people had to exit the carriage through the windows as the doors did not work.

The investigative committee, a state body which investigates major crimes, has opened a criminal case on charges of terrorism but said it would look into all other possible causes of the blast.

The Interfax news agency, citing security sources, said warrants had been issued for two people: one for planting the bomb on the train, the other for leaving the second device at a metro station.

More, photos, video at link: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... ad-station

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:26 pm 

St. Petersburg metro explosion: 11 dead in Russia blast
By Tim Lister, Emma Burrows, Angela Dewarn | CNN | April 3, 2017, 12:19PM ET

The train came to a stop at Technological Institute metro station in Saint Petersburg.

Moscow (CNN) - Eleven people were killed in a blast on the St. Petersburg metro on Monday, the Russian health ministry said, in what authorities described as a terrorist attack.

An explosion tore through a train as it was traveling between two stations in Russia's second-biggest city, injuring dozens more.

A second device was found and defused at another station, Russia's Anti-terrorist Committee said. No group has so far claimed responsibility for the attack, which led to the shutdown of the entire metro system in St. Petersburg.

Latest developments

• The blast was caused by an unidentified explosive device.
• Explosion happened in a train car as it passed through a tunnel.
• Entire metro system shut down after evacuations.
• Dozens injured, several in critical condition, authorities said.
• Second device found at another metro station, now disabled.
• President Putin was in St. Petersburg before explosion.

The blast happened as the train was traveling in a tunnel from Sennaya Ploshchad to Tekhnologichesky Institute stations in the center of the city. In the confusion, first reports suggested there were two blasts.

Photographs show the facade of one of the cars ripped off, while others showed passengers running from the Tekhnologichesky Institute station as it filled with smoke. Victims said they helped each other escape the train.

Bodies were seen strewn across a station platform outside the train. Bandaged and bloodied victims were carried out of the station by rescuers.

President Vladimir Putin, who had been in St Petersburg earlier in the day, said all causes were being investigated, including terrorism.

Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev described the explosion as a "terrorist act."

More, photos at link: http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/03/europe/st ... index.html

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:06 pm 

The Savages of Islam have no place in a civilized world. Yet Americans are fighting to bring the people who did this to our shores for "humanitarian reasons". Such confused and dangerous confusion.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:11 pm 

This is interesting (to me) as it explains much I didn't know in many aspects. :roll

St. Petersburg Metro attack in perspective | 6:42min

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:28 pm 
ADMIN

What about DIVERSITY Carm?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:24 pm 

Photo of Suspect

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:32 pm 
ADMIN

St Petersburg metro 'terrorist' walks into police station to say he's innocent after bomb killed 11

Russian media reports the bearded man was spotted on CCTV footage after 'leaving a briefcase packed with explosives on the metro' but he claims he was 'targeted for looking Muslim'

This is the first picture of a man wanted in connection with the devastating bomb blast on the St Petersburg metro today - AFTER he walked into a police station tonight and insisted: 'I'm innocent!'.

According to local Russian media outlets earlier, the bearded man was captured on CCTV footage after reports he'd allegedly left a briefcase filled with explosives on a metro train.

The blast - which happened between the stations of the Institute of Technology and Sennaya Ploshchad - left at least 11 people dead and around 50 people injured.

Horrific images from the scene show bloodied commuters lay on a platform - and within hours Russian media was circulating photos and CCTV images of a man wanted in connection with the blast.

However at around 8.30pm tonight a man fitting the same description walked into a police station in St Petersburg - who insists he had nothing to do with the blast and was 'targeted for looking Muslim'.

Local media reported tonight: "The first suspect himself came to the police and said that he was innocent.

"Apparently, surveillance cameras found the 'perfect Muslim' and tossed it into the media."

The police are yet to formally comment on the man's identity and involvement - if any.

...more at link
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news ... o-10150840

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:20 pm 

I'm reading that they believe it may have been a suicide bomber. Well how the heck did a lone suicide bomber leave one unexploded bomb behind? Likely we will never get to the truth on this one.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:37 am 
ADMIN

I await details... blown to bits is good. :)

Wild speculation... IF the savage was blown to bits....
He COULD have planted one bomb (un-exploded) with a timer.. that failed... then detonated other bomb as suicide bomb.. or maybe it just went off (prematurely) as he was on his way to another location?

Could be both devices were timed, or required remote detonation... one failed and one worked.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:50 am 
ADMIN

https://twitter.com/teleherzog/status/8 ... 9938763776

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:52 am 
ADMIN

Terror Events@TerrorEvents
#Russia #SaintPetersburg - Better picture of the suspect of today's bombing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:13 am 
ADMIN

Translated French article

https://translate.google.com/translate? ... t=&act=url

If the Russian agencies claim that the Kyrgyz authorities have refused to disclose the identity of the potential responsible for the explosion, AFP and Reuters specify that it was Akbarjon Djalilov. His name has also appeared in the Russian media, where he is named as one of the alleged perpetrators of the attack.

Akbarjon Djalilov

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:14 am 

I hope some good old Russian boys find him and then give him a good Russian beating before they drag him to the police station. His devices might have a treasure trove of information on them.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:27 pm 
ADMIN

From what I can gather.... he is DEAD... blown to bits.

And... as I surmised... he may have meant to plant a second bomb and get away... but it went off accidentally. Seems Allah wanted him

BREAKING: Explosive device in #StPetersburg metro might have gone off accidentally - Source
https://sputniknews.com/russia/20170404 ... st-attack/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:42 pm 

Then Allah can have him.

PS Where is the second bomb if this is surveillance of him before he entered the train station? I just have my BS senses tingling on the semi-official story.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:21 pm 

I finally got caught up on this. There is so little news on this today. :roll

Carm, the other bomb (disguised as a fire extinguisher and would have caused much more damage) was found at another metro station in the center of town. Djalilov's DNA was found on a bag it was in. One article described both bombs as IEDs.

Six people (central Asians living in Russia) have been arrested for questioning. No connections to the bombing but are acquaintances of Akbarjon Djalilov and he may have been recruiting them. Surveillance cameras show him leaving his apartment wearing a backpack.

Fourteen people were killed and 49 remain hospitalized.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:04 pm 

Thanks Molly.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:07 pm 
ADMIN

Carmelita wrote:
Then Allah can have him.

PS Where is the second bomb if this is surveillance of him before he entered the train station? I just have my BS senses tingling on the semi-official story.

Carm..... based on evidence...
The "second bomb" DISCOVERED was obviously a bomb The savage planted first!!

He was likely on his way to plant HIS second bomb at another station.. only it blew up and killed him.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:51 am 

Thanks Rumpole. Molly already answered. I have not been keeping up on the ins and out of this act of savagery because I figured we are going to get less real information than we get from even our own government. For some reason I had it in my head that the second bomb was found on a different car of the same train I was obviously being a knuckle head.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:24 pm 

Yeah Carm, I am also very cautious of the news coming out of Russia.

The NY Times is reporting two men in Moscow have been detained today, for questioning, along with the six others in St. Petersburg.

I agree Rumpole, I think the suicide bombing was an accident. News is reporting that information is being obtained from his computer and a bomb identical to the one that didn't explode, was found in his apartment. So looks like he had future plans in the works.

IF this news coming out is factual. ;)