It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 9:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:28 pm 
ADMIN

Quote:
5h ago 14:23

Abdelhamid Abaaoud, who is believed to have masterminded the Paris attacks, was sentenced to 20 years in prison earlier this year after being tried in absentia for recruiting for Islamic State in Syria.

He was among 32 people charged with running one of Belgium’s largest jihadi recruitment networks, although many of the defendants – including Abaaoud – were tried in absentia and remain at large.

The Belgian news agency Belga reported in July that he was handed a 20-year prison term – the maximum sentence in the case – alongside the second main defendant, Khalid Zerkani, who was sentenced to 12 years for encouraging people to go to Syria.

Abaaoud was also accused of kidnapping, after his younger brother Younes travelled to Syria in January 2014 aged 13 and was described by the media as “the youngest jihadi in the world”.

Their father, Omar, having heard no news from his two sons, filed a police complaint against the older son.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:18 pm 

Source: Tricia Escobedo, CNN, Updated 5:02 PM ET

Bilal Hadfi, 20
Residence: Belgium
Suspected of: Stadium suicide bombing (Stade de France)

Ahmad al Muhammad, 25 (false name)
Residence: Unknown; immigrated with Syrian refugees

Identity unknown

Samy Amimour, 28
Suspected of: Bataclan concert suicide bombing

Ismael Omar Mostefai, 29
Residence: Chartres, France
Suspected of: Bataclan concert suicide bombing

Identity unknown
3rd piece of dead meat at Bataclan

Ibrahim Abdeslam, 31
(brother of Salah Abdeslam)
Citizenship: French
Suspected of: Suicide bombing, cafe on boulevard Voltaire

Salah Abdeslam, 26
Status: On the loose (one of three brothers suspected of involvement)
Citizenship: Belgian-born, French national
Suspected of: Unclear

More profile information and photos at link: http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/16/world/paris-attacks-suspects-profiles/index.html

Blue = ETA (Rumpole)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:32 pm 
ADMIN

Quote:
20m ago 02:12
US strikes hit 116 oil-hauling trucks in Syria

In an attack which was the first of its kind since US-led forces began airstrikes in Syria, US warplanes have destroyed 116 oil-hauling trucks in eastern Syria that were a key part of a smuggling operation that brings the group an estimated $1.4 million a day, the AP reports.

The trucks were clustered near Abu Kamal, a town close to the Iraqi border. US officials previously had said they avoided attacking fuel trucks out of concern for civilian casualties.

Navy Capt. Jeff Davis, a Pentagon spokesman, said that in an effort to warn the truck drivers to leave the area in advance of Sunday’s attacks, leaflets were dropped and coalition planes conducted low-level “show of force” flights over the site.

Davis said the coalition had determined that more needed to be done to inhibit the Islamic State’s generation of oil revenues in Syria and Iraq.

The Treasury Department said last year that the group earned nearly $1 million a day from illicit oil sales; the Pentagon believes that sum has risen to nearly $1.4 million a day. Since the earliest days of the U.S.-led bombing campaign, some parts of the Islamic State’s oil infrastructure have been attacked, but the effort is now intensifying.

“This part of it was designed to attack the distribution component of Isil’s oil smuggling operation,” Davis said, referring to attacking the fuel trucks. “Isil is stealing oil from the people of Iraq and Syria to fund its campaign of terror.”

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:37 pm 
ADMIN

Quote:
14s ago 02:35
Serbian police arrest man with Syrian passport matching attacker's

This report from the Guardian’s Milan Dinic in London and Amanda Holpuch in New York:

Serbian police have arrested a man carrying a Syrian passport with the same details as one found near the body of one of the Paris suicide bombers, police sources have told the Guardian.

The passport bears the same name and details – but a different photograph – as the document found near one of the men who attacked the Stade de France.

Serbian officials said that they believe both passports are fake, but added that they are working with French investigators to establish the origin of the documents.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:02 am 

And still the Muslim apologists are crying for the poor Muslims. At least we are up tp 26 states saying that we will take no Syrian refugees.

And Molly you listed 6 dead unless I'm worse at math than I think.

I can't find the 7th dead, I believe that they have 1 in custody but it is being kept mum.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:06 am 
ADMIN

We "Know" there were 3 dead 'uns at Bataclan concert ... I can add a note to Molly's post :cool

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:11 am 

How do we know that? there is a lot of information out there and I'm on Paris Jihad overload but is there a definitive account of there being 7 dead? If there are 7 dead what happened to the one who in the first moments we were hearing about this said "I am ISIS" ?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:14 am 
ADMIN

It has been reported MANY times.. that at the Bataclan, 2 rag heads blew themselves up and cops shot a third .... the Journalist that Molly quoted simply omitted to include that.

"Journalist" Tricia Escobedo ADMITS IT HERSELF.. from the article itself
    Ismael Omar Mostefai has been identified as one of the three suicide bombers armed with assault rifles at the Bataclan concert hall, where at least 89 people were killed.

ONE OF THREE - but she only lists 2 of them... I fixed it :cool

It's a CNN report... 'nuff said? :roll

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:19 am 

Anyone have an opinion on this I am terrible at recognizing faces.

The laughing terrorist: Video of 'Stade de France bomber' Ahmad Almohammad clapping and dancing at Serbia camp

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -camp.html

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:22 am 
ADMIN

They all look the same to me Carm :roll

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:25 am 

So it's confirmed 7 DRT, ugh I am so tired I'll just take your word for it Rumpole. What I am missing in my mind is the #3 savage at the stadium right?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:29 am 

Carmelita wrote:
And Molly you listed 6 dead unless I'm worse at math than I think.

I know, Carm. I was just as confused. Did a copy/paste of bits of the article, trying to get an "at a glance" list . Printed it and went looking for the other one. Got distracted. :98

Thanks Rumpole for fixing it! :)

I'll try to get another list, Carm. Just now getting the time to look. I'm still not clear "who is who" on the run. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:48 am 
ADMIN

Quote:
5.39am 05:39
France launches new raids on Raqqa - report

AFP are reporting France has launched a new round of air raids against Isis in Raqqa - a stronghold of the group.

It follows Sunday’s raids in which a dozen Isis targets - including a command centre, recruitment centre for jihadists, a munitions depot, and a training camp for fighters - were bombed by fighter jets launched from the United Arab Emirates and Jordan.

French president François Hollande on Monday vowed to intensify airstrikes against Isis.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:52 am 
ADMIN

In case this new air strike revs up the news...

FRANCE 24 live news stream: all the latest news 24/7

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:01 am 
ADMIN

Quote:
2m ago 05:59

We have more details of the French military airstrikes against Isis.

The French defence ministry has confirmed the raid, which occurred shortly after midnight GMT, according to AFP.

A total of 16 bombs were dropped from 10 Rafale and Mirage 2000 fighters, destroying a command centre and a training centre in Raqqa.

“Conducted in coordination with US forces, the raid was aimed at sites identified during reconnaissance missions previously carried out by France,” a statement from the ministry said.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:27 am 

Carmelita wrote:
...what happened to the one who in the first moments we were hearing about this said "I am ISIS" ?

Carm, this may be what you remember seeing on FOXNews Friday night. I can't find any recent news on it, and the link listed doesn't even mention it

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:17 am 
ADMIN

It's "the fog of war" some of the reports as events unfolded were.... WRONG!!!

Shepard Smith is NOT a reliable news source... Gnomesayin? :cool

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:20 am 
ADMIN

Guardian live blog version of perps......

The Paris attack suspects named so far:

Bataclan theatre
    Omar Ismaïl Mostefai, 29
    Mostefai was the first suicide attacker named by French authorities, identified by prints taken from a severed finger. A Turkish official has told the Guardian that Turkey twice tipped off French authorities about Mostefai but only received an information request about him after the Paris attacks.

Samy Amimour, 28

Detained in October 2012 on suspicion of “associating with terrorists” and planning to leave for Yemen and held for four days. He went to Syria in September 2013, violating his parole.

An unidentified third man was shot by security forces in the Bataclan

Stade de France
    Bilal Hadfi, 20
    French but living in Neder-over-Hembeek, Belgium, and became quickly radicalised last year. Went to fight in Syria and then returned to Belgium earlier this year.

“Ahmad Almohammad”, 25
    The name of a 25 year-old from Idlib found on a forged Syrian passport found near one of the bodies of the attackers at the Stade de France. The fingerprints of an attacker matched those taken from a man who passed through Greece in October but reports from Serbia say that another man has been detained there with an identical passport, suggesting that several may be in circulation.

The third suicide bomber to die outside the Stade de France is yet to be identified.

Comptoir Voltaire
    Ibrahim Abdeslam, 31
    Ibrahim, also known as Brahim Abdeslam, died at the Comptoir Voltaire cafe after detonating his suicide vest, according to French prosecutors, and was a French national living in the Brussels district of Molenbeek.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:35 am 

Don't worry Molly I am more confused than you :heart . I think I just listened to too many early reports and then became suspicious of the later reports. Thanks Rumpole :69

Last edited by Carmelita on Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:37 am 

Rumpole wrote:
They all look the same to me Carm :roll

They have shown several pictures that I thought, isn't that the last guy they showed?.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next