It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:38 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:03 am
Posts: 4955
Location: Fort Worth
4:30PM ET, Terror Events: #France #SeptSorts - Deliberate act, no indications of terrorist motive at this point. (Prosecutor's office)

Police: Girl, 8, killed as car plows into French pizzeria
By Angela Charlton | AP | August 14, 2017, 4:00PM ET


Image

PARIS (AP) — French police say an 8-year-old girl was killed and at least five people were injured when a driver slammed his car into the sidewalk cafe of a pizza restaurant in a small town east of Paris.

An official with the national gendarme service said the driver was arrested soon after the incident Monday night in the town of Sept-Sorts.

The official said it is unclear whether the act was deliberate. The official was not authorized to be publicly named according to police policy.

An Algerian man drove his car into a group of French soldiers last week, and a truck attack in the French city of Nice left 86 people dead a little more than a year ago. Several other countries have seen cars used as weapons in recent years.

Source: https://apnews.com/0476e1e280ce45b8b13fd1b9847037ec

------------

ETA: UPDATE: Police say 13-year-old girl (earlier described as 8-year-old) killed in pizzeria crash near Paris, her brother among injured - AP


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:45 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:03 am
Posts: 4955
Location: Fort Worth
AP says 6 dead, it is now up to 8 per Reuters latest update.

Machine gun attack on U.N. Mali base in Timbuktu kills seven
By Adama Diarra | Reuters | August 14, 2017, 4:43PM ET


BAMAKO (Reuters) - Gunmen attacked a United Nations peacekeeping base in the northern Mali city of Timbuktu on Monday, officials said, killing seven people, including five Malian security guards, a gendarme and civilian.

"An attack has been launched against one of our camps in Timbuktu (by) unknown men with machine guns," Radhia Achouri, a spokeswoman for the U.N. peacekeeping mission, said earlier by telephone, adding that it had deployed a rapid response force with helicopters to the scene.

Mali's army spokesman Selon Diaran Kone said the incident was now over, as the assailants had been repelled and four of them killed.

More at link: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mali ... SKCN1AU1S5


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:34 pm 
Online
ADMIN
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:30 pm
Posts: 45932
Location: Pomeroy's Wine Bar
Barcelona - Spain

Van drives into pedestrians.. the usual :roll


Fox News rolls out Daft-boy Shep to filter/interpret incoming reports, make stuff up, get things wrong.
Shep will caution that we don't know "the motive" could have been just an accident.
Eventually, Shep will concede it was NOT just a brake failure, and "tie it all together" and announce it's Trump's fault. :roll

Guardian Blog
https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/ ... st-updates

13 confirmed dead after van hits Las Ramblas crowds


Spanish national police have released a photograph of the man
alleged to have rented the van used in the attack. Identified as
Driss Oukabir.
Image

THIS dude is ARRESTED relates to SECOND VAN.. in city if "Vic" (40 miles way)

_________________
Image Do not go gentle into that good night.
___________ Rage, rage against the dying of the light


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:15 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:03 am
Posts: 4955
Location: Fort Worth
The Latest: Police: 5th suspect killed in Spain resort town
By Associate Press | August 17, 2017


BARCELONA, Spain (AP) 4:10 a.m.

The police force for Spain’s Catalonia region says the fifth suspect shot in the resort town of Cambrils has died and six civilians have been injured.

Police earlier Friday morning had said four suspects had been killed in the town south of Barcelona during a police operation to “respond to a terrorist attack.”

The confrontation came about eight hours after a van swerved through a pedestrian walkway in a popular destination in downtown Barcelona, killing 13 people and injured an estimated 100 more.

The regional police said they cannot say how the six civilians were injured at the moment.

They earlier tweeted that they are investigating whether the Cambrils suspects were wearing explosive vests. Its officers planned to carry out several controlled explosions.

The force says it is working on the theory that the Cambrils suspects were linked to the Barcelona attack, as well as to a Wednesday night explosion in the town of Alcanar in which one person was killed.

More at link: https://apnews.com/64285e3875ca43da92c82a0339049ad9

ETA: 4:48 a.m.

The police force for Spain’s Catalonia region says the five suspects shot and killed in the resort town of Cambrils were carrying bomb belts, which have been detonated by the force’s bomb squad.

Police earlier Friday morning had said five suspects had been killed in the town south of Barcelona during the police response to a terrorist attack in which five civilians and one police officer were wounded. They said two of the wounded are in serious condition.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:43 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:03 am
Posts: 4955
Location: Fort Worth
Russia? According to @TerrorEvents, ISIS has claimed the attack with a written statement.

Moment knifeman 'wearing a fake suicide vest' flees after stabbing eight people in Russian knife rampage - as it is claimed he is the son of a known 'extremist supporter' of radical Islam
By Will Stewart, Rachael Burford | MailOnline | Updated: 09:42 EDT, 19 August 2017


Image

A teenage knifeman wearing a fake suicide belt wounded at least eight people in a frenzied attack in a Russia this morning. 

The attacker, named locally as 19-year-old Artur Gadzhiev, was shot dead by police in a busy main street in Surgut, central Russia, at about 11.20am local time.

He is believed to be from Dagestan, a strongly Muslim region of Russia in the Caucasus.

Gadzhiev's father Lametulakh was reported to be registered with Russian police as an 'extremist' and 'supporter' of radical Islam. 

Shocking CCTV shows people fleeing for their lives as the attacker rampaged outside shops in the city. Footage shows him running by a pavilion and throwing something away before he was shot dead.

At least two people are fighting for their lives, while another five were hospitalised in the stabbing spree, authorities said. However witnesses claimed that the number of victims could be much higher.  

More at link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -city.html


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:14 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:03 am
Posts: 4955
Location: Fort Worth
Finland stabbings 'a likely terror act;' Ties to Spain eyed
By Associated Press | FOXNews.com | August 19, 2017


Image
The Suspect/Attacker

COPENHAGEN, Denmark – The knife attack in western Finland that left two people dead and seven others wounded is "a likely terror act," Finland's intelligence agency said Saturday, while police said Europol was investigating if it had any ties to deadly vehicle attacks in Spain.

The suspect — an 18-year-old Moroccan asylum-seeker — was shot and wounded in the thigh by police during his rampage Friday in the city of Turku. He was hospitalized under guard — still in intensive care Saturday — and is being investigated for murder with possible terrorist intent, police said.

His name has not been released but investigators say he came to Finland in early 2016 seeking asylum.

"It's likely at this moment that we're dealing with a terror attack," intelligence agency investigator Pekka Hiltunen said, adding that it was investigating the suspect's connections to the Islamic State group, since IS "has previously encouraged this kind of behavior."

"We think the attacker was going after women," Granroth said, adding that one man was slashed with the knife when he tried to stand between the attacker and a woman.

The suspect has yet to be questioned, while four others, also Moroccans living in Turku who know him, were detained on suspicion of involvement. An international arrest warrant had been issued for a sixth person, police said, declining to elaborate.

The two dead were Finnish women, while the seven wounded included four Finns, and one Italian, one Briton and one Swedish man. Two of the wounded were still in intensive care. The youngest victim was 15, the oldest 67, police said.

More at link: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/08/19 ... -eyed.html


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:55 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:03 am
Posts: 4955
Location: Fort Worth
CONCERT TERROR ALERT Rock band Allah-Las’ Rotterdam concert cancelled over terror threat as cops swoop on a Spanish van ‘packed with gas canisters’ just a week after deadly Barcelona attack

The US band were due to play in the Dutch city this evening
By Sam Christie | The Sun | Updated: 23rd August 2017, 10:48 pm


US band Allah-Las called off their gig at the last minute after Dutch authorities received a tip-off from Spanish police.

Police swooped on the Rotterdam concert venue amid fears of a terror threat.

Police arrested the driver of this van near the concert arena after a tip-off from Spanish cops.

More (lots of photos) at link: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4307820/r ... nd-latest/


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:06 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:03 am
Posts: 4955
Location: Fort Worth
Massive manhunt underway after explosion on London subway (0:38sec)




------------------------

Live Updates - The Guardian
September 15, 2017

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/liv ... ve-updates


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:33 pm 
Online
ADMIN
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:30 pm
Posts: 45932
Location: Pomeroy's Wine Bar
Thanks, Molly. I awoke to the news.

Again these rag-heads are attacking places I have been and know!! :59

Looks like nobody killed??

Quote:
The blast, at Parsons Green station on a District Line train from Wimbledon, is being treated as terrorism.

Twenty-nine people have been treated in hospitals, mostly for burns, though at least eight have now been discharged.

A hunt for the person who placed the device is under way and the area around the station has been evacuated.

_________________
Image Do not go gentle into that good night.
___________ Rage, rage against the dying of the light


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:43 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:03 am
Posts: 4955
Location: Fort Worth
This is a long article.

Politicians call for unity as Edmonton terror attack investigation continues
By Jana G. Pruden, Karen Howlett, Morgan Bocknek | The Globe & Mail | October 1, 2017


Image

• On Saturday night a driver plowed a vehicle through a barricade into a police officer outside of a CFL game in Edmonton. The suspect then began repeatedly stabbing the injured officer before fleeing the scene on foot, prompting a city-wide manhunt

• Police later stopped a U-Haul truck driver who matched the identity of the earlier suspect. The vehicle sped away and was pursued by police, a chase during which the individual swerved into pedestrians

• The suspect, a 30-year-old man, is in custody and appears to have acted alone, police say. An Islamic State flag was found inside the vehicle and the series of violent incidents is being investigated as a terrorist attack, police say
the police officer who was hit by the first vehicle and stabbed is in the hospital, along with four pedestrians who were hit with the U-Haul truck

• Alberta Premier Rachel Notley and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau condemned the attacks and urged the community to support its members

An Edmonton police officer and four pedestrians are in hospital with undisclosed injuries after a violent string of incidents which the city's police chief says is being investigated as a terrorist attack.
[...]
Police have said a 30-year-old man is in custody, and appears to have acted alone.

More at link: https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/news/n ... e36449925/

Another good article with photos: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4586556/e ... p-injured/

ETA: Update by @TerrorEvents 2m "The suspect has been identified as Abdulahi Hasan Sharif. (CBC)"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:10 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:03 am
Posts: 4955
Location: Fort Worth
ISIS claimed responsibility in a statement.

Marseille attack: Two young women stabbed to death
By BBC News | October 1, 2017


Image

Soldiers on guard at the station shot dead the attacker, who police described as of North African appearance and aged about 30. Witnesses said he shouted "Allahu akbar" (God is greatest).

One victim had her throat slit and the other was stabbed in the stomach. They were aged 17 and 20.

President Emmanuel Macron said he was disgusted by the "barbarous act".

He paid tribute to the soldiers and the police officers who responded.

The attack took place by a bench outside the southern French city's Saint Charles train station.

Interior Minister Gérard Collomb told reporters that the attacker had fled after the first murder but returned to kill again.

More at link: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-41461107


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:17 pm 
Online
ADMIN
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:30 pm
Posts: 45932
Location: Pomeroy's Wine Bar
Terrorist plot targeting NYC concerts, subways and landmarks foiled by investigators
By Denis Slattery, Victoria Bekiempis, Graham Rayman, Thomas Tracy
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS. Updated: Friday, October 6, 2017, 9:34 PM

A trio of maniacal terrorists targeted women and children — hoping to make “an ocean out of their blood” — in a failed attack they dreamed would be on par with 9/11, federal officials said Friday.

The ISIS-inspired plot to set off bombs in Times Square, the New York City subway system and at concerts in the Big Apple was thwarted by the FBI and NYPD before it ever got off the ground.

A federal court unsealed indictments against the three men in connection with the foiled attack, set to be carried out last summer, according to acting U.S. attorney Joon Kim.

The would-be jihadists were identified as 19-year-old Canadian Abdulrahman El Bahnasawy, 19-year-old Tala Haroon, a U.S. citizen who lives in Pakistan, and Russel Salic, 37, of the Philippines.

...more at link
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ter ... -1.3546153

_________________
Image Do not go gentle into that good night.
___________ Rage, rage against the dying of the light


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:45 pm 
Online
ADMIN
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:30 pm
Posts: 45932
Location: Pomeroy's Wine Bar
AUTHORITIES Quick to Declare this as "Not Terror"... but I disagree!!
Mayor Sadiq Khan is a lying Muslim POS
I'd be surprised if this does not involve an uneducated Immigrant
BTW... I have walked around that area... as I have all the areas now subject to attack by savages.

Police rule out terror after 11 people are injured as cab driver mounts the pavement and 'mows down pedestrians' outside London's Natural History Museum before being pinned to the ground

  • Man arrested in the heart of capital's museum land after several pedestrians were mowed down by a vehicle
  • He was pinned to the ground by security guards and arrested as hundreds of terrified tourists fled the scene
  • The black Toyota Prius - a registered minicab - careered into a sign before crashing into a crowd
  • Scotland Yard said the incident is not being treated as terror related, describing it as a 'road traffic collision'
  • Witness told MailOnline: 'A black Toyota went ploughing straight towards us. I thought it had lost control'
  • Did you see what happened? Call 0203 615 2210 or email katie.french@mailonline.co.uk

By Scott Campbell and Charlie Moore and Joe Sheppard and Katie French and Stewart Paterson and Sophie Inge and Rory Tingle For Mailonline
Published: 00:47 +11:00, 8 October 2017 | Updated: 05:23 +11:00, 8 October 2017

Image


http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... useum.html

_________________
Image Do not go gentle into that good night.
___________ Rage, rage against the dying of the light


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group