It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:50 am 
ADMIN

Old article.. but new info to me......

Neighbors of murdered Florida doctor describe hearing screams on the day she was found dead inside her home - as police remain tight-lipped on cause of death

• Teresa Sievers was found dead in her upscale Florida home on Monday
  • Her husband and 2 daughters were with relatives in Connecticut at time
  • Physician had flown home alone from the family trip on Sunday evening
  • Her body was discovered by police after she failed to show up for work
  • Now, neighbors have described hearing screams on morning of killing
  • One said she heard pained 'shrill', while another heard 'a man arguing'
  • Police have yet to reveal cause of Sievers's death, or a possible motive
  • Sievers, 46, was well-regarded doctor at Florida's Estero Medical Center

By Sophie Jane Evans For Dailymail.com
Published: 13:35 GMT, 4 July 2015 | Updated: 18:55 GMT, 4 July 2015

Family: Sievers is survived by her husband, Mark
and daughters, aged eight and six.

The neighbors of a well-regarded doctor and mother of two who was discovered murdered inside her upscale Florida home have described hearing screams on the day of her death.

Dr Teresa Ann Sievers, 46, who operated the Restorative Health & Healing Center in the Estero Medical Center, was found dead at her family's house on Jarvis Road in Bonita Springs on Monday morning while her husband and children were with relatives in Connecticut.

Police have confirmed that the physician - who had flown home alone from the family trip the night before - is the victim of a homicide, but have yet to reveal the cause of death or a motive.

Now, neighbors have told of how they heard pained screams and shouting coming from Sievers's house on the morning of her killing.

'It was early in the morning, before the sun was up… I got up and I heard what was like a shrill, resident Donetta Contreras told WINK News.

She added: 'I have children and I know when a child gets hurt how they’ll have a shrill and to me that’s what it sounded like.'

Another neighbor, who wished to remain unnamed, told the news station that he heard what sounded like a man arguing with someone inside Sievers's home just before sunrise.

Several hours later, Sievers, a mother of two young daughters, was discovered dead inside her house after she failed to show up for work.

...more at link
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... death.html

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:59 am 
ADMIN

I thought about NOT including one of the family pics from the Daily Mail article, but....

It is IMPORTANT to know what the husband looks like, and info about him. He is a "POI" as far as I am concerned.
The photo is already in the public domain.

To me he looks just like his friend Curtis Wayne Wright one of the perps. :eek

......Mark Sievers (Husband)............Curtis Wayne Wright (Perp)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:27 am 

Yes, Rump. You're so right. Right down to the shape of the eyeglass frames. Interesting.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:02 pm 
ADMIN

I have given this case it's own Sub-forum
I suspect there will be need for additional threads as time goes on.
At the moment I have a "Reference thread" It is LOCKED so let me know it you have something you think constitutes useful reference. (Links, photos, documents etc)

MURDER OF Dr TERESA SIEVERS REFERENCE (NO DISCUSSION)
viewtopic.php?f=140&t=1620

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:00 pm 
ADMIN

Intricate investigation of Sievers murder explained by Sheriff
BEN BRASCH, 3:42 p.m. EDT September 1, 2015

When Lee County investigators flew to Missouri searching for the killers of Dr. Teresa Sievers, they packed for three days.

They were there three weeks.

Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott said Sgt. David Lebid and Det. Michael Downs came back not only with new clothes but a wealth of evidence.

Scott said the sheriff's office is thrilled the agency's investigation into the adored Estero doctor's June 29 murder led to the arrests last week of 25-year-old Jimmy Rodgers and 47-year-old Curtis Wayne Wright.

Warrants say the Missouri men need to appear in Florida on second-degree murder charges.

"I don't know that there's been a higher profile case," Scott said of Sievers' murder.

He knows two months sounds like a lot of time to investigate, but: “Knowing what I know, it seems pretty fast."

A Missouri circuit judge set a Sept. 30 extradition hearing for Wright as a formality, said Alisha McKalip, with the circuit clerk's office in Hillsboro, Missouri.

Wright has refused to waive his extradition, according to a fugitive probable cause affidavit. But the court document dated Monday goes on to say that a Lee prosecutor will ask Florida Gov. Rick Scott for a warrant to involuntarily extradite Wright.

...more at link

http://www.news-press.com/story/news/cr ... /71478592/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:01 pm 
ADMIN

Neighbors of dead doctor in fear after slaying
Kristine Gill
3:43 PM, Jul 1, 2015, updated 9:52 PM, Jul 1, 2015

A few dozen cadets from a local training academy combed front yards and looked through garbage cans Wednesday along Jarvis Road in Bonita Springs, days after an Estero doctor was found dead in her home.

Two men leaned against a burgundy sedan at the end of the street, consoling each other as they looked past crime scene tape roping off Teresa Siever’s home. They shook their heads when approached for comment.

And neighbors continued to worry Wednesday that the doctor’s homicide might have been a random attack. That they, too, could be at risk.

“Now with this thing going on we don’t know any information,” Donetta Contrerars said. “Did they catch him? Is it an isolated incident? Or do we have a raving maniac on the loose?”

The Lee County Sheriff’s Office did not answer questions about the crime including whether the public was at risk or whether a suspect had been identified, citing a state statute that exempts information related to an active criminal investigation. They provided no new information Wednesday as to motive or cause of death.

...more at link
http://www.naplesnews.com/news/crime/ne ... g_19464889

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:34 pm 
ADMIN

Sheriff talks with Nancy Grace regarding Dr. Sievers murder
BEN BRASCH, 5:41 p.m. EDT September 1, 2015

Lee Sheriff Mike Scott will appear on "Nancy Grace" at 8 p.m. talking about the murder of Dr. Teresa Sievers.

"Her interest in this case speaks to this case," Scott said. "She dedicated a hell of a lot of time to it."

Sievers was found dead in her Bonita Springs home June 29. Deputies filed warrants for the arrest of two Missouri men on second-degree murder charges in the death of the doctor.

"Nancy Grace" airs on HLN. Check your local listings.

...more at link
http://www.news-press.com/story/news/cr ... /71535832/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:03 pm 
ADMIN

Tragedies have affected both sides in Sievers case
MICHAEL BRAUN, 8:43 p.m. EDT September 1, 2015

While Curtis Wayne Wright Jr., 47, sits in a Missouri jail on murder charges in the death of Dr. Teresa Sievers, his wife of less than four months is again dealing with a tragic situation.

Angela Wideman, 42, married Wright in May, two months after her 24-year-old daughter tragically died, only to have her husband jailed over his alleged role in the death of the Bonita Springs doctor.

“She’s very distraught,” said Karen Wideman, Angela Wright’s mother. Wideman said her daughter is now living with her and dealing with her husband’s arrest.

Wright's attorney filed a bond motion for Wright on Tuesday and lawyer Daris Almond says he will fight Florida prosecutors' attempts to extradite him, according to a report in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch/STLtoday.com. A Missouri circuit judge has set a Sept. 30 extradition hearing for Wright.

A Florida court document dated Monday says a Lee County prosecutor will ask Florida Gov. Rick Scott for a warrant to involuntarily extradite Wright.

...more at link
http://www.news-press.com/story/news/cr ... /71532492/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:49 pm 
ADMIN

Why not first-degree murder for suspects in Dr. Teresa Sievers case
Jessica Lipscomb
6:53 PM, Sep 1, 2015

With news last week that two Missouri men had been named on warrants for second-degree murder in the death of Dr. Teresa Sievers, a common question has arisen on social media and among those discussing the case: Why not first-degree murder?

In Florida, the only way a first-degree murder charge can be brought forth is through a grand jury’s indictment.

Each of the five counties in Southwest Florida’s 20th Judicial Circuit has its own grand jury, made up of 21 people, said Samantha Syoen, a spokeswoman for the State Attorney’s Office. A new grand jury is chosen every six months.

“It’s made up of average citizens, just like a regular jury is,” Syoen said.

Syoen declined to comment specifically on the Sievers case, beyond saying that the State Attorney’s Office has not yet received the case in its entirety to review for potential charges. Both suspects, Curtis “Wayne” Wright and Jimmy Rodgers, are named on warrants for second-degree murder, but at this point no charges have actually been filed, Syoen said.

State Attorney Steve Russell declined to comment last week when asked whether prosecutors will convene a grand jury to determine if Wright and Rodgers should be charged with first-degree murder.

...more at link
http://www.naplesnews.com/news/crime/wh ... e_71863055

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:53 pm 
ADMIN

Sheriff opens up about Dr. Teresa Sievers homicide investigation
By Katie Jones. CREATED Jul 7, 2015

LEE COUNTY, Fla.- For the first time, Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott has opened up about the death of Dr. Teresa Sievers.

46-year-old Teresa Ann Sievers, who operated "The Restorative Health and Healing Center" in Estero, was found dead in her Bonita Springs home on June 29th after failing to show up for work.

Detectives have been collecting evidence at her home for more than a week. Sheriff Scott said he doesn't believe her murder was a random attack.

"I'm just going to say I believe this case the intricacies and evidence thus far leads me to believe it is not random or arbitrary," Sheriff Scott said.

Sheriff Scott said detectives have collected several pieces of evidence including computers and phones that have been driven to labs on the east coast.

He said releasing any more details about Sievers' death would be harmful to the investigation but does not believe the community is in any danger.

"I believe and of course I remain very very optimistic that we will be able to share all the details and that at some point all of this will become very very clear for everyone it's just that right now it's premature," Sheriff Scott said.

Sheriff Scott said they are working several leads and possible motives but if you have any information about Teresa Sievers' death call LCSO or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS.

...more at link
http://www.scrippsmedia.com/fox4now/new ... 04161.html

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:14 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
"In Florida, the only way a first-degree murder charge can be brought forth is through a grand jury’s indictment."

Ahh, okay. Without having the case yet, I can understand the State Attorney not wanting to speak about it ... but surely they will present it to a grand jury. Especially after hearing it was a brutal/gruesome crime, and after reading the Florida law you posted ;)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:17 pm 
ADMIN

I also read that it might be an issue for extradition from MO to FL if they face DP... no idea how that works... I though MO had DP too?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:26 pm 
ADMIN

States With and Without the Death Penalty
(As of July 1st 2015)

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/states- ... th-penalty

STATES WITH THE DEATH PENALTY (31)
Spoiler:
Alabama
Arizona
Arkansas
California
Colorado
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Idaho
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
Nevada
New Hampshire
North Carolina
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Washington
Wyoming

ALSO
- U.S. Gov't
- U.S. Military

STATES WITHOUT THE DEATH PENALTY (19)
(YEAR ABOLISHED IN PARENTHESES)
Spoiler:
Alaska (1957)
Connecticut (2012)
Hawaii (1957)
Illinois (2011)
Iowa (1965)
Maine (1887)
Maryland (2013)
Massachusetts (1984)
Michigan (1846)
Minnesota (1911)
Nebraska (2015)
New Jersey (2007)
New Mexico (2009)
New York (2007)
North Dakota (1973)
Rhode Island (1984)
Vermont (1964)
West Virginia (1965)
Wisconsin (1853)

ALSO
Dist. of Columbia (1981)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:03 pm 
ADMIN

Suspect in Sievers death violates federal probation
By the associated press • September 2, 2015

ST. LOUIS (AP) – One of two Missouri men charged with killing a southwest Florida doctor will serve six months in federal prison for a probation violation in an unrelated gun case.

A federal judge in St. Louis ruled Wednesday that 25-year-old Jimmy Ray Rodgers broke the terms of his 2011 guilty plea to unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon.

Rodgers was charged last week with second-degree murder in the death of Teresa Sievers, a 46-year-old holistic physician whose body was found in her Bonita Springs home in late June.

Forty-seven-year-old Curtis Wayne Wright Jr., who grew up with Sievers’ husband in Hillsboro, Missouri, is also charged in the case. He too remains in custody in Missouri.

Rodgers’ court-appointed attorney in Missouri said her client “didn’t know the people in Florida.”

...more at link
http://www.winknews.com/2015/09/02/miss ... -in-court/

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:08 pm 
ADMIN

So.. Jimmy Ray Rodgers was sentenced to 6 months

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:27 pm 

Well this changes things up a bit.

Quote:
Rodgers’ attorney says he will have to complete those six months, before deputies can bring him to Southwest Florida.

A local attorney says the six month sentence could be a good thing. Once Rodgers is in Florida, he could request the right to a speedy trial, meaning his case has to go to trial in 180 days.

Maybe I am missing something here, but requesting a speedy trial after 6 months (of preparation by prosecutors), doesn't compute as "speedy" to me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:14 am 
ADMIN

Murdered Bonita doctor's husband: "No comment"
Posted: Sep 03, 2015 9:55 AM
Updated: Sep 03, 2015 11:33 AM
By Trent Kelly, Reporter

LEE COUNTY, FL - Two months after Dr. Teresa Sievers was brutally murdered inside their Bonita Springs home, we're hearing from her husband for the first time.

Two men have been arrested for the crime, including Mark Sievers' childhood friend.

NBC2 has tried reaching Mark Sievers for nearly a week now. Since the news of two arrests in the murder case, Mark's cell phone has been shut off. It's also the same phone his wife's former patients are directed to call.

It was just about a week ago that Mark's best friend, Curtis Wayne Wright, and another man, Jimmy Rodgers, were arrested and charged with second-degree murder.

Both live in Mark's home state of Missouri.

In an effort to find out the latest in the investigation, NBC2 went to Teresa Sievers' former practice in Estero on Wednesday.

NBC2's Trent Kelly caught up with Mark as he walked to his car. Kelly asked Mark if he was friends with Wright and if he knew Rodgers. He said "no comment."

That's when Kelly asked the very question many viewers have been writing into our newsroom about: Did Mark have any involvement in his wife's death?

Mark looked Kelly straight in the eye and didn't say a word as he got into his car and drove away.

We know Sheriff Mike Scott has made it very clear his deputies are still looking into this case, saying last night on cable TV that anyone and everyone with ties to Teresa and her practice are being investigated.

There is now word on who or what they are still looking into.

...more at link
http://www.nbc-2.com/story/29946319/... ... efVHX2LWRk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:15 am 
ADMIN

Sievers family coping as investigation continues
By Adam Pinsker. CREATED 10:39 PM

NAPLES, Fl. - It's still not clear if Mark Sievers and his children are staying at his family's home in Collier County. We spoke with his step mother briefly off camera she told us the family is "coping." Jennie Weckelman said investigators told her not to talk about the case publicly.

Mark Sievers and his two children haven’t been seen in public since June 29th, after Mark’s wife Teresa was found murdered in her Bonita Springs home. Last week two men were arrested and charged with the murder.

Another man living at the home was angry when we showed up to ask how Dr. Sievers family is doing. The man is Norman Schwartz, the father of Mark Sievers' stepmother Jennie Weckelman.

...more at link
http://www.scrippsmedia.com/fox4now/new ... 25851.html

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:17 am 
ADMIN

Sheriff Scott shares more information in Sievers murder
By Corey Lazar • September 2, 2015

FORT MYERS, Fla.–Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott says they’re not ruling anything out when it comes to the potential of more suspects in the brutal murder of Bonita Springs doctor Teresa Sievers.

We asked Sheriff Scott if he believes anyone else was inside Sievers home when she was murdered.

“Well we have not ruled that out. We have not ruled out any other involvement at any level,” said Scott.

Sheriff Scott says they have a very large envelope of suspicion.

“You look at family, immediate friends, close friends, you look at business associates and things of that nature,” said Scott.

...more at link
http://www.winknews.com/2015/09/02/sher ... rs-murder/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:43 pm 
ADMIN

Gov. Scott on Wright warrant: "We'll respond"
Posted: Sep 04, 2015 8:54 AM
Updated: Sep 04, 2015 9:52 AM
By Jaclyn Bevis, Reporter

Gov. Rick Scott talked about how unimaginable the crime seems and what he'll do if a warrant for Curtis Wright lands on his desk.

"When we get asked," Scott said, "we'll respond."

It could get all the way to Scott because Wright will not waive extradition, meaning he won't leave a Missouri jail without a fight.

His attorney has scheduled bond hearings, likely in an effort to change his "no bond" status.

...more at link
http://www.nbc-2.com/story/29955121/gov ... ejaYH2LWRk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next