It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1065 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 54  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:47 pm 

murderbythebook wrote:
Thanks for your help. 22 Tabs! I find it hard to keep up with two. We have a lot of wind here and maybe a monsoon moving in later. Maybe that's why. I hope my Dish doesn't go down. These warnings we get are pretty much on.

Hope you get a working live link, murder! This is a great day for watching a cross by Martinez!

azcentral has worked beautifully all along for me, too.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:49 pm 

forensicpsy wrote:
:Gslap "That's quite an extrapolation, Mr. Martinez."

Juan asked," just by looking at a text message from years ago you can tell what a person is thinking?"

OMG! Another commercial break! :roll

I know - I laughed when I read that one - "that's quite an extrapolation, Mr. Martinez." :roll

I had to leave for a short time, but now I'm back for the rest of the day. Hope you'll be here!! :86

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:55 pm 

For a chuckle:

Wild About Trial 2 WildaboutTrial2 56m
I said, "sir I didn't ask if it came with coleslaw or beans, it's a yes or no answer".

Wild About Trial2 WildaboutTrial2 58m
I find myself talking like Juan a lot. When ordering lunch yesterday I said "isn't it true the burger comes with fries?"

Wild About Trial 2 WildaboutTrial2 59m
Juan is pointing out that Alyce is believing what #JodiArias says based on an instant message.

Wild About Trial 2 WildaboutTrial2 52m
Alyce continues to read the lengthy messages with her Harry Potter glasses. She just got finished now.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:09 pm 

If I were a juror, I would disregard all her testimony. I noticed the way she will look at the jury from time to time with an exasperated look on her face. Also she looks at the defense table a lot. I think she wants them to object more. When she makes a point she is proud of, she looks at them with a sort of smirk.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:30 pm 
ADMIN

murderbythebook wrote:
Thanks for your help. 22 Tabs! I find it hard to keep up with two. We have a lot of wind here and maybe a monsoon moving in later. Maybe that's why. I hope my Dish doesn't go down. These warnings we get are pretty much on.

Mostly pages I can click on and then refresh and read... they mostly sit there not downloading stuff :)

Always a YT page, and a photobucket page, and a CTH page.. and a few other forums... I have a site mail page at all times and few RT pages so I can run between threads :lol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:39 pm 

murderbythebook wrote:
If I were a juror, I would disregard all her testimony. I noticed the way she will look at the jury from time to time with an exasperated look on her face. Also she looks at the defense table a lot. I think she wants them to object more. When she makes a point she is proud of. she looks at them with a sort of smirk.

They were giving her a back rub during the break? :Gslap OMG! Queen Alyce!

She gets $400/day and a massage!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:49 pm 

OK....back!

Martinez then asked LaViolette how could she then render an accurate opinion in the Arias case if she didn't conduct interviews and mostly relied on text messages, emails, and journals in her evaluation.

Martinez said, "The question is asked why is that important to you, Ms. LaViolette. Do you see that?"

"Yes," said LaViolette.

Martinez asked, "And the answer is, 'It’s important to me because there is a saying, I don’t know if all of the world, but in the clinical world, 90% of all communication is nonverbal,' Did you say that? Yes or no?"

"Yes I did," said LaViolette.

Martinez asked, "And then there is a sentence that says, 'And that’s one of the things that we are looking at is apparently the communication between Mr. Alexander and although he says it’s okay for her to date.' And then it goes on, right?"

"Yes and it is in the context that also personal communication, face-to-face communication between Mr. Alexander and Ms. Arias," said LaViolette.

Martinez asked, "I know that is what you want to tell us but in terms of 598 [a piece of evidence], it does say, 'I don’t know if all of the world, but in the clinical world, 90% of all communication is nonverbal.' That’s what it says, right?"

"Yes," said LaViolette.

Martinez asked, "And if we are applying that to the conversation involving [another woman] and to Mr. Alexander that you told us about last Thursday, that would mean that you were 90% wrong because there was no, you were not able to look at the nonverbal communication, were you?"

"That’s quite an extrapolation Mr. Martinez," said LaViolette.

HLN is live-blogging the Jodi Arias trial. Read about LaViolette's testimony from Thursday, here, her fifth day on the stand here, her fourth day here, her third day here, her second here and her first moments on the witness stand here. Read below for minute-by-minute updates from the trial. (Best read from the bottom up):

4:47 p.m. ET: Martinez is grilling LaViolette about her presentation about how "Snow White" could be considered a battered woman. LaViolette said the presentation was about gender, and Martinez is taking it out of context.

4:41 p.m. ET: The judge just announced court will not be held April 22, because a juror has another engagement.

4:39 p.m. ET: The attorneys are at a sidebar with the judge.

4:32 p.m. ET: LaViolette is on the stand, and the trial is being seated.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:51 pm 

murderbythebook wrote:
If I were a juror, I would disregard all her testimony. I noticed the way she will look at the jury from time to time with an exasperated look on her face. Also she looks at the defense table a lot. I think she wants them to object more. When she makes a point she is proud of. she looks at them with a sort of smirk.

Yes, she would look at the jurors with a very smug smirk. She must be feeling out of control not being able to "control" the Prosecutor.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:52 pm 
ADMIN

4:49 p.m. ET: Judge Stephens told LaViolette to answer the questions and not to volunteer information.

I was just doing a post... but see Remote is back...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:54 pm 

Sorry....back for the rest now! :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:55 pm 

WildAboutTrial WildAboutTrial 2m
I watched Snow White this weekend but I didn't see any stabbing or gun shots so I lost interest.

WildAboutTrial WildAboutTrial 4m
Many tweeters voice their opinion that they wish Juan would move on from the questioning about the speech title

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:56 pm 

OMG - Just answer what the heck "tool" you DID use!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:57 pm 

Remote wrote:
I watched Snow White this weekend but I didn't see any stabbing or gun shots so I lost interest.

WildAboutTrial WildAboutTrial 4m
Many tweeters voice their opinion that they wish Juan would move on from the questioning about the speech title

:Gslap Juan is hilarious!!!

"You never came to a conclusion whether Snow White was a battered woman, did you?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:58 pm 
ADMIN

DRINK!!! :63

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:59 pm 

forensicpsy wrote:

:Gslap Juan is hilarious!!!

"You never came to a conclusion whether Snow White was a battered woman, did you?"

Hilarious!!! I'm so frustrated that she doesn't answer a single question!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:59 pm 

Alyce doesn't look very happy!

:lol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:01 pm 

4:56 p.m. ET: Arias is listening closely as Martinez asks LaViolette question after question. She even seemed to have a smirk at one point.

4:53 p.m. ET: Martinez is asking if LaViolette's opinion is subjective. LaViolette said she is no more subjective than a police officer or an investigator, and no one is 100% objective.

4:50 p.m. ET: Martinez is comparing the analysis she did to evaluate "Snow White" to what she did in the Arias case. He made the point that she did not interview many of the people in the Arias just like how she couldn't interview the seven dwarves.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:03 pm 

WildAboutTrial WildAboutTrial 1m
The testing is left to people that have a higher degree than Alyce as Juan points out.

WildAboutTrial WildAboutTrial 1m
Alyce is not an expert in testing she admits. She works with people who do the tests and they go over the test together.

Juan refers to her as a counselor but she calls herself a psychotherapist.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:04 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
Mostly pages I can click on and then refresh and read... they mostly sit there not downloading stuff :)

Always a YT page, and a photobucket page, and a CTH page.. and a few other forums... I have a site mail page at all times and few RT pages so I can run between threads:lol

You're good, no doubt about it. :28

Last edited by murderbythebook on Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:07 pm 

murderbythebook wrote:

You're good, no doubt about it. :28

I was :eek with the 22 tabs, too! :Gslap

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1065 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 54  Next