It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:29 pm 

Dr. LaViolette is now facing a public backlash of "outraged attendees" and event coordinator had to cancel her speaking engagement this weekend in Arizona! Seems many feel she has betrayed real domestic abuse victims and the event had to cancel her bit.

GOOD!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:37 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
I actually found her presentation interesting. Well presented with some humour and an obviously genuine concern.

But... all the more reason why she should NOT have associated herself with Jodi IMO

I actually like her style, too, and feel she is absolutely right in her assessments - BUT, what incenses me is her tailoring what she says to fit Jodi. She should have LAUGHED at the defense trying to portray Jodi as a "victim" (which is probably why the 5 or so others wisely declined before her) and not have compromised her life's work and her professional integrity.

Looking at her, I don't believe she was interested in making a fast buck. So that makes me really wonder why she would agree to this farce?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:43 pm 

Word is that yesterday, when LaViolette took her potty break (around 3:00pm Arizona time), she headed towards Samantha, Travis's sister and said something to her. Flores saw this and then went and sat with Samantha. The cameras didn't record any of this.

Samantha told a poster who was attending that Martinez was going to take care of it. Some are saying this is why the judge wanted to speak privately with the attorneys out in the hallway after court recessed yesterday. I'm so curious!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:50 pm 

Puzzler and Remote...

#5 seems like a loose cannon, don't you think?

What a circus!! :95

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:16 pm 

Joni wrote:
Puzzler and Remote...

#5 seems like a loose cannon, don't you think?

What a circus!! :95

Maybe, but I would sure like to hear an interview with her. So far I don't see anything wrong with her attending the trial. She is the public now and has that right.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:43 pm 

If I'm caught up right on this case, it sounds like juror 5 is a set up.
But if she's anti arias, what's the problem?
I think the defense is up to something. She's gonna cause a mistrial.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:08 pm 

Hi murderbythe book! :28

I guess #5 just scares me. Something like a powder keg that might blow. I think for the sake of justice, I would have stayed out of there now. Things *could* happen even IF NOT BECAUSE OF HER -but from someone else. That's just me though ...

The defense is chomping at the bit for any morsel they can get. I think they know people are hating her ... well many! THEY SURE WANT A MISTRIAL!!

It surely was a horrific nasty, nasty vicious murder. Gads - - murder is NEVER a way of solving anything! Our precious life belongs to us... a gift from our parents, I always felt.

Before I was kidding R. about keeping HIM after school because he put on a pretty ummm racy video! I AM NOT MANAGEMENT! That's what was funny I thought! :lol He always does that to others.

It's My Turn :DN4

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:14 pm 

kj HI!! Boy that's what they really want isn't it? A MISTRIAL!

Always to their benefit - to have a re-run. They know everything about how the prosecution operates, and a dry run for their witnesses. This then would have been their final - "dress rehearsal". Big advantage I think...

NOT GOOD!! :94

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:06 pm 

Looks like Juror #5 is slowly becoming a "problem." From Arizona posters, they say she's done 2 television interviews and a newspaper. :roll

Jodi Arias murder trial: Juror 5 surprised by media attention

“I was encouraged to come,” she told The Arizona Republic, though she wouldn’t say by whom. Her mother-in-law, Camilla Omanovic, however, said that Meliha (pronounced Ma-LEE-hah) had received three calls from the court the day before."

http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa ... ck_check=1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:42 pm 

murderbythebook wrote:

Maybe, but I would sure like to hear an interview with her. So far I don't see anything wrong with her attending the trial. She is the public now and has that right.

Hi murderbythebook! Happy to see you here and I just noticed you are in Arizona! I've read that this kind of a trial with all the delays (court days off, short hours) is typical for an Arizona trial? Is the Arias trial something everyone is discussing? :N21

The only problem I have with #5 attending trial is that it is one more potential "problem" they must be watching in this already volatile case.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:17 am 

Just when you think there aren't enough clowns in this circus....along comes Dr. Phool!

https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Travis?ref=stream

DR PHIL AND JODI ARIAS SCOOP

Dr Phil Production Company is paying for Jodi Arias family living expenses - hotel, food and travel for the last 94 days in AZ.

Sandra Arias paid for daily notes she writes while trial testimony takes place.

Dr Phil paid license fee for photos and video of Arias Family.

Dr. Phil producer visited Jodi 2 times in jail so far per jailhouse visitor log.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:25 am 

Also, according to that site, seems Juror #5 gives an interview in which she says she will not attend the trial any longer - that she will stay home and watch it like the rest of us. :Q25

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:30 am 
ADMIN

She could join RT and get a proper view of the trial :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:51 am 

She seems like she would be more trouble than she's worth! :WW

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:06 am 
ADMIN

You could handle her...

:RTFM :fish

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:04 pm 

Nancy Grace said it is very dangerous to have juror #5 in the courtroom. If anything even LOOKS like something inappropriate ... (even IF DONE by a JUROR or ANYONE ELSE) and her actions are above reproach, it somehow becomes fodder for another cry of MISTRIAL by the defense. It DEPENDS ON *OTHERS* - NOTHING to do with **HER ACTIONS**? That scares me.

Even if too much "eye contact" with a juror, innocent though it CAN be, can be turned into fodder for a MISTRIAL for the defense she said. This could be very harmful to the case. Why can't she just sit home... and not risk ANY problems for the Prosecution? This is a bigger problem I think than she even understands. Our logic doesn't always work ... when it comes to the Law. They have their own narrow legal "meanings".

Even if another appeal for a Mistrial is shot down, IF there are ENOUGH of these "requests" ... an Appellate court might find that the defense GETS a Mistrial Nancy G. said! So looks like they can't lose by jumping up and trying, over and over for a Mistrial. THEY are adding up... and if enough of them ... might sway a judge to order a retrial. :doh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:43 pm 

Yes, Juror #5 is a problem.
She was a problem and got dismissed from jury duty.
She is a problem by showing up in court and creating an uncomfortable scene.
She, I believe, will continue to be a problem.

Thank goodness she's said she won't be in court anymore. I hope she means that. There are pictures of a "court employee" talking with #5 right after court yesterday. Maybe that's what changed the juror's mind about showing up any more.

Sorry to say, that with the knowledge that Juror #5 made herself stand out during the months-long trial by sitting on the edge of her seat, different hair colors and shaking of her head one way or the other (reporters noticed her and watched her - IMO - that means other jurors couldn't help but notice her either), then saying/acting whatever way she was doing to get herself kicked off the jury.....then....her showing up in court was not (IMO) her wanting to continue to be a part of the trial...it was more like "I AM" going to be here.

That kind of attitude is a problem...and that she would have the gall to show up in court after being dismissed for misconduct...shows you the depth of the problem. That's why I believe she will continue to be a problem.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:46 pm 

One other thing, HLN was commenting that the juror sat way in the back across from the jurors - out of the way - and wasn't looking at the jury.

There's another way to interpret what I saw: the expelled juror was sitting as far away from the jury on the opposite side - so that she could see the jury, or more importantly, so that the jury could see her. And...I did see her leaning back and looking at what appeared to be toward the jury.

The funny part was that the video showed her doing that while HLN was saying that the juror wasn't looking around! :Gslap

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:14 pm 

Puzzler - I think the Bailiff sat her there. Probably had instructions from the Judge?
Way way far away from the jury... as far as possible.

We are fighting for justice for the victim. It is so odd ... these liars just spew out their stories, over and over again, lies ... over and over again. They continue their tap dancing, trying to DISTRACT from the real essence of the case - the dead, slaughtered body. They ALL do this in every case.

The Law is so concerned for justice for the accused. The victim is done - yesterday's news.

I wonder if entire trials should be based on forensic evidence only? WHY hear their "STORY" of self serving LIES their side? WE KNOW we will get nothing but lies from them, and "usually" from their family too. Maybe not in this case ... a rarity?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:17 pm 

Now that is really OUT that Jodi is a world class liar, do we even know if Travis ordered that "T shirt" or if Jodi herself had it made? It said "Travis Alexander's".

Jodi lending him $700. another lie? What proof? She owed HIM money because she was "buying" his car from him.

EVERYTHING ... I mean EVERYTHING about everything is coming from her - Jodi Arias LIAR! WHAT parts of their relationship did SHE decided to record ... or partially share? I wonder how many she deleted? Knowing her, she shared ONLY what would help her.

She said Travis asked her to record that sex audio tape. HOW do we know he did, or even KNEW that she was recording it? We should think back about everything she said.

I recall Jodi even LIED in her own Journal. Can't remember what it was. What was the purpose of that? Written later, for Police to find?

Sex, lies and video tapes.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next