It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 991 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 50  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:39 pm 
ADMIN

Continue Discussion here in Discussion Thread #3

Previous discussion threads:

Jodi Arias Murder Trial Discussion #2
viewtopic.php?f=88&t=813

Jodi Arias Murder Trial Discussion #1
viewtopic.php?f=88&t=712&p=19709#p19709

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:20 pm 

The "Finger"...
We have figured out there IS no real Jodi ... she just mimics everyone else and that becomes her.

The above picture - she's Lindsay Lohan. Lindsay did that - AND in the court room.

There's No You :DN4

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:22 pm 

..... :98

Hi to you, Joni :28

In reference to PTSD counseling you said, "That must be very painful when they peel back the layers of the onion, and re-open the wounds, and start discussing and picking at them."

That might help with the perpetrator of the awful event, if he's got a conscience, sorry for what he's done, and has somebody besides a psychologist or psychiatrist for a counselor. ;)

But I think it gets complicated, depending on whether the one with the PTSD is an innocent bystander of the event (my case) or the perpetrator of it. What could a counselor have done for me? Nothing. They can't take away what I saw and heard. They can only try to tell me it's all a myth and pack me up with drugs. I'd rather deal with the reality and get past it, which I did. I never had a problem discussing it. Why would I? I didn't cause the event.

I don't believe Jodi has PTSD. Rather, I think she's thrilled Travis is dead for good and that it got to be her privilege to kill him. Hence, she doesn't need counseling for PTSD. And what other kind of counseling could possibly help her become a normal, law-abiding, nice person? None, because hers is a heart problem, and evidently the hippocampus doesn't reside there. And psychologists aren't in the business of dealing with heart problems (good vs evil), but mainly with helping bad people feel better about themselves (like Dr. Samuels with Jodi).

I guess you can tell I don't think much of the philosophy of psychology (guesswork). But that's okay, as long as I can discuss it in a civil manner. Which I try to do. :50

"Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honour the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour." Leviticus 19:15

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:40 pm 

rt I think I was talking about Psychiatry. Not the PhDs.
I agree.

I don't think "IT" has PTSD either. Grasping at straws. Desperate!!

Me too. I have dealt with the reality, and it must be put behind me, the best I can do. I did it myself.
Maybe takes LONGER they say ... but I have done it ... just about. Scars always linger on bad bad wounds, I guess.
But - I AM HERE!

The trial starts again on Tuesday then? That's good for Juan. Something was wrong with his voice... cold? Over use? Not sure... poor guy. I am sure he works late into the night prepping for the next day. We only see the tip of the ice-berg of all his hard work I bet. AND does it ALL ALONE? Must be difficult. I hope he has an assistant at home doing research, etc.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:42 pm 

rt I DO think we ARE on the same page. :86 Interruptions here...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:52 pm 

Joni wrote:
rt I DO think we ARE on the same page. :86 Interruptions here...

.....:98 Well, misery loves company. :HSG It's not good to feel alone and much of the time that's how I feel. I think my beloved America has lost its mind and don't look forward to things getting any better. I just have to be grateful for having had sooo many years to live in a free and sane country (until now). Most people who've ever lived never got that.

So I need clarification on just what days the trial will be aired next week. I'm all confused.

"Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honour the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour." Leviticus 19:15

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:09 pm 

I think that PTSD test is a load of crap!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:11 pm 

rt and one can "feel alone" in a crowd ... OR even with a "mate".

We are not alone ... :4 PLUS we have out little friends, eh?
(Our little friends - see below.)

Aren't these smilies cute?

:81 Look at that tail wagging. And HE only get petted on his head.

Look at this one. :8 He gets full body pets... and then sits down for them.

So cute!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:21 pm 

70 :28 Hi! it very well might be bunk!

Anyone know when court starts again? Tuesday?

Seeing Jodi now on TV. She gets in some kind of zone when she "does things" looks like.
Jodi looks like a zombie to me.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:24 pm 

Decided to look up Zombie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zombie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:10 pm 

Thanks 70. :84 That is Tuesday yes?

Shhhh :53 I try to get errands done so I can be here for the proceedings. Was married to a lawyer and I guess got interested in the law ...

I do wonder WHAT can be next -- after Casey A. and this one? They keep amazing me! I don't think the world is safe with this whacko-lunatic loose!

Unhappy poor baby :62 ?

OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!! :59

I believe she thinks that is her RIGHT! You make HER unhappy? YOU PAY!!!! :47

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:38 pm 

..... :93

Jodi Arias is very smart. She killed the only thing she ever loved. :45

So will some very smart person jump in here and tell us when Court starts next week? Pleeze? :89

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:58 pm 

rt I leave on HLN as I do things around here. Now making Spag. and Meatballs. Whenever I hear something I will tell you.

R. I sent you that group of 161 photos. I think I saw a picture there of Travis' shower? OR was it on HLN After Dark? In ANY EVENT, what a small - small - small - shower. I am convinced that is where Jodi started it all! Clever of her. Totally trapped - AND SITTING DOWN ON IT'S FLOOR?? WHAT?? I don't see how a big person could even turn around in there!!
She stacked the deck, making SURE the playing field was leveled before she started the kill!! She had to do something, he was bigger and stronger when not bleeding to death.
So that's what I think happened... and always did. The stab to the chest ... trying to disable him or even kill him ... the long ... slow ... dragged out ... way? Maybe she didn't know he would be able to get to the sink ... then the back stabs? That must have frightened out poor little fragile waif ... he wouldn't die and kept moving!!

Was there blood on the closet carpet? Was there a long long area that had NO blood? (I think I saw Baez point that out.) Did she put something on the carpet to make dragging him easier? That might have explained the long area (was it 10'?) that had no blood? WHY blood in the closet? Were they EVER in the closet?? Did she, par for the course, try to make her "facts" fit the evidence?
NO WONDER she kept asking the Detective to see the photos. That would help her form her "story" early on. I guess though - - she had to wait till further along in the case to get them from her lawyers. Then the tailoring of her story started - to FIT the forensics.

Dr. S. keeps saying "Her second story". NO - it's her THIRD story dumb dumb Dick S.!!!

Just now Mike said on HLN Dr. Dick will be back on the stand Monday... I think more questions.
So Monday now?

1 877 TELL HLN is open mike on HLN.

Where do we call to "vote" regarding HLN After Dark??
TIA :84

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:37 pm 

Has anybody verified the photos of them posing nude were indeed from 6/4/08?
Just saying that after the text messages of 5/26/08, the grandparents stolen pistol & Jodi making the trip to Arizona, I highly doubt she went there with the intention of screwing Travis to death. I'm thinking that Jodi is a *%@#%$* conniving murderous bi-ch. If the images of them posing nude were on Jodi's camera from several months ago, she could've used Travis's camera to capture images of printed pictures from her phone.
In short those nude images could be of older pictures, that's why the video card was purposefully left in Travis's camera because Jodi wanted them to be found. I know it sounds bizarre but I'm attempting to reconcile why else Jodi would've left the camera & video card behind? It irritates the Hell out of me that Jodi left the camera & the bullet behind.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:41 pm 

..... :98

Joni, brilliant, just brilliant! YES....getting him to sit down in the shower where he couldn't quickly fight back...stab in chest...he managed just to stand and go to the sink...Jodi runs...he runs...he falls (losing it)...she slashes his throat (where that big batch of blood is on the carpet at end of hall)...she drags him to the bathroom and shoots him for good measure (she had the gun on her from the get-go). Is that do-able?

Jodi had no trouble dragging him...she's a Ninja?

I don't believe there was any sex (rope, etc) before the killing. But then, I'm not clear on all the testimony about this.

I don't know where we vote for 'After Dark' on HLN but I vote NO. They're hard up. It's as bad as 'World's Dumbest'

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:28 pm 

70WOW! Thinking outside the box... love it!! I am nowhere near a savvy as you are ... but your post is amazing! Really have me wondering and thinking.

I think the egotist/psychopath couldn't BELEIVE that Travis was taking this other girl to Cancun. In her world everything SEEMED TO BE SEX. This other girl, Mimi I think was a good girl, a nice girl, probably would be a good mother and wife. BUT - that wasn't possible - in her mind. I just think she went there with her ~~

"Plan A". That was to have a day of sex, one last good ol' college try to change Travis' mind. CONVINCE him and TAKE her! After all, how embarrassing it was all getting - even their friends would KNOW NOW!! Seemed to be the straw that broke the camel's back?

IF that didn't work ~~
"Plan B". Already set it place with every details well thought out and taken care of. Kill Travis! Maybe get him in the shower? I guess so - because that's WHAT she did, under the guise of a "photo shoot"! This pathetic wannabe photographer - it's sad. I saw "IT" running around pretending to be a photographer in that one video where Travis is in an exercise class doing the "chicken dance". Ms. Neurotic ONLY taking pictures of Travis I think. She must have studied real photographers too, how they do things, and copy them too!

I am thinking here, or trying to. What would be the advantage of her transferring the photos to his NEW camera? I am wondering ... I can understand how he might want to use his new "toy"... or have her use it though? OR is that another lie of Jodi's that Travis had a NEW camera? One NEVER KNOWS ANYTHING when dealing with a LIAR!!

There are some parts of this murder that I am IN A FOG ABOUT! :9 Did most of this take place in the bathroom ... then he tried to crawl out of the bedroom ... and got his throat slashed where ALL THAT BLOOD IS at the end of his bedroom? IS the closet involved at all here - really??? This is Jodi's story only - - to work in Travis' gun? She couldn't say she brought the stolen Grandparent's gun.
THAT WOULD SHOW PREMEDITATION. WOWEEE! :98

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:35 pm 

rt we KNOW she did get him into the shower. She WANTED him there and GOT him there. The photos show it... AND Travis sitting down too I think. What could his poor mind been going thru when he realized she got him in such tight quarters and the KILL WAS ON ...
That poor guy ...

Is there a place we can try to help Travis' family? They don't live there and have to travel, and pay for accommodations to stay there during this trial. Maybe $10.? THEY HAVE to be there to show the jury he was a much loved, good guy!

Just said AGAIN on HLN that Dr. S. will be on AGAIN - on MONDAY! Was this a re-run ... or have things changed since then??

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:54 pm 

.... :98

All I am is a girl spinning in her chair responding to all stimuli. haha

If Jodi transferred pictures to another camera, wouldn't the time stamp be the same as in the original camera. I don't know because I am anything but tech savvy. But why would she leave the camera there at all? Because no matter how smart a murderer is...they almost always make a mistake. Smart doesn't mean perfect. I think Jodi is exceptionally smart, but that she chooses to use her gift for selfish evils instead of for good. I'm just thankful she got caught.

I believe that sex for Jodi was for using to get men and to get what she wanted. She was no more interested in living by the tenants of a church than Charles Manson. She KNEW fornicating was wrong according to that church and yet she made a convenient excuse for doing it. She undoubtedly did the same for every other prohibition the church had. It's just called self-deception.

Joni, you are in a FOG from simply knowing about this case, and from seeing so much of it. You have PTSD just like every other person who knows about this case. It's all just unthinkable. The parts hard for me to deal with are how decent and normal Jodi looks, and how she got the upper hand with a man who was big and strong. I just keep shaking my head over those two things.

I am very curious about what Jodi's mother really thinks about it all. She and her sister appear to be in one accord on the matter. Do they believe Jodi did it in self-defense? Or do they know the truth because they know Jodi so well? How can they sit in the courtroom so unemotional all the time. You'd think the mother's heart would be breaking if only for herself. If my child did something like Jodi did, I'd wish I were never born.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:49 pm 

Quote:
I scored 2. Yes to # 1 and 2. And I disagree wholeheartedly that if you've experienced PTSD you get worse not better. That is absurd. I think those who go for counseling may be made worse by all the bogus 'counseling'. The psychologists just make sure they get stuck in a rut (more money for more hours counseling). I think it's more normal to deal with the event as a naturally horrific event and move on. You can't 'move' at all when in the 'fog'...I called it 'daze', but when you wake up one morning and the sun is shining again, you know things will be okay. You do not get worse, you just deal with it and do not seek comfort that can do absolutely nothing to erase what you experienced.

Brought this over from the closed thread so I could respond, rt. Your post is exactly how I think. Terrible event - but at some point you MOVE ON. It requires a strong mind not to wallow forever and not to dwell on the past. Changing that videotape that plays over and over in one's mind is hard for so many.

I really like your description of how "you wake up one morning and the sun is finally shining again." So true!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:55 pm 

Joni wrote:
rt Hi! :28

I have heard when going for therapy, in general, you do go thru some rough times. They first have to win the confidence of the patient so they will open up to them. My ex's Shrink told me it would have taken him a year or more of "buttering him up" to FIRST gain his confidence. Very obnoxious, abrasive, very defensive, and a know it all. After the Dr. gains their trust ... only then can they begin to look at the problems!

That must be very painful when they peel back the layers of the onion, and re-open the wounds, and start discussing and picking at them. I guess all of that HAS to be done in order to get to the root of their problems, then start working on fixing them.

Could this be one of the reasons patients seem to get worse, before they get better?

You've nailed the whole trauma of going through therapy, Joni. It's hard to explain (and better if it's not explained to the person prior lol) that things do get worse before they get better in therapy. Good example of the peeling back the layers of onion.

Also, as we go along in life, we just learn to neatly fold up and tuck away all the painful things, deep in our souls. Going through therapy requires reaching in, taking out those items from their safe place, shaking them out and taking a good look.

Oh, and thanks for HuffPo article with the 161 pictures. It even had a video of Jodi singing for that Xmas contest!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 991 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 50  Next