It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1048 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 53  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:39 pm 

5:37 p.m. ET:“A lot of women wouldn’t put up with the continued and ongoing pattern of interaction that was reported to me in the conversations and reflected in the e-mails and text messages and so forth,” said Samuels.

5:33 p.m. ET: Samuels is explaining the difference between aggressive or assertive behavior. He said assertive behavior is mature and constructive, but aggressive behavior can have negative outcomes.

5:30 p.m. ET: Willmott is asking Samuels how the PTSD tests has questions in that test whether the test taker is lying. Samuels said a test taker is also scored on validity, and it indicated that Arias did not lie on the tests.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:40 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
This is tedious

How long before Martinez gets to rip him a new one again?

:HSG .... :31

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:42 pm 
ADMIN

Did Samuels take Jodi licorice a la Baez and Casey?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:43 pm 

..... :Q28

I really REALLY hope Juan gets his turn today but am not too hopeful, knowing how this Court does things.

And...yes...that "PSTD doesn't mean a get out of jail free pass" was dynamite! Don't you think Juan will save that one up for his closing? In fact, isn't that all he needs to totally impeach this testimony.

"Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honour the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour." Leviticus 19:15

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:44 pm 

You're not the only one who's bored, Rumpole: :31

Michael Kiefer michaelbkiefer
Anyone think they'll be done with Samuels on the witness stand by the end of the day, or will we still be looking at him Monday?

ProducerKat 13m michaelbkiefer I'm thinking he'll still be up there in April at this rate

ProducerKat Of this year?

Samuels says trying to clean up a crime scene is not rational. Hmmm...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:45 pm 

5:47 p.m. ET: Samuels is explaining a typo in his report on Arias, where he omitted some the symptoms of PTSD Arias displayed. He said he mentioned all of her symptoms in the report, but in one paragraph he accidently left some of them out.

5:43 p.m. ET “If she did ever stand up to him, did she talk to you about what his response would be?” Willmott asked.

“She reported several times that she would be punished for speaking up to him by him not calling her for several days. And because of her low self-esteem, she began to fear that he was going to abandon her. She would wind up almost in a panic after him not calling for several days. Now that can happen once, that can happen twice but from what I understand, from what we talked about, from what I read and saw and so forth, this was a fairly common and ongoing practice at least early on in their relationship. It was a form of control,” said Samuels.

5:40 p.m. ET: Samuels said Alexander controlled Arias by withholding his love. Arias had low esteem, because she allowed him to take advantage of her over and over again.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:54 pm 

Willmott drives me nuts when she keeps saying dissAsociative when it is dissociative! :95

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:54 pm 

5:51 p.m. ET: Willmott is asking Samuels to explain a suppressed memory. Samuels said the suppressed memory is recorded in the brain, but emotionally someone can't handle it so they will block it. In the case of disassociative amnesia the brian never recorded the memory. Samuels compared it to an empty hard drive in a compute.

5:49 p.m. ET:

“With regard to the relevancy of the anal intercourse, the importance of it, to you, was what?” asked Willmott.

“The importance was that it was a pattern that was on-going. It was something that she accommodated Mr. Alexander in order to maintain the relationship. While she didn’t object, it was not always pleasant to her, according to what she told me. It wasn’t something she was getting pleasure from. The fact that it may have happened a couple of times with some other boyfriends, but only a couple of times, suggested that she had more power, more control, more assertiveness in those relationships or the men respected her more than Mr. Alexander did,” said Samuels.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:56 pm 

WildAboutTrial WildAboutTrial
So, I take it "objection.. boring" is not an option that is used in court?

:HSG

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:58 pm 

Remote wrote:
“She reported several times that she would be punished for speaking up to him by him not calling her for several days. And because of her low self-esteem, she began to fear that he was going to abandon her. She would wind up almost in a panic after him not calling for several days. Now that can happen once, that can happen twice but from what I understand, from what we talked about, from what I read and saw and so forth, this was a fairly common and ongoing practice at least early on in their relationship. It was a form of control,” said Samuels.

..... :98 Jodi would wind up almost in a panic....fearing abandonment by Travis...and yet he says she didn't appear to be jealous?

"Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honour the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour." Leviticus 19:15

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:59 pm 

Recess for Afternoon break until 3:15pm Arizona time - 6:15pm EDT

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:00 pm 
ADMIN

DRINK!!! :63

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:00 pm 

rtmember wrote:
Remote wrote:

..... :98 Jodi would wind up almost in a panic....fearing abandonment by Travis...and yet he says she didn't appear to be jealous?

Nothing they are saying is anything outside of what happens in millions of relationships any given second of each day. There was NOTHING here that is not "normal" - there is NOTHING that excuses what this monster did. For no good reason.

I agree with you - him saying she was not jealous is just absurd!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:01 pm 
ADMIN

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:10 pm 

..... :Q28

I hope when the jury deliberates, they can just ask...what did all the psychologist's testimony do for us? Or did he just add confusion to this case make our decision harder (as a tool of the Defense)?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:24 pm 

rt hi! :28

I think her claiming the "FOG" has to do with PREMEDITATION or NOT! Is that why they don't want the details of the slaughter in? Then Juan M. could really rip into them/her - BIG TIME?

This way the TEFLON QUEEN - "I don't remember"... It could be, I'm not sure... I don't think so ... That's where it becomes foggy" etc. can dance around the nitty gritty of this slaughter and NOT be pinned down!!

So their way is - more tap dancing - more excuses - avoidance - skirting the real issues - clean up the dirty ms. Arias, etc.
Their FOG SMOG GAP CRAP!

Remote I don't think PTSD has anything to do with before the murder. Do you? **I think the real PURPOSE of this PTSD is so the jury will EXCUSE her convenient absence of memory.** I really THINK that's what this is all about!

SMOKE and MIRRORS - RAZZEL DAZZEL - MUDDY THE WATERS - TAP DANCE, etc. Disgusting.
ALL designed to distract the jury from the horrendous facts of the RAGE FRENZIED SLAUGHTER!!
I was grateful Juan showed the photo of Travis with his throat gashed - ripped open out of the blue!
He was trying to bring this back to THE PURPOSE OF THIS TRIAL! JUSTICE for TRAVIS ALEXANDER!!

She didn't kill him enough? I think she would do it again if she could. She seemed pretty happy in the room when being questioned. Singing, talking to herself, laughing, worried about looking optimum HA!!, yoga stretches, head stands, throwing her head back to make her HAIR look full and it's best!
She IS trying to kill him again in the court room. She HATES him!!! SHE gave her all - shallow nothing that she IS - and it wasn't enough for a real winner like Travis! FINALLY she understood that! Simply didn't HAVE what it took! DIE ALEXANDER!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:27 pm 

Time for the Defense to Stop!

A juror just said his listening apparatus battery died. Break time for Arias trial.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:28 pm 

:98

Did he just say that a 'Defensive Violence' expert is coming up? What?

Someone's battery just died???????? We MUST put a stop to this trial for a few weeks!!!!!

Last edited by rtmember on Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ADMIN

Kick off

We're back! Question of the day: Will Martinez get the final word or will the defense filibuster their way until the end of the day?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1048 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 53  Next