It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1048 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:58 pm 
ADMIN

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:59 pm 
ADMIN

Remote wrote:
Not letting me post copy/paste from the LiveBlog - General Error

Must be some characters it does not like " # @ are prime suspects

Tweets can be problematic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:00 pm 
ADMIN

6:53 p.m. ET: The attorneys are at a sidebar with the judge.

6:51 p.m. ET: Willmott has finished her follow questions for Samuels, and now prosecutor Martinez is asking the pyschologist questions.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:00 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
Remote wrote:
Not letting me post copy/paste from the LiveBlog - General Error

Must be some characters in does not like " # @ are prime suspects

That's the thing - there are none!

Can you give it a try? There's something interesting there about an outburst in court!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:01 pm 

(in response to the Dr.'s smart-ass reply that he has no more memory problems than Martinez)

Martinez: Have you performed a diagnostic test on the prosecutor?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:03 pm 

In Sessio InSession

Arias trial watchers were kicked out of court. One woman said to another she wished "Jodi were dead." Security removed the woman.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:04 pm 
ADMIN

I tried a large block and got error... its probably the " but I dont have time to figure it out

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:04 pm 
ADMIN

DRINK!!! :63

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:05 pm 

Remote wrote:
In Sessio InSession

Arias trial watchers were kicked out of court. One woman said to another she wished "Jodi were dead." Security removed the woman.

.....WOW....I hope the jury feels that way too. Is there any Court tomorrow?

"Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honour the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour." Leviticus 19:15

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:07 pm 

7:03 p.m. ET: The attorneys are at a sidebar with the judge.

7:01 p.m. ET: Martinez is getting testy. He just asked Samuels if had a memory problem. Samuels shot back no he does not have a memory problem just like the prosecution. Martinez then asked Samuels if he performed a diagnostic test on him to determine if the prosecution has a memory problem. Willmott objected, and the judge sustained it.

6:58 p.m. ET: Martinez is walking Samuels through how he scored PTSD test PDS. He accused Samuels of changing things on the test to make Arias get a higher score on the test. Samuels said he calculated it twice, and when he scored it again it was higher, but it doesn't change the result. Samuels said he missed placed the original test Arias took.

“Sir, that’s a change, yes or no,” asked Martinez.

“I rescored it twice,” said Samuels.

“That’s a change right?” asked Martinez.

“That’s a change,” said Samuels.

6:53 p.m. ET: The attorneys are at a sidebar with the judge.

6:51 p.m. ET: Willmott has finished her follow questions for Samuels, and now prosecutor Martinez is asking the pyschologist questions.

6:49 p.m. ET: Willmott is listing all the sexually pejorative names Alexander called Arias in text messages and emails. Samuels said Arias never wrote about sexually pejorative names in her journal, because she was hopeful he would change.

“Absolutely nothing like it whatsoever, she was always writing in her journal to make Travis look good,” said Samuels.

“Did she ever talk to you about why she did that?” asked Willmott.

“She respected him, she loved him, she hoped that she could be part of his life and she was hopeful that he would eventually change,” said Samuels.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:09 pm 

Willmott asked how Samuels knows if someone is lying to him.

“I look at the consistency of the reporting. I look at the ancillary reporting, whatever that may be. In some cases it might be a spouse or other family members, it might be a diary, it might be text messages or e-mails, discussions with significant people in their lives – and you try to form a pattern. And if the things you’re being told are consistent with that which was told to you by others, then you have to attribute a higher level of likelihood that what they’re telling you is true,” said Samuels

6:44 p.m. ET: Willmott is asking what materials Samuels reviewed to determine Alexander and Arias relationship was tumultuous. Samuels said he reviewed text messages and emails. She is now reading a text message Alexander sent to Arias threatening her with his wrath.

6:42 p.m. ET: Samuels said he was confident other psychologists would make the same PTSD diagnosis in the Arias case

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:12 pm 
ADMIN

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:13 pm 

7:11 p.m. ET: Martinez asked Samuels if Arias changed her story after she read her book. Samuels said he has no idea if the book played any role in whether she changed her stories from two intruders killing Alexander to a self-defense story.

7:10 p.m. ET:

So when you said you had compassion, you told us that you had sympathy for the defendant, didn’t you?” asked Martinez.

“Well that’s Webster’s definition, I used the word compassionate,” said Samuels.

“Are you saying that you have a different definition of compassion than Webster’s?” asked Martinez.

“I’ll go by Webster’s definition,” said Samuels.

“So Webster’s talks about sympathy for the distress of another?” asked Martinez.

“That’s correct,” said Samuels.

7:08 p.m. ET: Martinez is grilling defense Samuels about his compassion and sympathy for Arias. Samuels said he gave Arias a self-help book to help deal with reality. Martinez even read the definition of compassion from the Webster's dictionary.

7:06 p.m. ET: Samuels is explaining again why he made typos in his report, and he admits that he should have made sure it was complete and accurate.

7:03 p.m. ET: The attorneys are at a sidebar with the judge.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:15 pm 

Michael Kiefer michaelbkiefer
The Arias jury is looking pained by this back and forth. One is taking off his glasses to rub his eyes.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:19 pm 

7:16 p.m. ET: Samuels said he formed his hypothesis that Arias suffered from PTSD a few months into the evaluation.

7:14 p.m. ET: Martinez asked whether Samuels feelings of sympathy continued for Arias after his first meeting with Arias.

Samuels said he did not feel sympathy for her, and discharged his duty to help her when he gave her the self-help book.

“Sympathy for me means more like feeling sorry for someone,” said Samuels.

“Okay so you felt sorry for the defendant after the first meeting then,” said Martinez.

“No I didn’t, a felt a sense of compassion,” said Samuels.

“A sense of compassion means that you felt sorry for her, doesn’t it?” asked Martinez.

“I saw a person who was having a great deal of difficulty, I felt that it would help my evaluation if I sent her this book and that was the full extent of my interaction with her that in any way could be considered therapeutic,” said Samuels.

7:12 p.m. ET: The attorneys are at a sidebar with the judge.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:22 pm 

:31

Michael Kiefer michaelbkiefer
Someone from FL just called the newsroom to ask why no one is searching the desert for more Jodi Arias bodies.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:24 pm 

From HLN's producers in the courtroom:

One courtroom watcher, sitting behind Jodi's mother, said to her companion, "I wish Jodi were dead."

Jodi's mother did not complain, but her aunt did, and security asked the 2 women to leave.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:24 pm 
ADMIN

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:28 pm 

7:24 p.m. ET: Samuels said he does not know if he has the Arias original answer sheet from when she took the PDS.

7:23 p.m. ET: The attorneys are at a sidebar with the judge.

7:21 p.m. ET: Martinez accused Samuels of being biased towards Arias. Samuels said he was not biased.

7:20 p.m. ET: Martinez wants know how Arias PTSD test results could be accurate if she lied.

“In both of her stories, someone was killed, her life was threatened and she feared for her life. So those similarities made me feel that the redo of the test was not critical to my hypothesis of post-traumatic stress disorder particularly because this was only a confirmation of my diagnosis,” said Samuels.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:28 pm 

After his sidebar, I'm sure court will be adjourned for the day!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1048 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next