Predict verdict and sentence
Not Guilty 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Guilty - Lesser charge than Murder1 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Guilty - Murder1 - LWOP 42%  42%  [ 5 ]
Guilty - Murder1 - DP 58%  58%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 12
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:11 pm 
ADMIN

I don't know what, if any, lesser included charges there are?

I can amend this poll if needed

Not Guilty

Guilty - Lesser charge than Murder1

Guilty - Murder1 - LWOP (Life without parole)

Guilty - Murder1 - DP (Death Penalty)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:25 pm 

Guilty of premeditated murder in the 1st degree. Sentenced to death, preferably prior to Easter Sunday.
Arizona is 1 of 45 States that recognize Son Of Sam Law. Jodi can't enter into any contracts or agreements where she may profit as a result or indirect result of her crime. Maybe the Ghost Writer that did the Osterman's book can mop up at Jodi's expense.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:09 pm 

Guilty of premeditated murder. I think they should give her the death penalty, but I'm not confident the jury will sentence a woman to death.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:07 pm 
ADMIN

I just heard she abuses cats... so it's DP for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:45 am 

I think I mentioned before that jodi abused cats.
She has no soul.

Deserves DP, but i honestly think the jury will give
pity because she is so pathetic.

Letting her shrivel up in prison is enough for me.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:52 am 
ADMIN

You may have mentioned it... but did you staple a note to my forehead so I would remember? :31

I was not that interested in the case at first (as you know) but NOW I am paying attention.

edit Mal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:00 am 

This was a tough call to make. Harder than the GZ polls, for sure.

Definitely GUILTY of first degree murder. But I was conflicted over the jury giving the death penalty. We all know the statistics regarding juries giving the death penalty for young women (and there are some who might find her attractive).

The fact that there are so many men on the jury made me finally tip over to Guilty, Murder One, Death penalty. She has admitted to the murder. I don't think there is any question of it being premeditated, given the facts with which they've been presented. The amount of stab wounds, the vicious slashing of the neck to the bone and then the senseless shot in the face will probably help the jury decide for death penalty.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:04 am 
ADMIN

I think the ferocity and bestiality of it... a scene reminiscent of an abattoir should push it to DP.. but as you indicate.. who knows with any given Jury.

No real remorse and her smart-arsed attitude should put jurors off her?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:08 pm 

I'd be real surprised if she gets the DP, simply because she's young and somewhat attractive and soft-spoken and 'seemingly' not happy she killed Travis....so I voted that she'll get life in prison.

But I believe she deserves the DP for obvious reasons. She took a life unjustly and unlawfully and should pay with her own.

I think Jodi is a real threat to society at large. I'm sure there are some ex-sex-users of her that are counting their blessings that they dodged a bullet.

I don't like the idea of us taxpayers supporting Jodi for the rest of her life, but knowing how things operate in modern America, heaven forbid that we make anyone actually WORK for a living! She'll have a cushy life with TV, books, friends, lesbo-vile affections, hot SHOWERS, hot food, clean clothes, telephone access and prolly computer/iPad/iPhone bought by the taxpayers too. Just thinking about her makes my blood boil.

"Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honour the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour." Leviticus 19:15

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:14 pm 
ADMIN

I am SURE she is a risk to others... so LWOP is a minimum.

I vacillate on DP.... not that I have a problem with it being done (in some cases).. just I think it is too easy. Perhaps LWOP is a BETTER punishment?

I think imposing the DP is an "exclamation mark" added to "GUILTY" by a jury.. that is good. But the fact that people linger on death row for years I suspect is a good punishment in itself.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:27 pm 

I think the jury will have an easier time recommending a death sentence than they will convicting Jodi on the charge of Murder-1. The Murder-1 conviction is the just verdict that the State will sweat, anything less is a slap in the face of justice & Jodi spitting in our face.
Once the Murder-1 conviction is secured, the death sentence will be a cake walk.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:36 pm 
ADMIN

I watched the ME testimony.

I am more convinced that the DP is warranted... still 50/50 whether the Jury will vote for it though.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:06 pm 

Guilty 1st degree. DP.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:48 am 

Remote wrote:
This was a tough call to make. Harder than the GZ polls, for sure.

Definitely GUILTY of first degree murder. But I was conflicted over the jury giving the death penalty. We all know the statistics regarding juries giving the death penalty for young women (and there are some who might find her attractive).

The fact that there are so many men on the jury made me finally tip over to Guilty, Murder One, Death penalty. She has admitted to the murder. I don't think there is any question of it being premeditated, given the facts with which they've been presented. The amount of stab wounds, the vicious slashing of the neck to the bone and then the senseless shot in the face will probably help the jury decide for death penalty.

Great points, especially the fact that there ARE many men on the jury....the poor guy was naked (vulnerable) when he was slashed, shot and nearly decapitated. In the back of their minds, there has to be an extra bit of hatred for her.

She basically killed him 3 times
*fatal heart stabbing
*gun shot to the head
*and throat slash

LWOP is too good for her. She, like CA will con her way in jail. find a way to profit....just kill the bitch.
Do they have the chair in Arizona :34 you can't hide from THIS Jodi

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:35 am 

No chair; Unfortunately Arizona doesn't employ "Ole Sparky" as a means of execution nor do they allow for hanging since a woman in the 1930s had literally as well as figuratively lost her head during a hanging execution. However: Those sentenced prior to November ? 1992 may opt for the gas chamber.
Jodi should get a painless single needle full of Pentobarbital unless the State either switches to an alternative method of execution or Jodi otherwise dies prior to her date with the Grim Reaper.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:42 pm 

Jodi was willing to plead guilty to Murder 2 early in the case - but the prosecution refused it.
They think it really is Murder 1, as I do.

She was furious about his last post! She was furious about his removing HER name from the Cancun trip and filling in Mimi's. She made the booty call. She exhausted him to help level the playing ground. She implemented plan "B" after she couldn't change his mind with her only sad weapon - - sex.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:35 am 

Since yesterdays guilty Murder-1 verdict, we're 1/3 of the way to seeing justice done for Travis Alexander. The sentencing phase will be easy compared to the the guilt phase, securing the rightful sentence of death is going to be a cakewalk. Jodi's federal appellate phase will likely drag on for 10 - 15 years until justice is finally served upon her.
Five years ago; Jodi had stated that she'd beg for the death penalty were she the person that killed Travis. During a post-conviction interview yesterday, Jodi stated that she'd prefer a death sentence rather than life in prison. I'm not getting my hopes up too high but here's to hoping Jodi honors her word of begging for a death sentence during the sentencing phase & waives her federal appellate rights.
Jodi could make history as the first woman to volunteer to be executed in the State of Arizona, I'll drink to hoping Jodi makes history within 2 years.