It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1015 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 51  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:02 am 
ADMIN

Jodi Arias, Accused of Stabbing, Shooting Lover in Jealous Rage, Goes On Trial
By Howard Breuer
01/03/2013 at 07:00 PM EST

Travis Alexander and Jodi Arias

A woman charged with stabbing her lover 27 times and shooting him in the head has gone on trial, with attorneys debating whether Jodi Arias planned the attack or fought off Mormon playboy Travis Alexander in self-defense.

In a drama being televised nationally, the pretty 32-year-old dabbed away tears as testimony began this week in a Phoenix courtroom. Jurors have been shown photos of everything from Arias and Alexander having sex to brutal crime scene pictures of Alexander's body, curled on a shower floor, his throat slit.

If convicted of the murder, Arias could become the fourth woman on Arizona's death row.

Deputy County Attorney Juan Martinez said Wednesday during opening statements that Alexander was one of the greatest blessings of Jodi Arias's life.

"She rewarded him by stabbing him in the heart," said Martinez.

....more at link
http://www.people.com/people/article/0, ... 48,00.html

Jodi Arias Murder Trial: Top 11 Facts You Need to Know

http://www.heavy.com/news/2013/01/jodi- ... der-trial/

1. Travis Alexander was Found Dead in 2008
  2. Jodi Arias Changed Her Story Two Times
  3. Prosecutors are Seeking the Death Penalty
  4. Police Said They Found Potentially Damning Evidence
  5. Prosecutors Believe She was Just a Jealous Girlfriend
  6. Alexander's Brother Says to Not Buy Into Arias' Innocent Act
  7. She Might be Trying to Become Famous for her Murder Trial
  8. The Trial Began on Wednesday 1-8-13
  9. Trial expect to continue into April
  10. Alexander was a Motivational Speaker
  11. Arias was an Aspiring Photographer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:11 am 
ADMIN

Jury selected in Jodi Arias murder trial
By Carol Gantt
updated 12:20 PM EST, Wed January 02, 2013

A panel of 12 jurors and six alternates were sworn in Thursday for the Jodi Arias murder trial.

Seven women and 11 men, ranging in age from a male who appears to be in his early 20s to several of retirement age will be deciding if Arias is guilty of killing her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander.

During Thursday’s jury selection process, defense attorneys Kirk Nurmi and Jennifer Wilmott argued that the prosecution was “systematically excluding” women and African-Americans. The jury appears to be all white except for one Hispanic male.

Prosecutor Juan Martinez argued that race and sex had nothing to do with striking the jurors. He cited a couple of women who had previous domestic violence incidents, one female who said she needed to be “100% sure that a person was guilty," an African-American woman who said she thinks the death penalty is akin to murder, and another woman is married to a preacher.

An African-American man was excused because he recognized one of the defense attorneys as a client at his after-school program.

Judge Sherry Stephens ruled the prosecution showed no bias in their decision to dismiss the potential jurors.

Authorities say Arias has given several stories about Alexander's death. Initially, Arias told police she wasn't with him when he was killed. Then, she said two intruders killed Alexander.

Now Arias is saying she killed Alexander in self-defense because he got violent with her. If convicted, Arias faces the death penalty.

...more at link
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/12/20 ... cted-sworn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:14 am 
ADMIN

Jodi Arias: Cold-blooded killer or innocent victim?

Jodi Arias is accused of shooting her ex-boyfriend in the face, stabbing him 29 times and slitting his throat from ear to ear. At her trial in January, her attorneys will argue she killed him in self-defense.

By Graham Winch and Katherine Brennecke
updated 12:26 PM EST, Wed January 02, 2013

"No jury is going to convict me ... because I am innocent and you can mark my words on that. No jury is going to convict me."

That's what accused murderer Jodi Arias told "Inside Edition" in a jailhouse interview just three months after her ex-boyfriend's bloody corpse was found in his bathroom.

By many accounts, Jodi Arias is a pretty, well-spoken, smart young woman. She's also about to stand trial for shooting Travis Alexander in the face, stabbing him 29 times and slitting his throat from ear to ear.

At her trial, scheduled to begin in January, Arias’ attorneys will argue she killed Alexander in self-defense, though they have not offered any details about how they’ll try to convince the jury of that. In early statements to police, Arias said she wasn’t with Alexander when he died. Later, after police matched a bloody handprint at the scene to her, Arias claimed she and Alexander had been attacked in a home invasion and the masked intruders killed him.

A jury will ultimately decide whether Alexander was the aggressor in the encounter that led to his death, or whether Arias is guilty of a cold-blooded murder deserving of the death penalty.

"I know this might sound creepy, but I hope to get to watch her die someday after she's on death row," Alexander's sister, Tanisha Sorenson, wrote in an email to HLNTV.com.

....more at link
http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2012/10/ ... -or-victim

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:16 am 
ADMIN

Jodi Arias trial: Utah man testifies Arizona woman had 'cuts on hands' after killing
Posted: 7:58 PM
By: MaryEllen Resendez

PHOENIX - Day four of the Jodi Arias murder trial had compelling testimony from the man Arias visited after killing Travis Alexander.

Ryan Burns said he met Arias at a Prepaid Legal Service conference in 2008.

Burns described Arias as shy in large groups, but funny and personable one-on-one.

The two began talking by phone and with text and instant messaging.

Burns told the jury that Arias drove 12 hours through the night to see him in Utah, but arrived 24 hours late, which was the day after Arias' boyfriend Travis Alexander was brutally stabbed 27 times.

Arias now admits she killed Alexander, but says says she was forced to do it in self defense.

Prosecutor Juan Martinez asked Burns if Arias seemed upset about anything and he replied no.

Burns went on to detail their afternoon together which included a makeout session before taking a nap.

....more at link
http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_ph ... er-killing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:58 am 
ADMIN

For those who want to follow the trial live streaming...........

This trial is expected to last until April 15, 2013

State of Arizona vs Jodi Arias

TRIAL DAYS....MONDAY THROUGH THURSDAY'S ONLY

Trial BEGINS....Time.....(10:30AM MST).......(11:30AM CT).....(12:30PM ET)

court is expected to go until 5PM MST.. EVERYDAY!!

Livestreaming for the trial
(Possible links)

ABC Livestream.
http://abcnews.go.com/live

AZ Central
http://www.azcentral.com/video/1724204566001

CBS5 KPHO
http://www.kpho.com/category/224303/kph ... -streaming

AZ family
http://www.azfamily.com/home/Watch-LIVE ... 15702.html

Radaronline livestreaming
http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/ ... ivestream/

Superusvoxtv InSession Livestream
http://www.superusvoxtv.com/index.php/speciality/tru-tv

TWITTER
https://twitter.com/INSESSION

FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Travis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:29 pm 
ADMIN

Jodi Arias: Femme fatale or woman of faith? Jurors hear conflicting persona in murder trial as prosecutors play phone calls of Arias lying

Arias, 32, is on trial for killing her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander in 2008, which she claims was in self-defense. Phone calls were played of Arias telling a detective she tried to contact Alexander the week he died, although authorities claim she was lying because she knew he was no longer alive. Some in the Phoenix courtoom, meanwhile, broke down after seeing pictures from the crime scene.

By Erik Ortiz / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Thursday, January 10, 2013, 10:22 AM

Jurors in the murder trial against Jodi Arias are faced with two conflicting images of a beautiful brunette who killed her ex-beau: Was she a femme fatale or a timid woman of faith tricked into a lewd lifestyle?

As the trial continued this week, jurors in Arizona’s Maricopa County Court listened as a medical official gave the gruesome details in the 2008 death of 30-year-old Travis Alexander. Crime scene photos caused at least one juror to wipe away tears as the victim’s family was visibly shaken as well, ABC News reported.

....more at link
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/j ... z2HbAvJ84G

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:42 pm 

I haven't been following this case, but it sounds fascinating.

Anyone know why it's going to be such a long trial?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:14 pm 

Hi MM ... :79 For some reason the big ones usually are. What a horrific murder!! VICIOUS!!
I do think those stabs in his upper back (many) are a very important thing. THAT is SELF DEFENSE?
Stabbing him in his back?

He died a long agonizing death I think. They seem to be putting the sequence of stabbings into prospective because of the bleeding. ONLY if he was alive could that bleeding occur. Not sure if ANY were done after he died. Stabbing... 28, plus one to the heart, plus almost decapitating him (right to the spine - 3 1/2" deep)
and shooting in the face!! She SURE wanted him dead!!

Not ONLY did he have all that physical agony, but the mental - knowing he was surely going to die. He told his mentor "If I am killed -- it was Jodi". He knew... :97

Wonderful man, from druggie parents, living in a car, just about starving with his siblings, to a great sucessful man. So so sad...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:19 pm 
ADMIN

I have not followed the case, but I am with Mal... what is there that will take 3 months of trial??

If you follow it, Joni.... even just news now and then, please keep us posted :42

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:08 pm 

I will be happy too. I am devastated by this "winner" who really pulled himself up by his own bootstraps ...
to be murdered by this ego driven lunatic!
I think he had gone to Mexico - and didn't take her. (They were broken up ... but still "friends with benefits"??
We can now see THAT is very dangerous!) He broke it up. His friends all said "Travis, you can do BETTER than that!"
Then - he won a trip to Cancun and was leaving in a day or so, taking a girl he liked but wasn't ready for him.
Another Mormon. They were going to stay in someone's house, separate bedrooms or she wasn't going!

Maybe she didn't want to really get involved with him? They both saw Jodi following them on their
first date! Very scary ... she was smart! Nothing happened ... but I think Jodi thought something was going on.
The girl took the stand and said "Travis liked me and wanted more, but I just wanted to be friends..."
WONDER HOW THAT made Jodi feel? ALL THIS done for nothing then? :45

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:47 pm 

Just thinking ... shows what a dumb woman "it" is. Wants to be a pro photographer? Doesn't even know the basics of photography.
How did it start taking pictures on it's own? She SURE knows her way around cameras. :31 AND we all know now, even if a camera goes thru a washing machine cycle, you can STILL RETRIEVE pictures - via the "sim card".
I think the reporting of the stolen camera a week before the murder is VERY TELLING ... a planned murder!

Jane V. M. is coming on in 14 minutes. She will show some of the photos shown in court today she said.

That poor boy ... having the misfortune of getting involved with a stalker/killer! He mentioned to a friend he was going to look for a wife, settle down, have children, etc. He said something about you never know if you will come up against an "axe murderer". I think her slashing and RE-slashing of his tires (as soon as he replaced them) spoke volumes to Travis... he knew how sick and determined she was.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:48 pm 

OOOPS above... "THE REPORTING OF THE STOLEN "GUN" SHOWS WHAT GREAT PLANNING SHE DID. She lived with her grandparents in a very small house. Their ONE gun was missing. A few others were left there.

Police ALL KNOW -- theives take ALL guns available.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:45 am 
ADMIN

Jodi Arias Jury's Questions Suggest Doubt Over Investigation

By COLLEEN CURRY
Jan. 16, 2013

Jurors in the Jodi Arias murder trial asked questions today suggesting they had doubts about the investigation into the murder of her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander.

Arizona is one of only three states that allow jury members to pose questions to witnesses after prosecutors and attorneys have finished their questioning.

Today, on the eighth day of Arias' trial in Maricopa County, the jury had several questions for the lead detective in the murder investigation.

The jury submitted multiple handwritten questions to Judge Sherry Stephens after the testimony of Detective Esteban Flores of the Mesa, Ariz., police department:

"When interviewing Mr. Alexander's roommates, did they ever show concern for his extended absence?"

"Did you ever check into their alibis?"

"Did Mr. Alexander have another boarder living in the house (and) were fingerprints of the boarder taken to see if they matched the scene?"

The questions suggested that the jury has not completely bought the prosecutions' argument that Arias, a jealous ex-girlfriend, drove to Alexander's house in 2008 and had sex with him before stabbing him 27 times and shooting him. His body was found five days later.

Arias faces the death penalty if convicted.

... much more at link, background, photos, videos etc
http://abcnews.go.com/US/jodi-arias-jur ... d=18229073

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:37 am 

My thoughts on jodi the slasher arias
1. i don't know anything, except that i didn't do it "if i was going go murder someone, i would be more humane."
2.i don't know anything, except two ninjas did it. "they had on those beanie type caps, what do you call them?"
3. i was there and i did it but i had to. "She had 2 seconds to decide his life or hers."
Here is my theory.
jodi told travis to pose in the shower -to keep him distracted ( or he didn't know she was there, which seems normal, for this is one disturbing gal.)
Now look at the pictures, in sequence.
remember there are only seconds in between.
picture sequence is >his head facing one way >his head facing the other way> his back to the camera>coming around facing right>STAB to chest > next picture is him holding his chest>his face>him down in the shower. It's also said that the picture of his face was taken A. while he was sitting down in the shower, B. after he was stabbed in the chest. Actually, if you add these up to the pics, it's disturbing .
Once jodi knew that travis knew that jodi had stabbed him, she went nuts on the rest. she got her juices when she saw his face knowing she "won". The throat slitting was a final "HAHA", and the gunshot was out of evil and spite and revenge. They say the gunshot wound came last because it never bled, because the blood in his body had already stopped pulsing. But she doesn't shoot him yet.
Then she drug him out of the shower. Why? First let's say this is when she drops the camera and accidentally snaps two of the pics that show the ceiling and her foot.
Now, she drags him out of the shower, why? A. To take a shower herself, B. no one knows, but speculation to make it look like it was staged, took him out in the other room and shot him. Then she takes him back to the shower?
I think she took a shower with him laying in the shower. I also thought she may have been naked while she stabbed him, but the accidental picture show her pants and shoe.
Also, jodi dyes her hair right after this from blonde to brunette, and I think it has something to do with blood stained blonde hair.
Then there were the four kool-aid type stains they found in the rental car... or hair dye...
No mats in the rental car, no weapons, no gun, a camera that went through the washing machine, and a dog Napoleon, that ONLY jodi has mentioned.
Self defense, and he was defenseless in the shower.
So those are my quick thoughts on the case, i have just started watching this whole thing last week-end. I didn't realize the trial had started, so i wasn't caught up on stuff.
what the hell.
if Jodi is cma'd, there should be a revolution......
but that's just me.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:15 pm 

kjnelson Hi. THIS is SOME study again, in madness isn't it? Yes there SHOULD be a REVOLUTION IF she WALKS!!
I believe her yoga stretch was to try to "win over" some of the detectives. She had to know she was on camera.
Casey did her "Casey Strut" with the detectives following her - hoping to "win over" them too.

Poor Travis didn't stand a chance. Used to go in thru his "doggie door" and get naked and get in bed with him. Poor guy -
getting involved with the devil - Jodi Airhead/Killer.

HOW do people get into the mindset "I RULE! If I can't have you nobody will. Your LIFE belongs to ME!"???

I saw a picture of him about age 17. So cute, wholesome and innocent. Heartbreaking. I heard he was picked on in High School... pants ill fitting I think, etc. HOW FAR this young man came ... how wonderful he was.

I think when his tires were repeatedly slashed (her style - the SLASHER!!) and then too she did it to a girl Travis was dating, and entering thru the doggie door - he had to know he might die. Why didn't he remove that doggie door? Hard to deter a killer though - who is determined to KILL YOU!

He commented "I want to find a girl to marry and settle down. One never knows if they could hook up with an axe murderer..."

I think too a wonder paragraph was credited to her that was straight from Travis' Facebook.

She bleached her hair blonde because didn't want to look "ethnic". She is half Mexican.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:24 pm 

I can't believe it ... her bloody handprint was found there - a mixture of her blood and Travis' blood.

R yes. AND this Jury ... "Did they check the alibi's of the roomates?" WHAT???? ARE THEY KIDDING?
This Jury is scaring me ... please don't tell me another CMA Jury! :97

WAIT till the Defense crucifies Travis!
Their job will be to confuse... just like Bozo did, and make their heads spin! Only takes one, I think...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:03 am 
ADMIN

Jodi Arias Trial: State Rests Its Case
Posted: 01/17/2013 5:26 pm EST

The state rested its case in the murder trial of Jodi Arias Thursday, and the defense made an immediate plea for dismissal.

Prosecutors in the Phoenix courtroom rested after brief appearances by Mesa, Ariz., police detective Esteban Flores, Sprint representative Jeff Strohn, and an acquaintance of Arias, Leslie Udy.

...snip......

Once the jury was escorted out of the courtroom, Nurmi filed a motion asking for dismissal of the premeditation charge. According to Nurmi, prosecutors had failed to present evidence of premeditation and therefore a reasonable jury could not convict Arias on a charge of premeditation.

Martinez voiced his disapproval of the motion, arguing that Arias had gone to great lengths to plan Alexander's murder. Martinez said Arias staged a burglary of her own home, rented a car, and brought a gun and a knife to Alexander's home.

Judge Sherry Stephens said she would review the motion.

While there will likely be some criticism of the prosecution's decision to pull up stakes on day nine, without presenting additional evidence or witnesses, Seattle lawyer and legal analyst Anne Bremner said she feels the state did an excellent job presenting the case to the jury.

"I think that the state has done well," Bremner told The Huffington Post. "They built their case step by step. They showed Jodi's lies and depravity. They showed her obsession. They showed her lack of remorse. She confessed. They have a dead body."

Bremner added, "In the Casey Anthony and O.J. Simpson trials, the DAs took far too long. They overtried their cases trying to anticipate any criticism or defense. As a result of that, they bored the jurors, obfuscated the issues, diluted their own powerful evidence and ultimately lost."

If the defense motion for dismissal is denied, Arias' lawyers will begin presenting their case at 10:30 a.m. on Jan. 29, according to a Maricopa County Superior Court spokesperson. If convicted, Arias could face the death penalty.

BBM

...more at link
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/1 ... 98572.html

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:38 am 

Thank you R. for your great update. :86
Dismissal! If that isn't BRASS _____! His poor family ... having to suffer all these additional
slings and arrows.
I guess she couldn't kill him. Tried 3 different ways... 29 knife wounds and one even to the heart,
decapitation - almost, then a gun shot to the head.
How humane she is ...
That last picture of Travis in the shower looking straight ahead... I wonder if he saw the knife then?
Or maybe the start of their argument (I think) "YOU WON'T TAKE ME CANCUN THEN ... YOU ARE TAKING HER?"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:35 am 

Might be the right tactic to keep it short and not bore the jurors. Hmmm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:56 pm 

Only MHO that she gave it one good last try ... trying to go with Travis to Can Cun - and IF NOT she WAS prepared.
He was going with the new girl, who so far were just "friends". (I do wonder if Jodi's slashing tires, twice Travis' and once hers (?){ it was some girl's tires}, and then following them on their first date TURNED HER OFF? She is a Morman.)

So a sex marathon all day... maybe still trying to convince Travis to take her - while he was in the shower... and taking photos of what she might KNOW were his last minutes on this earth (HOW DISGUSTINGLY SICK!!!), then photos too of the murder? OR were they accidental?

Will the Jurors fall for that oh so soft little helpless voice?

They are going to smash Travis' reputation during their part - Defense. They will try to say he is a deviant, etc.
IF HE KNEW ABOUT SUCH THING ... I BELIEVE IT WAS ALL TAUGHT TO HIM BY THE "3 **** WONDER!!" Can we add TO that "the gymnast" too?
Travis - who was picked on in high school, suddenly found himself a REAL WINNER!! Poor guy, all new to him? I read he TRIED to break up with her but couldn't ... she would crawl in his "doggie door" and jump on him naked in bed, do damages to his property and his friends too ... what could he have done to fight a determined whacko? I would have had the "doggie door" removed for one thing.
She obviously stole his keys after the murder or how else could she LOCK the master bedroom suite - from the hall?

CAN you STOP someone so determined? Fatal attraction for sure.

Funny, these disturbed "winners" never think for themselves. Casey got her idea of the kidnapping by the "Nanny" from a TV program.

Jodi got her idea from the film Psycho maybe and or Fatal Attraction? I am sure this dark person has seen both of those dark films. :97

I feel so sorry for Travis, raised by innocent, good Mormon Grandparents. He was NO MATCH for her!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1015 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 51  Next