It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1015 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:10 pm 
ADMIN

I agree CRG... the evidence is clear. It points to a sequence of events.. whether she remembers them or not. (and I think she remembers it all)

Not sure she would KNOW where she threw the gun, if it was in the desert... perhaps buried a little even.. could not find it again herself if she tried.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:13 pm 

:98

Jodi has TREMENDOUS difficulty getting INTO the Self-Defense role!!!!!

If I'd been asked, "If you didn't want to leave his body like that then WHY did you leave it like that!" I'd have said, "FOR GOD'S SAKE ASK TRAVIS! HE'S THE ONE WHO ASKED FOR IT! I DIDN'T WANT HIM DEAD, HE WANTED ME DEAD!!!!!!!!!!! CAN YOU GET THAT???!!!!! And I'd be very very upset. She is just....taking it all...with a...grain of salt....

"Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honour the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour." Leviticus 19:15

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:14 pm 

70scarrestoguy wrote:
The only question I'd consider asking Jodi Arias. Where did you dispose of your grandfathers pistol which you used to shoot Travis Alexander's corpse in the head?

Even then I'd expect Jodi to look me in the eye while she lies to my face. I wouldn't believe a single sentence that slithered from Jodi's lips. Were I a juror; I'd dismiss everything Jodi has said as lies. I'd consider Jodi's guilt based upon the physical evidence & conclude that Jodi planned to murder Travis.
I'd vote to convict Jodi of First Degree Murder.

With death or LWOP? That was the hard decision for me!

eta - ok, I just went to the poll thread to see your answer. DEATH. I am usually squeamish to proclaim death in many cases, but this one practically screams out for it.

Last edited by Remote on Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:17 pm 

rtmember wrote:
:98

Jodi has TREMENDOUS difficulty getting INTO the Self-Defense role!!!!!

If I'd been asked, "If you didn't want to leave his body like that then WHY did you leave it like that!" I'd have said, "FOR GOD'S SAKE ASK TRAVIS! HE'S THE ONE WHO ASKED FOR IT! I DIDN'T WANT HIM DEAD, HE WANTED ME DEAD!!!!!!!!!!! CAN YOU GET THAT???!!!!! And I'd be very very upset. She is just....taking it all...with a...grain of salt....

This is what baffles me about her testimony.....at one point, Nurmi was practically giving her the answers within his objections and she would go the other way! She even contradicts Nurmi when he's trying to help her out!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:18 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
One of my fave tenors.... and your fave carol.... :32

Thanks for the updates earlier.. and all the other days :86

Andrea Bocelli & David Foster - O Holy Night

YW and thanks for this nice gift of my favorite Xmas song! Those 2 are truly gifted! :79

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:21 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
Thank God she never had kids!

You don't know how many times I have had this very thought watching this trial!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:24 pm 

I can't get over JA trying to push "memory problems" on the jury. It probably would have been more believable if she wasn't constantly correcting the prosecutor about some of the small details!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:33 pm 
ADMIN

I don't see she could get away with a not guilty plea?

The only point of taking the stand is to TRY and convince the jury of a version that refutes (or explains) the evidence.

It is a bit silly to take the stand and say "I don't remember" ??

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:36 pm 

Remote wrote:
rtmember wrote:
This is what baffles me about her testimony.....at one point, Nurmi was practically giving her the answers within his objections and she would go the other way! She even contradicts Nurmi when he's trying to help her out!

Yes, Nurmi has given her SOOOO many answers but all you hear is the objection from Juan that he's leading her. Yes-siree, he sure is. Nurmi said to Jodi...."You didn't have any other choice, did you?" Objection, leading. But Jodi never caught on. An honest person defending their own life would say..."I HAD NO OTHER CHOICE!"

"Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honour the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour." Leviticus 19:15

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:52 pm 

I was surprised to hear that the jury has not been told of the tire slashing!! :95 Do they know about her entering his house through the doggie door or any of the stalking behaviours? What about those texts Travis sent her?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:54 pm 

100 questions from the Jury. Love it!! Windows to their souls ... yes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:58 pm 

Remote wrote:
With death or LWOP? That was the hard decision for me!

eta - ok, I just went to the poll thread to see your answer. DEATH. I am usually squeamish to proclaim death in many cases, but this one practically screams out for it.

I agree. I don't have a problem with it for serial killers or mass murderers, but otherwise...

but in this case, since she said she wanted to commit suicide, but couldn't do it because it hurt, I think the jury should help her out and grant her her wish. :Q3

edit Mal
We need a "roll eyes" smiley. I've rolled my eyes more the last 2 weeks watching Jodi Arias' testimony than I have my entire life!

Edit Rumpole
Then get of yer Azz and find one
:14

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:07 pm 

They are all willing to come in early tomorrow re the questions. I think Martinez wants Travis' family there.

He has a morning trial, but said if they wanted him there he would BE THERE! He wants to get this over and her put away I am SURE!!

Tonight Dr. Drew has someone else who knew something was wrong with her ... friend of Travis'. Different one?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:13 pm 

No proposal from Travis written in her diary? Sure, she gets 2 a week.

GADS! She looks like a murderer to me. :18 Cold, evil, like ice water runs in "IT's'" veins!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:15 pm 

Maltese Mama wrote:
I was surprised to hear that the jury has not been told of the tire slashing!! :95 Do they know about her entering his house through the doggie door or any of the stalking behaviours? What about those texts Travis sent her?

I'm curious about this too. Does anybody know if the jury has been informed about Jodi's stalking behaviors?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:29 pm 

Never before important video seen of Jodi.
Also might be put on HLNTV.com also.
It is long ... might have some on tomorrow now.

Coming on RIGHT NOW. Dr. Drew HLN.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:34 pm 

I just put Dr Drew on!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:44 pm 

Good Mal. Did you see it? About 20 people were there. IT is laying it's head on Travis' lap. WHAT is that all about? Bored - only wants to be with HIM ALONE?
He is telling a story about almost being killed. A GUN was held to his head!!! I don't know where/why...
More of this video on tomorrow night. Then I think it will be put on http://www.hlntv.com they said! Good to see Travis alive, animated, talking!! What a STORY and she is SLEEPING????
My heart was in my throat ... and I am not even there!!

The couple there, friends of Travis who brought the video said "IF you looked in her eyes, totally E M P T Y..." He is right. There is NO SOUL in there.
That's why she can sit there on the stand looking as she does... It's SOOOOO SICK.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:52 pm 

No court on Monday or Tuesday

In Session
5 hours ago

The judge seems to be concerned about the pace of the trial. At the start of the afternoon session she asked the jurors if they could attend court on March 11th, a day they were previously told court would be dark. Some of the jurors said they are not available that day. There will not be court on March 11th and 12th as previously planned.

https://www.facebook.com/InSession

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:54 pm 

Is that because of the 100 Juror questions that they have to discuss?

THEN does Jodi answer them? They will be working???

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1015 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next