It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:47 pm 

Hi Carm :28

It was 11 to 1. One hold out for LWOP.

Aside from this ... hope you are having a good Thursday :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:57 pm 

11 to 1 ...UUghhhhh Honestly I feel that person owns some of the pain that will be inflicted on the Alexander family knowing that Jodi will continue to lie and say horrific things about Travis. Shame on that idiot. Don't sign up for the DP if you can't deliver.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:58 pm 

And :69 Molly

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:04 pm 

I know Carm :roll
I'm a reading reports from a friend on Twitter who is in the press conference w/ jurors who wanted to talk. Hope to have more later about this hold out juror.

Will edit this post with info after I vet as factual :)

ETA: hey Carm,
I had a major change of plans today .. may be tomorrow. I want to get it right and all be factual. Not in a position to research anything until LATE tonight, but I do have a source and will read other reports and condense. I really am interested to find out about her. One thing I read is she admitted, during deliberations, is not looking at the autopsy pics. WHAT? :eek

:69

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:18 pm 

Thanks Molly ! I'm out for a bit but I'll be back later to see what you've found out :69

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:23 pm 
ADMIN

ARIZONA! :wall

MARK LINDSAY (Arizona).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:36 pm 

WOW! :eek :eek
Since I never cared either way, LIFE is good enuf for me.
I can say this:
Wyatt Earp would be ashamed of Arizona today. :TF

AT least it's over............... :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:23 pm 
ADMIN

Hi KJ

I agree... I was prepared for LWOP 1st trial... so OK result.. but fuck me, what a waste of time and money and they gave the bitch the opportunity to fuck us all about some more. Strut her stuff and manipulate the system!! :stamp

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:24 pm 

Some beautiful news Sherif Arpaio is denying all interview request for Arias. Kudos Sherif Joe Kudos. May she never darken the lens of a camera again.

And on a sour note it sounds like the holdout came in with an agenda. May she see Travis' corpse whenever she closes her eyes.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:43 pm 

Barf. I believe that if serving on a jury with one holdout that the other 11 jurors be allowed to take said holdout out back and beat the sh*+ out of them. Especially when you've had to endure months of a long drawn out do over trial with the likes of Nurmi every day.
Spit.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:07 pm 

If what I am reading about juror 17 is accurate Judge Sherry Stephens should be removed from the bench.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:40 pm 

Yep. Should've been able to beat the shit out of her.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:05 pm 

Just amazing, juror 17 would not look at autopsy photos.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 am 
ADMIN

Cathy@courtchatter
To all asking me about juror 17 & possible 1st husband sent to prison by Juan, I don't report until I have verified myself. Stay tuned.

DP for juror 17 seems appropriate to me.. :wall

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:22 am 

Failure to deliberate, two felon husbands, husband is Facebook friends with pro-Arias clan, saw "bits and pieces" of the Arias movie, demanding pay for an interview after the trial, repeating Jodi's words verbatim, "Death penalty is revenge," not being able to voice or agree to a single case where she would believe the death penalty was a just punishment, and so on go right to the edge of actual bias, in my opinion they cross the line. IF Juan prosecuted her husband then that is a definite concealment of a material fact. Having watched the movie is concealment of a material fact. Apparently on her on Facebook account she commented on current news shows during the penalty phase which one of the jurors said they were supposed to avoid watching.

There is more but that is all I have time to correlate at the moment.

http://www.sdap.org/downloads/research/ ... /jmcdu.pdf

A. What is Actual Bias?

Actual bias is defined as the existence of a state of mind on the part of the juror in reference to the case, or to any of the parties, which will prevent the juror from acting with entire impartiality, and without prejudice to the substantial rights of any party. (Civ. Proc.

Code, sec. 225, subd. (b)(1)(C); see People v. Hillhouse (2002) 27 Cal.4th 469, 488; People v. Foster (2010) 50 Cal.4th 1301, 1325; People v. Nesler (1997) 16 Cal.4th 561, 581.)

A. Concealment of Material Information During Voir Dire

“‘Voir dire examination is designed to protect a criminal defendant's right to a fair trial by exposing possible biases, both known and unknown, on the part of potential jurors. Demonstrated bias in the responses to questions on voir dire may result in a juror's being excused for cause; hints of bias not sufficient to warrant challenge for cause may assist parties in exercising their peremptory challenges. The necessity of truthful answers by prospective jurors if this process is to serve its purpose is obvious.’ [Citation.] A juror who conceals relevant facts or gives false answers during the voir dire examination thus undermines the jury selection process and commits misconduct.” (Hitchings, supra, 6 Cal.4th at pp. 110–111, fn. omitted.) A prospective juror’s false answers on voir dire can prevent the parties from intelligently exercising their statutory right to challenge a prospective juror peremptorily or for cause and is “ . . . not a mere matter of procedure, but the deprivation of an absolute and substantial right historically designed as one of the chief safeguards of a defendant against an unlawful conviction.” (People v. Diaz (1984) 152 Cal.App.3d 926, 933.)

What is important is what the Alexander family wants, I would hate to have them win an appeal, go through this hell again and then have the same dagger through the heart. I hope they can put Jodi in her hole and have some semblance of a life knowing that she at some point (I think Jodi is giddy as a kid on Christmas morning at the moment) she feels victorious and is on the high of not having received the death penalty just because she knows it further hurts Travis' family and will eventually give her more prison freedoms, give Jodi a month of no interviews and her blue padded cell, and the reality of her "victory" will set in. Jodi looks terrible, a year from now she will look much worse, the body begins to mirror the soul.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:15 pm 

Carmelita wrote:
What is important is what the Alexander family wants, I would hate to have them win an appeal, go through this hell again and then have the same dagger through the heart. I hope they can put Jodi in her hole and have some semblance of a life knowing that she at some point (I think Jodi is giddy as a kid on Christmas morning at the moment) she feels victorious and is on the high of not having received the death penalty just because she knows it further hurts Travis' family and will eventually give her more prison freedoms, give Jodi a month of no interviews and her blue padded cell, and the reality of her "victory" will set in. Jodi looks terrible, a year from now she will look much worse, the body begins to mirror the soul.

I love this, Carm, you have a fabulous way with words. :heart

You are way ahead of me at this point.

:40 I cannot get over Judge Stephens getting the note, after two days of deliberating, that all 11 jurors wanted Juror 17 replaced .. and she didn't take action. This is what ALTERNATE jurors are for. We've all seen jurors released and substituted for lesser reasons. But, seeing how JSS handled this circus of a penalty phase doesn't surprise me.

I woke up with a Jodi Arias hangover.
:Q44

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:20 pm 

Thanks Molly :blush

I am reading more about juror 17's husband possibly being prosecuted by Juan.

This is claimed to be juror 17's husband.

I don't know a thing about juror misconduct in favor of the defendant in the penalty phase when it is the second penalty phase, this mistrial may set precedent.

I wonder if 17 looked at the autopsy photo's during the trial. This sits squarely on the judges shoulders, err on the side of the defense, but do not ignore on behalf of the defense, that is a dangerous precedent not law.

If Judge Stephens opts for LWP I will be stunned.

Amazing world.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:38 pm 

Home Sweet Home for Jodi. Such a victory.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:15 pm 
ADMIN

Looks about right.. Smelly potty not shown in pic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:10 pm 

Well I hope that Willmott loses her liscene if this is true,

"We all knew her first husband had a past and if Juan didn't check it out, that's his fault." Jennifer Willmott

If Willmott said this, that indicates that she knew that juror 17 lied on her void dire questioner when 17 was asked if 17 had any prior acquaintance with any members of the court. It also indicates that Wilmott believes that juror 17 made her decision not on the evidence but because of a personal animosity toward Juan.

Truly I see Willmott as little better than Jodi at this point, Willmott has let Juan's shellacking of Willmott and Nurmi make her a bitter vengeful woman. What a twisted dark hag. Willmott and Nel should hook up and make an Omen child.

My apologies for the picture that paints in anyone's mind.

Blech.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63  Next