It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 63  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:20 pm 

I saw JVM and some other reporters chasing a juror who happened to walk by a group of them. He was tall, older, and had a long grey pony tail. He just kept saying no comment and bought a ticket to ride the light rail. He got on the train and left. JVM is such a lunatic. I couldn't help laughing. She was filming him with her phone.

Remote, I'm glad you are back. Congratulations about your dd.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:22 pm 

Now we know why they had "extra security" - because of the Alexander men. They didn't know
what they would do. Boy WHAT SELF CONTROL they have!! Amazing.

How much of a re-run does this new jury have to hear? Will "IT" take the stand for another 18 days? Can they get her off, once she is on?

She is REALLY destroying their health - ulcers, Post Traumatic Stress - breaking up marriages, tearing parents away from crying babies who don't understand, maybe losing their homes next, and jobs.

AND I know she loves tormenting them. Why I don't know. THEY are not Travis. She is so messed up and twisted. Please GOD take her OUT - of - here!!

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:23 pm 

HLN is going to show her cell, again. NOW.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:25 pm 

Yes, Rumpole! Another good point - the instructions were confusing - but then that begs the question: WHY didn't they ask for explicit clarification?

If someone knows or can correct me, I'd love to hear the exact explanation....but this is what I understand from reading about this:

There was some confusion when the law changed in Arizona (in 2011?) regarding LWP and LWOP - in the past, the 2 were esentially the same thing in that the LWOP after the inmate served 25 years, they would become eligible for parole. Deaf, of course, stayed the same.

Now, with the new law, the 2 actually do what they mean. HOWEVER, turns out that because this case began in 2008, seems Jodi is grandfathered in to the OLD LAW. That was what Juan Martinez touched on in his statements (with Willmott objecting), but I don't think it was clear. Then there was the sleazy move by the defense where the explanation about the laws changing and Jodi's case applying to the OLD law was missing from the jury instructions and that's what Judge Sherry had to correct the other day.

Has anyone read about this??

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:27 pm 

http://gretawire.foxnewsinsider.com/201 ... lty-phase/

County Attorney Comments on Outcome in State v. Jodi Ann Arias

PHOENIX, AZ (May 23, 2013) – Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery released the following statement in response to the lack of a unanimous decision in the penalty phase of State v. Jodi Ann Arias:
Quote:
“We appreciate the jury’s work in the guilt and aggravation phases of the trial and now we will assess, based upon available information, what the next steps will be. As of this point in time, the Court has set a Status Conference for June 20 and we will proceed with the intent to retry the penalty phase. Because, for purposes of a jury determination on punishment, this is still a pending matter, there will be no further comment.”

ADMIN

Joni wrote:
How much of a re-run does this new jury have to hear? Will "IT" take the stand for another 18 days? Can they get her off, once she is on?

Hours and hours of anal sex and tossed salad.... all the autopsy pics again......

Of course on the plus side.... Dr Horn!!

Thanks for the congratulations, friends! :heart

It is a proud moment.....now....let's see if she can actually find a job and finally get off our payroll! :lol

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:30 pm 

Rumpole wrote:

Hours and hours of anal sex and tossed salad.... all the autopsy pics again......

Of course on the plus side.... Dr Horn!!

You certainly know how to get to us, Rumpole! :Gslap

Ok, I thought I had read that the new jury comes in and has to be brought up to snuff, but not by testimony, they must read? And then the only "do-over" is all the maneuvers of the penalty phase?

Is this correct? Does anyone know? I suppose we'll be told nightly until July 18th? Can you imagine how the networks are loving this, especially HLN??

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:34 pm 
ADMIN

My understanding is that is up to prosecutor how much he(she) presents.

If they do Magically find a jury largely uninformed about the case.. they will want to present quite a bit I imagine.

And on the defense side too.

I can see it being quite a lengthy mini-trial.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:35 pm 

Remote wrote:
Yes, Rumpole! Another good point - the instructions were confusing - but then that begs the question: WHY didn't they ask for explicit clarification?

If someone knows or can correct me, I'd love to hear the exact explanation....but this is what I understand from reading about this:

There was some confusion when the law changed in Arizona (in 2011?) regarding LWP and LWOP - in the past, the 2 were esentially the same thing in that the LWOP after the inmate served 25 years, they would become eligible for parole. Deaf, of course, stayed the same.

Now, with the new law, the 2 actually do what they mean. HOWEVER, turns out that because this case began in 2008, seems Jodi is grandfathered in to the OLD LAW. That was what Juan Martinez touched on in his statements (with Willmott objecting), but I don't think it was clear. Then there was the sleazy move by the defense where the explanation about the laws changing and Jodi's case applying to the OLD law was missing from the jury instructions and that's what Judge Sherry had to correct the other day.

Has anyone read about this??

Thanks for the information. NG mentioned the law had changed and I couldn't find anything on it.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:38 pm 
ADMIN

I thought one of the Jury questions while deliberating covered that.... they were told LWOP was not certain.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:40 pm 

Remote... get the great book "The Occupational Outlook Handbook". Many many jobs and RELATED jobs.
Can look at it in the library... or look up a specific job on it - on the net.

Vinny said he wishes there was a third choice. Life in Prison with no chance of parole, AND solitary confinement! A third choice.

I wonder if her lawyers, old or new are learning from these TV shows... telling her WHAT she needed to do. Not good! This new one could be done in 2 weeks, IF they didn't put on such a LONG LONG LONG production. THEY were on forever, the prosecution ... not long at all. The defense had on their clown idiots, and Jodi for 18 days????????? Isn't that unheard of? Usually they don't get on the stand at all.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:41 pm 

oh, ok - I didn't know about the question from the jury. I just wonder if it still wasn't clear.

What the heck happened to change the resolve of whomever was the hold out (or more than one?)?

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:44 pm 

So according to HLN there were 8 for death and 4 for life.

While I empathize with the jurors' situation, I do hope the 4 that couldn't stick the needle in her arm get to watch all Ms. Arias' recent TV interviews so they can understand the full measure of her narcissism and psychopathy. Then they can take a nice, long swallow from their cups full of regret.

Remote: congrats on the new grad! :51

MBTB: I think he's adorable, too. I just love that little face. :heart

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:47 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
My understanding is that is up to prosecutor how much he(she) presents.

If they do Magically find a jury largely uninformed about the case.. they will want to present quite a bit I imagine.

And on the defense side too.

I can see it being quite a lengthy mini-trial.

The only thing that helps put my mind at ease about this second go-around is that in regular trials, most cases re-tried due to a previous hung jury, result in a guilty verdict (and in this case it would be for the penalty of DEATH).

The reason is because the State has the chance to "fine-tune" the case, different/additional evidence is released or touched on and different statements are made with the benefit of hindsight.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:52 pm 

JanC1955 wrote:

While I empathize with the jurors' situation, I do hope the 4 that couldn't stick the needle in her arm get to watch all Ms. Arias' recent TV interviews so they can understand the full measure of her narcissism and psychopathy. Then they can take a nice, long swallow from their cups full of regret.

Remote: congrats on the new grad! :51

MBTB: I think he's adorable, too. I just love that little face. :heart

Thanks, Jan - it's a proud moment!

(your doggie is adorable!!)

"Then they can take a nice, long swallow from their cups of regret" -this line is pure poetry!

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:58 pm 

JanC - thinking more about what you said, can you imagine these jurors watching her change her pathetic demeanor as soon as they left the courtroom, the "diva" requests when doing her media interviews, the Troy Haden FOX interview 20 minutes after their guilty verdict? How about the wanting death statement to Troy Hayden? Hearing how she said she thought "the jurors betrayed" her? Seeing how many times her attorneys asked to get off the case?

This is just off the top of my head. Thinking of all this is making me ANGRY!

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:59 pm 
ADMIN

JanC1955 wrote:

For heaven's sake!!

kj and I sorted this problem yesterday.... :stamp

While deciding with a coin toss we introduced the concept of "practice" goes.

The 4 rogue jurors should have been made to toss a coin... TAILS means DEATH..

..... and they can have as many goes as they need to get TAILS :cool

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:03 am 

Remote wrote:
oh, ok - I didn't know about the question from the jury. I just wonder if it still wasn't clear.

What the heck happened to change the resolve of whomever was the hold out (or more than one?)?

The judge called them in and read them the LWP and LWOP in the instructions. She said she had forgot to read that. Both the defense attorney and Juan addressed the subject to the jury.

Shortly after that the jury had a question about what to do if not unanimous. The judge gave them the dynamite charge and sent them back.

The jury also had that information in the paperwork at the beginning of the trial.

I believe they were deadlocked from the beginning.

Last edited by murderbythebook on Fri May 24, 2013 12:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:04 am 

If the Jodi Arias trial starts up again in July, what happens if the Zimmerman case is on at the same time?

Split screen? :lol

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 63  Next