It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:16 am 
ADMIN

(aka "E")

DOB: 2-18-72

Boyd has been in the criminal justice system since he was 14, when he was charged with breaking and entering. As an adult Boyd has a record of involvement in at least 9 armed robberies. He was convicted on 5 charges because of a plea arrangement and imprisoned.

Of those connected to the Christian-Newsom crimes, Boyd is the only one not to have been charged with murder, rape, or torture. He was, however, convicted of Federal charges of carjacking and assisting Lemaricus Davidson to avoid arrest.

Boyd's statements to LE and at trial have conflicted with not only with each other, but also with the statements of his involvement given by Coleman, Thomas, and Cobbins.

During the federal trial, Defense insisted that Boyd only knew of the carjacking and murders from talking with Davidson. This conversation was alleged to have occurred after the two broke into a vacant house to hide from LE, who had a warrant out for Davidson's arrest.

According to what is available of his interview with LE in the media, Boyd was picked up by police for an unrelated matter and when interviewed again, claimed not even to know Davidson. On further questioning of his involvement, Boyd continued to deny any knowledge: "There ain't no telling what I did [the night of the carjacking]. I be ripping and running....Walking up and down the streets of Ridgebrook [Apartments], just drinking, smoking and drinking and smoking weed, that all I do every day." His story changed a few more times from his being at Chipman in the living room while Channon Christian was being assaulted in a bedroom to his being on the porch because he was told to get out of the house.

Coleman, Cobbins, and Thomas have placed Boyd at the carjacking and/or at Chipman. Boyd was said to have led Christopher Newsom into the house and then to have left with him. Cobbins and Thomas say they were present when Boyd sexually assaulted Christian. (Pages 1-2 http://gray.ftp.clickability.com/wvl...yd-search.PDF; see also Cobbins and Coleman statements in their Info Only stickies). An independent witness, Xavier Jenkins, places Boyd at Chipman.
But, as of this date (9-18-09), no DNA has linked Boyd to Christian or Newsom.

After conviction on the Federal charges, Boyd told the judge: "I'm asking for the mercy of the court. I didn't have to do this [help Davidson hide], but I did it to make sure this man didn't hurt nobody else." Boyd, apparently, still denies any role in the carjacking let alone subsequent events.

In April 2008, Boyd was sentenced to 18 years in prison on 2 Federal charges.
He is currently appealing the sentencing.

The State of Tennessee remains interested in Boyd's involvement in what happened to Channon Christian and Chris Newsom.