It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:19 am 

I don't think this was a surprise outcome. I must admit, I can't for the life of me ever understand why that jury thought she was not guilty of that little child's murder.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:10 am 
ADMIN

Hi Wroughhead... :51

No. I can't see any suits causing KC too much bother... and you can't get blood out of a stone anyway. :(

I think there was enough evidence to convict her... but I have accepted the jury verdict. As I have often opined.... the judicial system we have CHOSEN to live by does have a "pay off matrix" of results purposely set up to (try and) ensure that we do NOT find innocent people guilty... especially where serious penalty (and most especially DP) is involved. In effect we are prepared to see guilty people go free so as to be more sure that innocent people are not punished. It is an "unfair" system in that sense. The standard of "proof beyond any and all reasonable doubt" is a very high stanard... and that burden is on the PROSECUTION... the defendant is "innocent until proven guilty". I think many of us who followed the Casey Anthony Case for years were very disappointed with the verdict... but we do have to "suck it up".

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:11 am 

As we also have to suck up quite a few more with both guilty and not guilty outcomes. It appears she did cause her child to die whether intentional or accidentally who knows but they did not prove it beyond a doubt in my opinion. So odd as opposed to how they convicted Scott Peterson on nothing.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:59 am 

Yes I agree, unfortunately. we have to abide by what the jury's oipinions were. Often too I think that apart from their own notes they take in the process of the trial, they are also privy to photos and other items that we are not, so all in all, what they saw and heard was not sufficient proof of her guilt, so we must stick by it I agree.