It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 21  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:31 pm 
ADMIN

Casey Anthony trustee withdraws plan to sell her life story in bankruptcy
Casey Anthony's lawyers opposed the plan, which would have sold her story to highest bidder.

By Jeff Weiner, Orlando Sentinel
4:32 p.m. EDT, May 7, 2013

A trustee has withdrawn his plan to sell the rights to Casey Anthony's life story as part of her Chapter 7 bankruptcy.

The trustee overseeing Anthony's bankruptcy, Stephen L. Meininger, had filed a motion in March seeking permission to sell "the exclusive worldwide rights in perpetuity to the commercialization of Anthony's life story," including her daughter's death and her high-profile murder trial.

However, on Tuesday the trustee filed a one page notice indicating that he was withdrawing that motion.
No explanation was given for the abrupt about-face, but a recent joint filing indicated that the trustee and Anthony's attorneys were "discussing potential resolutions of the issue," at U.S. Bankruptcy Judge K. Rodney May's suggestion.

The next hearing in the bankruptcy is set for Wednesday afternoon. Calls to Meininger and his attorney weren't immediately returned.

...more at link
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/loc ... 1768.story

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:33 pm 
ADMIN

Casey Anthony lawsuits: Fate unclear after bankruptcy hearing
Gonzalez and Kronk are creditors in Anthony's bankruptcy

3:23 p.m. EDT, May 8, 2013

What does Casey Anthony's bankruptcy mean for the two defamation lawsuits pending against her? The answer was no less murky after a hearing Wednesday in Tampa.

The suits, brought by Zenaida Gonzalez and Roy Kronk, were halted in their tracks by Anthony's January Chapter 7 filing -- which she hopes will ultimately end them for good.

Gonzalez and Kronk are both listed as creditors in Anthony's bankruptcy, but because the suits haven't been resolved, it's unclear what, if anything, she owes them.

The parties don't agree on how to settle that question: Anthony's lawyers want a judge in federal court to rule on the suits. Gonzalez and Kronk want jury trials in state court.

Attorneys for Gonzalez and Kronk were in court Wednesday to ask U.S. Bankruptcy Judge K. Rodney May to extend the deadline for them to object to Anthony's bankruptcy until after the suits are settled at the state level.

But May said such a delay is premature: "I haven't determined that [the suits] should be heard in state court."

The judge set a hearing for May 30 to argue both issues.

Anthony has been in hiding since her trial in the 2008 death of her daughter, Caylee. Anthony was charged with murder, but only convicted of four misdemeanors, two of which were reversed on appeal.

She did not attend Wednesday's hearing.

Gonzalez sued after Anthony said a similarly named nanny had kidnapped Caylee. The nanny didn't exist, but Gonzalez was linked to the case in the media — upending her life, she says.

Kronk, the meter-reader who found Caylee's body in woods near the Anthony home, says Anthony's attorneys wrongly implicated him in the girl's death.

Anthony's legal team argues both lawsuits are frivolous.

....more at link
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/loc ... 3277.story

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:45 pm 
ADMIN

Casey Anthony motion slams Judge Belvin Perry for 'Today Show' interview
Attorney: Interview 'eviscerated' chance at fair trial

UPDATED 11:26 AM EDT May 13, 2013

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. —In a new court filing, Casey Anthony is blasting Judge Belvin Perry for his interview a week ago on NBC's "The Today Show."

Anthony's bankruptcy lawyer said Perry's interview "completely eviscerated any possible chance" that Anthony might receive a fair trial in Orange County.

"Judge Perry revealed confidential information concerning events that occurred during the criminal case," the motion said.

In the interview, Perry said he believed there was "sufficient evidence to sustain a verdict of murder in the first degree" in her criminal case.

"Astonishingly, although he is still Chief Judge, he criticized the jury in the criminal case and expressed his personal views," the motion says.

"Judge Perry's comments raise serious concerns as to whether judicial canons which are supposed to guide the judiciary have been trampled," it reads.

A series of lawsuits against Anthony are still pending.

Read the full motion
http://www.wesh.com/blob/view/-/2012298 ... -Perry.pdf

...more at link
http://www.wesh.com/news/casey-anthony- ... index.html

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:48 pm 

So, she thinks she can't get a fair trial and is still blaming everyone else for her problems. Is she ever going to realize and admit that is was HER actions (and her family's cover up) that is the cause of all her problems? As Cindy said (before she became a perjurer) "if you had just told the truth..."

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:03 pm 
ADMIN

Casey Anthony's attorneys: Judge Perry 'eviscerated' her chance of fair defamation trial
5/13/13

"Anthony's attorneys said in a document filed Friday in bankruptcy court that Perry revealed confidential information on the national news program and expressed his personal views on the evidence and the outcome of her case.

"Judge Perry's public announcement that he believes Ms. Anthony was guilty and that 'God' would be the one to ultimately administrate justice, further tainted the prospective juror pool and ensured that Ms. Anthony could not receive a fair trial in Orange County, Florida."

...more at link
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/loc ... 8348.story

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:55 pm 
ADMIN

Casey Anthony bankruptcy hearing ends without ruling

Judge set to rule in about three weeks.

4:33 p.m. EDT, May 30, 2013

TAMPA --
The debate continued Thursday on what's next for the defamation lawsuits against Casey Anthony, but nothing was decided after an hour-long hearing in bankruptcy court.

U.S. Bankruptcy Judge K. Rodney May said he hopes to rule in about three weeks on whether the Zenaida Gonzalez and Roy Kronk lawsuits, both halted by Anthony's January Chapter 7 filing, can continue in their march toward jury trials in state circuit court.

...more at link
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/loc ... 4993.story

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:48 pm 
ADMIN

No decision made by judge on Casey Anthony defamation cases
Decision deferred for three weeks
UPDATED 4:33 PM EDT May 30, 2013

TAMPA, Fla. —No decision was made Thursday on two defamation cases against Casey Anthony.

A judge was set to decide whether the cases could move forward, but the decision was deferred for another three weeks.

Anthony claims she has no cash, but Zenaida Gonzalez and Roy Kronk want her to pay up. They have sued Anthony for defamation and are hoping to get money out of her.

....more at link
http://www.wesh.com/news/casey-anthony- ... index.html

Post subject: Moved
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:53 pm 

Casey Anthony Threatens To Disappear

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/casey- ... index.html

Casey Anthony threatens to 'disappear' over bankruptcy case
Hearing scheduled in Florida next week

excerpts:

"Local 6 uncovered a new memo filed in the Casey Anthony bankruptcy case in which her attorney suggests that Anthony may have to "disappear" if she's forced to go to trial."
"The memo, which shows how frustrated Anthony is with the ongoing court battle, says if Roy Kronk and Zenaida Gonzalez are permitted to take Anthony to trial, Anthony "will be forced to find new accommodations, or just simply disappear and say it is not worth the fight anymore.""

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:56 pm 
ADMIN

Thanks for the update taurus.

I do want to keep an eye on what happens to KC... but easy to miss updates.

The headline is a bit misleading.... she is not threatening to "skip town" just more of the same old same old... living in secret location

(It does not seem to be posted at WS... where I started my KC career... so I'll do it there.. thanks again)

Post subject: Move
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:28 am 

I wasn't on this forum during the Casey Anthony trial. But, I've been finding some of the videos (by her and others) on YouTube - so I'm off to do some more watching to catch up with what this case was all about.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:30 pm 
ADMIN

It was a VERY interesting case at the time. It is what attracted me to all this online stuff.. 2008.
I was a bit obsessed :) For over 3 years, and very dissapointed when she got off.

It was already over by the time I started this forum... but I provided an extensive forum for it... having not quite let it go.

CASEY ANTHONY and ENTOURAGE
viewforum.php?f=95

There is SOME info there, and you can post about the case yourself there, but for more history you will need to look around the net.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:47 am 

It is most unusual for me not to have heard of various trials in the States, but at the time, I had not heard of this one, and the subsequent outcome.

So, that being said what I have been doing since I have at the moment so much time on my hands - several times a day in between other things, I come on to my computer and catch up with day 1 onwards. At this time I'm on day 6, and even reading various articles, and watching the trial on the David Lohr uploads to YouTube, I'm stunned that the jury returned a not guilty verdict - based on the evidence I have seen and heard just at this point.

I actually wish I didn't know the outcome when I began to watch! Whatever else this girl is, she is blatently covering up and lying about something all through the missing period of this little girl's life. I'll let you know once I've heard the trial in its entirety.

I have attended many trials in my life, and written about them over the years, and thought nothing surprised me about juries - but not so. Some of the jury decisions reached over here in my own country astound me too.

Back to watching day 6 Mrs. Anthony in her 2nd day of evidence.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:47 pm 

I'd never been a member of a forum before this case, but I needed to discuss it with others since no one I knew was following it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:30 am 

MM none of my friends would be interested in this kind of thing - whereas I have been for many many years.

I have to say though, once I realized the outcome of this trial (even more so now) I'm totally mystified with all that I'm following - now on day 9, that this woman was set free. Even the judge in this case stated he was astounded at the verdict the jury returned, given the evidence.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:38 pm 

Now I'm annoyed as I can't seem to get past day 10 trial coverage. I've got to go back and try searching youtube - there are one or two update videos put on by just about everyone, but what I'm wanting to follow is the David Lohr videos, that's what I've been watching - it's so annoying as I'm right into the case and forming opinions now.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:45 am 

Casey Anthony is such a manufacturer of fable, it would be difficult to believe anything she says. Don't forget also that she loves attention - that's what the whole case was about.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:46 pm 

I hope that Casey Anthony does not profit from anything regarding this case. I note that they're making a movie of it now, so hope she doesn't profit from that.

I feel so sorry for what she has put her parents through all this time - she's a disgrace.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:11 pm 
ADMIN

Wroughead wrote:
Now I'm annoyed as I can't seem to get past day 10 trial coverage. I've got to go back and try searching youtube - there are one or two update videos put on by just about everyone, but what I'm wanting to follow is the David Lohr videos, that's what I've been watching - it's so annoying as I'm right into the case and forming opinions now.

I moved some posts from the Jodi Arias forum over here to Casey Anthony.

There was an OLD thread at Jodi Arias seeking to compare Casey and Jodi... but it never went anywhere....

They are two separate cases :)

I have posted here links to a complete archive of videos of the Anthony Trial:

Casey Anthony Trial Complete Archive **NO DISCUSSION**
viewtopic.php?f=95&t=649

The Anthony forum with various topics is:

CASEY ANTHONY and ENTOURAGE
viewforum.php?f=95

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:32 am 
ADMIN

The case in a nutshell....

Casey Anthony - The KC Files

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:47 pm 

Great R. Thanks!! :heart

Poor baby's little mind. Knowing TRUE HONEST LOVE from her grandparents, and knowing TRUE HATRED to the point of DEATH ... from her own mother. She must have been so confused...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 21  Next