It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Moved
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:17 pm 
ADMIN

Katt wrote:
DUH! I bet you want to move my post, doncha??

Yes Katt.. :31

No big deal... I do welcome all opinions.. just not in the Humour department :24

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:11 pm 

Katt wrote:
Nobody will like my opinion but this is what message boards are for--opinions and debating. Anything I post is IMO!

Casey did not premeditate her child's death. I say death because I do not think Casey killed Caylee. I think Caylee died accidentally but I am not sure how. Drowned, sleeping in hot car, possibly being over medicated (and not with chloroform either).

Casey was very immature and didn't know what to do after she found her child dead, although I think those flurries of calls to her parents was when she found Caylee and didn't know what to do, but couldn't reach anyone. It gave her time to calm down and think and she knew her parents would never forgive her for letting Caylee die.

Cindy and George loved that child and they were almost immediately attacked by the media and public and that sent Cindy into protect mode, because I think there was no way her family felt she could be responsible for Caylee's death. What Cindy and Goerge did was something i think many parents would have done for their child simple because they couldn't believe Casey kille3d Caylee. Once they accepted she may have been responsible, I think they felt the same as I that it was accidental and they were still going to protect her.

Should Casey have been found guilty of something? Yes she should have and she should be serving a sentence of some sort. Child endangerment, treating her little body the way she did, lying to LE etc.

I know I am way in the minority but please don't attack me for my opinions. I have thought this from the start and the trial did not change my mind.

I agree with you Katt, but they all had so many chances to tell the truth and not waste the time and resources of Law Enforcement, Tim Miller, all the volunteers looking for Caylee... and they could have stated that Zenaida Gonzalez was NOT in anyway responsible for the disappearance of Caylee. Her life didn't need to be ruined to save Casey. And I found the tactics of her defense team reprehensible. Did they really need to drag George through the mud (the molestation accusations), if it truly was an accident? Immature or not, she needs to own up and take responsibility for her actions and choices. The whole family does.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:14 pm 

Casey reminds me of some I know who have the type of personality that enables them to live for the moment. They seem to be lacking in true feelings, although they can come across with what appears to be love, sincerity, compassion, empathy etc., but actually they are modeling behaviors that they have seen and know how to use to their advantage. For the moment they may mean it to a degree. But they don't seem to have the mechanism to really feel so they don't sustain any particular emotions or feeling, and they go on to whatever comes up. They appear to adjust to anything. Even punishment doesn't seem to affect them as it may to most of us.

And as far as finding her guilty, I had a hard time fitting even those lesser charges since they are based on "if this then this" type of wording in the instructions. Also maybe the negligence charges but then was it culpable negligence, simple, gross, or what? Was it her fault or someone else's? Nothing was proven, and I believe like many that they overcharged to begin with and the judge didn't instruct that circumstantial evidence is as good as direct evidence. So much confusion that I believe the jury had their hands tied and the burdon of proof is on the prosecution. I don't think they proved anything.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:26 pm 
ADMIN

I disagree Packy :24

There was more than enough evidence... a little hard to present it all without running a trial for many months and even what there was, required some concentration from a jury.

There was physical evidence linking the dead body to the ANT home (Various items ESPECIALLY the rare duct tape).... more than just link the body.. it linked the MURDER to the ANT home. I posted for 3 years on this stuff.. I can't present it all here again... There was the evidence of a dead body in the trunk... largely lost on a dim witted jury it seems.... etc all "hard" evidence.

People use the phrase ""It's just Circumstantial evidence" but a case based on circumstantial evidence can be POWERFUL never the less... more powerful than say witness testimony which is fraught with problems.. and in the KC case you had MOUNTAINS of circumstantial evidence.

IMO the only mystery at the trial was whether or not to apply the DP... and that can debated.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:56 pm 

I have confidence in juries. Ever since I actually put myself (mentally) in the place of a juror. Although we may easily jump to conclusions when we're not in that position to judge for real, knowing our conclusion means nothing, a juror knows that his/her decision will impact the rest of the defendant's life. It's really a super serious job. The closest I ever came to being a juror was the day we all showed up for jury pickins and the case was settled before we'd been there 20 minutes. Whew!

I know that "everyone" thought Casey Anthony would be judged guilty. We just couldn't wait for that moment. Nobody liked her. But toward the end of the trial I was pacing the floor and yelling at the TV that we needed some solid evidence that she murdered Caylee. There just wasn't any. She had a smelly car that reeked of death and that was it.

"Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honour the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour." Leviticus 19:15

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:16 am 

I personally think Casey Anthony was guilty as sin and I also think it was shown sufficiently in the trial but this could potentially be me being biased like I'm angry at people for being in the Zimmerman situation. I am pretty sure it's not though, and that even if it is it isn't anywhere near as bad of an example of that bias.

I think there was at least enough to convict her of SOME version of manslaughter or something. The biggest thing was the duct tape... why would you duct tape the mouth of an already dead child?

She did it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:39 am 
ADMIN

Of course she was guilty?

The Prosecution case presented in court showed that with out any doubt at all.

There was a lot of hard evidence as well as a mountain of Circumstantial evidence, that it was Murder.

The defence mounted by Baez was pathetic.. his and his team's behaviour was outrageous, and itself should have incurred sanctions from the court as well as criminal prosecution

Various witnesses lied...in some instances that rose to the level of perjury.

The Jury GOT IT WRONG in that instance... I hope each and every jury member suffers deep remorse for their pathetic performance.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:17 pm 

I know they got it wrong, but I keep flip-flopping on whether it was an accident and a cover up or premeditation. When I first heard about it on the news, I thought (hoped) accident, then as more and more evidence came out my opinion changed. But as time passes, my emotions keep going back to hoping it was an accident and forgetting the evidence. Maybe because as a woman, I really can't fathom a mother purposely killing her child. (I know it happens more often than I'd like to believe, but...)

This is why I am doing my best to avoid the TM/GZ case...there's already more than enough emotional responses to the case. I'm very impressed with Geo's and Rumpy's rational, straight forward posting on it. :85 Keep up the great work!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:44 pm 
ADMIN

Casey Anthony: Lawson Lamar defends seeking death penalty
posted by halboedeker on June, 24 2012 10:35 AM

Quote:
Lamar defended seeking the death penalty against Anthony, who was later acquitted of murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

“Any time that you’ve got a case where you believe the defendant — morally, ethically – you believe the defendant is guilty, you should go for it. It belongs before a jury,” Lamar said. ”The fact that it was charged as a first degree does not mean that jury had only first degree as a choice.”

Lamar said he consulted with other prosecutors who agreed that the death penalty was called for because of expert testimony “that the tape was over little Caylee’s mouth and nose.

....more at link
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entert ... nalty.html

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:52 pm 
ADMIN

Come on people.....focus.... remember what you read and saw for three years

No need for cognitive dissonance and down playing things now

The Evil, callous, lying Bitch KILLED Caylee.... wrapped 3 pieces of Henkel Duct Tape across a 2 year old child's little face... and added her TRADEMARK little heart sticker.

She taped Caylee's hands together and threw her in the trunk of her car( eventually to ROT and PUTREFY).... and went off to hire a video and fuck her latest boyfriend!!!

This was MURDER!!!

The verdict was A TRAVESTY

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:02 pm 

Maybe the jury got it wrong because of the main Prosecutor Jeff Ashton. I was furious with his immature smirking and laughing behavior during the closing arguments. How can a seasoned prosecutor be so stupid? Caylee deserved better.

"Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honour the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour." Leviticus 19:15

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:37 pm 

You're right, Rumpy! And if I were on the jury I would have fought tooth and nail for a guilty verdict and was puzzled as to how they came to that conclusion. And I believed that at the time and it's not that I don't anymore...

I'm just trying to understand and figure out WHY the same people (esp. at one particular forum), could see the evidence in THIS case and yet not be able to see the evidence in the TM/GZ case. WHY are people reacting so differently to the 2 cases...

It just has me puzzled and I'm trying to compare the 2 cases to figure it all out, but I guess I'm doing a terrible job expressing myself! :62 So...I'll drop it!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:38 pm 
ADMIN

Ashton did a GREAT job... I forgive him that one smirk... it hardly warrants changing the outcome.. he was reprimanded.

We were all hootin' and hollerin' and laughin' at Baez... he is a clown. :87

Jeff Ashton - Here Comes Your Man

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:55 pm 

I don't blame him either. Baez reminded me of "My Cousin Vinny", but Vinny's arguments at least made sense. Actually, Baez's defense really reminded me of Richard Gere's puppet scene in "Chicago"!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:28 pm 
ADMIN

It's all Show Business, kid!

Casey Anthony - Razzle Dazzle 'Em

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:52 am 
ADMIN

Casey Anthony: Jose Baez, in new book, tells how she dodged media, where she went
By Mike Schneider, The Associated Press
10:56 p.m. EST, June 26, 2012

The Florida mother who was acquitted last year of murdering her 2-year-old daughter had mental health issues that contributed to her habitual lying, the lead attorney in her criminal case says in a new book.

In "Presumed Guilty, Casey Anthony: The Inside Story," Jose Baez said detectives should have realized Casey Anthony had built a "fantasy world," and her lies weren't evidence of guilt but signs of someone with "serious mental health issues."

Quote:
Baez repeats the allegations of sexual abuse in greater detail in the book, saying it contributed to Anthony's mental health issues. Mark Lippman, an attorney for George Anthony, refused to comment on the book Tuesday because he hadn't read it.

....more at link
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/201 ... tal-health

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:59 pm 
ADMIN

Casey Anthony to cash in 'by turning journals into best-selling book'... but publishers fear public backlash
By Louise Boyle

Casey Anthony is pinning hopes on turning her journals into a money-spinning, tell-all book, despite the fact major publishers have balked at the idea of working with her, it was claimed today.

The 26-year-old has been keeping a diary ever since she was first put on trial last year for the murder of her daughter Caylee. She was acquitted in July of the two-year-old's murder but convicted of lesser charges including lying to police.

She is said to spend her days inside, writing down her thoughts and editing past journals to find the best excerpts for her memoir.

'Make no mistake, Casey will absolutely be releasing a book, it's just a matter of time. Casey feels this is the only way that she can get her story out and she feels that the public wants to hear from her,' a source told RadarOnline.

However several big publishers have shied away from the idea of publishing Anthony's book for fear of a public backlash.

Her lawyer Cheney Mason told Piers Morgan on CNN last week that his client had no intention of writing a book.

Anthony broke her silence after a year to tell the presenter during a phone conversation: 'I'm not making gazillions dollars.

'I don't give [an expletive] about money... I may have in past... I was a stupid kid. I am 26 now. I have gone through hell.'

However, her attorney Mason did add: 'We are sitting back watching... When the time comes she will have her story to tell.'

It was initially speculated that Anthony could command up to $750,000 for her first exclusive interview following her trial, but the big four national networks and cable news declined to pay that sum.

The infamous Florida mother, had teamed up with Los Angeles-based TV producer Scott Sternberg to pitch an interview to all the networks.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, the interview had a price tag of $500,000 to $750,000, but CBS News, ABC News and NBC News all stated they would not pay for an interview with Anthony.

Despite the denials from her lawyer, Anthony was said to be desperately in need of money as her reputation as 'America's most hated mother' has left her unable to go out in public.

She was also believed to want to change the public perception of herself.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2162090/Casey-Anthony-turning-journals-best-selling-book.html#ixzz1zbSndp4f

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:06 pm 
ADMIN

'Dr. Phil' donated $600,000 to Anthony charity, People reports

How much did Dr. Phil McGraw pay to a charity set up by George and Cindy Anthony?

That question has floated out there since the parents of Casey Anthony appeared on the season premiere of “Dr. Phil” in September.

People magazine reports that the figure was $600,000.

The magazine offers the information in ”The Strange Lonely Life of Casey Anthony.” The article is timed to the first anniversary Thursday of Anthony’s acquittal of murder in the 2008 death of her daughter, Caylee.

WESH-Channel 2’s Bob Kealing reported that George and Cindy’s attorney Mark Lippman wouldn’t confirm the figure in the People article, but Lippman said the Caylee’s Fund charity was dissolved Friday and $100,000 in it had been distributed to three other foundations.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entert ... ports.html

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:00 am 
ADMIN

Report: Casey Anthony living in West Palm Beach area
Updated: 9:48 a.m. Wednesday, July 4, 2012
Posted: 9:56 p.m. Tuesday, July 3, 2012

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. —

Nearly a year after her acquittal in the death of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee, has Casey Anthony settled in Palm Beach County?

According to an AOL news report, Anthony has indeed settled in the West Palm Beach area. Thursday marks the one-year anniversary of a jury finding Anthony not guilty in the 2008 murder of her daughter. Since being released from the Orange County Jail last July, Anthony has moved around the state living primarily in seclusion, according to various published reports.

....more at link
http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/rep ... are/nPmTp/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:47 pm 

Casey Anthony Thought Her Father George Was Caylee's Father, Says Lawyer Jose Baez

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/05/casey-anthony-incest_n_1652420.html?1341525748&icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl4%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D176123

Were there any DNA tests done to prove or disprove this allegation?

figg

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next